Options

6/4/2021 Vault #10 shipping Update

Comments

• Options
    NewJPageNewJPage Posts: 3,301
    MedozK said:
    Mine arrived today in TN, with a HUGE dent / tear in the cover. Emailing 10C as soon as I get this done. It will be an epic FAIL if they can not send me a replacement cover. I have yet to open it, so no idea if the vinyl is defect free.

Yikes...I've come to count on the packaging of the vaults to be top notch. Too bad they've cut corners with this
    6/26/98, 8/17/00, 10/8/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/25/03, 5/28/03, 6/1/03, 6/3/03, 6/5/03, 6/6/03, 6/12/03, 6/13/03, 6/15/03, 6/18/03, 6/21/03, 6/22/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03, 10/3/04, 10/5/04, 9/9/05, 9/11/05, 9/16/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/19/06, 6/30/06, 7/23/06, 8/5/07, 6/30/08, 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 5/4/10, 5/7/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/11/13, 10/17/14, 8/20/16
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,889
    Wow this one sounds spectacular!  it was well worth the wait.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,889
    mcgruff10 said:
    I’m glad you got yours. Mine said it would be delivered today by 7:00pm. But as of this afternoon it was in Jersey City so this is doubtful. Hopefully, Monday. 
  • Options
    epieepie Posts: 290
    Arrived today in MA.  Yahooo!
    1996 - Columbia, MD & Augusta, ME
    2013 - Worcester, MA (Lightning Bolt Release)
    2016 - Fenway Park I and II
    2017 - HSCM (EV) Boston, MA
    2018 - Seattle I, Fenway Park I and II
    2021 - Ohana Festival (EV/EV/PJ)
    2022 - EV (Beacon Theater II & Newark)
    2023 - Austin, TX I & II
  • Options
    NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989
    edited June 2021
    Friday in ol' newf
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,166
    NewJPage said:
    MedozK said:
    Mine arrived today in TN, with a HUGE dent / tear in the cover. Emailing 10C as soon as I get this done. It will be an epic FAIL if they can not send me a replacement cover. I have yet to open it, so no idea if the vinyl is defect free.

Yikes...I've come to count on the packaging of the vaults to be top notch. Too bad they've cut corners with this
    The packing for the UK/ EU ones has been poor the past couple of Vaults. Damaged one last year but arrived okay this year. you could actually see the sleeve through spaces at the corners this year. You spend all that money, it should be packed properly. Did 10c not have to repack them all one year.
  • Options
    bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,088
    Not much of a choice between:
    1) keep a damaged copy (at full price!); or
    2) get a refund and a hole in the collection.
    :(
  • Options
    bazfromozbazfromoz Posts: 186
    Incredibly poor business practice if there are zero copies left for inevitable returns/refunds. Treating the customers with disdain. 
  • Options
    CM85441CM85441 Posts: 1
    I wanted to let you know about a problem I had with music Glue for the purchase of Vault # 10: like all of you after months of waiting, I received the email that the package was shipped, then after three weeks I get a refund of the entire amount, I ask for explanations, they tell me that the package has come back, I say that I am still interested, they tell me to reorder, I ask that they send me the link for the reorder because from their site it gives me an error, at this point they tell me that the article is no longer available. It seems strange to me since my two copies had returned to the warehouse and that no one could order this item anymore. what do you think?
  • Options
    PJamminPJammin Posts: 572
    "Order Processed: Ready for UPS" with a Chicago 6XXXX zip.  Thinking its just the label printed?

Can't wait to relive this one, I purposely haven't listened to the show since the vault was announced 

I'm in the same boat my friend. Similar location/zip and have the same message since 6/14. 
  • Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,509
    PJammin said:
    "Order Processed: Ready for UPS" with a Chicago 6XXXX zip.  Thinking its just the label printed?

Can't wait to relive this one, I purposely haven't listened to the show since the vault was announced 

I'm in the same boat my friend. Similar location/zip and have the same message since 6/14. 
    Southern Illinois and the same thing. It is like watching other people open Christmas presents and you are just sitting there waiting to get a present to open!  :)
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,889
    Mine just arrived at the Post Office in NYC. But the delivery date is showing Thursday. It should not take them four days to deliver to me if it has already arrived in my City. But who knows at this point. I am hoping it shows up early.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,856
    Arrived today. No custom fees. :) 
  • Options
    PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,767
    Mine arrived Saturday while I was out of town.  The way UPS and USPS handles things, especially the latter if it is not labeled Media Mail and packaged in whiplash a bunch of these are going to get pretty banged up.  Mine had a nice ding in the lower right hand corner.  I can live with it, some probably would not especially if they see limited vinyl as an investment.  If I had the chunk taken out like MedozK I would be pissed.

His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• Options
    @mcgruff10 did yours say en route to UpS Bridgeport,NJ. It says it’s there but then it says en route there? And it says it’s suppose to be delivered by 7pm? Did yours show any of that right before delivery. I would hate for it sit outside if it’s coming. It’s a scorcher today 
  • Options
    JBC7913JBC7913 Posts: 381
    Arrived Guelph area of Ontario
  • Options
    FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,166
    I bought 2 this year because of my bad experience last year. UK/EU store had no replacements last year and I ended up with a mix match of European and US bits last year. Before anyone asks I dont have 2nd copy anymore. Really poor practice.
  • Options
    turner78turner78 Atlanta, GA Posts: 145
    PB11041 said:
    Mine arrived Saturday while I was out of town.  The way UPS and USPS handles things, especially the latter if it is not labeled Media Mail and packaged in whiplash a bunch of these are going to get pretty banged up.  Mine had a nice ding in the lower right hand corner.  I can live with it, some probably would not especially if they see limited vinyl as an investment.  If I had the chunk taken out like MedozK I would be pissed.

That’s a nasty corner bump. You are way more forgiving than I am. My copy is supposed to arrive today. Given my luck, I’m sure it will be screwed up somewhere. 
  • Options
    turner78 said:
    PB11041 said:

That’s a nasty corner bump. You are way more forgiving than I am. My copy is supposed to arrive today. Given my luck, I’m sure it will be screwed up somewhere. 
    it is not ideal, but the most important thing to me is that the records are not warped etc.  My Benny had some shipping dings back in the day.  I never gave it a second mind.  who knew someone would pay a months or two mortgage to own them now.  

• Options
    KW6232KW6232 Posts: 349
    I wonder if they don’t have extras, if it’s because a bunch were damaged on the pallets they received. 
  • Options
    turner78turner78 Atlanta, GA Posts: 145
    My copy has a pretty significant corner bump. I hate to complain but this is what $17 shipping charges get you?
    Anyone with a mint copy is sitting on a goldmine given the replies so far. Especially with no replacements available. 
  • Options
    ryanphishesryanphishes Posts: 586
    KW6232 said:
    I wonder if they don’t have extras, if it’s because a bunch were damaged on the pallets they received. 
    That is a possibility.

Don't they usually have some extras, not even for replacements?

I know I've ordered an extra and/or a previous vault AFTER I had it but can't remember if they do it every year, or possibly if they just did it on RSD afternoon, unannounced beforehand.
    Dallas 2013 
    Wrigley 2016 Night 1
    Wrigley 2016 Night 2
    MSG 2020
    OKC 2020

• Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,009
    Arrived in Jacksonville today!
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,889
    @mcgruff10 did yours say en route to UpS Bridgeport,NJ. It says it’s there but then it says en route there? And it says it’s suppose to be delivered by 7pm? Did yours show any of that right before delivery. I would hate for it sit outside if it’s coming. It’s a scorcher today 
    @pledgeagrievance

I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    Thanks. So looks like it took a day from Bridgeport. So I guess I’ll expect it tomorrow 
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    This is absolutely true.  This sounds rather spectacular.  

• Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    edited June 2021
    PB11041 said:

It’s utter ridiculous that they don’t have copies set aside for replacement. I still have not heard from them and I emailed shipping on Saturday. I hate to complain but damn. 
  • Options
    DavidDDavidD Posts: 2,444
    Just picked up my vault, the box was fine but the vinyl we’re sticking out a bit and the second disk has some chipping. Shouldn’t affect sound, I’ll find out in tomorrow when I have time to spin them. Still, not good. 

• Options
    BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,040
    DavidD said:
    Just picked up my vault, the box was fine but the vinyl we’re sticking out a bit and the second disk has some chipping. Shouldn’t affect sound, I’ll find out in tomorrow when I have time to spin them. Still, not good. 

Man, sorry to see that! Hoping it plays fine!  Disc three of my set has a visible & audible scratch through the first track. My packaging arrived in perfect condition, go figure.   This really blows that we can't get replacements!!!!  
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • Options
    JBob87JBob87 Posts: 431
    MedozK said:

That's so disappointing. Can't believe w the delay they decided to cut corners on mailers and apparently also have no replacement copies on hand. That's really poor customer service.