2022 North American rumour thread take 2

Comments

• mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,941
    I was super excited for the Toronto show, as it was to be the first PJ show in about a year and a half, first show of the tour, first show supporting a brand new album. When the postponement was announced, I was hopeful that they'd keep a similar schedule, and I'd at least get to see one of the first shows back. I'll still be excited to finally get to a show, but still...

The way the rumors are building, I'm going to have to go to Fenway to see them. Yeah, special shows, but my seats will suck (both the sight lines and the physical seat itself). At least we can get great BBQ before the shows.
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22 | Baltimore 09.12.24 | Fenway 1 09.15.24 | Fenway 2 09.17.24

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."
  • Today????
    It looks like They Might Be Giants were supposed to play a bunch of dates this spring (March and April?) and have pushed them back to the summer.
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22 | Baltimore 09.12.24 | Fenway 1 09.15.24 | Fenway 2 09.17.24

• tschavtschav Posts: 2,830
    edited February 2022
    fsu2626 said:
    I can’t be the only one thinking that this is someone confusing Eddie and the earthlings for Pearl Jam. These rumors are probably early talks for Eddie and the earthlings round 2. Maybe I’m wrong, but I don’t see Pearl Jam playing a venue that size when T mobile is right there. 
    Seems like they could, in theory, pick up a short EV residency if there are no US shows until after Europe. 
    Doing a little math, Chad's available until June before RHCP, and Glen's got a month in April between tours. Only thing limiting a long residency is Lady Gaga's shows from mid-April into May.

The venue's similarly sized to some of the places The Earthlings have played, and have hosted other rock acts. Not traveling (or limited traveling) could be theoretically safer from covid postponements.

I can't see Pearl Jam as a whole playing there though, too small a venue and they got way too many other dates committed to pencil in a date or two (even if they were warmup shows).
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,119
    JimmyV said:
    JimmyV said:
    The Black Crowes are teasing a tour announcement for tomorrow. Yet another band that played their postponed tour and has moved on to the next one. 
    I saw this on FB and read some comments - some are speculating it's going to be a new album announcement - something about a 1972 Covers album.  I guess they played some stuff in Vegas and mentioned it being from a new cover album.  
    Interesting. Could be that. I saw announcement and assumed tour because that's where my brain is these days. 
    It was a tour.

https://www.jambase.com/article/black-crowes-tour-dates-summer-2022

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
    tschav said:
    fsu2626 said:
    I can’t be the only one thinking that this is someone confusing Eddie and the earthlings for Pearl Jam. These rumors are probably early talks for Eddie and the earthlings round 2. Maybe I’m wrong, but I don’t see Pearl Jam playing a venue that size when T mobile is right there. 
    Seems like they could, in theory, pick up a short EV residency if there are no US shows until after Europe. 
    Doing a little math, Chad's available until June before RHCP, and Glen's got a month in April between tours. Only thing limiting a long residency is Lady Gaga's shows from mid-April into May.

The venue's similarly sized to some of the places The Earthlings have played, and have hosted other rock acts. Not traveling (or limited traveling) could be theoretically safer from covid postponements.

I can't see Pearl Jam as a whole playing there though, too small a venue and they got way too many other dates committed to pencil in a date or two (even if they were warmup shows).

I can only imagine what this board will look like if PJ plays a few West Coast shows, EV does a run of solo shows in Vegas, and they push the East Coast rescheduled dates back to the fall.

• DissidentRival74DissidentRival74 Six One Five Posts: 150
    JimmyV said:
    JimmyV said:
    JimmyV said:
    The Black Crowes are teasing a tour announcement for tomorrow. Yet another band that played their postponed tour and has moved on to the next one. 
    I saw this on FB and read some comments - some are speculating it's going to be a new album announcement - something about a 1972 Covers album.  I guess they played some stuff in Vegas and mentioned it being from a new cover album.  
    Interesting. Could be that. I saw announcement and assumed tour because that's where my brain is these days. 
    It was a tour.

Was just headed back here to say you were right, lol...
    "I'm only civil because I don't know any swear words."
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,946
    JimmyV said:
    JimmyV said:
    JimmyV said:
    It was a tour.

Great live act.  Definitely want to catch them in my area.

It's always good to see the Brothers Robinson getting along. 

• Habit4meHabit4me Posts: 155
    Why is it always a clusterfuck for Pearl Jam to schedule shows? I swear Phish and Dead and Co. have toured Colorado 3x since PJ officially postponed their 2020 tour. What in the actual F.
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 8,288
    edited February 2022
    Man I can’t help but to be annoyed if the msg date is in the fall. Sick of waiting and even more tired of this endless delay for any information. 
    nicknyr15 said:
    Man I can’t help but to be annoyed if the msg date is in the fall. Sick of waiting and even more tired of this endless delay for any information. 
    There will be many that agree with you, particularly if they only announce the spring shows. 

All signs point to me being wrong (shocking, I know) but I still question whether an Earthlings tour followed by a spring run of shows followed by Europe followed by ballparks followed by a fall run of shows followed by Ed at Ohana is feasible. Feels like more than a lot for this band.  

• CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 3,011
    JimmyV said:
    All signs point to me being wrong (shocking, I know) but I still question whether an Earthlings tour followed by a spring run of shows followed by Europe followed by ballparks followed by a fall run of shows followed by Ed at Ohana is feasible. Feels like more than a lot for this band.  
    They'll probably take a year or two off.
  • DEGBTIDEGBTI Posts: 962
    JimmyV said:
    I 99% see this happening, no inside info. It's just the most logical scenario. Think about it. EV tour is a couple shows from over. Already announced May will be a go, regardless of how many.  Europe is a go for summer. Rumors of stadiums and late summer is the typical time of year for that. Ed will have ohana late September as always. He said he wants the band to play again there. And throw in the MSG rumor for November. All this along with the band saying before covid they had planned a huge tour. All those pieces of the puzzle add up to a tour announcement. I'm guessing Feb 28. Oh, and Dimi making a comment recently on Facebook about some new soon. Done deal! 
  • estarr31estarr31 Posts: 575
    Plus Eddie has recently been interviewed saying that he expects to go hard with PJ for another two-three years or so and then they'll take a break. A new PJ album would fall in there too. So you got a support tour for Gigaton this year, recording/new album next year, and then another tour for that. 
    Mansfield 6/30/08 -  Wrigley Field 7/14/13 -  Worcester I 10/15/13 -  Global Citizen 9/26/15 -  MSG II 5/2/16 -  Fenway I 8/5/16 -  Fenway II 8/7/16 -  Fenway II 9/4/18 - LA I 5/6/22 - LA II 5/7/22 - MSG 9/11/22 - Nashville 9/16/22 - St. Paul I and II 8/31/23-9/2/23
  • nicknyr15 said:
    I hear you.  On the other hand I would happily take MSG off your hands if the wait is too much! 
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2; 2024:  Vancouver 1-2, LV 1-2, LA 1-2, Napa, Barcelona 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • DEGBTI said:
    JimmyV said:
    I 99% see this happening, no inside info. It's just the most logical scenario. Think about it. EV tour is a couple shows from over. Already announced May will be a go, regardless of how many.  Europe is a go for summer. Rumors of stadiums and late summer is the typical time of year for that. Ed will have ohana late September as always. He said he wants the band to play again there. And throw in the MSG rumor for November. All this along with the band saying before covid they had planned a huge tour. All those pieces of the puzzle add up to a tour announcement. I'm guessing Feb 28. Oh, and Dimi making a comment recently on Facebook about some new soon. Done deal! 
    Yeah, I agree with this. I think the 28th or the week of the 7th we will hear something. Especially with the week of the 7th being the 2 year anniversary of the postponement. And there was a Fenway rumor for Mid August. My theory is reschedule shows in May, being billed as “warm up shows”. Followed by European tour, a few ball parks in the late summer/early fall. Like I said there was a rumor about Fenway in August, followed by Ohana in September. Than a full fall tour in October/November with MSG in there. Probably normal stops too, Philly, DC, maybe CT, and finishing up in the Pacific Northwest. Again, just my assumption. 
    "If you're like me, then you know me"

2006: Camden 1
    2008: Washington DC
    2009: Philly 1, Philly 2, Philly 3, Philly 4
    2013: Philly 1, Philly 2, Baltimore
    2016: Philly 1, Philly 2,
    2017: Temple of The Dog Philly 2
  • Bunting10Bunting10 Massachusetts, USA Posts: 686
    DEGBTI said:
    JimmyV said:
    What was the Dimi comment?  I tried to find it on FB.  Thank you!
    Soon to be 28 and counting:

1998: Mansfield, MA (9/15)
    2000: Virginia Beach, VA (8/3), Saratoga Springs, NY (8/27), Mansfield, MA (8/29 and 8/30)
    2003: Albany, NY (4/29), Mansfield, MA (7/2 and 7/3), New York, NY (7/8 and 7/9)
    2006: Hartford, CT (5/23), Boston, MA (5/24 and 5/25)
    2009: Chicago, IL (8/23 and 8/24)
    2010: Boston, MA (5/17)
    2011: East Troy, WI (9/3 and 9/4)
    2013: Worcester, MA (10/15 and 10/16), Hartford, CT (10/25)
    2016: Boston, MA (8/5 and 8/7)
    2018: Boston, MA (9/2 and 9/4)
    2022: Camden, NJ (9/14)
    2024: Boston, MA (9/15 and 9/17)
    Bunting10 said:
    DEGBTI said:
    JimmyV said:
    "You will be happy soon" or something close to that to someone asking about Phoenix. 

• biz999biz999 Posts: 173
    JimmyV said:
    Bunting10 said:
    DEGBTI said:
    JimmyV said:
    "You will be happy soon" or something close to that to someone asking about Phoenix. 
    I can't find it either but I remember it was U (instead of you) - like "U will be happy soon" 

maybe the 'U' was part of a hint I didn't understand

• LaFleurLaFleur Posts: 810
    My post has nothing to do with existing dates
    But the only existing dates are Europe 
    Barrie - '98
    Toronto - '96, '00, '03, '05, '06, '16, '20, '22
    Ottawa - '16, '20, '22
    Hamilton - '20, '22
  • MakeUSmileMakeUSmile Posts: 1,128
    My post has nothing to do with existing dates
    But the only existing dates are Europe 
    True, but I think he was referring to make up dates as existing dates 
    can you feel this world with your heart and not your brain?
  • Just for clarity, got DMB tickets today for a show happening in June, a near month AFTER the PJ tour is supposed to start.
  • jimjam1982jimjam1982 Posts: 1,396
    tick tock tick tock sitting on the dock of the bay, watching the tiMe roll away
  • OceansJennyOceansJenny Posts: 3,392
    biz999 said:
    JimmyV said:
    Bunting10 said:
    DEGBTI said:
    JimmyV said:
    I can't find it either but I remember it was U (instead of you) - like "U will be happy soon" 

maybe the 'U' was part of a hint I didn't understand

Post is still there and yes that was the message. =)
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • As someone who has had tickets to the Amsterdam shows it is beyond annoying and really stupid that they’re going to add new shows before making shows up and those new shows are the reason Amsterdam had to be moved AGAIN. It makes sense if it was them trying to squeeze in the make ups. This band is getting super fucking frustrating. 
  • ComeToTXComeToTX Posts: 7,730
    Very frustrating. I hope when they finally announce them after TWO damn years that we get some reasoning behind the delay.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  •   Need to add a city with a stadium but no sports teams that will make the NBA/NHL playoffs.  Maybe a residency in Detroit  :D  
    6/26/98 & 6/27/98 - Alpine Valley, 10/9/00 - Allstate Arena - Rosemont, IL 6/18/2003 - United Center, 5/16/2006 - United Center,
    5/17/2006 - United Center (7th row center, caught Eddie's pick), 6/29/2006 - Summerfest with Tom Petty,
    8/24/2009 - United Center, 7/19/2013 - Wrigley Field, 10/3/2014 - St Louis, 10/17/2014 - Moline (GA), 10/20/2014 - Milwaukee,
    5/14/2015 - Pete Townshend/EV, 8/20/16 & 8/22/16 Wrigley Field Part 2&3, 8/18/18 & 8/20/18 Wrigley Parts 4 & 5, 9/18/2022 - St Louis
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,424
    As someone who has had tickets to the Amsterdam shows it is beyond annoying and really stupid that they’re going to add new shows before making shows up and those new shows are the reason Amsterdam had to be moved AGAIN. It makes sense if it was them trying to squeeze in the make ups. This band is getting super fucking frustrating. 
    Why do you think that is the reason Amsterdam got moved?