Options

2022 North American rumour thread

Comments

• Options
    ianh42ianh42 Posts: 200
    All the progress made over the last few months seems to have people think that things are back to normal, but we are seeing there not. I'm just hopeful Ohana still happens and coming to grips with the fact that Spring 2022 is the absolute earliest for a full tour of any sort. 
    Living in a SOLAT...SJ 11/95 SD 11/95 BB 10/96 Oak 11/97 SD 7/98 LA 7/98 BB 10/99 LV 10/00 San B 10/00 Irvine 6/03 SD 6/03 LA 7/06 Fonda 7/06 SB 7/06 DC 6/08 LA 9-30 10-6 & 10-7-09 SD 10-9-09 SD 11/13 LA1&2 11/13 MIL 10/14 OHANA FEST 2016, 2017, 2019, 2021 (EV, PJ and PJ Encore 1) SD 5/3/22 LA 5/6/22 LA 5/7/22 Fresno 5/16/22

ISO Tickets for Los Angeles both nights...I got shut out of the 2024 Ten Club tickets :-(
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,888
    ianh42 said:
    All the progress made over the last few months seems to have people think that things are back to normal, but we are seeing there not. I'm just hopeful Ohana still happens and coming to grips with the fact that Spring 2022 is the absolute earliest for a full tour of any sort. 
    What isn't back to normal?  Literally everything is open pretty much mask free. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,575
    Not for long because we have to protect idiots that refuse to protect themselves. 
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,166
    mcgruff10 said:
    ianh42 said:

https://globalnews.ca/news/8032582/covid-los-angeles-masks/

• Options
    So one county in the us is requiring you to wear a mask indoors, however everything is still open.  So besides wearing a mask in one county in the us what isn’t normal?
  • Options
    Give it a week. 
  • Options
    DEGBTIDEGBTI san diego Posts: 918
    Zod said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    ianh42 said:

not sure where everyone else lives but here in my area, San Diego, no way people will listen to any mask mandate. That ship has sailed. Life is back to normal and no effin way its going to happen on a large scale at least here. Again, this is the only place I ever even here covid. Not to belittle other countries, but I am talking about here. Its done and over. If you don't vax, power to you. I personally am and not looking back. 
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,495
    mcgruff10 said:
    So one county in the us is requiring you to wear a mask indoors, however everything is still open.  So besides wearing a mask in one county in the us what isn’t normal?
    Foo Fighters just cancelled a show... Red Sox / Yankees series cancelled this weekend... Roger Daltrey cancelled his US tour only a few weeks after announcing it. 

Is that normal? 

Maybe these interruptions will get fewer and further between, or maybe as more things reopen / people return to pre-pandemic life we see more of these interruptions... only time will tell.

• Options
    lmckenney24lmckenney24 Posts: 1,930
    edited July 2021
    DEGBTI said:
    Zod said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    ianh42 said:

not sure where everyone else lives but here in my area, San Diego, no way people will listen to any mask mandate. That ship has sailed. Life is back to normal and no effin way its going to happen on a large scale at least here. Again, this is the only place I ever even here covid. Not to belittle other countries, but I am talking about here. Its done and over. If you don't vax, power to you. I personally am and not looking back. 
    Same here in Georgia (no suprise).

I am fully vaxed and 100% will not look back, regardless. I personally won't change what I am doing to protect someone who has had ample opportunities to protect themselves. 
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    Foo Fighters just cancelled a show... Red Sox / Yankees series cancelled this weekend... Roger Daltrey cancelled his US tour only a few weeks after announcing it. 

Is that normal? 

Maybe these interruptions will get fewer and further between, or maybe as more things reopen / people return to pre-pandemic life we see more of these interruptions... only time will tell.

At this point What isn’t open? 
  • Options
    DEGBTI said:
    Zod said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    ianh42 said:

Well said.   
  • Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,631
    DEGBTI said:
    Zod said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    ianh42 said:

Same here in Georgia (no suprise).

I am fully vaxed and 100% will not look back, regardless. I personally won't change what I am doing to protect someone who has had ample opportunities to protect themselves. 
    Agreed.  There will be some instances of COVID affecting life randomly for the next few years.

The lockdowns, mask mandates, etc will just not be enforced or followed by the masses, Vaxxed and non Vaxxed, at this point.  That ship has long sailed.  
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • Options
    The masses won’t have a say in crowd size restrictions. 
  • Options
    ComeToTX said:
    The masses won’t have a say in crowd size restrictions. 
    Yup. 
  • Options
    Someone explain to me the difference between playing arena/sheds and two festivals that are entirely GA where everyone which will be jam packed.  
  • Options
    SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,541
    Ventilation, silly boy, you know that! Airborne disease....
  • Options
    yet the nhl/nba playoffs had no covid breaks outs in jam packed arenas.  So what again is the difference? 
  • Options
    drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,391
    We are on a one way train at this point. Destination? Freedom lol. 

No way people will be willing or forced to take a step back at this point. Covid is with us forever, so be it. Number of car accidents/deaths every year is just as concerning, but driving is alive and well. 
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Options
    OP. Can we change the title thread to Covid Talk at this point 
  • Options
    Ugggghhhh….car accidents still not contagious and we have laws to reduce them. 
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,433
    I think everyone here makes valid points.  But at the end of the day, the only thing that matters is what Pearl Jam thinks about touring.  If they are going to hold off there’s not much for us to do about it but be patient.  
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    on2legs said:
    I think everyone here makes valid points.  But at the end of the day, the only thing that matters is what Pearl Jam thinks about touring.  If they are going to hold off there’s not much for us to do about it but be patient.  
    The cure is more merch
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Options
    ComeToTX said:
    Ugggghhhh….car accidents still not contagious and we have laws to reduce them. 
    Flaws in every argument :giggle:
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Options
    on2legs said:
    The cure is more merch
    😂
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,921
    We're calling for civil war now? Can't imagine why the band isn't eager to get back on stage in front of some of you. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    edited July 2021
    Every time I think comments on this board can't be topped.
    Civil war?

...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    Covid, is, was, and never will be a real threat to humanity.  It is a sham and being exploited to stage a 2022 lockdown (again for voting purposes).  Quite frankly, Civil War is a better option than lockdowns.  

They gonna reschedule or hold our money until retirement?
    I’m all for people being entitled to their own conspiracy theories, but… We had a record number of people vote in the last election despite a pandemic.  At least have a logical conspiracy theory. 

• Options
    jimjam1982jimjam1982 AZ Posts: 1,222
    on2legs said:
    Covid, is, was, and never will be a real threat to humanity.  It is a sham and being exploited to stage a 2022 lockdown (again for voting purposes).  Quite frankly, Civil War is a better option than lockdowns.  

I’m all for people being entitled to their own conspiracy theories, but… We had a record number of people vote in the last election despite a pandemic.  At least have a logical conspiracy theory. 
    Sure "record number" - mostly proven to be unregistered votes and votes counted twice but go on. Easier to cheat when people are at home. Just the facts.
  • Options
    jimjam1982jimjam1982 AZ Posts: 1,222
    JimmyV said:
    We're calling for civil war now? Can't imagine why the band isn't eager to get back on stage in front of some of you. 
    By no means calling for it but freedom won't be abridged again.  Can't re-cork this thing.
  • Options
    on2legs said:

Sure "record number" - mostly proven to be unregistered votes and votes counted twice but go on. Easier to cheat when people are at home. Just the facts.
    lol
This discussion has been closed.