Options

Taylor Swift

Comments

• Options
    marjenmarjen CT Posts: 804
    Top because 1989(TV) drops in 11 hours
    One of my favorites from her. A lot of good songs on this one. 
  • Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,955
    stacked record. 

this new version sounds amazing.

• Options
    May 30thMay 30th Posts: 1,656
    My oldest son is going to a performance with my wife this afternoon and my youngest son chose an activity for us to do…Taylor Swift movie he decided on. I checked and it’s a quick 2hr 49 mins!! 
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    Man. I want to see it so bad. My kids have had all their fall activities these past couple weekends so we've had no time. 

• Options
    Man. I want to see it so bad. My kids have had all their fall activities these past couple weekends so we've had no time. 

You will not be disappointed when you get a chance to see it. I'm not a big fan but thought it was awesome. My son loved it!! Very well produced and edited. I can see why this concert is very popular.
  • Options
    marjenmarjen CT Posts: 804

The movie was great. As someone who was never able to get tickets to the real thing this was at least close enough. And less traffic and no Ticketmaster fees 😜
  • Options
    The reclining chair and sneaking in chips and candy helped too!!
  • Options
    Oh, I’m buying booze I’m gonna get into it
  • Options
    Great call ^
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    edited November 2023
    Digging the new 1989. The vault tracks
    are awesome! 
    Post edited by 2-feign-reluctance on
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    marjen said:

The movie was great. As someone who was never able to get tickets to the real thing this was at least close enough. And less traffic and no Ticketmaster fees 😜
    My Dad took my girls to see it and even he was impressed! This from the guy is has been 100% pure rock n roll all his life 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    JT167846JT167846 Posts: 820
    My wife wanted to see it in a cinema but we're travelling so she was freaking out that she'd miss it. Fortunately we found a cinema in Tashkent that was showing it. I went with her and enjoyed it. Was great to see all these Uzbek kids dancing with such joy-I felt for them as Taylor in all likelihood will never play Uzbekistan so the kids may not get the chance to see her live. So this was their concert and boy did they give it socks. Heartwarming.
    Stars are suns to other people.

Wellington 1998
    London 2007
    Brisbane 2009
    Stockholm 2012
    Amsterdam 1 & 2 2014
    EV Dublin 2017
    Milan 2018
    Padova 2018
    Boston 2 2018
  • Options
    Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,459
    JT167846 said:
    My wife wanted to see it in a cinema but we're travelling so she was freaking out that she'd miss it. Fortunately we found a cinema in Tashkent that was showing it. I went with her and enjoyed it. Was great to see all these Uzbek kids dancing with such joy-I felt for them as Taylor in all likelihood will never play Uzbekistan so the kids may not get the chance to see her live. So this was their concert and boy did they give it socks. Heartwarming.
    Wow that’s cool
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,544
    3 shows in BC Place in Vancouver next year, and I still only got waitlisted for the verified fan registration. Crazy!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,472
    PJ_Soul said:
    3 shows in BC Place in Vancouver next year, and I still only got waitlisted for the verified fan registration. Crazy!
    Me as well. Tried for the Friday night
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,627
    That seems to be standard for everywhere she goes.  Demand far outpaces supply.  

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,181
    yah, it's insane.. I've never heard of any artist selling out BC place for 3 nights, let alone it not being enough.  That's insane demand and popularity right there :)
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,732
    Not a fan of her music and not 100% impressed with this, but more so than the other band mentioned in the article.

"Private jets belonging to 200 celebrities, CEOs, oligarchs and billionaires have spent a combined total of 11 years in the air since the start of 2022."

"Some celebrities, such as Taylor Swift, who was also included in the analysis, appear to have dramatically changed their behaviour after being called out for their excessive use of private jets. Swift’s jet was spotted in the air an average of 19 times a month between January and August 2022. Since receiving negative publicity, its average flight frequency has dropped to just over two a month. A spokesperson for Swift said: “Before the tour kicked off in March of 2023, Taylor bought more than double the carbon credits needed to offset all tour travel.”

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    The carbon offset thing seems akin to the Catholic Church selling indulgences back in the middle ages.

Anyway, I saw that concert movie - it was really good. I did hear someone talking about it saying "that's such a good idea!" I said yeah that's why Led Zeppelin did it back in the 70s. People are funny.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    Its not a great look, but at the same time, some of these people cant travel commercial. Also, in regards to TS, 19 times in 8 months isn't a crazy amount of travel, especially when theres 5 months of touring in there. 
  • Options
    Hawk123Hawk123 Posts: 2,002
    Its not a great look, but at the same time, some of these people cant travel commercial. Also, in regards to TS, 19 times in 8 months isn't a crazy amount of travel, especially when theres 5 months of touring in there. 
    I think it’s 19 times per month 
  • Options
    Hawk123 said:
    I think it’s 19 times per month 
    And then dropped to about twice a month.

What a mess with all that Brazil stuff.

• Options
    New album announced that she's been sitting on for two years. So Jeff saying they've sat on Dark Matter for one year doesn't seem as bad now. Wonder how many variants there will be?
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,542
    And the title is related to an Ex-boyfriend.  Like her music, but talk about beating a dead horse.  Songwriting is a 9, voice is a 6.   
  • Options
    lexicondevillexicondevil Bay Area Posts: 1,896
    Every boyfriend must brace themselves for the inevitable breakup album about them. The next album will have a lot of football references...
    1991- Hollywood Palladium, California with Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains -RIP Magazine Show Oct. 6th
    1992- Lollapalooza, Irvine, California
    Nothing since then. I suck.
    2016- Fenway Park, Boston - Both glorious nights
    2022- Oakland Night 2
  • Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,509
    Every boyfriend must brace themselves for the inevitable breakup album about them. The next album will have a lot of football references...
    Hopefully it deals with the heartache of watching her boyfriend lose in this year's SB! Go 49ers!
  • Options
    lexicondevillexicondevil Bay Area Posts: 1,896
    Hopefully it deals with the heartache of watching her boyfriend lose in this year's SB! Go 49ers!
    LOL. I was a Raiders and an A's fan. Now, I don't really follow any sports. Fk Las Vegas! ;)
    1991- Hollywood Palladium, California with Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains -RIP Magazine Show Oct. 6th
    1992- Lollapalooza, Irvine, California
    Nothing since then. I suck.
    2016- Fenway Park, Boston - Both glorious nights
    2022- Oakland Night 2
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    wut up, mahomes?
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,732
    I wonder if she will take a knee during her half time performance. 
    Jeez, sorry, but the drama.   The drama!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,896
    Here she is acknowledging Roman Reigns as the Tribal Chief last night.
    May be an image of 4 people and text

bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly