Options

psst...6/15/2021

Comments

• Options
    Patrick_Sea3Patrick_Sea3 West Seattle Posts: 890
    Bullmoose has it up, it's black vinyl.

https://www.bullmoose.com/p/35147305/pearl-jam-no-code-150g

To celebrate the anniversary of No Code, we are reissuing No Code on 150-gram black vinyl. This is the first time the album has been available on the format since its original release. It features recreations of their original packaging, including the set of nine replica Polaroids/lyric cards. 

The 1996 sessions for No Code featured longtime producer Brendan O'Brien (his third consecutive collaboration with the band) and drummer Jack Irons, who’d joined the band at the end of the Vitalogy sessions. They explored new approaches to writing and recording, developing songs out of jam sessions and eschewing their stadium-grunge style for self-examining ballads, garage rock and even psychedelic sounds. No Code became the band’s third consecutive No. 1 album, with lead single "Who You Are" topping Billboard’s Modern Rock chart.

• Options
    FlavafrazFlavafraz Pennsylvania Posts: 411
    This is bull what benefits does being in ten club provide if people who got on here in first ten minutes can just buy a bunch of these and then flip them on eBay 
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,871
    I'd be acting the exact same if I didn't get one. i've gotten shut out of tones of stuff here and haven't whined once. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,607
    edited June 2021

To celebrate the anniversary of No Code, we are reissuing No Code on 150-gram black vinyl. This is the first time the album has been available on the format since its original release. It features recreations of their original packaging, including the set of nine replica Polaroids/lyric cards. 

The 1996 sessions for No Code featured longtime producer Brendan O'Brien (his third consecutive collaboration with the band) and drummer Jack Irons, who’d joined the band at the end of the Vitalogy sessions. They explored new approaches to writing and recording, developing songs out of jam sessions and eschewing their stadium-grunge style for self-examining ballads, garage rock and even psychedelic sounds. No Code became the band’s third consecutive No. 1 album, with lead single "Who You Are" topping Billboard’s Modern Rock chart.

Well, at least they copied the same info.  
    Post edited by kramer73 on
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 10,000
    I somehow got one. I never am able to grab this stuff. Saw email, hesitated but got one. Got email at 106. Ordered at 126
    I got one as well. However, I have also lost out on things in the past - so it really boils down to luck. My timing was the same as yours. My email came in at 1:06. I was just leaving the gym when I saw it. After a somewhat tense walk home, I was able to order it at 1:26. I am definitely going to open and play it. I don't have any other copies of No Code on vinyl.

• Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    edited June 2021

I would bet this will be a repress of the 2016. So to those of us that have that, it will not be worth it. But good for anyone still looking for a No Code on vinyl.
    Post edited by MedozK on
  • Options
    DM242469DM242469 Iowa Posts: 16
    MedozK said:

I would bet this will be a repress of the 2016. So to those of us that have that, it will not be worth it. But good for anyone still looking for a No Code on vinyl.
    I think it is the 2016 version as well.  
  • Options
    DM242469DM242469 Iowa Posts: 16
    Cooter said:
    DM242469 said:
    I called my local record shop owner, he said he just got an email about this release and he can order it for me.  No details on colors or different editions however.
    You mind letting us know the local record shop? They should not have gotten an email...
    I'm not sure what difference it makes, I'm pretty sure it wasn't an email from the club.
  • Options
    CooterCooter Posts: 153
    DM242469 said:
    Cooter said:
    DM242469 said:
    I called my local record shop owner, he said he just got an email about this release and he can order it for me.  No details on colors or different editions however.
    You mind letting us know the local record shop? They should not have gotten an email...
    I'm not sure what difference it makes, I'm pretty sure it wasn't an email from the club.
    Because labels have embargoes. They get pissed when things leak. Just trying to find out which distributor sent the email as most stores buy from the all of the ones still standing.
  • Options
    pantelis79pantelis79 Posts: 156
    I got the email on time. I put the album in my cart and saw that I would be charged $32 for the record and $29 for shipping. As I live in Greece, when in my mind I added the extra $25 that I would be charged for income tax, I said to myself "do you need to pay $85 for a vinyl record?", removed it from my cart and continued my life. Shipping to the US cost $9.4, I believe. I know the band is from the US, but for me the shop is almost dead because of astronomical shipping costs and very high income taxes. Please make a European store that is not a joke for us European fans.
    2006/09/30 Athens, 2007/06/12 Muenchen, 2007/06/13 Katowice, 2007/06/18 London, 2009/08/13 Rotterdam, 2009/08/15 Berlin, 2010/06/30 Berlin, 2010/07/10 Lisbon, 2011/09/03 Alpine Valley, 2011/09/04 Alpine Valley, 2012/07/07 Stockholm, 2012/07/08 Oslo, 2012/07/10 Copenhagen, 2014/06/16 Amsterdam, 2014/06/17 Amsterdam, 2018/06/18 London, 2018/07/01 Prague, 2018/07/03 Krakow, 2018/07/05 Berlin...
  • Options
    drfoxdrfox Posts: 1,095
    Know it’s frustrating for those of you that missed. Given the reaction on this, it’s going to be an absolute bloodbath on the posters when the tour restarts from September. 
  • Options
    TravelarTravelar Kalamazoo, USA Posts: 3,365
    Thanks! 
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    drfox said:
    Know it’s frustrating for those of you that missed. Given the reaction on this, it’s going to be an absolute bloodbath on the posters when the tour restarts from September. 
    It always has been for posters. That is why they kinda went to random release days. This is no different than most releases from 10C, I remember lucking up and being online one night when they put the white backspacer up.
  • Options
    PJ-CubsPJ-Cubs Posts: 3,293
    drfox said:
    Based on availability at the 2018 ballpark shows, they have figured out that they should print lots of posters.
  • Options
    EnzedEnzed NZ Posts: 480
    I got the email on time. I put the album in my cart and saw that I would be charged $32 for the record and $29 for shipping. As I live in Greece, when in my mind I added the extra $25 that I would be charged for income tax, I said to myself "do you need to pay $85 for a vinyl record?", removed it from my cart and continued my life. Shipping to the US cost $9.4, I believe. I know the band is from the US, but for me the shop is almost dead because of astronomical shipping costs and very high income taxes. Please make a European store that is not a joke for us European fans.
    I'm with you.  I'm pretty much done buying vinyl from the US, especially from PJ, because the costs have got out of hand.  This has happened multiple times recently, with the last Vault, the Mudhoney reissue, Smashing Pumpkins thing...when postage is more than the item they can GTFO.
    Auckland 1 1995
    Auckland 1998
    EV (Neil Finn and Friends, April 2, 2001)
    Auckland 2009
    Auckland 2014
  • Options
    Of The AggieOf The Aggie The ATX Posts: 1,499
    Why oh why do they reissue the same album again when there has been no reissue of Live on Two Legs, Lost Dogs, or Rearviewmirror?? I got the previous No Code reissue and was disappointed at the lyric change in Who You Are so I am not upset I missed out on this reissue without first seeing if it's the original take of the song.
  • Options
    JV130312JV130312 STATE OF LOVE & TRUST Posts: 2,415
    Flavafraz said:
    This is bull what benefits does being in ten club provide if people who got on here in first ten minutes can just buy a bunch of these and then flip them on eBay 
    Was wondering the same.  
    I Know All The Rules But The Rules Do Not Know Me.
  • Options
    nicky-p38nicky-p38 Posts: 394
    JV130312 said:
    Flavafraz said:
    Was wondering the same.  
    Agree. Really not understanding why there was no quantity limit. 
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,322
    nicky-p38 said:
    JV130312 said:
    Flavafraz said:
    Was wondering the same.  
    Was it a mistake?  Didn't the e-mail or the ad say 1 copy per person. Maybe someone forgot to flip it on. I guess the question would be how many people figured out it wasn't limited and got an order in for multiples?
  • Options
    Zod said:
    nicky-p38 said:
    JV130312 said:
    Flavafraz said:
    Was wondering the same.  
    Was it a mistake?  Didn't the e-mail or the ad say 1 copy per person. Maybe someone forgot to flip it on. I guess the question would be how many people figured out it wasn't limited and got an order in for multiples?
    The email did not specify. 
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,322
    nicky-p38 said:
    Zod said:
    nicky-p38 said:
    JV130312 said:
    Flavafraz said:
    Was wondering the same.  
    sorry, it was on the product page where it said limit of 1.
  • Options
    darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,488
    Parksy said:
    The Frustrating Stages of Pearl Jam Merch

Stage One:  Knowledge of new item.  (Orgasmic Joy and Panic Freakout)
    Stage Two (A): Purchase item.  (I imagine it's more Orgasmic Joy, but I wouldn't know because of...)
    Stage Two (B): Sold Out.  (You C&#^  S&%*#($   Mo%^#$   Fu$%*&@   As$(^)   Sonofa$%*!#)  F&%@!
    Stage Two (C) Item in Cart and then you see shipping $. (You C&#^  S&%*#($   Mo%^#$   Fu$%*&@   As$(^)   Sonofa$%*!#)  F&%@!
    Stage Three: Go to forum to unload frustration. (Rage)
    Stage Four: Relief that you saved some money and won't have to explain expense to spouse. (Minor consolation prize)
    Stage Five: You look at the item again and want it even more. (Rage x2)
    Stage Six: You see other people on the forum who  were lucky enough to get it. (FU&^%#% Co@$^&*##$) 
    Stage Seven: You see the item on Ebay for 500% more. (Rage x3)
    Stage Eight: You pledge to be done with 10C.
    Stage Nine: You come to the realization that you're stuck in an emotionally abusive relationship that you don't have the will to leave.
    Stage Ten: Repeat a few months later. 

"I'm in an abusive relationship with life. It beats the hell out of me but I'm too afraid to leave it." - Homer J. Simpson
  • Options
    PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    So a presale item that quantities can be made to order are limited to 1 per member, but limited item in stock is not 1 per member??
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • Options
    Zod said:
    nicky-p38 said:
    JV130312 said:
    Flavafraz said:
    Was wondering the same.  
    The listing says - Limit 1 per order. No quantity limit, while supplies last. So as long as you did separate orders, you could order as many as you could. I am SURE many buyers bought multiples.
  • Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,635
    +1 on the Clear vinyl.  Cool to see that very fairly priced at 32 bucks, thanks!
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • Options
    FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,166
    Flavafraz said:
    I can see multiple orders getting cancelled tbh.
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,413
    Cooter said:
    DM242469 said:
    Cooter said:
    DM242469 said:
    Because labels have embargoes. They get pissed when things leak. Just trying to find out which distributor sent the email as most stores buy from the all of the ones still standing.
    Isn’t it probable they received an email from their distributor, signaling a wider release? Embargoes?!?!?!😂😂😂 
  • Options
    Zod said:
    nicky-p38 said:
    Zod said:
    nicky-p38 said:
    JV130312 said:
    Flavafraz said:
    Was wondering the same.  
    sorry, it was on the product page where it said limit of 1.
    Yes. It said 1 per order. No quantity limit.