Options

psst...6/15/2021

Comments

• Options
    jammerxjammerx Posts: 72
    If I remember correctly, we somehow figured out that it would go live at midnight PST.  I was east coast at the time and that meant staying up until 3am and playing the F5 game while the site choked.  We then sat on our hands with no news until September 23rd to be told that they would finally be shipping September 27th.
  • Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,509
    Probably not the point of your post, but I will never pre order vinyl from Amazon again. I pre ordered the 3 Uncle Tupelo MOV releases in January, only to have them wait until late March to tell me that they were cancelling my order because they couldn't get them, but charging me $9.99 x 3 for digital downloads of the albums. (When I pre ordered it came with a free download)  After spending some time with their customer service people, they eventually refunded the cost of the downloads. 
  • Options
    KM73780KM73780 Posts: 1,037
    There’s still a Yield reissue available in the shop and the opening paragraph is identical (specifically remastered blah blah original packaging yada yada)
  • Options
    jammerxjammerx Posts: 72
    When I worked at Amazon 10 years ago we could look up the number of copies that were coming in from the supplier vs. the number of customer orders.  It was always really sad to see how many people were going to be disappointed for limited releases.  To a pretty high threshold Amazon would happily take customers money and hope that they could procure additional inventory. 
  • Options
    rb173565rb173565 Posts: 102
    ho hum usual story, sold out before i even hear about it. looks like some flipper will be getting my cash...... AGAIN
  • Options
    RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,373
    Can someone tell me when the bat went up, and for how long?
  • Options
    NeilJamNeilJam Posts: 1,191
    jammerx said:
    If I remember correctly, we somehow figured out that it would go live at midnight PST.  I was east coast at the time and that meant staying up until 3am and playing the F5 game while the site choked.  We then sat on our hands with no news until September 23rd to be told that they would finally be shipping September 27th.

Many were ready to order that box set immediately, but there was less fervor for vinyl then. It was actually still available the following morning.

Disappointed to miss the clear vinyl version of my favorite album. I have four of the original release so I skipped the 2016 pressing, but may get the regular release of this one. Which photo set will come with this and will they will be the same size? I still need set C from the original group.

As with the last pressing of Yield, I'm surprised it was not expanded to two discs. I still wish they would revisit the deluxe album box sets and give us a No Code/Yield combo set.
  • Options
    karl_chihirokarl_chihiro Posts: 430
    NeilJam said:
    jammerx said:

Many were ready to order that box set immediately, but there was less fervor for vinyl then. It was actually still available the following morning.

Disappointed to miss the clear vinyl version of my favorite album. I have four of the original release so I skipped the 2016 pressing, but may get the regular release of this one. Which photo set will come with this and will they will be the same size? I still need set C from the original group.

As with the last pressing of Yield, I'm surprised it was not expanded to two discs. I still wish they would revisit the deluxe album box sets and give us a No Code/Yield combo set.

NeilJam said:
    jammerx said:

This.

26/ 05/ 00 -Velodomo Anoeta -San Sebastián.
    02/ 09/ 06 -Azkena Rock Festival- Vitoria -Gasteiz.
    09/ 07/ 10 - BBK live -Bilbao.
    10/ 07/ 18 -Palau Sant jordi -Barcelona.

• Options
    eddieceddiec Posts: 3,837
    I get the frustration with missing out on this, but the black version is coming out at the same time, so if you don't currently own No Code, you will this summer.

I think having exclusive items, (especially with a fan base that loves its collecting), is a fun idea. Some times you get one, but more than often you miss out. At the end of the day you won't be deprived of the music, you'll just be looking at a different color. I collect a bit, and I've missed a lot of stuff. I've also had opportunities to buy items that I thought, people won't go crazy for this, only to toss it from my cart and realize later that it has sold out and its value has skyrocketed. But that's part of the excitement of collecting, and sometimes it is worth evaluating what you have, and seeking out trades for something you desire more.

That's just me.
  • Options
    Jimmydean55Jimmydean55 Posts: 1,125
    NeilJam said:

This.

Wasn’t there an interview with Stone not that long ago where he mentioned a No Code/Yield box set and he was hopeful that would happen?
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    NeilJam said:

This.

Wasn’t there an interview with Stone not that long ago where he mentioned a No Code/Yield box set and he was hopeful that would happen?

Hear that somewhere else this morning and I really wish that will happen sooner than later.
    My other album box sets are waiting for their friend to stay at my shelving.

• Options
    TravelarTravelar Kalamazoo, USA Posts: 3,359
    I vaguely recall Jeff saying in an interview a few years ago that these sets took a lot out of him and he wasn't looking forward to doing anymore of them. Although, lockdown would have been a great time for someone to tackle putting this material together. 😀
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,879
    NeilJam said:

This.

Yep. 

https://wfpk.org/2021/pearl-jams-stone-gossard-im-honestly-looking-forward-to-recording-more-music/?fbclid=IwAR31Y9uXHZNdFF1RDHrK4B-nKdHXNb9OKsgmI8Fp-ts5n3nZ7LfveE0wFHY

• Options
    demetrios said:
    NeilJam said:

This.

Yep. 

https://wfpk.org/2021/pearl-jams-stone-gossard-im-honestly-looking-forward-to-recording-more-music/?fbclid=IwAR31Y9uXHZNdFF1RDHrK4B-nKdHXNb9OKsgmI8Fp-ts5n3nZ7LfveE0wFHY

Fingers crossed.

• Options
    mikeliskamikeliska Posts: 248
    Anyone who thinks they should have pressed enough of these for every Ten Club member doesn't realize how many Ten Club members there are and that only a fraction collect records, which would leave them with thousands or tens of thousands of extra records.

I didn't get one.  I'll just get the black vinyl on 8/13.  If you are that big a collector that you have to have clear vinyl, then I bet you can afford it on ebay or sell / trade something you have to find one.

Don't press one for every member, that's silly.  Open a preorder window for a week or so for 10C members.  Explicitly state it will take a year or however long to make due to the pressing plants being backed up.  Queue up a pressing plant ahead of time "hey here's everything needed for this release, we will get you a final quantity after the presale" instead of arbitrarily pressing like 50 god damn copies of something you know your fanbase will go nuts over.

Dischord just did this exact same thing with their singles boxset and it wasn't even for a fanclub!  https://boxset.dischord.com/
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,029
    RS65573 said:
    Can someone tell me when the bat went up, and for how long?
    Hour and a half?

Most PJ fans don't like baseball apparently?
  • Options
    RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,373
    Thank you. I missed and got on eBay. LOVE the bat.
  • Options
    apirk72apirk72 Posts: 493
    Ok so you do it for a colored No Code, they then have to do it for literally every limited release?  They do it for the vaults and all you hear is bitching and complaining about shipping times.  

Dischord did it with one special box set they don’t do it with all the colored reissues they’ve been putting out this year because that would be a terrible business model.  
    If they did something really special sure I would agree with using the model they use for the Vault but just a colored reissue of an album they reissued a few years ago doesn’t seem like a good idea.
  • Options
    mikeliska said:
    Anyone who thinks they should have pressed enough of these for every Ten Club member doesn't realize how many Ten Club members there are and that only a fraction collect records, which would leave them with thousands or tens of thousands of extra records.

I didn't get one.  I'll just get the black vinyl on 8/13.  If you are that big a collector that you have to have clear vinyl, then I bet you can afford it on ebay or sell / trade something you have to find one.

Don't press one for every member, that's silly.  Open a preorder window for a week or so for 10C members.  Explicitly state it will take a year or however long to make due to the pressing plants being backed up.  Queue up a pressing plant ahead of time "hey here's everything needed for this release, we will get you a final quantity after the presale" instead of arbitrarily pressing like 50 god damn copies of something you know your fanbase will go nuts over.

Dischord just did this exact same thing with their singles boxset and it wasn't even for a fanclub!  https://boxset.dischord.com/
    They are making a black No Code right after this.

You want the record then you can get it just not the limited color one.

Bands offer "limited" vinyl all the time.  I strike out on Oh Sees records all the time and have to buy the regular release.
  • Options
    goldenegggoldenegg Posts: 367
    It would be great if we could get confirmation whether there's any difference at all with this release compared to the one released in 2016.

• Options
    JamesNJamesN Fort Lauderdale Posts: 190
    Odd that Santos still has the listing up - Usually when an item sells out (especially with this much controversy), he takes it down & moves on...
    Maybe there's (FALSE) hope another batch will be offered, or he's leaving it there to remind us how merch-crazy we are ~
    {rubbing it in a little} 😆
    Wasn't looking too good but I was feeling real well...
  • Options
    I was lucky, saw the notification on my phone as I stood up from the dinner table about to go do a bath for the kids and ran out of the room with my phone shouting "gotta go buy something" to my wife. Picked one up at 6.24pm (UK) about 17 minutes after the email hit my inbox. I've missed so many posters and vinyl and other random stuff I didn't even need on here I'm over the moon to get this one. Gutted for everyone who missed out, I know how you feel from bitter experience, it's all part of the excitement at the end of the day I guess - wouldn't be so much fun grabbing a super limited item if they weren't so limited. At least it looks like a black vinyl reissue is coming for everyone who wants to play the album and didn't get one. Good luck next time folks.
  • Options
    drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,391
    edited June 2021
    Random drops are always better than planned. Especially for limited edition items. (I did not score)
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Options
    Random drops are always better than planned. Especially for limited edition items. (I did not score)
    Usual drops are on the 10th.  This happened on the 15th a Tuesday.
  • Options
    LeMarcoLeMarco Posts: 94
    I am sure things will be cleared up. I know everyone is frustrated.  I didn't get one either.
  • Options
    drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,391
    Usual drops are on the 10th.  This happened on the 15th a Tuesday.
    ? That’s what I am saying here. I like the randomness. 
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Options
    gibbitsgibbits Posts: 500
    Honestly, the most offensive part of this was titling it a PRE-ORDER.  Pre-order suggest they are taking orders to press.  Pre-sale would suggest they have items on hand and ready to go.  

If you're doing a pre-order, do it like Jack White, open the pressing like the vaults with a cut off date.

If you're doing a pre-sale, don't call it a f****** pre-order.
  • Options
    LeMarcoLeMarco Posts: 94
    I did buy one on Ebay for another friend for his birthday.  Why don't all the owners give them away to other people, now that's an idea!!  LOL

• Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,968
    People should  give  a lot more often. 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -