Options

6/4/2021 Vault #10 shipping Update

Comments

• Options
    1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    DavidD said:
    Just picked up my vault, the box was fine but the vinyl we’re sticking out a bit and the second disk has some chipping. Shouldn’t affect sound, I’ll find out in tomorrow when I have time to spin them. Still, not good. 

Man, sorry to see that! Hoping it plays fine!  Disc three of my set has a visible & audible scratch through the first track. My packaging arrived in perfect condition, go figure.   This really blows that we can't get replacements!!!!  
    I had one inaudible scratch on Side B on Habit. Same thing, perfect condition otherwise. 
  • Options
    @mcgruff10 yours went from Bridgeport to Howell. Mine went from Bridgeport, to Jersey City “pending acceptance”. I’m never going to see this thing. That Jersey city tour likely added a week plus some dings to the record. 
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,007
    Really sorry to hear about everyone’s poor experiences with the packaging/ handling of the vaults. And no replacements? Insane. That can’t be possible. Like someone said, I can see them popping up on 10C auctions on eBay like they always do. 

I guess I got lucky. I came home yesterday to it storming outside, and the package was soaked at the door. Somehow the box/packaging saved the contents inside. I thought for sure it would be ruined. 

My baby girl and I are spinning them now. We’re about half way through, and it sounds fantastic! It’s pretty cool hearing your favorite album live on wax. 
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,433

1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    on2legs said:

Made me laugh out loud 
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,888
    @mcgruff10 yours went from Bridgeport to Howell. Mine went from Bridgeport, to Jersey City “pending acceptance”. I’m never going to see this thing. That Jersey city tour likely added a week plus some dings to the record. 
    Any movement?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,509
    on2legs said:

I wish it would come to Bridgeport Illinois!
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,433
    I remember some posters I ordered last summer spending weeks in Bridgeport.  🥴
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    Any movement?
    Nothing 
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,887

Showed up today in NYC. The packaging was really good on mine. The cover looks pristine. It was a little warm when the mail carrier handed it to me so I put one of the records on my turntable. I didn’t see any warping. I hope the rest are ok. I will listen later. 
  • Options
    ryanphishesryanphishes Posts: 586
    edited June 2021
    Arrived in Texas today.  Mine was packed really well too, sturdy box, extra cardboard, no dings or dents in transit.  
    Dallas 2013 
    Wrigley 2016 Night 1
    Wrigley 2016 Night 2
    MSG 2020
    OKC 2020

• Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,575
    really?  mine still hasn't left the warehouse.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,509
    ComeToTX said:
    really?  mine still hasn't left the warehouse.
    Same. 
  • Options
    FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,166
    GlowGirl said:

Showed up today in NYC. The packaging was really good on mine. The cover looks pristine. It was a little warm when the mail carrier handed it to me so I put one of the records on my turntable. I didn’t see any warping. I hope the rest are ok. I will listen later. 
    Looks like the binding on yours opens from the front. Every EU/UK copy Ive seen was a bit back to front and opens from the back.
  • Options
    hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,869
    both arrived in Burbs of Chicago, IL  everything looked fine
  • Options
    FR181798 said:
    GlowGirl said:

Looks like the binding on yours opens from the front. Every EU/UK copy Ive seen was a bit back to front and opens from the back.
    Yes. Mine opens the same way you would open a book.

• Options
    ST66483ST66483 Posts: 692
    Arrived in Ontario Canada today with everything in fine shape.  Sorry to hear of those that had damages, hopefully they can be rectified.
  • Options
    KW6232KW6232 Posts: 349
    Woohoo! Got my shipping notice for 98 zip. Wonder when it will leave the warehouse. 
  • Options
    mdgsolomdgsolo Posts: 785
    I live in the PNW, so I'm hoping they are shipping the press plates with it too so I can repress the melted ball of vinyl back into the record when it gets here in this triple digit madness..
  • Options
    HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,383
    KW6232 said:
    Woohoo! Got my shipping notice for 98 zip. Wonder when it will leave the warehouse. 
    Same.

mdgsolo said:
    I live in the PNW, so I'm hoping they are shipping the press plates with it too so I can repress the melted ball of vinyl back into the record when it gets here in this triple digit madness..
    No shit. 
  • Options
    pledgeagrievancepledgeagrievance Posts: 2,810
    edited June 2021

Yup it’s in purgatory. Should be a balmy 100 degrees in Jersey city today. Glad my zip code starts with zero and I’ll get it quick. 
    Looks like I bought an expensive vinyl ashtray 
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    I got lucky this time.  Usually my 10C shipments spend about 4-5 days days in Bridgeport NJ only to come back to Capitol Heights MD and spend another week there.  But Vault #10 arrived from Seattle in less than a week!  Had a corner ding but I really don't care about that.  It's bound to get dinged anyway at some point in my life. Show sounds fantastic! One of the better sounding PJ pressings in my collection, I'd venture to say.
  • Options
    sonofjeansonofjean Saco, ME Posts: 58
    My zip code begins with ‘0’ and my copy hasn’t left the warehouse.
  • Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,794

Yup it’s in purgatory. Should be a balmy 100 degrees in Jersey city today. Glad my zip code starts with zero and I’ll get it quick. 
    Mine is traveling with yours. Never had a problem in the past. Knock on wood.

I think i heard somewhere to leave in package to cool down once you get it. In case it's super hot.
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,148
    Yep. Waiting for acceptance in Dallas tx. Leave Friday for a week and a half.  Should sit in my mailbox in Texas for at least a week at prob 90+ degrees.  Sealed? More like laminated when I get to it!
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options

I got mine in NYC yesterday. It didn't have to sit outside for any length of time, but when the mail carrier rang my buzzer and handed it to me it felt really warm. However, I played all four albums yesterday and they were fine. No warping. I held it in front of the AC for a few minutes before I opened the box. I don't know if that made any difference.

• Options
    KW6232KW6232 Posts: 349
    Yep. Waiting for acceptance in Dallas tx. Leave Friday for a week and a half.  Should sit in my mailbox in Texas for at least a week at prob 90+ degrees.  Sealed? More like laminated when I get to it!
    Put a hold on your mail then go get it at the post office when you get back. 
  • Options

@pledgeagrievance are you in nj or ny?
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,148
    KW6232 said:
    Not a bad idea. I’m thinking I’ll just have the people feeding our pets check the mailbox too- and leave them the key.  It may sit for a day or so, but at some point they’ll get it
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    KW6232 said:
    Not a bad idea. I’m thinking I’ll just have the people feeding our pets check the mailbox too- and leave them the key.  It may sit for a day or so, but at some point they’ll get it
    Who’s watching the pizzeria when you are away?! ;)