Options

6/4/2021 Vault #10 shipping Update

Comments

• Options
    iOnlyownMymindiOnlyownMymind Posts: 2,547
    edited July 2021
    For those who often buy new vinyl, how common is it to open a brand new vinyl and have any scratches whatsoever? Seems like something that shouldn't really ever happen (don't think I recall ever buying a new CD that had a scratch) but seems to be mentioned often regarding the Vaults over the years. 
    Post edited by iOnlyownMymind on
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,941
    We all wanted them to open the "vault" so we could access quality recordings of shows that were pre-2000 or otherwise unavailable. And I still want that. But these vaults have become a vinyl series first and foremost. A show from 2014 didn't come from the vault. A show that was previously released didn't come from the vault. Pressing these shows onto vinyl is exciting for some people - and I do not spite you that excitement - but it isn't what I was hoping for. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    philobeddoephilobeddoe Kennessee Posts: 192
    DavidD said:
    For those looking to replace they are scratched vinyls, how will you be sure the new when you get isn’t going to have the same issue?

You're not.
  • Options
    tino_11tino_11 Posts: 1,981
    JimmyV said:
    We all wanted them to open the "vault" so we could access quality recordings of shows that were pre-2000 or otherwise unavailable. And I still want that. But these vaults have become a vinyl series first and foremost. A show from 2014 didn't come from the vault. A show that was previously released didn't come from the vault. Pressing these shows onto vinyl is exciting for some people - and I do not spite you that excitement - but it isn't what I was hoping for. 
    Agree about the Vault but I always thought they should do a ‘all time classic show’ run alongside the vault, where the band chooses their favourite shows to release on vinyl. 
    2010: London
    2012: Manchester I, Manchester II, Manchester (EV) 
    2014: Milan, Leeds, Milton Keynes 
    2017: London II (EV) 
    2018: Amsterdam I, London I, Prague, London II 
    2019: London (EV)
    2022: London I, London II, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,924
    Ten is a pretty significant number in the Pearl Jam world so could vault ten be the last one?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,020
    For those who often buy new vinyl, how common is it to open a brand new vinyl and have any scratches whatsoever? Seems like something that shouldn't really ever happen (don't think I recall ever buying a new CD that had a scratch) but seems to be mentioned often regarding the Vaults over the years. 
    Scratches? Not common. Dust and micro debris that will sound like a scratch if not cleaned is common on a new record though.
  • Options
    DavidDDavidD Posts: 2,447
    mcgruff10 said:
    Ten is a pretty significant number in the Pearl Jam world so could vault ten be the last one?
    Sadly I was thinking the same thing.
    And with so many other shows out there that are vault worthy I hope this is not the case. 

• Options
    philobeddoephilobeddoe Kennessee Posts: 192
    MedozK said:
    Yep, got my official “No replacements available” today. Incredible that 10C didn’t order enough to cover defects and damaged, it’s actually mind boggling, since this was a pre-order. You know exactly how many to order, just add to that.. lol.
    Bogus. It really is unbelievable. I know everyone has bigger fish to fry, ESPECIALLY in these times which we live, but I also know I can be pissed about multiple different things at varying levels of pissiness, and this is some bullshit right here. Like I said, they don't need to make more for me, mine could still show up (fingers crossed) with 4 razor sharp corners, no splits, creases, pushes or tears (aint gonna happen) and I'd still be pissed for y'all. This wouldn't be the first time I've had love/hate for this operation, but it might be the last. I stopped pretending anyone in house gave a shit for anything other than my dollar a long time ago. Sure, the band delivers in studio and on stage, but the rest of it is starting to become some seriously superfluous bullshit.
    That said, mine arrived intact out of the blue this morning. Still salty for everyone else though.
  • Options
    SK203708SK203708 Posts: 48
    i still think vault #10 is their way of saying: people want a no code tour show - ok, lets do the one which is ready to go where we played the whole record. A 1996 show is where its at.
  • Options
    DavidDDavidD Posts: 2,447
    edited July 2021
    Don’t they have vault 11 on CD? 
    Fox theatre 94 I think it was. 

(Edit. Just check the shop and they do.) 
    Post edited by DavidD on
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    edited July 2021
    Question about where Vault 10 was pressed.
    My copy I think was pressed at RTI (per runout information), however @Santos L. Halper said they where shipped from Cascade in Milwaukie, OR. So I am a little confused about where these were pressed. Previous vaults were plated at RTI, but always had additional runout information pertaining to Cascade as the pressing plant. These do not. So maybe the vinyl were pressed at RTI and then packaged at Cascade? And since all vaults were shipped from 10C, I assume there is not difference in pressings for the EU. Thoughts?
    Post edited by MedozK on
  • Options
    Ray J. T.Ray J. T. Posts: 3,869
    Received shipping notification from 10c on 6/22 with a scheduled delivery date of 6/28! Package delayed and was handed off to USPS on 6/28 in Jacksonville, Fl. where my tracking information has not changed from USPS received and pending acceptance. Going on over a week with absolutely no update on tracking. I have seen numerous posts throughout Florida of others receiving their shipments. I am in Miami and have seen some even in Ft. Lauderdale that received theirs well over a week ago. At this point I am just praying I don't receive mine (whenever the hell it shows up from the post office) completely destroyed and mishandled in this process. :weary:
  • Options
    MedozK said:
    Yep, got my official “No replacements available” today. Incredible that 10C didn’t order enough to cover defects and damaged, it’s actually mind boggling, since this was a pre-order. You know exactly how many to order, just add to that.. lol.
    I know, right?! Incredible. Since they are almost always willing and able to replace damaged or defective items, it makes you think that maybe something different happened this time. Like, maybe something that they are not able to disclose. Because I see posts all of the time about how Ten Club was able to help someone with a damaged record, or cover, or shirt, etc. It's like, this time something prevented them from being able to do that. But what?! What could it be that makes this time different? 
    lol
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,013
    Ray J. T. said:
    Received shipping notification from 10c on 6/22 with a scheduled delivery date of 6/28! Package delayed and was handed off to USPS on 6/28 in Jacksonville, Fl. where my tracking information has not changed from USPS received and pending acceptance. Going on over a week with absolutely no update on tracking. I have seen numerous posts throughout Florida of others receiving their shipments. I am in Miami and have seen some even in Ft. Lauderdale that received theirs well over a week ago. At this point I am just praying I don't receive mine (whenever the hell it shows up from the post office) completely destroyed and mishandled in this process. :weary:
    Damn, hopefully it shows up. Mine arrived in Jax last week. The good thing about your situation, USPS could be sitting on it and then all of a sudden it just shows up 
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    RB16012RB16012 Posts: 73
    Do you need to sign for the package? I got a text message saying I missed a UPS delivery that I thought was a spam text so I deleted it. Now I’m a bit worried 
  • Options
    NewJPageNewJPage Posts: 3,304
    RB16012 said:
    Do you need to sign for the package? I got a text message saying I missed a UPS delivery that I thought was a spam text so I deleted it. Now I’m a bit worried 
    Post office should deliver 
    6/26/98, 8/17/00, 10/8/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/25/03, 5/28/03, 6/1/03, 6/3/03, 6/5/03, 6/6/03, 6/12/03, 6/13/03, 6/15/03, 6/18/03, 6/21/03, 6/22/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03, 10/3/04, 10/5/04, 9/9/05, 9/11/05, 9/16/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/19/06, 6/30/06, 7/23/06, 8/5/07, 6/30/08, 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 5/4/10, 5/7/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/11/13, 10/17/14, 8/20/16
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,020
    Delivered in Denver today. Package offered almost no protection, but arrived in good condition.
    Cant believe they are shipping these in basic mailers without any replacement copies.
  • Options
    SaravaSarava Naperville, IL Posts: 1,998
    My 2 packages both got delayed. Now it says Thursday delivery for both of them. Should I be concerned that they've been out on the road for more than a week, probably sitting in hot trucks? I'm not getting a good feeling about this.
  • Options
    mace1229 said:
    Delivered in Denver today. Package offered almost no protection, but arrived in good condition.
    Cant believe they are shipping these in basic mailers without any replacement copies.
    Yea, not only did mine have two big dents, all four sleeves had huge seam splits. 

• Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,941
    MedozK said:
    I know, right?! Incredible. Since they are almost always willing and able to replace damaged or defective items, it makes you think that maybe something different happened this time. Like, maybe something that they are not able to disclose. Because I see posts all of the time about how Ten Club was able to help someone with a damaged record, or cover, or shirt, etc. It's like, this time something prevented them from being able to do that. But what?! What could it be that makes this time different? 
    lol
    Cool operation you are running over there, @Rubysdad

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    LukinFan said:
    Ray J. T. said:
    Damn, hopefully it shows up. Mine arrived in Jax last week. The good thing about your situation, USPS could be sitting on it and then all of a sudden it just shows up 
    I hope so. I just really hope that it arrives in good condition at this point. 
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,420
    MedozK said:
    lol
    In the time and number of characters it took you to type out this smart-ass reply, you could've actually explained the issue instead.  No wonder people get pissed at the Ten Club anymore.
  • Options
    Another day and still nothing from USPS since handed off from UPS on 6/28! At this point I believe that it is now lost. Does anybody know how to get in touch with a live agent with the USPS? I have tried calling and for the life of me cannot get a live agent through the 800 number and or get anyone to answer the phone at the distribution center where it was handed off in Jacksonville. 
  • Options
    AW124797AW124797 Posts: 646
    Ray J. T. said:
    Another day and still nothing from USPS since handed off from UPS on 6/28! At this point I believe that it is now lost. Does anybody know how to get in touch with a live agent with the USPS? I have tried calling and for the life of me cannot get a live agent through the 800 number and or get anyone to answer the phone at the distribution center where it was handed off in Jacksonville. 

Same thing happens to me with all vinyl from Ten Club. Once USPS takes over they stop tracking  updates. No worries, it'll show up at your door unexpectedly.
  • Options
    AW124797 said:
    Ray J. T. said:

Same thing happens to me with all vinyl from Ten Club. Once USPS takes over they stop tracking  updates. No worries, it'll show up at your door unexpectedly.
    Hopefully, but shipped on 6/22 with an original expected delivery date for 6/28 only to be delayed and handed off to USPS on 6/28 and then nothing. No tracking info or updates since then. I can't say I feel optimistic at this point that I will receive, or much less receive it in decent shape after being in hands of USPS for so long. Everyone here in Florida I have seen have reported getting theirs well over a week ago or longer now. 
  • Options
    MedozK said:
    lol
    In the time and number of characters it took you to type out this smart-ass reply, you could've actually explained the issue instead.  No wonder people get pissed at the Ten Club anymore.
      Hilarious, but sad all at the same time...lol 
  • Options
    on_boardon_board Posts: 20
    Ray J. T. said:
    AW124797 said:
    Ray J. T. said:

Hopefully, but shipped on 6/22 with an original expected delivery date for 6/28 only to be delayed and handed off to USPS on 6/28 and then nothing. No tracking info or updates since then. I can't say I feel optimistic at this point that I will receive, or much less receive it in decent shape after being in hands of USPS for so long. Everyone here in Florida I have seen have reported getting theirs well over a week ago or longer now. 

This has been shipped using the dreaded "UPS Mail Innovations" service. It is very common for the handoff from UPS to USPS to go terribly wrong causing more than a week of delay while you refresh your screen in disbelief that the package is still being "processed" at your regional distribution hub. There is no one to call or speak to. It is literally the cheapest possible shipping they could have chosen which is shocking given the $17 fee we paid for shipping in the first place. I got my shipped email on 6/29 and tracking info still seems to indicate it has yet to leave the building.
  • Options
    on_board said:
    Ray J. T. said:
    AW124797 said:
    Ray J. T. said:

This has been shipped using the dreaded "UPS Mail Innovations" service. It is very common for the handoff from UPS to USPS to go terribly wrong causing more than a week of delay while you refresh your screen in disbelief that the package is still being "processed" at your regional distribution hub. There is no one to call or speak to. It is literally the cheapest possible shipping they could have chosen which is shocking given the $17 fee we paid for shipping in the first place. I got my shipped email on 6/29 and tracking info still seems to indicate it has yet to leave the building.
    Have you contacted 10c to see if this in fact has shipped from the warehouse? I would feel a little better knowing it was still in the possession of 10c and not getting completely mistreated from UPS and USPS. 
  • Options
    sgtppr67sgtppr67 Posts: 241
    on_board said:
    Ray J. T. said:
    AW124797 said:
    Ray J. T. said:

my label was created on the 22nd, and today was the first day it has show any movement. I did send an email asking for an update lastnight with the same canned reply about waiting on shipping partners this morning.
  • Options
    PJamminPJammin Posts: 572
    For additional reference - my label was created on 6/11 and the package was just delivered today. It's a painfully slow shipping process but it'll get there.