Options

Taylor Swift

12346»

Comments

• Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    What a fun season! I hope their relationship goes the distance! Cheering for love! 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,303
    What a fun season! I hope their relationship goes the distance! Cheering for love! 
    ❤️ agreed 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    How long can she go fake-caring about football though.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    JT167846JT167846 Posts: 820
    Her family are Eagles fans. I'd say she was brought up watching them and knows her shit.
    Stars are suns to other people.

Wellington 1998
    London 2007
    Brisbane 2009
    Stockholm 2012
    Amsterdam 1 & 2 2014
    EV Dublin 2017
    Milan 2018
    Padova 2018
    Boston 2 2018
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,736
    edited February 13

As long as it keeps the focus of the world on her oh-so-famous self.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    JT167846 said:
    Her family are Eagles fans. I'd say she was brought up watching them and knows her shit.

Why couldn't she just be a horrormovie geek like a normal person
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    lexicondevillexicondevil Bay Area Posts: 1,896
    JT167846 said:
    I really dig the Eagles. I think "Desperado" may be my favorite song.
    1991- Hollywood Palladium, California with Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains -RIP Magazine Show Oct. 6th
    1992- Lollapalooza, Irvine, California
    Nothing since then. I suck.
    2016- Fenway Park, Boston - Both glorious nights
    2022- Oakland Night 2
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    one of the receptionists at my daughter's orthodontist appointment the other day was wearing a "Go Taylor's Boyfriend" shirt on. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    BF25394BF25394 Posts: 3,297
    People have happy marriages for decades by pretending to care about things that are important to their spouses.

I would say she genuinely cares about the game because she cares about the person she's there to support. She's not a celebrity being handed tickets who is there to be seen or because it's the hot event. Is anyone up in arms that Lady Gaga, Beyonce and Jay-Z, two New Yorkers and a Houstonian, were at the San Francisco-Kansas City Super Bowl in Las Vegas? 
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • Options
    brianlux said:

Bad take. Her prior relationship was six years long, and they were almost invisible to the public eye during that time. She's not attending these games to be seen. She's attending the games to support her boyfriend. If she were not dating Travis Kelce, she wouldn't have been at the Super Bowl. She doesn't need the NFL to keep the world's focus on her, even if that were what she wanted. She just won her unprecedented fourth Album-of-the-Year Grammy. She routinely has a half-dozen of the top 20 albums on the chart. She has released nine albums in under five years, five of which are brand-new full studio albums. She works her ass off in the studio and on stage to earn the following that she has. We're here as members of the fan club for a band that will have released two albums in the span in which she has released five (or nine). They are playing 11 two-hour-and-fifteen-minute shows over 27 days across the West in arenas. She played six three-and-a-half-hour shows in seven nights in one city at a football stadium in August in L.A. She just played four straight nights at the Tokyo Dome. She's not in this relationship for the attention of random people. She already has people's attention because of her work.
  • Options
    And the title is related to an Ex-boyfriend.  Like her music, but talk about beating a dead horse.  Songwriting is a 9, voice is a 6.   
    A lot of the commentary about Taylor Swift is really just commentary on the commentary about Taylor Swift. The funny thing is that Taylor Swift has never said that any of her songs are about any specific person. Every purported connection between a song and a specific person is speculation. Besides, musicians have been writing about their romantic travails for as long as there has been music. No one seemed to mind when Bob Dylan wrote songs about his exes. No one seemed to mind when Ed wrote "Black."

And as far as beating a dead horse is concerned, her last three studio albums are full of songs telling stories about made-up characters. The biggest hit from her most recent album was not about a romantic relationship. No one has even heard anything from the new record yet to be able to see that she's beating a dead horse. Christ, even Lover was full of songs about the joys of being in love, not about breakups.

• Options
    JT167846 said:
    Man can you put on something else. I can’t stand the fucking Eagles
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,736
    BF25394 said:
    brianlux said:

Bad take. Her prior relationship was six years long, and they were almost invisible to the public eye during that time. She's not attending these games to be seen. She's attending the games to support her boyfriend. If she were not dating Travis Kelce, she wouldn't have been at the Super Bowl. She doesn't need the NFL to keep the world's focus on her, even if that were what she wanted. She just won her unprecedented fourth Album-of-the-Year Grammy. She routinely has a half-dozen of the top 20 albums on the chart. She has released nine albums in under five years, five of which are brand-new full studio albums. She works her ass off in the studio and on stage to earn the following that she has. We're here as members of the fan club for a band that will have released two albums in the span in which she has released five (or nine). They are playing 11 two-hour-and-fifteen-minute shows over 27 days across the West in arenas. She played six three-and-a-half-hour shows in seven nights in one city at a football stadium in August in L.A. She just played four straight nights at the Tokyo Dome. She's not in this relationship for the attention of random people. She already has people's attention because of her work.

To be honest, I really don't care.  It's just odd and/or humorous to me when masses of people gush over someone they really don't know, and then come up with some silly name like "Swifty". 
    But this is nothing new.  Little girls used to cry and scream over the Beatles.  And I remember my mother swooning over Al Jolson and would often break into tears when she heard him singing on the radio.  I appreciate that she unwittingly instilled a bit of my skepticism about that sort of thing.  :lol:     
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    and she seems (at least to me) like a real person, who is still (unbelievably) grounded. not some pretentious pop star. she writes her own music and lyrics. they don't seem to be manufactured to have the "biggest hook" with big name producers. I think this is what really resonates with people and why she's so huge. She seems genuinely likeable, talented, and humble. People gravitate to that, since it's so rare at that level. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,029
    edited February 15
    brianlux said:

To be honest, I really don't care.  It's just odd and/or humorous to me when masses of people gush over someone they really don't know, and then come up with some silly name like "Swifty". 
    Jamily
    The Faithful
    180-euros-a-ticket clubbers

Other artists have silly names going around too.
  • Options
    lexicondevillexicondevil Bay Area Posts: 1,896
    JT167846 said:
    Completely understandable. I say the same thing when someone plays The Beatles.
    1991- Hollywood Palladium, California with Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains -RIP Magazine Show Oct. 6th
    1992- Lollapalooza, Irvine, California
    Nothing since then. I suck.
    2016- Fenway Park, Boston - Both glorious nights
    2022- Oakland Night 2
  • Options
    JT167846 said:
    Completely understandable. I say the same thing when someone plays The Beatles.

• Options
    marjenmarjen CT Posts: 804
    Big day tomorrow. New Pearl Jam and New Taylor Swift!  Where I am going to find the time to digest both?!
  • Options
    JT167846JT167846 Posts: 820
    My wife and I just picked up DM and the four variants of TTPD. Hilarious note-on the receipt TTPD is listed as Joe Alwyn 😂😂😂
    Stars are suns to other people.

Wellington 1998
    London 2007
    Brisbane 2009
    Stockholm 2012
    Amsterdam 1 & 2 2014
    EV Dublin 2017
    Milan 2018
    Padova 2018
    Boston 2 2018
  • Options
    CarryTheZeroCarryTheZero Posts: 2,139
    My friend just texted me and she dropped a surprise double album?
  • Options
    My friend just texted me and she dropped a surprise double album?
    Yup. 31 songs over two hours! Pearl Jam is up first this morning as they are the elders lol. 
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,029
    Three songs in, and I feel like I have heard this sound and these songs too much. No rush to get through it all. AND I LOVE TAYTAY
  • Options
    jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MN Posts: 2,402
    edited April 20
    Three songs in, and I feel like I have heard this sound and these songs too much. No rush to get through it all. AND I LOVE TAYTAY
    Agreed. I bailed on it after 10 songs or so. I had a feeling with each song that I had heard it before. Wife had the same thought. Might let it sit for a bit and give it another go. She’s had a solid run with the last few albums. Maybe it was time for a clunker. 
  • Options
    Agreed. I bailed on it after 10 songs or so. I had a feeling with each song that I had heard it before. Wife had the same thought. Might let it sit for a bit and give it another go. She’s had a solid run with the last few albums. Maybe it was time for a clunker. 
    The first few very much sound like midnights leftovers but it gets a lot better. I feel the second album is much better. Finally gets away from the synth sound. So high school is a great song. The last 15 sound very folklore evermore like. 

Haven’t even gotten through all the songs once, going to take a bit to digest it all. I blame PJ, dark matter is better than expected so played that through several times first today. 
  • Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,955
    Disc 2 is so much better than disc 1. That being said, disc 1 isn’t bad. Just a rehash of the non bop Midnights stuff. There are some pretty good songs there. 
  • Options
    curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Brigadoon, foodie capital Posts: 3,254
    one of the receptionists at my daughter's orthodontist appointment the other day was wearing a "Go Taylor's Boyfriend" shirt on. 

This sounds like it might have been a Raygun (greatest store in the universe) shirt. My Raygun football shirt says "Brock Purdy is magic."
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • Options
     finally getting some real time with this release. A lot of great music in this set. I am seeing a pattern though. I like her self written songs or co writes with Aaron Dressner much for than the songs Jack antonoff. The second album of the set is much better. 
  • Options
    Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,459
    I like the song Down Bad. It has a fun theme and the structure is mercifully different.

That Antonoff pop production is brutally stale, repetitive and unoriginal.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16