Options

Taylor Swift

Comments

• Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,931
    I guess if she plays about 20 songs a show, maybe 3-4 from this, 3-4 from lover. a 4-5 song Folkmore set and then the hits. thats a good set.
  • Options
    marjenmarjen CT Posts: 803
    I dig this record. Its better than Lover for me. Maybe Rep too. But its a mid level record for her.

But the synth pop elements were there in those 2 records. Its almost like shes picking up where she left off before the pandemic. Which I guess would make sense given shes gonna tour next year and she didn't play lover tracks. 

Yes they were but I feel there is at least some real instrumentation on most lover tracks. I don’t think there is a single guitar to be found on midnights which is a shame as that’s her roots. I bet all of these songs would sound better unplugged. I never liked reputation and can listen to a song or two but that’s about it. Not dismissing it totally but after forcing the issue over the weekend taking a break and the. Will try a couple more listens to see if I change my mind.  
  • Options
    lexicondevillexicondevil Bay Area Posts: 1,890
    JH6056 said:
    Video is brilliant. Lots of cool in-the-know references and probably a bunch I just don't know.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1kbLwvqugk
    I do really like that video. What are some of the in-the-know references you saw? I probably missed almost all of them.
    Here they are-
    https://www.buzzfeed.com/natashajokic1/taylor-swift-anti-hero-video-easter-eggs
    1991- Hollywood Palladium, California with Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains -RIP Magazine Show Oct. 6th
    1992- Lollapalooza, Irvine, California
    Nothing since then. I suck.
    2016- Fenway Park, Boston - Both glorious nights
    2022- Oakland Night 2
  • Options
    Man, we are talking Bejeweled video now. 

Like how there are 13 buttons in the elevator and the 13th is pink meaning its Speak Now Taylors Version is next.

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,533
    edited October 2022
    I love Taylor Swift.
    I feel like she is very badly misunderstood by a lot of people who judge her music and talent without knowing her music and talent.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,294
    PJ_Soul said:
    I love Taylor Swift.
    I feel like she is very badly misunderstood by a lot of people who judge her music and talent without knowing her music and talent.
    She seems like a genuine good person I don’t know her music at all! But I really don’t listen to any pop music these days so I’m in the dark. 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    I love Taylor Swift.
    She seems like a genuine good person I don’t know her music at all! But I really don’t listen to any pop music these days so I’m in the dark. 
    I am a new fan. I had zero interest in the past. My gateway album was Folklore. I then explored her other stuff. Folklore is still probably my favorite.
    1991- Hollywood Palladium, California with Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains -RIP Magazine Show Oct. 6th
    2022- Oakland Night 2
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,979
    edited October 2022
    PJ_Soul said:
    I love Taylor Swift.
    I feel like this was the case during the "WE WILL NEVER EVER NEVER EVER BE BACK NEVER EVER WE WILL" to the "SHAKESHAKE IT SHAKE IT OFF SHAKE SHAKE" era, but not the case anymore.

Also, I feel (grounded in nothing but a feel) that people came around on Taylor big time when Kanye West and his then wife harassed her. That was offputting. 
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    Ooooo. I would say that’s when people pumped the breaks. But then again, everyone looked bad for a period there. Luckily she was vindicated when the whole clip was released and people realized reputation wasn’t as bad as the lead single. 
    Post edited by Tim Simmons on
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    I love Taylor Swift.
    No doubt, between rockists and pop haters, she has plenty of unreasonable detractors. She is an immense talent and businesswoman, and deserves respect. 
  • Options
    I like Reputation. 

ALWAYS HAVE. 

remember in 2020 when Pearl Jam and Taytay was gonna play back-to-back concerts in Berlin. 

Man. Nothing compares to that
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Rep is great outside of Look What You Made Me Do

• Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,979
    edited October 2022
    Rep is great outside of Look What You Made Me Do

Eh. It’s catchy. Kind of a shocked when it came out. But liked the animated video. 
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    PJ_Soul said:
    I love Taylor Swift.
    I feel like this was the case during the "WE WILL NEVER EVER NEVER EVER BE BACK NEVER EVER WE WILL" to the "SHAKESHAKE IT SHAKE IT OFF SHAKE SHAKE" era, but not the case anymore.

Also, I feel (grounded in nothing but a feel) that people came around on Taylor big time when Kanye West and his then wife harassed her. That was offputting. 
    I will gladly admit that Ryan Adams' full album cover of her 1989 is WAY better than her original album, IMO. I LOVE the Ryan Adams one, and he makes Shake It Off sound amazing, lol.

Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,832
    is he still cancelled?
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Should be if people put down Swifts 1989 because of his cover version. 
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    is he still cancelled?

No. He did adequate apologies and acknowledgments of his own problems and what he did wrong, and worked on himself and shit while he went off the radar. He's currently making a comeback, and has released a lot in the past year and is doing some shows now too.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • Options
    I have zero interest in Ryan Adams and his fake apologies.
    2022- Oakland Night 2
  • Options
    I agree. I think Daily Mail non apology was piss poor. He said he apologized privately, but then bitched for months after about how everything had been so unfair. He was all drama queen about his situation. That tells me he really hasn't internalized and owned anything he did. It doesn't help that his old manager posted a conversation about how he didn't want to do the work to make amends and just wanted his pre-NYT life back. 

So to answer the question, he's not cancelled because cancellation isn't really a thing. There may be ramifications for behaving a certain way and he's certainly dealing with that (TM was dumping tickets for cheap for his recent Chicago show, so he's lost fans for sure). People can love him if they want, personally, I think he needs to own this way more. But having been a fan of him from 2000 until the NYT article, we aren't gonna get that because his narcissism is important to him. 
  • Options
    His take on This Love is really great though. I miss it.

• Options
    The 1989-cover album is great. But its just put through a Ryan Adams-filter. He would make a Ryan Adams-version of Backspacer sound great too. He had that gift. 
  • Options
    Scored all 10 of the Hot 100 and sold almost 600k vinyl in a week. wow
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,756
    now we know why some bands/titles had a long lead time ..

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    mickeyrat said:
    now we know why some bands/titles had a long lead time ..

Yes and no
    Post edited by Tim Simmons on
  • Options
    DE4173DE4173 Posts: 321
    edited November 2022
    Pitchfork: Taylor Swift Announces 2023 U.S. Stadium Tour.
    Post edited by DE4173 on
    1993: 11/22 Little Rock
    1996; 9/28 New York
    1997: 11/14 Oakland, 11/15 Oakland
    1998: 7/5 Dallas, 7/7 Albuquerque, 7/8 Phoenix, 7/10 San Diego, 7/11 Las Vegas
    2000: 10/17 Dallas
    2003: 4/3 OKC
    2012: 11/17 Tulsa(EV), 11/18 Tulsa(EV)
    2013: 11/16 OKC
    2014: 10/8 Tulsa
    2022: 9/20 OKC
    2023: 9/13 Ft Worth, 9/15 Ft Worth
  • Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,498
    DE4173 said:
    Pitchfork: Taylor Swift Announces 2023 U.S. Stadium Tour.
    I went to Ticketmaster just to look at the announcement. Clicked on a link, and there is a line (that is not moving, just the guy walking in place) to just register for the Verified fan sale. You have until November 9th to register, so there is no real hurry to register, but good luck to anyone contemplating getting tickets for these shows. 
  • Options
    Once they institute the variable pricing, thats gonna weed out alot of people. If people thought the Bruce ticket prices were crazy, these will be bonkers.

• Options
    marjenmarjen CT Posts: 803
    edited November 2022
    Registered for verified fans today. Getting tickets is going to be a shit show. Also hoping tickets are not $300-400 like blink-182 wanted, no thanks. Really want to catch one of the shows with Pheobe Bridgers opening! My 2 favorite female singers in the same night. That will be sick. 

Also midnights is growing on me. A little. Still having a hard time putting down Zach Bryan’s American Heartbreak which I feel is by far the best album released this year. But mixing it in. 
  • Options
    Zero doubt that they will be more than $300-$400
  • Options
    That will be the bargain price for top of the stadium seats. Nope, nope, and nope.
    2022- Oakland Night 2