Options

Viruses / Vaccines

Comments

• Options
    gvn2fly1421gvn2fly1421 Posts: 935
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:
    I will assume and do in fact, he meant not get any of the devastating effects visited on the unvaccinated.
    Can't ya just acknowledge that Biden was wrong when he said that, rather than assuming what he meant? He said "You’re not gonna get COVID if you have these vaccinations." That's his quote, in a televised townhall, and it's incorrect. God forbid the interviewer push back and note that he was incorrect so then Biden could correct himself and say what you assume he meant. 

assuming different meaning sorta infers the statement was incorrect.

no matter, I go to my doctor for medical advice, not a life long politician. or a first time one.

Well, what does your doctor tell you about the vaccine?  We have the leader of the free world saying you cannot catch covid if you have it, then we have the Washington Post saying that not only can I still catch the virus, but I can spread the virus and I can carry symptoms of the virus.
  • Options
    HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,383
    CM189191 said:
    What a hot mess this thread has become! I wish people would stop the 'blame' game regarding who said what. Please get vaccinated, and if you are not vaccinated - mask up!
    Masking up only helps if you have it and from spreading it.  It isn't helping you to prevent from getting it.

Unless they changed something?

Yes, wearing a mask does help you from getting CV19

If you have an N95 mask that's even better

Where did you find this at?  I think 6' away weighs in on this?  Basically last I read that only an N95 had the ability to effectively prevent transmission.

I'm asking because I am curious and can't find anything like this on the CDC site.  They did upgrade the homemade masks to 2 ply I see.  That is also new to me.
    COVID-19: Considerations for Wearing Masks | CDC

Science Brief: Community Use of Cloth Masks to Control the Spread of SARS-CoV-2 | CDC
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,822
    New data available in pre-print looks at the effectiveness of a single doze of the Pfizer vaccine in terms of development of antibodies vs. two doses with respect to the timing of the two doses and confirms that a longer time period between the first and second dose leads to higher overall antibody levels, but leaves the individual less protected during the interval. The authors estimate that the "sweet spot" is 8 weeks between first and second dose (rather than the 3 weeks that Pfizer got authorization for).

https://www.reuters.com/business/healthcare-pharmaceuticals/spacing-pfizer-covid-shots-boosts-antibody-levels-after-initial-drop-study-2021-07-22/

Though probably no one will even read this, amongst all the bickering. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,726
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:
    I will assume and do in fact, he meant not get any of the devastating effects visited on the unvaccinated.
    Can't ya just acknowledge that Biden was wrong when he said that, rather than assuming what he meant? He said "You’re not gonna get COVID if you have these vaccinations." That's his quote, in a televised townhall, and it's incorrect. God forbid the interviewer push back and note that he was incorrect so then Biden could correct himself and say what you assume he meant. 

no matter, I go to my doctor for medical advice, not a life long politician. or a first time one.

Are you sure that getting medical advice from politicians and then coming to the 10C forum for clarification on said advice isn't a better approach? 

A few people seem to think it is. 

It's not "medical advice" that Biden is expected to be giving. He's expected to state the facts regarding the vaccine. And frankly, I bet there's doctors out there that aren't sure of exactly what the vaccines can and can't do. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,706
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:

Well, what does your doctor tell you about the vaccine?  We have the leader of the free world saying you cannot catch covid if you have it, then we have the Washington Post saying that not only can I still catch the virus, but I can spread the virus and I can carry symptoms of the virus.

see her next month for a check up. usual stuff.  not overly or mildly concerned with the 95% efficacy of the 2 shot I got. feel pretty good about it , in fact.

so just out here living life. would recommend it to anyone, but hey to each their own.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,748
    New data available in pre-print looks at the effectiveness of a single doze of the Pfizer vaccine in terms of development of antibodies vs. two doses with respect to the timing of the two doses and confirms that a longer time period between the first and second dose leads to higher overall antibody levels, but leaves the individual less protected during the interval. The authors estimate that the "sweet spot" is 8 weeks between first and second dose (rather than the 3 weeks that Pfizer got authorization for).

https://www.reuters.com/business/healthcare-pharmaceuticals/spacing-pfizer-covid-shots-boosts-antibody-levels-after-initial-drop-study-2021-07-22/

Great news and looks like Canada may have gotten lucky a bit with their strategy of single doses first to the masses and this also working in our favour. 
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,706
    PJNB said:

Great news and looks like Canada may have gotten lucky a bit with their strategy of single doses first to the masses and this also working in our favour. 

wheres meltdown when you need him....
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,985
    Hobbes said:
    CM189191 said:
    What a hot mess this thread has become! I wish people would stop the 'blame' game regarding who said what. Please get vaccinated, and if you are not vaccinated - mask up!
    Masking up only helps if you have it and from spreading it.  It isn't helping you to prevent from getting it.

Where did you find this at?  I think 6' away weighs in on this?  Basically last I read that only an N95 had the ability to effectively prevent transmission.

I'm asking because I am curious and can't find anything like this on the CDC site.  They did upgrade the homemade masks to 2 ply I see.  That is also new to me.

Science Brief: Community Use of Cloth Masks to Control the Spread of SARS-CoV-2 | CDC
    TY.  I read the first link already but never saw the second one.

We might go back to masks full time again it seems.
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,985

Read it.  TY.

So an 8 week gap is proving to be way more effective than a 3 week gap.  
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,475
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:

Are you sure that getting medical advice from politicians and then coming to the 10C forum for clarification on said advice isn't a better approach? 

It's not "medical advice" that Biden is expected to be giving. He's expected to state the facts regarding the vaccine. And frankly, I bet there's doctors out there that aren't sure of exactly what the vaccines can and can't do. 

Do you think he misspoke intentionally?

I'm with you, the reporter should have pushed back and had him clarify, but expecting the media to do the right thing these days is unfortunately expecting too much.

He made an erroneous statement... with that being said, do you really think he's intentionally lying? 
  • Options
    Hobbes said:
    CM189191 said:

TY.  I read the first link already but never saw the second one.

We might go back to masks full time again it seems.
    I think so too, which doesn't bother me personally, but man... things are going to get ugly if (when?) we take a step back this fall. 
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:

I'm with you, the reporter should have pushed back and had him clarify, but expecting the media to do the right thing these days is unfortunately expecting too much.

He made an erroneous statement... with that being said, do you really think he's intentionally lying? 

I tend to think he's not. Though it's not impossible. But of the two options...

1) Biden doesn't know what the hell he's talking about

and

2) Biden is so desperate to get more people vaccinated that he'll lie and exaggerate the effectiveness of the vaccines.

....I think option 1 is more likely. But I don't think option 2 is completely out of realm of possibility. But it's probably option 1. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,822
    PJNB said:

Yesterday Canada surpassed the UK in percentage of population vaccinated, both first dose and fully. We’re now the highest vaccinated of the G7 nations. The only countries with a higher vaccination rate are a handful of little ones, like Aruba and Malta, and Chile. 

Yes, our vaccine program was a total shambles   :lol: 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:

and

2) Biden is so desperate to get more people vaccinated that he'll lie and exaggerate the effectiveness of the vaccines.

....I think option 1 is more likely. But I don't think option 2 is completely out of realm of possibility. But it's probably option 1. 

I believe he's desperate for more people to get vaccinated... aren't you? We should all be. It's what's in the best interest of the country moving forward. That said, I genuinely don't think he would push such a demonstrably false lie. I know we're used to that after the 4 years that preceded him, but that doesn't seem to be his style. 

I also entertain a third option, that he knows what the vaccines do and don't do, and that he simply misspoke... you know... Occam's razor & all. 
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,000
    edited July 2021
    mickeyrat said:
    I agree 100% he should have been called out or asked a follow up question. And even meaning that you won’t get any of the devastation effects of covid isn’t true either. People have still been hospitalized and died.
    I assume he meant the chances are much, much less. But that’s just an assumption. He should have been asked and he should have clarified. I find it funny that people defend the coverage and the interview.
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:

and

I believe he's desperate for more people to get vaccinated... aren't you? We should all be. It's what's in the best interest of the country moving forward. That said, I genuinely don't think he would push such a demonstrably false lie. I know we're used to that after the 4 years that preceded him, but that doesn't seem to be his style. 

I also entertain a third option, that he knows what the vaccines do and don't do, and that he simply misspoke... you know... Occam's razor & all. 
    I know Trump was outrageous to a point that it was hard to believe it was even happening, but Biden's as big of a government guy as there could be. You can't just totally trust the government. 

As for Biden misspeaking, sure that's possible. But if that's the case, he needs to get with the program. If the pandemic/vaccines are the most important thing going on in the world, get it right when you're addressing it publicly. Maybe he's not malicious like Trump, but he comes off as being as dumb as Bush. The three of them make me appreciate Obama a little more. 

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:

and

I know Trump was outrageous to a point that it was hard to believe it was even happening, but Biden's as big of a government guy as there could be. You can't just totally trust the government. 

As for Biden misspeaking, sure that's possible. But if that's the case, he needs to get with the program. If the pandemic/vaccines are the most important thing going on in the world, get it right when you're addressing it publicly. Maybe he's not malicious like Trump, but he comes off as being as dumb as Bush. The three of them make me appreciate Obama a little more. 
    I don't trust the government or politicians, but this current administration at least shows an interest in governing and trying to get the country out of this mess, which is more than we can say about the administration it replaced. 

Again... Occam's razor, I'm hard pressed to believe he intentionally lied and also doesn't know what the vaccines do and don't do. I know he's a government guy and no more trustworthy than any other politician, but he's also no dummy, despite the stutter. 

And yes... someone should have pushed back on that statement and made him clarify.
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,286
    Time to start blaming the unvaccinated for the prolonging of this pandemic! Unless you wanna blame Obama because we all know mango Mussolini was perfect bestest of the best president..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,687
    WTF is it with FLA?! 
    And what about Alabama Governor, Kay Ivey, and her statement that "Folks are supposed to have common sense. But it’s time to start blaming the unvaccinated folks, not the vaccinated folks. It’s the unvaccinated folks that are letting us down.”  WTF, Kay?  Where do you think these people got there notions about the vaccine in the first place???
    What the hell is wrong with some of these people?!

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,582
    brianlux said:
    WTF is it with FLA?! 
    And what about Alabama Governor, Kay Ivey, and her statement that "Folks are supposed to have common sense. But it’s time to start blaming the unvaccinated folks, not the vaccinated folks. It’s the unvaccinated folks that are letting us down.”  WTF, Kay?  Where do you think these people got there notions about the vaccine in the first place???
    What the hell is wrong with some of these people?!

Their/there/they're only policy is owning libs.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Brigadoon, foodie capital Posts: 3,231
    mickeyrat said:
    That's the problem with the majority here.  They will not admit there is a very large liberal bias with the MSM.  They will not admit anything against "their" party is wrong.

I get blasted for "misinformation", yet when I ask for clarification on some "misinformation" the three responses after are blasting me about Trump and do not address a legitimate concern for most people, conflicting information.

I understand that no one from "the" party cares about me.  When these folks understand that, we will start getting somewhere.

Or, when you understand that experts know more than some random guy on Twitter, maybe we will start getting somewhere. I notice that you keeping posting links to tweets from... someone?... as proof that doctors, scientists, and people with years of experience handling pandemics are somehow wrong/ lying to us/ part of a vast conspiracy. The notion that "this one guy I know on Facebook" somehow uncovered a plot/ scientific discovery that has evaded the world's scientists, journalists and law enforcement experts, en masse, is preposterous.
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • Options
    curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Brigadoon, foodie capital Posts: 3,231
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:

and

It is well-documented that Biden stutters, and one of the ways he manages it is to find verbal work-arounds when he hits a word that is a stumbling -- stuttering -- block for him. This causes him to mis-speak on occasion.

That said:
    -- the mRNA vaccines *are* 94-95% effective against COVID

-- *most* vaccinated people who do become infected with COVID will be asymptomatic; if you are vaccinated, the odds that you will be sick enough to need hospitalization, and the risk of dying from COVID, are near zero.

-- vaccinated people who become infected with COVID carry a lower viral load and are *less* likely to infect others

^^^^ These are the important points. The rest is just noise.
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,772
    edited July 2021
    To add to this conversation, and I hope everyone gets vaxxed and quickly because the numbers are rising again. 

“White House press secretary Jen Psaki sought to clarify Biden's statement that "you're not going to get Covid if you have these vaccinations."
    "Well, what the science says is that 97% of hospitalizations are people who were unvaccinated," Psaki said Thursday. "So yes, there are cases of individuals who are vaccinated, to be absolutely clear, who have gotten Covid -- it is a very small percentage, and a small number of people, and those cases, the vast, vast, vast majority, are asymptomatic and they have, they have minor symptoms, which means that you are largely protected -- that was the point he was trying to make last night." “

Falling down,...not staying down
  • Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,892
    As the  numbers rise like here. Double  vaccinated  are catching  it plenty. Getting  flu like illness  mainly. Some are getting  hospitalised.  So vaccines are very important  stopping  deaths
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,286
    https://twitter.com/peterbakernyt/status/1418618612026314754?s=21
    My pity levels are way down on these folks! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    ParksyParksy Posts: 1,675
    edited July 2021
    mickeyrat said:
    That's the problem with the majority here.  They will not admit there is a very large liberal bias with the MSM.  They will not admit anything against "their" party is wrong.

I get blasted for "misinformation", yet when I ask for clarification on some "misinformation" the three responses after are blasting me about Trump and do not address a legitimate concern for most people, conflicting information.

I understand that no one from "the" party cares about me.  When these folks understand that, we will start getting somewhere.

Dude... you're not wrong about what you're saying. But If I may....

Trump (and Republicans) lie, deceive, and manipulate for power, votes, leverage, gain.  (TRUE!)
    Biden (and Democrats) lie, deceive, and manipulate for power, votes, leverage, gain. (TRUE!)

Fox News and Newsmax are biased and owned privately by rich people who pulls the strings. (TRUE)
    CNN and MSNBC are biased and owned privately by rich people who pulls the strings. (TRUE) 

Ok.  So all things being the same lets look at this as well: 

A thermonuclear bomb is a dangerous weapon. (TRUE!)
    A gun is a dangerous weapon. (TRUE!)

To your point and I say this sincerely... there are those in society who are ignorant and blind to the failures of their particular brand or banner and are seemingly incapable of admitting those failures. (TRUE!) 

This may be just my opinion here.. but if you dig deep and you look close and you really really pay attention you could possibly notice this: 

Trump is FAR WORSE at said lying, deceiving, and manipulating. He and the republicans would be the nuclear bomb of my little analogy here. 

Fox and Newsmax are FAR MORE BIASED.  They would be the nuclear bomb of my little analogy here. 

And those two things... while the same are.. wait for it...   Not. Equal.  A bomb is hopefully obviously more dangerous than a gun. 

And in terms of the general population... those who support Trump and the Republicans versus those who support Biden and the Democrats (Timeout: you know... it almost starts to sound like we're talking about the Empire versus the Rebels from Star Wars when you think about it) 
    Time in: ....  There are many folks who are hard headed and stubborn when it comes to not being able to admit their team sucks sometimes....  but Trump supporters are BY FAR much worse at that. 

I wish I had that Lebron James meme/photo when his teammate messes up and he's like "COME ON!" 

If you're going to come on here with your self righteousness and point the finger at Biden and people who cannot admit when he is wrong or when he says something untrue... you need to take a serious, serious, serious look in the mirror.  Because my friend, the fellow you voted for has spouted exponentially more bogus claims and dangerous lies than Biden. That's a fact. 

If you think to yourself sometimes "Why don't people like me?"  "Why am I criticized for voting for Trump?" "Why are people so 'triggered' about this stuff?"  

Think of two men standing outside a school,  one with a gun, and one with a detonator to a large nuclear bomb inside the school. Both are a threat, and both are bad.  But it is generally understood by most people with half a brain which of the two is the greater threat. If ten people are inside choosing which guy to take out and one person says "honestly guys, I think the guy with the gun is the problem here." That person is likely going to get yelled at and stopped. That's why folks on here, myself included don't like what you say because it's dangerous and makes no sense.

In America, that ratio is 50/50 not 90/10.  It boggles the mind. 

What Biden said was wrong and stupid. (True) 
    What Trump has said, is saying, and will continue to say is more wrong, and far more stupid. (True) 

In a system where you had three choices, Biden, Trump, or nothing... you chose Trump. You will be judged for that. Deal with it. 

Post edited by Parksy on
    Toronto 2000
    Buffalo, Phoenix, Toronto 2003
    Boston I&II 2004
    Kitchener, Hamilton, London, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2005
    Toronto I&II, Las Vegas 2006
    Chicago Lollapalooza 2007
    Toronto, Seattle I&II, Vancouver, Philly I,II,III,IV 2009
    Cleveland, Buffalo 2010
    Toronto I&II 2011
    Buffalo 2013
    Toronto I&II 2016
    10C: 220xxx
  • Options
    ParksyParksy Posts: 1,675
    I have to add this as well to the Gvn2Fly Trumper / Anti-Vaxxer.... 

You openly criticize a President who falsely said that you won't get Covid if you get a vaccine. 

The POS you voted to keep in power completely and totally downplayed the pandemic for political and personal gain.  So much so that he was so desperate.. he suggested that people ingest bleach to clean it out. He blamed high testing. He said it would go away. Quite frankly, he cost lives. 

In the tit for tat world of arguing and constantly saying "Yeah but your guy did this"  "Yeah but your guy said this" you are never going to win. Trump has provided the ironically named Trump card of crushing those arguments each and every time. Biden might be wrong, but he's not killing people in the process. His mistake was seemingly for the purpose of helping people.  

Voting for Trump has essentially nulled and voided your talking points friend. It has sucked the rationality out of anything you may say.  I award you no points, and may god have mercy on your soul. 

Toronto 2000
    Buffalo, Phoenix, Toronto 2003
    Boston I&II 2004
    Kitchener, Hamilton, London, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2005
    Toronto I&II, Las Vegas 2006
    Chicago Lollapalooza 2007
    Toronto, Seattle I&II, Vancouver, Philly I,II,III,IV 2009
    Cleveland, Buffalo 2010
    Toronto I&II 2011
    Buffalo 2013
    Toronto I&II 2016
    10C: 220xxx
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,000
    edited July 2021
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:

and

It is well-documented that Biden stutters, and one of the ways he manages it is to find verbal work-arounds when he hits a word that is a stumbling -- stuttering -- block for him. This causes him to mis-speak on occasion.

That said:
    -- the mRNA vaccines *are* 94-95% effective against COVID

-- *most* vaccinated people who do become infected with COVID will be asymptomatic; if you are vaccinated, the odds that you will be sick enough to need hospitalization, and the risk of dying from COVID, are near zero.

-- vaccinated people who become infected with COVID carry a lower viral load and are *less* likely to infect others

^^^^ These are the important points. The rest is just noise.
    I stutter and do the same thing. But i would never replace  “unlikely to get Covid” with “can’t get covid.”  Thats not how work around work.
    I grew up in San Dimas. If someone asked me what city I grew up in and I felt a stutter, I’d say “just outside Los Angeles” and not a made up city that isn’t real.

That said, I don’t think he believes you can’t get covid if vaxxed. He was probably generally speaking, in probability. It’s more of a reflection on the interview and the media than Biden on how they didn’t even bother to question or follow up.
    Post edited by mace1229 on
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,539
    I agree with this...

Rick Dennison out as Vikings assistant coach after refusing to receive COVID-19 vaccine

• Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,748
    Big news coming out of my province today. July 30th all restrictions will be lifted. Feels amazing to finally have a date so close. 
This discussion has been closed.