Options

Taylor Swift

Comments

• Options
    COME TO SWEDEN TAYTAY
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,420
    I'm not really into her music but I have nothing but praise for her. There's a song here & there that'll catch my ear but overall it's just not my bag. Definitely have to give her props for the whole Taylor's Version project. Take what's yours, girl!
  • Options
    hihobibohihobibo Tampa, FL Posts: 1,063
    Waitlisted for the verified fan...this is why I despise TM. I used to always be able to buy tickets for shows, I am quick on clicking, and don't use any type of program to enhance my purchase. Now, all shows that are in demand, I get put on a wait list, or get held in a queue for 30-45 minutes. 
  • Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,528
    My two adult daughters are trying to get tickets today. I gave them all the pointers I know about navigating the ticket purchasing process and how to make it as fast possible on check out. Hopefully they score a couple, I get the feeling it will be a poop show.
  • Options
    jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,860
    edited November 2022
    My two adult daughters are trying to get tickets today. I gave them all the pointers I know about navigating the ticket purchasing process and how to make it as fast possible on check out. Hopefully they score a couple, I get the feeling it will be a poop show.
    Good luck to your girls. I'm trying to help my sis get tix for her daugher/my niece. Earlier this morning I gave her a prep course on increasing odds on buying tickets and found myself on multiple occasions prefacing explanations with "Remember, Ticketmaster sucks", LOL. Looks like Taylor may have crashed TM's site. There's currently a message for the Nashville queue "The Queue Has Been Temporarily Paused" - I've never seen that before.
  • Options
    jjflash said:
     There's currently a message for the Nashville queue "The Queue Has Been Temporarily Paused" - I've never seen that before.
    I saw it for Metallica before. I think when they have too many people in waiting room and in the purchase portal, they pause it to make sure the site doesn't crash. The Metallica show took me 45 minutes to get through and buy...for a 7,000 seat theatre in Ft. Lauderdale. 
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    jjflash said:
    Good luck to your girls. I'm trying to help my sis get tix for her daugher/my niece. Earlier this morning I gave her a prep course on increasing odds on buying tickets and found myself on multiple occasions prefacing explanations with "Remember, Ticketmaster sucks", LOL. Looks like Taylor may have crashed TM's site. There's currently a message for the Nashville queue "The Queue Has Been Temporarily Paused" - I've never seen that before.
    Also trying to help our nieces. Spoke to them last night and tried my best to give them advice. One of them said "this is ridiculous, Uncle Matt. These should be easy to get." I said that she was right and couldn't really say much else. LOL.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    hihobibo said:
    jjflash said:
     There's currently a message for the Nashville queue "The Queue Has Been Temporarily Paused" - I've never seen that before.
    I saw it for Metallica before. I think when they have too many people in waiting room and in the purchase portal, they pause it to make sure the site doesn't crash. The Metallica show took me 45 minutes to get through and buy...for a 7,000 seat theatre in Ft. Lauderdale. 
    Good to know, thanks. Queue has been paused for 50+ minutes so far....
  • Options
    mfc2006 said:
    jjflash said:
    Also trying to help our nieces. Spoke to them last night and tried my best to give them advice. One of them said "this is ridiculous, Uncle Matt. These should be easy to get." I said that she was right and couldn't really say much else. LOL.
    We're in the same boat, my friend. My sis said "I can't believe you go thru this all the time to get concert tickets." I can't say she's wrong;)
    There's a whole lotta grade school girls across the U.S. feverishly waiting with concealed phones in classrooms for queues to open back up - not much learning going on, haha.
  • Options
    PJ1973PJ1973 Winston-Salem, NC Posts: 406
    edited November 2022
    My daughters have heard me say it, but today they finally feel what "Ticketmaster sucks" is all about.

They grow up so fast...
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,471
    hihobibo said:
    jjflash said:

Thanks for posting this info.  I was trying to get tickets for my daughter and her friends and I was stuck in the queue for like 2 hours without it moving at one point.  If I hadn't seen your post I might have bailed.  I was able to get 4 tickets for them at Metlife Stadium.  Thank you!
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    edited November 2022
    jjflash said:
    They were successful! They picked up a couple of tickets to one of the Atlanta shows. One of them lives in South Carolina and the other one in Illinois, so it will be a sister road trip.
    Post edited by JeBurkhardt on
  • Options

They were successful! They picked up a couple of tickets to one of the Atlanta shows. One of them lives in South Carolina and the other one in Illinois, so it will be a sister road trip.
    Good for them - I was trying for the Atlanta shows for my girls. Still in queue!
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,436
    Taylor Swift is doing 5 nights at Sofi Stadium in Los Angeles.   I have been going to concerts for over 40 years, and I don't recall anyone doing such a long run of stadium shows in one city.
  • Options
    lexicondevillexicondevil Bay Area Posts: 1,917
    Too bad other bands didn't stand with Pearl Jam back then. Maybe TM wouldn't have such a monopoly to create this type of shat show.
    1991- Hollywood Palladium, California with Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains -RIP Magazine Show Oct. 6th
    1992- Lollapalooza, Irvine, California
    Nothing since then. I suck.
    2016- Fenway Park, Boston - Both glorious nights
    2022- Oakland Night 2
  • Options
    eddieceddiec Posts: 3,840
    When did the TM queue thing start?
    I first noticed it when I went for Bruce tickets. I used to have a decent system down, but this queue thing is crap. Also, when I recently went for tickets, (can't even remember the show), I hit buy tickets a few minutes early just to see what the next screen would look like. This was about 5 or 10 minutes before they went on sale. The page said something like, tickets aren't on sale yet but you can join the queue. That's crazy. I thought it would at least start the second they went on sale. 
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,667
    My wife is trying to get tickets for my brother's daughter....she is a club level season ticket holder at a venue and gets a special sale access tomorrow but I'm betting that is fucked as well.
    TM rules.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    eddiec said:
    When did the TM queue thing start?
    I first noticed it when I went for Bruce tickets. I used to have a decent system down, but this queue thing is crap. Also, when I recently went for tickets, (can't even remember the show), I hit buy tickets a few minutes early just to see what the next screen would look like. This was about 5 or 10 minutes before they went on sale. The page said something like, tickets aren't on sale yet but you can join the queue. That's crazy. I thought it would at least start the second they went on sale. 

They put you in a waiting room starting about 10 minutes before tickets go on sale.  Once the tickets go live, they randomly assign everyone in the waiting room a spot in the queue. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    My daughter who got tickets, got right in with a queue number of 800, chose the tickets and was out in 15 minutes. I told her it was the equivalent of winning the lottery. 
  • Options
    Friend got tickets but was in the virtual line for 6 hours for Atlanta!
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    Friend got tickets but was in the virtual line for 6 hours for Atlanta!
    Got tickets after being in line for 5.5 hours for the 5/5 Nashville show.
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,151
    Our sitter got tickets to Arrowhead. Her daughter is an OG Swifty. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    What were the prices?

A coworker of mine got through in Tampa, after a 3+ hour wait, and said floor were $850, 2nd level (club level) were $350 and upper deck were $136. I don't know if that included fees or not, but I'm guessing no, since she was very unfamiliar with how to buy tickets.

Just seeing how much they fluctuated or if this was face value. 
  • Options
    I finally got in to buy tickets after about five hours in the queue - put tickets in my cart three times and was timed out before purchasing all three times. Then there were no tickets left. Ridiculous, but par for the course with Ticketmaster.

I was looking at tickets in 300 level for $109 before fees. I saw some 200 level seats for $200ish. 100 and Floor seats were starting at $600 and going up from there. Didn't notice dynamic pricing or resales, so far, but a lot of the 'packages' that they use to hike up prices.
  • Options
    We paid $241 each all in with fees for 4 tickets on the 2nd level at Metlife.  Lower level was too pricey… like $385 and up plus fees.  And the upper level is just too far removed.   So second level was the sweet spot between price and location. 

• Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,218
    PJ1973 said:
    I finally got in to buy tickets after about five hours in the queue - put tickets in my cart three times and was timed out before purchasing all three times. Then there were no tickets left. Ridiculous, but par for the course with Ticketmaster.

I was looking at tickets in 300 level for $109 before fees. I saw some 200 level seats for $200ish. 100 and Floor seats were starting at $600 and going up from there. Didn't notice dynamic pricing or resales, so far, but a lot of the 'packages' that they use to hike up prices.
    Makes PJ getting so many 10C Tickets for this last tour look even better. I wonder how much PJ had to give up to get all those 10C tickets for us.  I bet they left a lot of money on the table.

the only solution for the demand for Taylor Swift tickets is a full on lottery.  This ticketmaster method doesn't work with such huge demand. Not sure what else could be done when demand is so high.   
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,436
    Did anyone purchase tickets from the Capital One presale?  If so, were you required to register for the verified fan deal in order to make the purchase?
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,321
    lol it totally sucks for her fans! Artist/bands have to push back on TM and we know they never will. I refuse to pay extravagant prices for any bands/artist, 1975 walked up to ticket window Nassau coliseum day tickets went on sale for Led Zeppelin $15 for a ticket 😂😂😂
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,321
    I'm not actually sure what pushing back on TM does.  The demand for tickets doesn't change.  Artists trying to make more from their live shows (as recorded music doesn't make much money) isn't going away.  Non TM ticketing agencies (the few that exist) also use platinum pricing.

If all the tickets sell, then fans got tickets?   

I think the big thing over the last 50 years is how the demand for the live experience has constantly increased.    Put all those tickets on sale the classic way.  Low prices, all at once, no waiting rooms or verified fan, and people would just complain they sold out in 30 seconds.

Not much you can do when everyone tries to do the same thing at the same time.   If the demand is so high it's causing TM servers to crash, I think that's pretty high demand.   TM's used to be the least likely to go down from a traffic surge.   When 10c tickets used to be sold directly from 10c, it took a mild breeze to bring the site to it's knees :)
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,321
    Zod said:
    I'm not actually sure what pushing back on TM does.  The demand for tickets doesn't change.  Artists trying to make more from their live shows (as recorded music doesn't make much money) isn't going away.  Non TM ticketing agencies (the few that exist) also use platinum pricing.

If all the tickets sell, then fans got tickets?   

I think the big thing over the last 50 years is how the demand for the live experience has constantly increased.    Put all those tickets on sale the classic way.  Low prices, all at once, no waiting rooms or verified fan, and people would just complain they sold out in 30 seconds.

Not much you can do when everyone tries to do the same thing at the same time.   If the demand is so high it's causing TM servers to crash, I think that's pretty high demand.   TM's used to be the least likely to go down from a traffic surge.   When 10c tickets used to be sold directly from 10c, it took a mild breeze to bring the site to it's knees :)
    I hear you, TM has the music industry by the balls there’s not many arena’s that are not under contract with TM! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....