DEEP: An Immersive Pearl Jam Experience

Comments

• Sobelberg8Sobelberg8 Posts: 923
    dankind said:
    dankind said:
    dankind said:
    BF89905 said:
    NM70698 said:
    Am I the only person underwhelmed by this?  Correct me if I’m wrong, but can’t all the same shows be streamed with a Nugs.net subscription?  So is everyone overjoyed just because you can make random playlists comprised of tracks from differ shows?  What am I missing? 

I'm going to sound old, but I have most of these shows on CD. So yeah, this doesn't do much for me. However, I'm happy for those who haven't been able to afford these shows in the past.
    I don't think it's a matter of having the shows on CD or affording them. I think the attractive idea behind Nugs and now this new development is accessibility. I'm in my forties, and it's just easier for me to use my phone while in the car, or my Sonos at home, to play music than to search for a physical CD. Monthly subscription fees certainly add up, but for $10 - $15 a month I can access just about any album/song I want to listen anywhere I have wifi or data reception.  'Be well everyone
    I'm in my forties, and I still need help if someone sends me files in Google Drive or whatever. I can't tell you how many friends have sent me shows that I'll never be able to open. But it's the thought that counts. :lol:

I don't even know (nor do I care about) how to use one of these apps.

Good for the kids and non-Luddites, though, I guess.

Google Drive link coming your way...
    Haha! You're probably one of the friends who's sent me a killer show that I'm not savvy enough to listen to.

I think it was PJ_Soul who sent me something a few years back and helped me download(?)upload(?/)rip(?)/burn(?) the file by giving me step-by-step instructions. She either intuited that I was hopeless or I actually made a faux pas and expressed my ignorance on top of my gratitude. Still very nice of her, though.

Also, I have never listened o a podcast. I tried to listen to Serial when that was a thing, but there was just one digital step too many for me to take at the time. I wound up reading the transcripts, though, which is how I still consume podcast content.
    I post links to my podcast on the forum every week when they come out. It’s pretty simple, especially if you just want to listen to it right from that forum page you can, there is a player embedded in and you just press play and listen. I’ll even show you here

the PJ podcast people, myself and many others included do a lot of great band related content, it’s worth learning how to listen, especially if you need fan voices to connect you to the band that’s a much different idea than being on a forum. I would never want someone to give up the opportunity to listen to something we researched and put a lot of effort into because they don’t know how to use it. There is always a way, and usually it’s easier than you think!
    Nice work!

Personally, if I were to listen to a podcast, it would not be about Pearl Jam, though I imagine you certainly have a captive audience among the folks who post here.

Good stuff!
    I hope we do. I think we do okay. It’s a little bit niche within a niche because not everyone is going to want to listen to an episode about a show that doesn’t have much meaning to them.. but that’s sort of the point. Every show has something either important where you can share a piece of their history or performances of songs that you just feel need to be heard. When in doubt, talk about Setlist construction and song statistics because there is always something interesting to be found there. 
    Hi, I host a Pearl Jam Podcast. We go back to some of the classic shows in their history and break down the entire setlist front to back. From historic perspective, to performances, to setlist construction, to fan stories. We do our best to capture the magic that is their live act and help you relive those memories, or if you weren't there, maybe turn you on to a show you've never heard before.

Live On 4 Legs can be found on Apple Podcast, Spotify and any other major podcast platform. But please support our website and check out the episodes archived there. Oh, and the Concertpedia as well (for you Five Horizons and Two Feet Thick fans, we've picked up where they've left off)

http://liveon4legs.com
  • gunter1976gunter1976 Posts: 587
    Hey, while trying to use and access the new DEEP project through my MacBook Pro, I appear to be unable to access the actual show pages and show reviews.

Every time I click on a show to access its details via the "All Shows" tab, I catch a glimpse of the information before the screen turns to black. Same thing after I hit refresh.

I have my JavaScript turned on, but for some reason the problem still persists.

If anyone has any suggestions, it'd be much appreciated, thanks,
    "...bring it back someway bring it back, back, back... to the clean form, to the pure form..."

My Fugazi Live Series ramblings and blog: anothersievefistedfind.tumblr.com
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,079
    Hey, while trying to use and access the new DEEP project through my MacBook Pro, I appear to be unable to access the actual show pages and show reviews.

Every time I click on a show to access its details via the "All Shows" tab, I catch a glimpse of the information before the screen turns to black. Same thing after I hit refresh.

Working fine on iOS/Safari just have to scroll down a bit to read the reviews. They should all be there. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • gunter1976gunter1976 Posts: 587
    edited May 2021

Working fine on iOS/Safari just have to scroll down a bit to read the reviews. They should all be there. 

Hey, thanks for getting back to me.
    It's not a matter of just scrolling down though. I get to see the show poster/picture and some of the details for a fraction of a second and then the screen just turns pitch-black.
    I have JavaScript turned on, updated Safari, deleted cookies,... still nothing, same problem.
    More help, tips, suggestions are still welcome and appreciated...
    "...bring it back someway bring it back, back, back... to the clean form, to the pure form..."

My Fugazi Live Series ramblings and blog: anothersievefistedfind.tumblr.com

Hey, thanks for getting back to me.
    It's not a matter of just scrolling down though. I get to see the show poster/picture and some of the details for a fraction of a second and then the screen just turns pitch-black.
    I have JavaScript turned on, updated Safari, deleted cookies,... still nothing, same problem.
    More help, tips, suggestions are still welcome and appreciated...

Ah geez! So sorry! That isn't something I have the skills to troubleshoot for you. I tried on my Windows machine and several Macs here at home and didn't have a problem seeing the content. Dangit. You did pretty much what I would have done to remedy the issue. Anyone else having issues accessing Beta mode on Safari? Chime in if you would.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,624
    edited May 2021

Randomly generated. I would love to see this show.
    Post edited by GlowGirl on
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,338
    GlowGirl said:

The Watchtower>Soon Forget>Alive trio would be epic!
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

on2legs said:
    GlowGirl said:

The Watchtower>Soon Forget>Alive trio would be epic!
    Cool sequence! Bring it up, down, up and down! 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • NatashapearljamfanNatashapearljamfan Australia Posts: 3,777
    tschav said:
    For those looking for the premade setlists on Spotify (featured on the main deep.pearljam.com page)
    DEEP: Best Of: https://open.spotify.com/playlist/5Qhmh79nGN9iioa0XdkikF?si=d5268c0c0d9e4ae1
    DEEP: Covers: https://open.spotify.com/playlist/1pWNOkKZN6NCOukuEora6x?si=0562fa18ef344e45
    DEEP: Know Your Rights: https://open.spotify.com/playlist/5rdjmGT2g0puFIGNKdfUWH?si=ad640b9f0ba7427f
    Great thanks for the links. 
  • SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,516
    404 every time clicking digital download.

Smellyman said:

Hopefully that is just an temp issue with Deep in beta at the moment!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • rahjiimrahjiim Posts: 120
    The amazon rediscover Pearl Jam live playlist is really great, is it the same as the best of on spotify? 

I'd like more amazon music support. I Was able to transfer my playlist from my free spotify to amazon, but unfortunately not these 3 spotify playlists.

Also looking for a Pearl Jam album on amazon is a mess, you just get an unsorted list. 
  • PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,060
    Happy Pearl Jamming! :peace:
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024

Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • matt84matt84 Posts: 577
    So is the idea to have every Pearl Jam show up? Only one on that I’ve attended is Leeds so far. Be good if it featured Ed’s solo shows too.
    Pap said:

Oceans then Wash!? 🥲
    www.cluthelee.com
    Pap said:

Oceans then Wash!? 🥲
    :smiley:
  • lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,596
    matt84 said:
    So is the idea to have every Pearl Jam show up? Only one on that I’ve attended is Leeds so far. Be good if it featured Ed’s solo shows too.
    Leeds

What a night
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • tschavtschav Posts: 2,756
    Maybe it's just me, but the listening party is playing shows out of order? State College is playing right now but was scheduled to begin in another 4 hours... :confused:  
  • RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,062
    tschav said:
    Maybe it's just me, but the listening party is playing shows out of order? State College is playing right now but was scheduled to begin in another 4 hours... :confused:  
    I couldn’t get the thing to work at all.  It seemed just like a Spotify playlist.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
    Smellyman said:

over a week now still 404.

Smellyman said:
    Smellyman said:

Sorry my man. Anyone else having this problem? 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • CO278952CO278952 Orlando, FL Posts: 1,222
    Wow big turn out?
    4.17.94 Paramount 9.28.96 Randall's Island 8.25.00 Jones Beach 4.28.03 Spectrum 7.5.03 Camden 7.6.03 Camden
    07.08.03 MSG 07.09.03 MSG 7.12.03 Hershey 7.14.03 Holmdel 6.12.08 Tampa 10.19.13 Brooklyn 4.11.16 Tampa
    5.1.16 MSG 5.2.16 MSG 8.7.16 Fenway 9.2.18 Fenway 9.4.18 Fenway 9.11.22 MSG 9.16.22 Nashville 9.18.23 Austin 9.19.23 Austin
    Smellyman said:
    Smellyman said:

Another person on Reddit at least
    Smellyman said:
    Smellyman said:
    Smellyman said:

Another person on Reddit at least
    Yikes! I wish I had the technical prowess to help, but my involvement in the project was not on the tech side of things. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Like the meme from "The Office," can someone explain "Deep" like I'm five?  Every time I go to Apple Music, nothing from this experience is there.  I can access it through the Pearl Jam site, but most of the time, it stops playing before long.  Thanks.
  • OzzieOzzie Posts: 230
    Does it look likely that non Apple/Spotify users will get it on their service?
    Isle of Wight, 23rd June 2012
    Brooklyn, 18th October 2013
    Memphis, 14th October 2014
    Krakow, 3rd July 2018
    London, 8th July 2022
  • Hi folks, let me try to ask a more specific question.  I created a setlist, clicked "Make Playlist" for Apple, but I don't know where to find it.  I also shared it on Twitter, used that link, clicked "Download," but I still don't see it.  Can anyone solve that problem without breaking a sweat?  Thanks.
  • CarryTheZeroCarryTheZero Posts: 2,005
    It should be in your library on Apple Music, under your playlists.  I did have a problem with this, but mostly because my phone and another in my family got connected some how when getting them set up.

I had to look in the other phone’s Apple Music and then share the playlist to my phone.  If you have phones on a family plan, you might check the Apple Music on those other phones.
    Ozzie said:
    Does it look likely that non Apple/Spotify users will get it on their service?

seems that way.  :(