Options

2022 North American rumour thread take 2

Comments

• Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,994
    The trick for enjoying a show at Fenway is often to abandon your seats. Walk around. Find some standing room in a better spot. We had four 10c tickets split between two couples for night 1 in 2018 but ended up watching from upstairs next to the press box. One of my best times at a concert. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,545
    on2legs said:
    mpedone said:
    mpedone said:
    mpedone said:
    mpedone said:
    Hi all, obviously it’s pretty impossible to determine the chances, but between Hamilton and Toronto which show would you think I would have a higher chance of landing tickets for? I recently put in my 10c requests. I really don’t care where I sit, I just want to be in the building for my first Pearl Jam concert. Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks! 

My gut says that many fans who were going to travel to Hamilton originally are going to have to pass, as it is right after Labor Day and schools are starting up. That said, It is also now right before Toronto, instead of 6 days after, so folks who are traveling to Toronto anyway are going to try to scoop up some Hamilton tickets, so I think both are going to be tough.
    I'm one of those. We have Toronto 10c, decided we might as well add Hamilton. Hoping for luck in the drawing, both my husband and I put in for it.

Same here, though my partner let her membership lapse last year - she almost re-upped the week before the announcement (she got one of the "your membership has lapsed" emails), but decided against it. If we get tickets, yay, if not, we'll either spend an extra night in Toronto, or shift our trip slightly and save a bit of money. I learned from the 2020 lottery to not get my hopes up, and that was all new shows.
    My husband has let his membership lapse twice, I think he's in the upper 400's maybe low 500's now :( So, he usually puts in for GA, I'll do reserved and GA. Both of us put in for Toronto, MSG, Baltimore & STL in 2020 and he was totally shut out, I only got Toronto.

We had much better luck in 2018, we both put in for GA for Seattle, I won night 1, he won night 2. That was the only time that we won diiferent nights in a city, usually we end up doubled up (Leeds & Philly that happened)

Our daughter has let her membership lapse at least twice as well (I think she's in low 600's now). We renewed for her just before deadline of 2020 draw and she won MSG. They're uppers, but out of all of us, she is the only one who got MSG tix.

I will probably never stop regretting letting my membership lapse back in 2006. Reupped 10 years later with a 540xxx number. Partner joined later that same year, is in the low 600s. She's never actually put in for tickets. We thought about it for Fenway 2018, but the nontransferable tickets made us think twice (and, as it turned out, those were rather easy lotteries). Had we known how quick the shows I entered for in 2020 would sell on the F2F, we surely would have doubled up, but I got 2 of 4 and have a job that allowed me to troll the F2F enough to get tickets to the other shows.
    It's weird, my husband was adamant that he had no interest in going to Fenway again in 2018, so we only entered for Seattle. As we were standing on the field waiting for them to take the stage, he turned to me and said "You know we're going to Fenway, too, right?" 😂

So, I made magic happen. Picked up night 1 Fenway in a drop, and found someone selling tix for night 2. I can't recall specifics, but I believe it came down to logging in to their TM account and adding tix to my wallet - obviously they were friends of friends that were trusted) I actually ended up upgrading night 2 tix and sold the other pair to a friend who had been shut out. With fan2fan, it's much easier now. You cannot sell / transfer directly to friends, but at least you know you can get your money back. Husband and I both won Krakow in 2018, family emergency prevented us from going. We were out over $400. Would have loved to have been able to sell to another 10clubber, but was not possible at the time. 

That Seattle/Fenway story is eerily similar to what happened to us in 2016. We'd not been going to shows at all. We'd tried to get tickets to Worcester 2013, but money was too tight. When they announced the 2016 tour, we were in a better place, but we were a little bummed that there was nothing in the northeast, except for the rumored Fenway shows, which neither of us were thrilled about. Neither of us are fans of the seats at Fenway, so we were willing to pass on that. Luckily, we were going to be in the Tampa area when they played there, so we fought through the TicketMaster sale to get nosebleed seats. I figured it would be something to check off the bucket list, as she'd never been to a PJ show, and then we'd get back to our lives.

Pretty much during the first song, I knew that we'd be buying tickets to Fenway and that I'd need to re-join the 10 Club. Even then, we were only going to go to Night 2, as the shows were Friday/Sunday. Through the club, I got tickets to the House of Blues watch party, so I was even more sure that we weren't going to Night 1. She called me at work on August 5th - "I bought tickets for tonight". We sat at field level, next to the third base dugout. Terrible seats for a show, but it was awesome.

It took a lot of willpower on our parts not to hit up all of the Home x Away shows in 2018.

I will say, having bought tickets through TicketMaster and StubHub to these shows, I much prefer F5ing the Ticket Exchange for face value tickets than dropping 3-4x face value and get seats like this:

I won Yankee/Red Sox tickets one year from the Boston Globe.  When we got there we were less than thrilled to see the seats were right behind one of those poles.  I could either see the pitcher or the batter depending on which way I leaned.  But not both at the same time.  I think they knew I was a Yankee fan. 
    Serves you right.  :p
    I know 😂

mpedone said:
    on2legs said:
    mpedone said:
    mpedone said:
    mpedone said:
    mpedone said:
    Hi all, obviously it’s pretty impossible to determine the chances, but between Hamilton and Toronto which show would you think I would have a higher chance of landing tickets for? I recently put in my 10c requests. I really don’t care where I sit, I just want to be in the building for my first Pearl Jam concert. Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks! 

My gut says that many fans who were going to travel to Hamilton originally are going to have to pass, as it is right after Labor Day and schools are starting up. That said, It is also now right before Toronto, instead of 6 days after, so folks who are traveling to Toronto anyway are going to try to scoop up some Hamilton tickets, so I think both are going to be tough.
    I'm one of those. We have Toronto 10c, decided we might as well add Hamilton. Hoping for luck in the drawing, both my husband and I put in for it.

Same here, though my partner let her membership lapse last year - she almost re-upped the week before the announcement (she got one of the "your membership has lapsed" emails), but decided against it. If we get tickets, yay, if not, we'll either spend an extra night in Toronto, or shift our trip slightly and save a bit of money. I learned from the 2020 lottery to not get my hopes up, and that was all new shows.
    My husband has let his membership lapse twice, I think he's in the upper 400's maybe low 500's now :( So, he usually puts in for GA, I'll do reserved and GA. Both of us put in for Toronto, MSG, Baltimore & STL in 2020 and he was totally shut out, I only got Toronto.

We had much better luck in 2018, we both put in for GA for Seattle, I won night 1, he won night 2. That was the only time that we won diiferent nights in a city, usually we end up doubled up (Leeds & Philly that happened)

Our daughter has let her membership lapse at least twice as well (I think she's in low 600's now). We renewed for her just before deadline of 2020 draw and she won MSG. They're uppers, but out of all of us, she is the only one who got MSG tix.

I will probably never stop regretting letting my membership lapse back in 2006. Reupped 10 years later with a 540xxx number. Partner joined later that same year, is in the low 600s. She's never actually put in for tickets. We thought about it for Fenway 2018, but the nontransferable tickets made us think twice (and, as it turned out, those were rather easy lotteries). Had we known how quick the shows I entered for in 2020 would sell on the F2F, we surely would have doubled up, but I got 2 of 4 and have a job that allowed me to troll the F2F enough to get tickets to the other shows.
    It's weird, my husband was adamant that he had no interest in going to Fenway again in 2018, so we only entered for Seattle. As we were standing on the field waiting for them to take the stage, he turned to me and said "You know we're going to Fenway, too, right?" 😂

So, I made magic happen. Picked up night 1 Fenway in a drop, and found someone selling tix for night 2. I can't recall specifics, but I believe it came down to logging in to their TM account and adding tix to my wallet - obviously they were friends of friends that were trusted) I actually ended up upgrading night 2 tix and sold the other pair to a friend who had been shut out. With fan2fan, it's much easier now. You cannot sell / transfer directly to friends, but at least you know you can get your money back. Husband and I both won Krakow in 2018, family emergency prevented us from going. We were out over $400. Would have loved to have been able to sell to another 10clubber, but was not possible at the time. 

That Seattle/Fenway story is eerily similar to what happened to us in 2016. We'd not been going to shows at all. We'd tried to get tickets to Worcester 2013, but money was too tight. When they announced the 2016 tour, we were in a better place, but we were a little bummed that there was nothing in the northeast, except for the rumored Fenway shows, which neither of us were thrilled about. Neither of us are fans of the seats at Fenway, so we were willing to pass on that. Luckily, we were going to be in the Tampa area when they played there, so we fought through the TicketMaster sale to get nosebleed seats. I figured it would be something to check off the bucket list, as she'd never been to a PJ show, and then we'd get back to our lives.

Pretty much during the first song, I knew that we'd be buying tickets to Fenway and that I'd need to re-join the 10 Club. Even then, we were only going to go to Night 2, as the shows were Friday/Sunday. Through the club, I got tickets to the House of Blues watch party, so I was even more sure that we weren't going to Night 1. She called me at work on August 5th - "I bought tickets for tonight". We sat at field level, next to the third base dugout. Terrible seats for a show, but it was awesome.

It took a lot of willpower on our parts not to hit up all of the Home x Away shows in 2018.

I will say, having bought tickets through TicketMaster and StubHub to these shows, I much prefer F5ing the Ticket Exchange for face value tickets than dropping 3-4x face value and get seats like this:

I won Yankee/Red Sox tickets one year from the Boston Globe.  When we got there we were less than thrilled to see the seats were right behind one of those poles.  I could either see the pitcher or the batter depending on which way I leaned.  But not both at the same time.  I think they knew I was a Yankee fan. 

I mean, take a look at that picture. Other than the post, those seats are a GREAT viewing angle for a concert. Think about watching a baseball game from those seat - you'd be staring at center field! I mean, it's a little better than one section to the right, where you're staring at the right field bleachers. As a life-long Sox fan, I love Fenway to some degree, but I never want to go to another event there, baseball or concert (or hockey game, which - spoiler alert - also sucked).
    I really liked Fenway despite the obstructed view. It’s a cool historic ballpark.  It’s kind of a trade off for the charm and the nostalgia.  I just had no idea that there was a chance a pole would be right in front of my seat so if I went back I would just make sure I avoided those seats.  My experience on the field for Pearl Jam in 2016 however was awesome. I’d go back in a heartbeat. 😁
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,896
    on2legs said:
    on2legs said:
    mpedone said:
    mpedone said:
    mpedone said:
    mpedone said:

Serves you right.  :p
    I know 😂

mpedone said:
    on2legs said:
    mpedone said:
    mpedone said:
    mpedone said:
    mpedone said:

I mean, take a look at that picture. Other than the post, those seats are a GREAT viewing angle for a concert. Think about watching a baseball game from those seat - you'd be staring at center field! I mean, it's a little better than one section to the right, where you're staring at the right field bleachers. As a life-long Sox fan, I love Fenway to some degree, but I never want to go to another event there, baseball or concert (or hockey game, which - spoiler alert - also sucked).
    I really liked Fenway despite the obstructed view. It’s a cool historic ballpark.  It’s kind of a trade off for the charm and the nostalgia.  I just had no idea that there was a chance a pole would be right in front of my seat so if I went back I would just make sure I avoided those seats.  My experience on the field for Pearl Jam in 2016 however was awesome. I’d go back in a heartbeat. 😁
    I do like the park's history/charm. I'd just rather experience it on a tour. Had field seats in 2018 for night 2, and it was amazing to walk out onto the field, and cool to be 2nd row, but that's never happening again. Next time they play there I'll be in seats similar to my 2016 ones, though most likely without a pole. I am considerably lighter than I was in 2018, so maybe I'll fit in the seats a bit better next time...

"I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."
  • Options
    RF283499RF283499 Posts: 141
    I have Toronto and Hamilton 10 club tickets. I can't make the Toronto date and I am trying to ticketmaster to get a refund. So other club members can get a chance at these decent seats.

What am I missing on TM. I can go to the page on my TM account, pull up the page with the tickets. I do not see a refund button. 

Any help appreciated. 
  • Options
    RF283499 said:
    I have Toronto and Hamilton 10 club tickets. I can't make the Toronto date and I am trying to ticketmaster to get a refund. So other club members can get a chance at these decent seats.

What am I missing on TM. I can go to the page on my TM account, pull up the page with the tickets. I do not see a refund button. 

Any help appreciated. 

You should have gotten an email from "tenclubsupport@ticketstoday.com" titled "RESCHEDULED - Pearl Jam at Scotiabank Arena" with details on how to request a refund (it involves replying to that email).
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22

• Options
    mpedone said:
    RF283499 said:

Any help appreciated. 

You should have gotten an email from "tenclubsupport@ticketstoday.com" titled "RESCHEDULED - Pearl Jam at Scotiabank Arena" with details on how to request a refund (it involves replying to that email).
    I did, I followed the instructions and the link. I get to the page with the tickets and I don't see what to do next. There are two greyed out buttons "transfer tickets" and "sell tickets". No refund button or mention of refund. 
  • Options
    RF283499 said:
    mpedone said:
    RF283499 said:

Any help appreciated. 

I did, I followed the instructions and the link. I get to the page with the tickets and I don't see what to do next. There are two greyed out buttons "transfer tickets" and "sell tickets". No refund button or mention of refund. 

My email says this:
    "Request a Refund
    Any tickets you request a refund for will automatically be voided and no longer valid for entry.

Step 1: Before You Request a Refund
    Confirm all tickets you are seeking a refund for are in your Ticketmaster account.

Step 2: Submit a Refund Request
    Please reply to this email requesting a refund by March 21, 2022 and we'll refund the full order amount, including fees, to the payment method used at the time of purchase. Your refund should be posted to your account within 30 days."

If you don't have any of that, I would send an email to tenclubsupport@ticketstoday.com and ask. Probably include your Ten Club receipt # and Ticketmaster Order #.

• Options
    Thank you. Didn't notice they wanted an email. 
  • Options
    chukdotcomchukdotcom Posts: 644
    I am following the directions and clicking the "get-tickets" link. It just brings me to the tenclub page. I login and it brings me back to the page logged in. I can't get to the part where I actually request tickets. Any ideas?
  • Options
    I am following the directions and clicking the "get-tickets" link. It just brings me to the tenclub page. I login and it brings me back to the page logged in. I can't get to the part where I actually request tickets. Any ideas?

Move on to Step 2. Click the link for US, Canada, or French.

• Options
    You need to click the link under that get-tickets link. Options are US, Canada, or French.

This is the US link https://tenclub-us.shop.ticketstoday.com/Splash.aspx
    2003 Spectrum, Camden 2, Holmdel 2004 Reading, PA 2005 Philly 2006 Hartford, Camden 1&2, E. Rutherford 1&2 2008 Camden 1&2, MSG 1&2  2009 Spectrum 1,2,3,4  2010 Hartford, Newark, MSG 1&2 2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Brooklyn 1&2, Philly 1&2,  Baltimore 2014 Leeds, Cincinnati  2015 GCF  2016 Sunrise, Miami, Hampton, Philly 1&2, MSG 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2017 RHoF Induction 2018 Seattle 1&2 Fenway 1&2 2021 Sea Hear Now 2022 Hamilton, Toronto, MSG, Camden 2023 Indy

• Options
    chukdotcomchukdotcom Posts: 644
    mpedone said:

Duh...thanks!
  • Options
    mpedone said:

Duh...thanks!

Don't worry about it - it's confusing. I didn't realize Step 1 was just to get you to log in until yesterday. I'd just thought the link was broken, but no, it's working as intended.

• Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,537
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    igotid88 said:
    Nice find!
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    SaravaSarava Naperville, IL Posts: 2,011
    It looks like they don't give odds anymore, and this draw probably more than ever could use them with some shows only having returned tickets available. Do we have any idea for instance, how many tickets are available for Nashville? I'm getting a feeling almost all of us will miss out. What do you guys think?
  • Options
    Sarava said:
    It looks like they don't give odds anymore, and this draw probably more than ever could use them with some shows only having returned tickets available. Do we have any idea for instance, how many tickets are available for Nashville? I'm getting a feeling almost all of us will miss out. What do you guys think?
    I think for shows like Nashville, MSG or Saint Louis the odds are extremely low.  Especially considering how many people missed out on those shows when the whole arena was available the first time around. 

But it doesn’t hurt to still put in. Someone is going to win even if it won’t be that many people. 

• Options
    mattcozmattcoz Chicago Posts: 2,181
    igotid88 said:

Can't wait to get in line for my Pearl Jam branded cat.
  • Options
    Cat collars… coming soon!

• Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,351
    mattcoz said:
    igotid88 said:

Can't wait to get in line for my Pearl Jam branded cat.
    That's 4 eyed Pearl Jam branded cat.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    aisleseatsaisleseats Posts: 1,258
    on2legs said:
    Sarava said:
    I think for shows like Nashville, MSG or Saint Louis the odds are extremely low.  Especially considering how many people missed out on those shows when the whole arena was available the first time around. 

But it doesn’t hurt to still put in. Someone is going to win even if it won’t be that many people. 
    Plus,  a good chunk of those that were refunded are now going to go to their "premium" pool. So even less of us are going to get tickets than we think.
  • Options
    Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,552
    on2legs said:
    I am prepared to be gutted when I end up on the lawn at Camden. 
    I prepare to be gutted anytime I visit Camden.
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • Options
    MakeUSmileMakeUSmile NJ Posts: 1,069
    Vedd Hedd said:
    on2legs said:
    🤣😂
    can you feel this world with your heart and not your brain?
  • Options
    Vedd Hedd said:
    on2legs said:
    Post of the year!!! 
    2003 Spectrum, Camden 2, Holmdel 2004 Reading, PA 2005 Philly 2006 Hartford, Camden 1&2, E. Rutherford 1&2 2008 Camden 1&2, MSG 1&2  2009 Spectrum 1,2,3,4  2010 Hartford, Newark, MSG 1&2 2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Brooklyn 1&2, Philly 1&2,  Baltimore 2014 Leeds, Cincinnati  2015 GCF  2016 Sunrise, Miami, Hampton, Philly 1&2, MSG 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2017 RHoF Induction 2018 Seattle 1&2 Fenway 1&2 2021 Sea Hear Now 2022 Hamilton, Toronto, MSG, Camden 2023 Indy

• Options
    on2legs said:
    Cat collars… coming soon!
    Still kind of regretting not buying the dog collars for my pups...

• Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,921
    Vedd Hedd said:
    on2legs said:
    Incredible 
  • Options
    blairs1blairs1 Ontario, Canada Posts: 180
    ...and just like that, the 10C ticket window has closed.
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 10,177
    Good luck, everyone!!!
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 28,019
    So I m guessing msg and Camden will be revealed around Thursday.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,377
    Vedd Hedd said:
    on2legs said:
    It's like watching Bonds turn on a hanging curve