Options

2022 North American rumour thread take 2

Comments

• Options
    I'm throwing Missoula into the mix for a possible date. They tweeted a clip from the 2018 show recently. I'm choosing to believe this is a sign. 
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,754
    MikeRed22 said:
    I'm throwing Missoula into the mix for a possible date. They tweeted a clip from the 2018 show recently. I'm choosing to believe this is a sign. 
    Maybe with ballparks in the summer again?
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    MikeRed22 said:
    Maybe with ballparks in the summer again?
    I'm seeing the RHCP/Strokes and Foo Fighters in a 10 day stretch at T-Mobile in August. Why not add PJ to the mix too?
  • Options
    YourDirtisMyfoodYourDirtisMyfood Boston Posts: 4,496
    Someone posted this on a DMB site regarding DMB playing Bottlerock Festival:

Can confirm they WON'T be playing Bottlerock this year. Headliners are Metallica, Pink, Luke Combs.

So if anyone thought PJ might play that festival, take it w/a grain of salt.

Thanks.
  • Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,631
    edited January 2022
    Something random I have noticed is that a lot of venues have now gone completely cashless, a change I expect to remain permanently in place after covid.
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • Options
    DM282158DM282158 Beverly, MA Posts: 527
    Something random I have noticed is that a lot of venues have now gone completely cashless, a change I expect to remain permanently in place after covid.
    100%. Similar to digital ticketing. 
    Boston '06
    Mansfield '08
    Hartford '10
    Worcester, Hartford '13
    Global Citizen, NY '15
  • Options
    Mr. FixerMr. Fixer Posts: 586
    Hey bud, on another thread that was closed, you mentioned the re-scheduled 2020 U.S. tour possibly starting in November?  Any inside info on that?  For some reason, I feel that is where it is headed.  Maybe I will be proven wrong, but just a feeling.  Thanks in advance.
  • Options
    Mr. Fixer said:
    Hey bud, on another thread that was closed, you mentioned the re-scheduled 2020 U.S. tour possibly starting in November?  Any inside info on that?  For some reason, I feel that is where it is headed.  Maybe I will be proven wrong, but just a feeling.  Thanks in advance.
    I dont have any inside info.  Someone else mentioned that they had a leak from MSG that stated the New York show specifically would be in November.  

Many of us have since predicted that Baltimore will be canceled due to a renovation issue, and that MSG and Canada will be in November, likely surrounding some added East coast dates.

The belief is still that the 2020 Tour and the rest of the shows will start in May, possibly starting on the west coast and working east.  
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
  • Options
    DM282158 said:
    i'm with hank
    i hate everything that we have become

• Options
    rustneversleepsrustneversleeps The Motel of Lost Companions Posts: 2,209
    DM282158 said:
    i'm with hank

i'm with helplessdancer and hank
  • Options
    DM282158DM282158 Beverly, MA Posts: 527
    DM282158 said:
    i'm with hank

i'm with helplessdancer and hank
    And I’m with Hank, helplesspancer (fuck what a great screen name), and rustneversleeps. 
    Boston '06
    Mansfield '08
    Hartford '10
    Worcester, Hartford '13
    Global Citizen, NY '15
  • Options
    hihobibohihobibo Tampa, FL Posts: 1,057
    Theoretically could be anybody, but our admin was talking to the Tampa Bay Lightning rep about possibly securing a box for a company event. He said to her that, in addition to Bon Jovi's show that was just announced, there are 2 "A-List" concerts that haven't been announced yet but would be soon that would have boxes available. 
  • Options
    hihobibo said:
    Theoretically could be anybody, but our admin was talking to the Tampa Bay Lightning rep about possibly securing a box for a company event. He said to her that, in addition to Bon Jovi's show that was just announced, there are 2 "A-List" concerts that haven't been announced yet but would be soon that would have boxes available. 
    Could definitely see Florida being added to the list of shows this year.  The 2016 Florida run was awesome (that Miami crowd was top 3 for me) and there’s pretty much a guarantee that the show would happen without restriction based on the guidelines and government in FL.
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    hihobibo said:
    Could definitely see Florida being added to the list of shows this year.  The 2016 Florida run was awesome (that Miami crowd was top 3 for me) and there’s pretty much a guarantee that the show would happen without restriction based on the guidelines and government in FL.
    I can not see there be a  scenario here where they have vaccinated shows in NY lets say and unvaxxed in Florida in the same tour. It would likely be the same all across the board. 
  • Options
    RT85129RT85129 Posts: 179
    Atlanta is in serious, serious need of a tour stop.
  • Options
    JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,931
    RT85129 said:
    Preach it!!!!
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Options
    drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,391
    RT85129 said:
    Scream it towards Seattle!
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,771

It's easier/quicker for cashiers since they don't have to give change. It was my experience that stuff was either whole or half-dollar amounts and tax was figured in.

Now, they can figure tax after the fact, so that beer that used to cost $11.00 may now be $12.19 or whatever.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,158

I find this to be a bit of a bummer.   When I was younger it was super quick to buy merch.  You'd wait in the line, which gave you time to look at what was up, you'd put in your order, hand over the cash and take off.  30 second transaction kind of thing.

Now people want to try stuff on, take their time, and paying with cc adds a minute while the card authorizes.    All of this makes it feel like merch lines move as slow as molasses :(
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    I think if Dimi really knew something, we would know by now. The fact he doesn't is quite telling at this point, but hey, here's to some spicy hints coming soon!! 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,763
    I think if Dimi really knew something, we would know by now. The fact he doesn't is quite telling at this point, but hey, here's to some spicy hints coming soon!! 
    I was just thinking the same thing yesterday. 

But could also mean his source may no longer be involved with the band or something similar. 
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    Mr. FixerMr. Fixer Posts: 586
    Mr. Fixer said:
    I dont have any inside info.  Someone else mentioned that they had a leak from MSG that stated the New York show specifically would be in November.  

Many of us have since predicted that Baltimore will be canceled due to a renovation issue, and that MSG and Canada will be in November, likely surrounding some added East coast dates.

The belief is still that the 2020 Tour and the rest of the shows will start in May, possibly starting on the west coast and working east.  
    Much thanks!
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,919
    I don't see PJ playing it but just the same, Boston Calling is teasing its lineup announcement might come this week. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    JimmyV said:
    I don't see PJ playing it but just the same, Boston Calling is teasing its lineup announcement might come this week. 
    I do not see it happening either but fully expect them to be playing that weekend. Either in Cali or OKC. 

Also with the MSG out of the mix for May with the Nov MSG rumours I am guessing if they are going to add some shows this spring it would be Las Vegas and/or. If they are going up the west coast Seattle and Portland are obvious choices. 

At this point though I am going to guess we just get the 10 arena shows that are not MSG/BAL/CAN this May and maybe Seattle gets the baseball treatment in the summer again along with Fenway, Wrigley and Philly (they were heavily rumoured in 2018 but it fell through it seemed like).
    Post edited by PJNB on
  • Options
    MakeUSmileMakeUSmile NJ Posts: 1,063
    I’m pretty sure I remember hearing that Boston calling (run by MSG Entertainment) wanted PJ to play, but wouldn’t pay them what they wanted to play the festival. Then the Foo fighters were announced as headliner. This was in 2020, which obviously ended up not happening regardless. 
    can you feel this world with your heart and not your brain?
  • Options
    Dimitri stopped posting hints because blogs and websites were using him as a source, and he hated it. If you want to read into anything he made a discussion thread saying hi to everyone. Read into that as you may, I think he just misses the community.

To be honest, I’m more intrigued by Europe. I have tickets to 7 shows and have been planning on a life change around these dates since 2020 (would be taking 2-3 months off). That probably sounds dumb but it’s true. Don’t think I’ll make all 7 but the logistics could be crazy. Also don’t want to purchase travel and stay since I lost a good amount of money in 2020 with cancelations and credits I could never use.

If MSG is November, I don’t see them playing other outdoor venues in October/November…Besides Boston, Chicago and Philly I’d like to see them add the following cities: Atlanta, Kansas City, Vegas, Pitt, Detroit, Houston, New Orleans, Minneapolis, Portland, and something crazy in Maine or Vermont. Atlanta, Houston, and Vegas are loooooooong overdue  
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2
  • Options
    OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,175
    Zod said:

I find this to be a bit of a bummer.   When I was younger it was super quick to buy merch.  You'd wait in the line, which gave you time to look at what was up, you'd put in your order, hand over the cash and take off.  30 second transaction kind of thing.

Now people want to try stuff on, take their time, and paying with cc adds a minute while the card authorizes.    All of this makes it feel like merch lines move as slow as molasses :(
    I loved when they had a cash only line. So much faster.
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • Options
    I think cash should be accepted in these places.  At the start of the pandemic they were saying you could catch Covid from currency but I don’t think that has really been the problem.  Not that I’m an expert or have researched it exactly.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,427
    I know at MetLife stadium here in NJ they don’t take cash and they actually have a reverse atm machine where you can put in cash and get a debit card back if you need it for concessions. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,931
    I've been to several sporting events and concerts over the last year or so and they were all cashless.  
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.