Options

2022 North American rumour thread take 2

Comments

• Options
    AdamJNovakAdamJNovak Posts: 160
    Turnstile is great! I like Charli XCX too but she’s probably way too poppy for this forum.
  • Options
    JP218404JP218404 NJ Posts: 1,374
    Turnstile is great! I like Charli XCX too but she’s probably way too poppy for this forum.
    Turnstile rules!!!  
    Marquee 91
    Wetlands 91
    CBGB 91
    Roseland 91
    and many, many more
  • Options
    hihobibohihobibo Tampa, FL Posts: 1,063
    mattcoz said:
    JP218404 said:

Well, I was wrong about there not being another big rock act, heh. Fingers crossed that Metallica and Royal Blood are on the same day, otherwise I have no idea who any of these other bands are. Anyone have any suggestions for any good ones?
    Dashboard Confessional has some good songs. 

GATA is on the FX show Dave (Little Dicky's show), and he's good on there. He's a rap artist. 

The Kid Laroi was on SNL with Miley Cyress, he has that song Without You. 
    Maneskin was also recently on SNL, they sing "Beggin you-uuuuu".
  • Options
    RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,382
    hihobibo said:
    Hahahaha awesome. I have no idea who these bands are but I know this one.
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,653
    I guess ACL is still a possibility but the lineups don’t come out until May usually right?
  • Options
    mattcozmattcoz Chicago Posts: 2,181
    mattcoz said:
    JP218404 said:

Well, I was wrong about there not being another big rock act, heh. Fingers crossed that Metallica and Royal Blood are on the same day, otherwise I have no idea who any of these other bands are. Anyone have any suggestions for any good ones?
    I actually want to see Dua live as she has 10-20 hits that you prob heard on the radio and didn't know it was her.  Same with Doja Cat.  Remi Wolf is decent, too.
    Well, I don't listen to the radio, and if I did it wouldn't be a station that played her, so probably not, heh.
    Glass Animals are the new MMJ in terms of the "new thing" with the young kids, too.
    Oh man, I feel like I'm getting too old for the "new thing with the young kids". I'll be the one at Lolla yelling at everyone to get off my lawn.
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,235
    mattcoz said:
    JP218404 said:

Turnstile, Low Cut Connie and then I don't know what else to tell ya
  • Options
    aisleseatsaisleseats Posts: 1,221
    mattcoz said:
    JP218404 said:

Green Day, Billy Strings, Royal Blood and Manchester Orchestra are the only worthwhile artists on that lineup to me....but not worthwhile enough to get me to endure that clusterfuck.  :D
  • Options
    Hi!Hi! Posts: 3,095
    Idles

Detroit 2000, Detroit 2003 1-2, Grand Rapids VFC 2004, Philly 2005, Grand Rapids 2006, Detroit 2006, Cleveland 2006, Lollapalooza 2007, Detroit Eddie Solo 2011, Detroit 2014, Chicago 2016 1-2, Chicago 2018 1-2, Ohana Encore 2021 1-2, Chicago Eddie/Earthlings 2022 1-2, Nashville 2022, St. Louis 2022

• Options
    edited March 2022
    hihobibo said:
    mattcoz said:
    JP218404 said:

Yeah, that's one I'll want to check out. Any band that can cover The Four Seasons. I like the sound of their original songs, just don't understand what they're singing since I don't speak Italian, heh.

Post edited by mattcoz on
  • Options
    JP218404 said:
    Turnstile rules!!!  
    They sound good too, thanks for the suggestions.
  • Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,551
    Buffalo Nichols is on the list. We saw him when he opened up for the Drive By Truckers. He is really good! If you go to the festival make sure to check him out. 
  • Options
    CarryTheZeroCarryTheZero Posts: 2,243
    Buffalo Nichols is on the list. We saw him when he opened up for the Drive By Truckers. He is really good! If you go to the festival make sure to check him out. 
    Second this! Saw him as well with DBT. He is great and his new album is solid.
  • Options
    tylermooretylermoore St. Joseph, MI Posts: 889
    Turnstile is a band that is INSANE live. If they play the same day as Metallica, I’ll pretty much go just for Turnstile. Such a great band 
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,974
    There are a bunch of festivals now looking for a replacement headliner, but how about Peak To Sky? 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    3days3days Posts: 1,152
    I'm still wondering about November/December. Any good rumors?
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,970
    Any summer stadium rumors?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    I feel like festival slots no longer filled by the Foo might be the best bet, especially Peak To Sky, and maybe Ohana. Beyond that I really doubt anymore shows are coming. 
    Post edited by JimmyV on

• Options
    3days said:
    I'm still wondering about November/December. Any good rumors?
    Besides Ohana Fest. It’s seems like what’s been announced is it for this year. I think next summer we’ll see some baseball stadium shows and probably a legit east coast tour. 
    "If you're like me, then you know me"

2006: Camden 1
    2008: Washington DC
    2009: Philly 1, Philly 2, Philly 3, Philly 4
    2013: Philly 1, Philly 2, Baltimore
    2016: Philly 1, Philly 2,
    2017: Temple of The Dog Philly 2
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,970
    I think we need more shows in Cali.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,593
    mcgruff10 said:
    I think we need more shows in Cali.  
    You wish it, Ohana probably will grant it.
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    edited March 2022
    hihobibo said:
    mattcoz said:
    JP218404 said:

Dashboard Confessional has some good songs. 

GATA is on the FX show Dave (Little Dicky's show), and he's good on there. He's a rap artist. 

The Kid Laroi was on SNL with Miley Cyress, he has that song Without You. 
    He’s really the heart of the show. The meta acknowledgment of that during last season was incredibly moving, I thought. He’s a helluva actor. 

I’d check out his set if I were going, for sure. Much respect. Much support. Much talent. 
    Post edited by dankind on
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,653
    Hard to believe they don’t play New Orleans or Houston more.  Not sure how OKC keeps making the cut over them. 
  • Options
    ddeschlerddeschler Posts: 634
    Prob avoiding TX and FL for the foreseeable future, due to some questionable state laws.
    I've seen quite a few Pearl Jam shows.
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,620
    ddeschler said:
    Prob avoiding TX and FL for the foreseeable future, due to some questionable state laws.
    You think Tennessee and Oklahoma are different?
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    Worthy reason and I respect it, but skipping states can be a slippery slope. 

• Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Hey, who wants to go see Imagine Dragons at Fenway Park on August 20? :lol:
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,620
    JimmyV said:
    If it was the reason I assume they would actually mention it.  Every city they would play here in Texas is blue.  Seems odd to punish people that are here trying to make things better.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    ComeToTX said:
    JimmyV said:
    If it was the reason I assume they would actually mention it.  Every city they would play here in Texas is blue.  Seems odd to punish people that are here trying to make things better.
    I don't think it's the reason, not really. That's what I mean about it being a slippery slope. The list of states that might feel the need to skip would be long. 

I do get that my post was not at all clear - happens to me quite often before coffee. 

• Options
    patkelly12patkelly12 CT Posts: 349
    Perhaps they could skip states that allow the resale of tickets like NY? Or does that virtue signaling not part of evolving.