Options

psst...6/15/2021

Comments

• Options
    DrdealDrdeal Posts: 693
    My sense is that this will be sold at Target on colored vinyl...............   Listening to my Purple Ten right now.
  • Options
    ryanphishesryanphishes Posts: 586
    demetrios said:
    Merchbar just sells inventory from the band's webpage.  I often get "new merch" alerts for Phish and Pearl Jam,

The item has to be in stock on phish dry goods or here though.  If it's sold out here and phish dry goods, merchbar won't have it. 

Merchbar has out of print Grateful Dead records in their search that are out of stock.  

I don't think there is anything on Merchbar that is not available on a band's webstore.  Merchbar just culls information from band webstores and then advertises it to its own mailing list, usually too late for anything limited edition.

They are the ones who send late emails, always.
    Dallas 2013 
    Wrigley 2016 Night 1
    Wrigley 2016 Night 2
    MSG 2020
    OKC 2020

• Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,321
    I'd be acting the exact same if I didn't get one. i've gotten shut out of tones of stuff here and haven't whined once. 
    I'd be a little disappointed.  I remember missing out on sevens.  I don't get angry but I get a little disappointed if I miss out on something.

It does tend to make one get a little more OCD about checking the notifications on their phone... lol.
  • Options
    anakin_pdxanakin_pdx Posts: 389
    MedozK said:

The listing says - Limit 1 per order. No quantity limit, while supplies last. So as long as you did separate orders, you could order as many as you could. I am SURE many buyers bought multiples.
    This is what bothers me.  I missed it by about 10 minutes. I've been collecting many different things for years, and you win some you loose some.  I get that they aren't going to make enough for everybody.  But if it's going to be limited you should not allow people to order multiples of it.  If it's limited enough to restrict it to 10c only, then they can restrict it to 1 per member...  Who knows.  If they did I still might have missed out being 10 minutes late and then so be it.  But at least I would know a few thousand 10c members got ONE.  Not one to keep and one (or 5) to flip.
  • Options
    Red LukinRed Lukin Canada Posts: 2,994
    'This is the first time the album has been available on the format since its original release'

The 2016 release doesn't count?
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,699
    Red Lukin said:
    'This is the first time the album has been available on the format since its original release'

The 2016 release doesn't count?
    That's what happens when you copy and paste release notes. 
  • Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,314
    Santos’ post was at 2.51am AUS time, the email came through at 3.05am. 

No chance at all...again...
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,094
    Sorry but this is complete and utter bullshit. Its not even about missing out as I have an original pressing of no code. It’s the trend of the band & 10c basically promoting flipping. Not to mention I’m sure they will offer copies through an auction that will sell at some astronomical price. Some of us have to work all day for a living. Receiving an email late in the day just to click and see it’s sold out is fucking bullshit. I love colored/clear vinyl and would’ve loved to spin my favorite record on clear vinyl but had no chance at it unless I want to go to the eBay.  This is just an ugly trend for merch and is starting to feel like the PJ “brand” is becoming bigger than it should. Oh well, congrats to those that lucked out and got one. 

Btw, fuck off to every single asshole that already has it listed on eBay.
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,648
    Just seeing this now.   Bummer.  

• Options
    DrdealDrdeal Posts: 693
    My sense is that this will be sold at Target on colored vinyl...............   Listening to my clear vinyl UFO Mother Mary 10" single I got at RSD now.  (Mike likes UFO....)
  • Options
    BK5403BK5403 Posts: 50
    JackD. said:
    @Santos L. Halper Is this really mastered by Bob Ludwig for vinyl? Or by one of his employees? Bob stepped down from mastering vinyl some time ago. If he really did this release, it would be huge.
     Yeah, my understanding is that Bob Ludwig doesn’t master analog or cut vinyl. He does master or “Pre-master” digital files that are then sent to someone to master/cut the lacquer. The nomenclature can get a little confusing, but the takeaway is if Bob Ludwig’s name is on it, the record was cut from a digital file.

This probably belongs on another thread, but I wish Pearl Jam would cut records AAA from whichever of their catalog is on analog tape. That said, I’ve been looking for years to figure out which of their albums have analog masters and I haven’t found a definitive answer. I’ve only seen bits and pieces of info that we can try and puzzle together. 

96 Hartford | 98 MSG 1 & 2 | 00 Jones Beach | 03 MSG 1 & 2 | 06 Irving Plaza | 06 Camden | 06 E. Rutherford | 08 MSG 1 & 2 | 10 MSG 1 & 2 | 11 EV/Portland | 13 Wrigley | 13 Brooklyn 1 & 2 | 13 Hartford | 13 Portland | 13 Seattle | 14 Stockholm | 17 EV/Tennessee | 18 Missoula
  • Options
    Somewhat off topic, but does anyone own an "RL" Led Zeppelin II?

That's a great pressing and how I first learned about Bob Ludwig.
    Dallas 2013 
    Wrigley 2016 Night 1
    Wrigley 2016 Night 2
    MSG 2020
    OKC 2020

• Options
    elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,055
    anyone want a 'limited edition" purple Ten?
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209

Wish I had a two sided RL. I only have a side 1 RL with a LH (Lee Hulko) side 2. 
  • Options
    MedozK said:

Wish I had a two sided RL. I only have a side 1 RL with a LH (Lee Hulko) side 2. 
    I was lucky enough that the Zep II I got at a half price books for maybe $7 in the late 90s happened to be an RL press.

I found a second one at a small shop next door to my favotite local pizza place when I was waiting on an order a few years ago.

It was $12.  The owner didn't know what it was, so I told him to look out for them, and to charge more...in the future.
    Dallas 2013 
    Wrigley 2016 Night 1
    Wrigley 2016 Night 2
    MSG 2020
    OKC 2020

• Options
    jpdannabellejpdannabelle T. Posts: 838
    edited June 2021
    I was lucky to get one. Reading this thread I can see a lot of people are disappointed. To be upset at the band or 10c is pretty ridiculous though. They sold some records at a fair price that were made in limited quantities. Big deal. Does that really justify crucifying them? When I get mine in the mail I’ll be listing it here for my cost including the shipping I paid which is $60 cad plus whatever it costs to ship to the buyer. So no loss or gain to me. I think it’s pretty silly that some people are that upset over this. I don’t want it or need it that badly. Hopefully I can make someone happy.

EDIT: $60 cad plus shipping. The $60 will go to Operation Yellow Ribbon @elwayvedder

Post edited by jpdannabelle on
    ...........and Evelyn 

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,699
    BK5403 said:
    JackD. said:
    @Santos L. Halper Is this really mastered by Bob Ludwig for vinyl? Or by one of his employees? Bob stepped down from mastering vinyl some time ago. If he really did this release, it would be huge.
     Yeah, my understanding is that Bob Ludwig doesn’t master analog or cut vinyl. He does master or “Pre-master” digital files that are then sent to someone to master/cut the lacquer. The nomenclature can get a little confusing, but the takeaway is if Bob Ludwig’s name is on it, the record was cut from a digital file.

This probably belongs on another thread, but I wish Pearl Jam would cut records AAA from whichever of their catalog is on analog tape. That said, I’ve been looking for years to figure out which of their albums have analog masters and I haven’t found a definitive answer. I’ve only seen bits and pieces of info that we can try and puzzle together. 

I don't think anything in that era is available in pure analog.  Ed has said they got really bad advice on that front long ago.  

One would think this was mixed by BoB, mastered from digital by RL and the lacquer cut by Daniel Keieger... Basically the exact same chain as 2016.
  • Options
    MagnitudeMagnitude Posts: 392
    edited June 2021
    I was lucky to get one. Reading this thread I can see a lot of people are disappointed. To be upset at the band or 10c is pretty ridiculous though. They sold some records at a fair price that were made in limited quantities. Big deal. Does that really justify crucifying them? When I get mine in the mail I’ll be listing it here for my cost including the shipping I paid which is $60 cad plus whatever it costs to ship to the buyer. So no loss or gain to me. I think it’s pretty silly that some people are that upset over this. I don’t want it or need it that badly. Hopefully I can make someone happy.

EDIT: $60 cad plus shipping. The $60 will go to Operation Yellow Ribbon @elwayvedder

Can I dibs this now?  

Edit:  will happily pay now so money can go to OYR asap 
    Post edited by Magnitude on
    POP POP!
  • Options
    elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,055

Woah! Wow thank you. talk about taking something negative and turn it into a positive. thank you!!!
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,474
    Gutted. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    LMAO
  • Options
    jpdannabellejpdannabelle T. Posts: 838
    Magnitude said:

Can I dibs this now?  

Been getting numerous PM's, I'm not going to respond to any. I don't want to take any money now until I get it in hand. I'll list in the lost dogs forum when I get it and the first person to respond can have it. $60 to Dave and the shipping cost to me.
    ...........and Evelyn 

• Options
    MagnitudeMagnitude Posts: 392
    Magnitude said:

Can I dibs this now?  

Been getting numerous PM's, I'm not going to respond to any. I don't want to take any money now until I get it in hand. I'll list in the lost dogs forum when I get it and the first person to respond can have it. $60 to Dave and the shipping cost to me.
    Respect!  Good on you to do this 🤘
    POP POP!
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,933
    on2legs said:
    Gutted. 
    +1
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,881
    I live here and decided to tune out today. I should have remembered it's Tuesday!
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    Loujoe said:
    I live here and decided to tune out today. I should have remembered it's Tuesday!
    I was picking up my parents at the airport when this went on sale. Life is short.  Im grateful i could miss this honestly if i think about it.  

We’ll track them down.  I always think about the guy who paid $1000 for a white backspacer in 2009 :lol:
    Post edited by cp3iverson on
  • Options
    More CoffeeMore Coffee Posts: 591
    My very favorite Pearl Jam album. I’m super happy about this. I saw them twice during this tour- RI1 and Merriweather Post.  I remember being so excited for the Letterman appearance on TV. I remember the phone number to call for updates on the band and filling out the mailer for concert tickets. I still have my copy of the mailer and the processed check from my ticket order. I still have my shirt from the shows, the ticket stubs, and the ticket stubs from all of the other shows I’ve been to. Such great memories and a huge part of my life. 
    support The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia
    http://giving.chop.edu/site/PageServer?pagename=give_GiveTheGift
  • Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,990
    Hey @Santos L. Halper, can you confirm this is 2LPs? (Because everyone thinks this is a repress of the 2016 pressing) 
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    edited June 2021
    Hey @Santos L. Halper, can you confirm this is 2LPs? (Because everyone thinks this is a repress of the 2016 pressing) 
    No way this is a 2LP, that would be a main marketing descriptor that they would have been left out of the synopsis of the release.
  • Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,990
    Then why have a double LP photograph?