Options

Viruses / Vaccines

Comments

• Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    That’s amazing. According to Twitter these are the only types that die from Covid. 
    They are worth noting.
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,931
    nicknyr15 said:
    That’s amazing. According to Twitter these are the only types that die from Covid. 
    They are worth noting.
    Meh. AOC caught Covid and someone defensively  noted that she’s one of millions that caught it. I’m just stating the same here. 
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,946

Again, just mind blowing.  She sounds like the extended family family friend on my wife's side (someone I never met) who died a few days ago unable to cling to life, but clinging to some ridiculous political notion about vaccinations.  Or in her case, like the people claiming  "God" is on their side on this too.  So many people who follow these crazy cult like notions.  It's amazing and pathetic.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,811
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    They are worth noting.
    Meh. AOC caught Covid and someone defensively  noted that she’s one of millions that caught it. I’m just stating the same here. 
    She attended anti-vax conferences.  She worked hard to convince people NOT to get the vaccine.  I think the distinction is pretty clear. 
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    They are worth noting.
    She attended anti-vax conferences.  She worked hard to convince people NOT to get the vaccine.  I think the distinction is pretty clear. 
    Cool. If keeping track of people you don’t agree with dying is your thing then I guess, enjoy? 
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    nicknyr15 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    They are worth noting.
    Cool. If keeping track of people you don’t agree with dying is your thing then I guess, enjoy? 
    You received the information in the same way as me. I guess it's your thing too.
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,404
    He deserves it. Fauci went easy on him.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    They are worth noting.
    You received the information in the same way as me. I guess it's your thing too.
    Wasn’t saying it’s your thing. But if that’s your thing than that’s cool too. 
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,094
    nicknyr15 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    They are worth noting.
    you don't think there's a CLEAR difference between catching covid and having mild symptoms because of vaccination, and someone who was overtly anti-vaxx and dies of covid?
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    They are worth noting.
    Reading is kind of my thing.. but I can't read minds or the definition of "you".  My discussion was about your lack of distinction between this person getting COVID (and dying) and AOC's COVID (and not dying).  

• Options
    mrussel1 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    They are worth noting.
    Reading is kind of my thing.. but I can't read minds or the definition of "you".  My discussion was about your lack of distinction between this person getting COVID (and dying) and AOC's COVID (and not dying).  

I was joking with that last comment. I see the distinction. I guess I don’t get the obsession with it. 
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    They are worth noting.
    you don't think there's a CLEAR difference between catching covid and having mild symptoms because of vaccination, and someone who was overtly anti-vaxx and dies of covid?
    I don’t get the obsession with posting every single one that dies on a board with a 98% left leaning, pro vaccination stance. And quite frankly , if AOC was a conservative, I think the posts about her catching it after her actions in Florida would be quite the opposite around here. 
  • Options
    Whaaaaaaa, whaaaaaaaa, whaaaaaaaaaboutism. For AOC being noted to have gotten covid, I made my comment in the context that so had 60+ million Americans. Now, if she had gotten it after refusing vaccination and going on anti-mask and jab tirades, she'd be worthy of the criticism.

Where do you get your shoes?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,094
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    They are worth noting.
    I don’t get the obsession with posting every single one that dies on a board with a 98% left leaning, pro vaccination stance. And quite frankly , if AOC was a conservative, I think the posts about her catching it after her actions in Florida would be quite the opposite around here. 
    I disagree. I haven't seen one post about any conservative who has gotten covid after being pro-vaxx getting mocked here. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,143
    nicknyr15 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    They are worth noting.

I was joking with that last comment. I see the distinction. I guess I don’t get the obsession with it. 
    I don't think anyone is obsessed with it....it's news
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    They are worth noting.
    what actions?  Being around other people without a mask? She wouldn't have caught it otherwise? 

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,839
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    They are worth noting.
    That's only because conversates are always victimized. They shall overcome.

As for these semi-famous anti-vaxers and anti-maskers dying, I  never liked dunking on them or celebrating their demise. I used to think there was value to sharing their stories as cautionary tales. However, it's become clear that they are not serving as cautionary tales, as heels are dug in. So I don't share or talk about these stories anymore. Now, they truly only serve one purpose; for people to celebrate death. It's a bad look, but, hey, fuck everyone's feelings.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    OnWis97 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    They are worth noting.
    That's only because conversates are always victimized. They shall overcome.

As for these semi-famous anti-vaxers and anti-maskers dying, I  never liked dunking on them or celebrating their demise. I used to think there was value to sharing their stories as cautionary tales. However, it's become clear that they are not serving as cautionary tales, as heels are dug in. So I don't share or talk about these stories anymore. Now, they truly only serve one purpose; for people to celebrate death. It's a bad look, but, hey, fuck everyone's feelings.
    yeah it's like my facebook friend who's grandmother died of covid....still says covid is overblown and masks are useless, etc.

Some people's skulls are just too hard to crack

• Options
    AW124797AW124797 Posts: 647
    Gern Blansten said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    They are worth noting.

It's a clear obsession. Haven't seen celebratory posts regarding pro-mandate, double vaxxed and boosted people dying from covid.
  • Options
    AW124797 said:
    Gern Blansten said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    They are worth noting.

It's a clear obsession. Haven't seen celebratory posts regarding pro-mandate, double vaxxed and boosted people dying from covid.
    Find one and post it. 
  • Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,982
    edited January 2022
    AW124797 said:
    Gern Blansten said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    They are worth noting.

Do you know of any pro-mandate, double vaxxed and boosted folks who have died of covid? I'm sure there are some but I'm not on twitter and all the folks who I know to be in the news or on social media promoting vaccination are still alive. Have at it if you know some pro-mandate/vax/boosted that have died of covid.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    AW124797 said:
    Gern Blansten said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    They are worth noting.

Find one and post it. 
    Why? 
  • Options
    AW124797 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    AW124797 said:
    Gern Blansten said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    They are worth noting.

Find one and post it. 
    Why? 
    To make your point?

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    AW124797 said:
    Gern Blansten said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    They are worth noting.

you haven't seen them because those people don't exist....that's the point of getting vaccinated.

I hope you have protected yourself.

• Options
    AW124797 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    AW124797 said:
    Gern Blansten said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    They are worth noting.

Find one and post it. 
    Why? 
    To make your point?
    "Nothing to celebrate" is my point. Somebody's death doesn't make me happy.
  • Options
    AW124797 said:
    AW124797 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    AW124797 said:
    Gern Blansten said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    They are worth noting.

Find one and post it. 
    Why? 
    To make your point?
    what would make me happy is everyone getting vaccinated....

• Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,652

I'm not in the habit of celebrating anyone's death, but there's no small amount of irony in an outspoken anti-vaxxer dying from covid... and let's not pretend there isn't some net gain for society w/ one less person pushing anti-science bullshit. 
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,404
    AW124797 said:
    AW124797 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    AW124797 said:
    Gern Blansten said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    They are worth noting.

Find one and post it. 
    Why? 
    To make your point?
    what would make me happy is everyone getting vaccinated....
    Same.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    From the NYT email blast. Sorry, can't figure out how to post the graphs but there's a substantial difference between vaxxed/unvaxxed in hospitals and dying. 

View in browser|nytimes.com

January 11, 2022

By David Leonhardt and Ashley Wu

Good morning. We look at Omicron’s toll in New York and Seattle, two cities with timely data.

Covid testing in Brooklyn.Anna Watts for The New York Times

A growing gap

Some of the timeliest data on Covid-19 outcomes by vaccination status comes from New York City and the Seattle area, and the two are telling a consistent story.
    Cases for vaccinated and unvaccinated residents alike are rising:

Data is age adjusted. Recent data may be incomplete.Sources: New York City Department of Health, Washington Department of Health

They’re rising because vaccination often does not prevent infection from the Omicron variant. It reduces the chances substantially — as you can see above — but vaccinated people still face a meaningful chance of infection.

What vaccination does is radically reduce the chance of severe Covid illness. Look how different these charts on hospitalizations looks from the previous charts on cases:

Data is age adjusted. Recent data may be incomplete.Sources: New York City Department of Health, Washington Department of Health

(The number of Americans hospitalized with Covid has surpassed last winter’s peak.)

Some experts believe that the hospitalization gap between the vaccinated and unvaccinated is even larger than these charts suggest. The official data on Covid hospitalizations includes many people who are hospitalized for other reasons — say, a heart condition or a bicycle crash — and who test positive for the virus while being treated.

About one-third of Covid hospitalizations fall into this category, according to a recent analysis at the University of California, San Francisco. In New York State, 43 percent of people hospitalized with Covid were admitted for other reasons.
    It’s true that some of these incidental Covid hospitalizations still cause problems. The virus can harm people whose bodies are weakened by other medical conditions, and all Covid cases put added stress on hospitals, because patients must be isolated. (“Hospitals are in serious trouble,” Ed Yong writes in The Atlantic.)

Still, many incidental Covid cases in hospitals do not present much risk to the infected person. And Omicron is so contagious that it has infected many vaccinated people, likely inflating the hospitalization numbers more than previous variants have.
    The death gap

The data on deaths from New York and Seattle underscores the relatively low risks for vaccinated people. These numbers show a starker gap between the vaccinated and the unvaccinated than the hospitalization data:

One caveat is death trends tend to lag case trends by about three weeks. In coming weeks, deaths among the vaccinated will almost certainly rise, given how sharply cases have risen. These deaths will likely be concentrated among people in vulnerable health, including the elderly and those with a serious underlying medical condition like a previous organ transplant — especially if they’re not boosted.
    This likelihood — along with the problem of overwhelmed hospitals — is one of the strongest arguments for taking steps to reduce the size of the current Omicron wave. More vaccine mandates and indoor mask wearing can help reduce cases and, by extension, deaths, experts say.

But the early data raises the possibility that the increase in deaths among the vaccinated will remain relatively modest. The gap in the mortality charts above can’t merely be a reflection of the lag between the cases and deaths. After all, deaths among unvaccinated New Yorkers and Seattleites had already begun to surge in December. Deaths among the vaccinated had not.
    (In Boston and Chicago, Covid deaths have also risen, these charts show.)

The bottom line
    Vaccination remains highly effective at preventing severe Covid illnesses. And Omicron is milder than earlier versions of the virus. The combination means that most Americans — including children and vaccinated adults — face little personal risk from Omicron.

The risk is not zero, to be clear, even among people who are generally healthy. But it is very small. Every day, people live with small risks, be they from the seasonal flu and other illnesses or from riding in a vehicle, playing sports or other activities.
    For the unvaccinated, the situation is very different. Omicron is still severe enough that it will lead to debilitating illness and death for many unvaccinated people. In much of the U.S., a large number of adults — including older adults — remain unvaccinated:

Source: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention

Related

• In Portugal, one of the most vaccinated countries, Covid deaths have not risen much even as cases have surged, notes Dr. Eric Topol of Scripps Research. The trends are similar in other parts of Europe.
    • The situation looks worse in the U.S., partly because vaccination rates are lower than in Europe, David Wallace-Wells of New York Magazine writes.

Brilliantati©
  • Options

Brilliantati©
This discussion has been closed.