Options

2022 North American rumour thread take 2

Comments

• Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,377
    JBob87 said:
    Probably not going to be able to make the Phoenix show unfortunately. Got great seats through 10C.

Was thinking I should sell via fan 2 fan when it opens, rather than asking for a refund today. Logic being that I will ensure that these seats go to someone at true face value rather than back into the TM black box to be obscenely marked up as "Premium" tickets. 

Is this a sound plan? Or am I missing something where I will get burned for my altruism  :D
    I would just want to get my money back and not sweat the rest. If they're good seats they'll probably get snapped up quick in f2f but who knows. 
  • Options
    AdamJNovakAdamJNovak Posts: 160
    So who’s thinking they’re playing Lollapalooza in Chicago? Lineup announces tomorrow and pure speculation, mr T surt just liked Lolla’s latest Instagram post about a PayPal promotion. He’s usually pretty silent on socials unless something has to do with one of the bands he does the merch for.
  • Options
    chukdotcomchukdotcom Posts: 644
    JBob87 said:
    Probably not going to be able to make the Phoenix show unfortunately. Got great seats through 10C.

Was thinking I should sell via fan 2 fan when it opens, rather than asking for a refund today. Logic being that I will ensure that these seats go to someone at true face value rather than back into the TM black box to be obscenely marked up as "Premium" tickets. 

Is this a sound plan? Or am I missing something where I will get burned for my altruism  :D
    You won't get burnt. I'll buy them.
  • Options
    given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,892
    So who’s thinking they’re playing Lollapalooza in Chicago? Lineup announces tomorrow and pure speculation, mr T surt just liked Lolla’s latest Instagram post about a PayPal promotion. He’s usually pretty silent on socials unless something has to do with one of the bands he does the merch for.
    Faaaahhhhhkkkkk

Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    helplessdancerhelplessdancer Posts: 5,262
    hopes were dashed when i saw the recent prices for plane tickets. and maybe that's a good thing
  • Options
    elvistheking44elvistheking44 Posts: 4,284
    Hope so! Purely selfish reasons but I would love a lolla show as I’ve stated before.
  • Options
    3days3days Posts: 1,152
    I'm starting to think it's more and more likely. I doubt that ballpark shows will happen this year because the rumors/timing make no sense. However, It seems odd that they would skip Chicago all together. The same could be said for Boston, but it seems more plausible that they would play NYC and New Jersey this year, and Fenway next year. 
  • Options
    AdamJNovakAdamJNovak Posts: 160
    Man, I really don't want to go to Lollapalooza in 2022... 
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,024
    Maybe they do Lola but the dates being 3 to 6 days after Europe is pretty tight especially if they need to make up any euro shows like 2018.
  • Options
    tylermooretylermoore St. Joseph, MI Posts: 903
    Been saying this for a bit! It makes even more sense at this point. 
    Apparently Metallica are playing too. The way Lolla has been, would be kind of surprised to see two huge rock acts in the lineup 
  • Options
    RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,444
    They’re doing 2 Lolla in Europe so maybe there are 3 in the contract.  Who knows.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    Skip it. Do St Louis, and/or wait for a different Chicago scenario. The only thing that would get me to Lolla is multiple acts that I'd like to see, playing the same day as PJ. In 2022, I doubt that would be the case. 
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,994
    I just assume every festival announcement will be the Foo Fighters.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    JimmyV said:
    Ha! Truth. Foos are everywhere, all the time. 
  • Options
    RyanRyan Posts: 1,040
    3days said:
    JimmyV said:
    Playing the same setlist over and over that they’ve been doing since 2015 🥱
    2003 - June 15 Fargo
    2005 - Sept 1 George, Sept 8 Winnipeg
    2006 - May 9/10 Toronto, June 26/27 St. Paul, July 22/23 George, Oct 21/22 Mountain View
    2007 - Aug 2/5 Chicago
    2008 - June 22 Washington, June 24/25 New York
    2009 - Aug 21 Toronto, Aug 23/24 Chicago, Sept 21/22 Seattle, Oct 27/28/30/31 Philadelphia
    2010 - May 15 Hartford, May 17 Boston, Oct 23/24 Mountain View
    2011 - Sept 3/4 Alpine Valley, Sept 11/12 Toronto, Sept 17 Winnipeg, Sept 19 Saskatoon
    2012 - Sept 30 Missoula
    2013 - July 16 London, July 19 Chicago, Oct 12 Buffalo, Dec 2 Calgary, Dec 4 Vancouver, Dec 6 Seattle
    2014 - Oct 16 Detroit, Oct 19 St. Paul, Oct 20 Milwaukee
    2015 - Sept 23 (Colbert)/Sept 26, New York
    2016 - Apr 28/29 Philadelphia, May 10/12 Toronto, Aug 20/22 Chicago
  • Options
    drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,415
    edited March 2022
    Wrong thread
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Options
    tylermooretylermoore St. Joseph, MI Posts: 903
    Ryan said:
    3days said:
    JimmyV said:
    Playing the same setlist over and over that they’ve been doing since 2015 🥱
    Love the Foos but this is the truth. Same jokes in between songs and everything. It’s weird 
  • Options
    given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,892
    Hopefully it’s The Pixies or Blink 182 (other bands he does a lot of merch for) and not PJ. 
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    craigraethercraigraether Posts: 1,248
    According to Facebook, confirmations are coming in for Fresno Show ! 
  • Options
    tschavtschav Posts: 2,800
    Hopefully it’s The Pixies or Blink 182 (other bands he does a lot of merch for) and not PJ. 
    Blink seems like they could show up. Pixies likely doing Riot Fest as a makeup from dropping last year. 

I’m not sure if I’m prepping more for the disappointment of losing on lottery tickets or the Lolla lineup including PJ.
  • Options
    craigraethercraigraether Posts: 1,248
    Got tickets for Sacramento, First Choice, GA or Seats.. 
  • Options
    mattcozmattcoz Chicago Posts: 2,181
    edited March 2022
    It's not the best scenario, but I certainly wouldn't pass it up. Better than no Chicago show at all. I live in the city though, so I can just hop on a Divvy bike and get to the festival.
    Edit: Metallica was confirmed from the little game they put out. That would be their big rock act of the weekend, so very unlikely they would have Pearl Jam too.

Post edited by mattcoz on
  • Options
    mattcoz said:
    It's not the best scenario, but I certainly wouldn't pass it up. Better than no Chicago show at all. I live in the city though, so I can just hop on a Divvy bike and get to the festival.
    Edit: Metallica was confirmed from the little game they put out. That would be their big rock act of the weekend, so very unlikely they would have Pearl Jam too.

You may be right, but one of the Lollas (Brazil?) has Foo Fighters and The Strokes as headliners. 
  • Options
    mattcozmattcoz Chicago Posts: 2,181
    3days said:
    mattcoz said:

You may be right, but one of the Lollas (Brazil?) has Foo Fighters and The Strokes as headliners. 
    Ok, so maybe it's still possible, but less likely than before Metallica was confirmed.
  • Options
    chiefnjkchiefnjk Posts: 302
    Wonder if Ohana will hold off on announcing until after the May So-Cal shows?
  • Options
    In 2015 Metallica played Lolla. Another 2015 headliner was McCartney. The year after, the Red Hots and Radiohead headlined.... It's possible that PJ wanted to sell other tickets before being announced as a Lolla headliner.

But yes, Metallica has one of the headliner spots.
  • Options
    JbarkerJbarker Alberta Posts: 560
    if memory serves, the 2020 NA tour stops were loosely focused around an election red/blue impact - and there was a clamoring that a second leg would be announced down road for the rest of NA... is this still a seemingly valid rumour...?
  • Options
    Jbarker said:
    if memory serves, the 2020 NA tour stops were loosely focused around an election red/blue impact - and there was a clamoring that a second leg would be announced down road for the rest of NA... is this still a seemingly valid rumour...?
    It seemed to revolve around the 2020 election. I would love for them to play Madison and Milwaukee, so I hope that hasn't been put to bed. Midterms don't usually get the treatment that Pres elections do.
  • Options
    DEGBTIDEGBTI san diego Posts: 936
    chiefnjk said:
    i think we will get an announcement first of April. After these tickets sell out. 
  • Options
    chiefnjkchiefnjk Posts: 302
    DEGBTI said:
    chiefnjk said:
    i think we will get an announcement first of April. After these tickets sell out. 
    Yeah I think you're right.