Options

2022 North American rumour thread take 2

Comments

• Options
    mattcozmattcoz Chicago Posts: 2,181
    3days said:
    In 2015 Metallica played Lolla. Another 2015 headliner was McCartney. The year after, the Red Hots and Radiohead headlined.... It's possible that PJ wanted to sell other tickets before being announced as a Lolla headliner.

But yes, Metallica has one of the headliner spots.
    Good point. Well, we'll find out tomorrow.
  • Options
    JbarkerJbarker Alberta Posts: 560
    chiefnjk said:
    DEGBTI said:
    chiefnjk said:
    Wonder if Ohana will hold off on announcing until after the May So-Cal shows?
    i think we will get an announcement first of April. After these tickets sell out. 
    Yeah I think you're right. 
    agree - can easily get through the rest of NA in Oct/Nov even into Dec
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,593
    Apparently I have missed out Vegas GA.  No one here was more patient than me waiting for these rescheduled dates.  No one cares more about this band than me.  I have been a member since the 90’s and figured seniority should guarantee me the tickets I wanted.  What is going on?  Who is dropping the ball here?   Don’t they know how much I have spent on this band!?! This is a travesty of biblical proportions.  This slight against me will not be forgotten by me or even you all, as you all know I deserve these tickets more than you.   

:smile:  These ticket lotteries are fun days!    Can’t wait for Vegas (and Phoenix)!
  • Options
    DEGBTIDEGBTI san diego Posts: 936
    Apparently I have missed out Vegas GA.  No one here was more patient than me waiting for these rescheduled dates.  No one cares more about this band than me.  I have been a member since the 90’s and figured seniority should guarantee me the tickets I wanted.  What is going on?  Who is dropping the ball here?   Don’t they know how much I have spent on this band!?! This is a travesty of biblical proportions.  This slight against me will not be forgotten by me or even you all, as you all know I deserve these tickets more than you.   

:smile:  These ticket lotteries are fun days!    Can’t wait for Vegas (and Phoenix)!
    you had me going for a minute!
  • Options
    I did miss out on Vegas, but luckily a good dude on here has a spare.  
  • Options
    mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,895

Speaking just for myself, I agree about the part in bold.

"I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."
  • Options
    MikeRed22MikeRed22 Posts: 35
    Sorry if this is a dumb question. Are they going to still announce Vegas, Sac, Fresno, etc. throughout the week, even though they announced a bunch today? Should I still anxiously await an email or accept defeat this round and prepare for the battle with ticketmaster Tuesday? Congrats to all who scored! 
  • Options
    If anyone remembered Lolla 2017, the Foo Fighters did not play at the main show, but did an after show mega set at Metro into the wee hours of the morning on Aug 4th.  I could see PJ showing up and doing something like this.  The real gems of Lolla Chicago are the aftershows all across town during the week. 
  • Options
    given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,892
    MikeRed22 said:
    Sorry if this is a dumb question. Are they going to still announce Vegas, Sac, Fresno, etc. throughout the week, even though they announced a bunch today? Should I still anxiously await an email or accept defeat this round and prepare for the battle with ticketmaster Tuesday? Congrats to all who scored! 
    Check your credit card. There’s almost no way you didn’t get Fresno if you entered the 10C lottery. 
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,895
    MikeRed22 said:

I don't know if anyone's gotten a rejection email, yet, but I know that they were sending out e-mails in 2020 letting you know if you *didn't* get tickets. It was usually a little bit after all of the confirmations. If you haven't gotten either one, I wouldn't lose hope yet.
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."
  • Options
    3days3days Posts: 1,152
    No Lolla, but 2 legacy rock acts
  • Options
    AdamJNovakAdamJNovak Posts: 160
    3 legacy rock acts. Metallica, Green Day and Janes Addiction. Dodged a bullet in my opinion. I really didn't want to have to deal with a tween infested Grant Park. Well, I guess there's always Wrigley?
  • Options
    JP218404JP218404 NJ Posts: 1,374

Marquee 91
    Wetlands 91
    CBGB 91
    Roseland 91
    and many, many more
  • Options
    iwasatpj20iwasatpj20 Rockford, IL Posts: 3,346
    I wouldn’t be going to Lollapalooza just to see PJ if they were playing there.
    2000 - Chicago, IL
    2003 - Champaign, IL
    2006 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2007 - Chicago, IL Lollapalooza
    2009 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2010 - St. Louis, MO
    2011 - East Troy, WI 1 & 2 (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2012 - Atlanta, GA, Missoula, MT
    2013 - Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field), Dallas, TX, Oklahoma City, OK
    2014 - St. Louis, MO, Tulsa, OK, Moline, IL (No Code, IL), Saint Paul, MN, Milwaukee, WI (Yield, WI)
    2016 - Greenville, SC (Vs, SC), Raleigh, NC, Columbia, SC, Boston, MA (Fenway Park 1), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)
    2018 - Seattle, WA (Safeco Field 2), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2), Boston, MA (Fenway Park 2)
    2020 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, ??
    2022 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, Las Vegas, NV
    2023 - St. Paul, MN 2, Fort Worth, TX 2, Austin, TX 1, and Austin, TX 2
    2024 - Portland, OR and Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)

2012 - Temple of the Dog East Troy, WI (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2014 - Soundgarden Tinley Park, IL (with Nine Inch Nails)
    2014 - Alice in Chains Davenport, IA
    2016 - Chris Cornell Solo Madison, WI and Peoria, IL (official hometown show)
    2016 - Temple of the Dog San Francisco, CA (both shows)
    2017 - Soundgarden Dallas (cancelled) RIP Chris Cornell
    2018 - Smashing Pumpkins Chicago, IL (first show)
    2019 - Alice in Chains Milwaukee, WI
    2022 - Jerry Cantrell Chicago, IL
    2023 - Jerry Cantrell Milwaukee, WI

RIP Andrew Wood, Kurt Cobain, Layne Staley, and Chris Cornell

RIP Mom (may your star shine the brightest in the sky, our family loves and misses you very much, we'll meet again)

• Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,974
    So with Lolla off the board it does become interesting why Boston, Chicago and Seattle were all skipped. It's possible that they think those markets have been played out but I doubt it. My guess is another big ballpark run is planned for next year. (I don't really see them adding shows in August at this point.) 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    chiefnjkchiefnjk Posts: 302
    UC in October it is then.
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,974
    October shows are more likely than August IMO, but, other than Ohana, I'd still be surprised. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,970
    JimmyV said:
    So with Lolla off the board it does become interesting why Boston, Chicago and Seattle were all skipped. It's possible that they think those markets have been played out but I doubt it. My guess is another big ballpark run is planned for next year. (I don't really see them adding shows in August at this point.) 
    It is weird that they don't play seattle every tour.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    JimmyV said:
    October shows are more likely than August IMO, but, other than Ohana, I'd still be surprised. 
    I would be surprised too based on the fact that they waited so damn long to announce.  For insurance reasons they could be taking it slow and waiting to see how things go.   For all the time they took it was a little silly to see that only four new cities were slotted when other bands were doing completely new tours.  
  • Options
    AdamJNovakAdamJNovak Posts: 160
    I'm thinking a ballpark run in Summer 2023 or an arena run late Winter early Spring. I think the shows they've announced for this year and Ohana will be it for 2022. 
  • Options
    rummyrummy British Columbia, Canada Posts: 4,395
    mcgruff10 said:
    JimmyV said:
    It is weird that they don't play seattle every tour.  
    In terms of PJ concerts I’m really regretting moving from the Toronto area to the Vancouver area. Was really hoping for Seattle ballpark shows this summer. As they say, maybe next year.
  • Options
    mattcozmattcoz Chicago Posts: 2,181
    JP218404 said:

Well, I was wrong about there not being another big rock act, heh. Fingers crossed that Metallica and Royal Blood are on the same day, otherwise I have no idea who any of these other bands are. Anyone have any suggestions for any good ones?
  • Options
    craigraethercraigraether Posts: 1,243
    San Diego coming out- got tickets in the supplemental lottery 
  • Options
    ddeschlerddeschler Posts: 634
    edited March 2022
    My eyes were too old to read that font without enlarging it.  I haven't heard of 90% of those acts.  And I thought I followed the music scene.  Maybe my teenage daughter has heard of them all...this is not for you.
    Post edited by ddeschler on
    I've seen quite a few Pearl Jam shows.
  • Options
    jagerweisjagerweis Los Angeles, CA Posts: 129
    Just got LA1!
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,620
    I hope the ACL lineup is a lot different but I doubt it will be.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,653
    JP218404 said:

Willow and Sam Fender are worth seeing.  Kygo is good.   Wouldn’t go to this unless PJ is playing tho
  • Options
    YourDirtisMyfoodYourDirtisMyfood Boston Posts: 4,526
    mattcoz said:
    JP218404 said:

Well, I was wrong about there not being another big rock act, heh. Fingers crossed that Metallica and Royal Blood are on the same day, otherwise I have no idea who any of these other bands are. Anyone have any suggestions for any good ones?
    I actually want to see Dua live as she has 10-20 hits that you prob heard on the radio and didn't know it was her.  Same with Doja Cat.  Remi Wolf is decent, too.
  • Options
    YourDirtisMyfoodYourDirtisMyfood Boston Posts: 4,526
    Glass Animals are the new MMJ in terms of the "new thing" with the young kids, too.
  • Options
    Man.of.Golden.WordsMan.of.Golden.Words Toronto, ON Posts: 131
    mattcoz said:
    JP218404 said:

I actually want to see Dua live as she has 10-20 hits that you prob heard on the radio and didn't know it was her.  Same with Doja Cat.  Remi Wolf is decent, too.
    Caught Dua Lipa last month, really fun show.
    Toronto 2003, Hamilton 2005, Toronto 2005, Toronto 1&2 2006, Toronto 2009, Cleveland 2010, Buffalo 2010, Toronto 1&2 2011, Hamilton 2011, Buffalo 2013, Detroit 2014, Moline 2014, St. Paul 2014, Milwaukee 2014, New York City 2015, New York City 1&2 2016, Quebec City 2016, Ottawa 2016, Toronto 1&2 2016, Prague 2018, Krakow 2018, Berlin 2018, Barcelona 2018, Madrid 2018, Chicago 1&2 2018, Los Angeles 1&2 2022, Quebec City 2022, Ottawa 2022, Hamilton 2022, Toronto 2022