DEEP: An Immersive Pearl Jam Experience

Comments

• 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,079
    Suggest some improvements guys and gals! It’s still in beta.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,362
    Suggest some improvements guys and gals! It’s still in beta.
    Yes, please! 
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,170
    I’m not sure if you can fix the things I’d suggest? But for kicks:

• Can you get full catalogs to match PJ Radio / Nugs?
    • Would be great if it could play on a free player.
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • timbo1972timbo1972 Posts: 319
    An article in the NME in the UK intimated that the service would be rough Spotify, Apple, etc. but also on a dedicated micro site open to members. Fingers crossed as I have no streaming and am not planing to change that:)

https://www.nme.com/news/music/pearl-jam-share-huge-bootleg-series-from-over-180-live-performances-2936220
    14.10.2000 Houston, 09.09.2006 Marseilles, 11.09.2006 Paris, 18.06.2007 London, 17.08.2009 Manchester, 18.08.2009 London, 22.06.2010 Dublin, 23.06.2010 Belfast, 25.06.2010 London
  • darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,461
    edited May 2021
    NM70698 said:
    Am I the only person underwhelmed by this?  Correct me if I’m wrong, but can’t all the same shows be streamed with a Nugs.net subscription?  So is everyone overjoyed just because you can make random playlists comprised of tracks from differ shows?  What am I missing? 

I'm going to sound old, but I have most of these shows on CD. So yeah, this doesn't do much for me. However, I'm happy for those who haven't been able to afford these shows in the past.
    Post edited by darthvedder on
  • lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,596
    edited May 2021
    Some euro  shows will be good
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
    Keep em’ coming! 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • BF89905BF89905 Posts: 1,335
    NM70698 said:
    Am I the only person underwhelmed by this?  Correct me if I’m wrong, but can’t all the same shows be streamed with a Nugs.net subscription?  So is everyone overjoyed just because you can make random playlists comprised of tracks from differ shows?  What am I missing? 

I'm going to sound old, but I have most of these shows on CD. So yeah, this doesn't do much for me. However, I'm happy for those who haven't been able to afford these shows in the past.
    I don't think it's a matter of having the shows on CD or affording them. I think the attractive idea behind Nugs and now this new development is accessibility. I'm in my forties, and it's just easier for me to use my phone while in the car, or my Sonos at home, to play music than to search for a physical CD. Monthly subscription fees certainly add up, but for $10 - $15 a month I can access just about any album/song I want to listen anywhere I have wifi or data reception.  'Be well everyone
  • elitrionaelitriona Posts: 40

• davidosdavidos Posts: 464
    Any way to find those “Deep: Best of” or “Deep: Covers” setlists on Spotify? I’d like to save those in my playlists so I can access from Spotify.
    davidos said:
    Any way to find those “Deep: Best of” or “Deep: Covers” setlists on Spotify? I’d like to save those in my playlists so I can access from Spotify.

Go to FEATURED SHOWS - > CLICK THE 'PLAY' BUTTON - > SIGN INTO YOUR PREMIUM SPOTIFY - > IT STARTS PLAYING 
    *If you're already logged in it starts playing, list populates as soon as you click the Spotify icon on Deep's page. From there, you can save it to your library like other playlists generated from artists, and users.
    www.cluthelee.com
    edited May 2021
    Also, the Best of playlist is fucking boss. I highly recommend 'shuffle' mode. Also, 1/2 Full from Osaka 03'? Good god.
    Post edited by 2-feign-reluctance on
    www.cluthelee.com
    Just hit the 'heart' button and it lands straight into your playlist.

www.cluthelee.com
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    edited May 2021
    BF89905 said:
    NM70698 said:

I don't think it's a matter of having the shows on CD or affording them. I think the attractive idea behind Nugs and now this new development is accessibility. I'm in my forties, and it's just easier for me to use my phone while in the car, or my Sonos at home, to play music than to search for a physical CD. Monthly subscription fees certainly add up, but for $10 - $15 a month I can access just about any album/song I want to listen anywhere I have wifi or data reception.  'Be well everyone
    I'm in my forties, and I still need help if someone sends me files in Google Drive or whatever. I can't tell you how many friends have sent me shows that I'll never be able to open. But it's the thought that counts. :lol:

I don't even know (nor do I care about) how to use one of these apps.

Good for the kids and non-Luddites, though, I guess.
    Post edited by dankind on
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    dankind said:
    BF89905 said:
    NM70698 said:

I'm in my forties, and I still need help if someone sends me files in Google Drive or whatever. I can't tell you how many friends have sent me shows that I'll never be able to open. But it's the thought that counts. :lol:

Google Drive link coming your way...
    www.cluthelee.com
  • davidosdavidos Posts: 464

The Best of starts playing on the Deep website after I click spotify. There is an option on each song to create a new playlist but I don't see the heart or any option to add the whole best of playlist.
    dankind said:
    BF89905 said:
    NM70698 said:

Haha! You're probably one of the friends who's sent me a killer show that I'm not savvy enough to listen to.

I think it was PJ_Soul who sent me something a few years back and helped me download(?)upload(?/)rip(?)/burn(?) the file by giving me step-by-step instructions. She either intuited that I was hopeless or I actually made a faux pas and expressed my ignorance on top of my gratitude. Still very nice of her, though.

Also, I have never listened o a podcast. I tried to listen to Serial when that was a thing, but there was just one digital step too many for me to take at the time. I wound up reading the transcripts, though, which is how I still consume podcast content.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • tschavtschav Posts: 2,756
    For those looking for the premade setlists on Spotify (featured on the main deep.pearljam.com page)
    DEEP: Best Of: https://open.spotify.com/playlist/5Qhmh79nGN9iioa0XdkikF?si=d5268c0c0d9e4ae1
    DEEP: Covers: https://open.spotify.com/playlist/1pWNOkKZN6NCOukuEora6x?si=0562fa18ef344e45
    DEEP: Know Your Rights: https://open.spotify.com/playlist/5rdjmGT2g0puFIGNKdfUWH?si=ad640b9f0ba7427f
  • gibbitsgibbits Posts: 500
    nuzzer1 said:
    gibbits said:
    These rando generated setlists are incredible. Do you think this was created to speed up the process for Ed? 
    hope not, its missing some cool songs! 
    Agreed! What do you think it's missing?!?!

Sonic Reducer
    Breath
    I Got ID
    Long Road
    Brain of J
    I Am Patriot
    Love, Reign O’er Me
    Eruption
    Footsteps
    Little Wing
    Red Mosquito
    The New World
    The Real Me
    Waiting For the Man
    Smile

Those stand out for me! 
    I'm super late at getting back to this and maybe I'm a weirdo but the first thing I looked for is Help, Help :D
    dankind said:
    dankind said:
    BF89905 said:
    NM70698 said:

Haha! You're probably one of the friends who's sent me a killer show that I'm not savvy enough to listen to.

I think it was PJ_Soul who sent me something a few years back and helped me download(?)upload(?/)rip(?)/burn(?) the file by giving me step-by-step instructions. She either intuited that I was hopeless or I actually made a faux pas and expressed my ignorance on top of my gratitude. Still very nice of her, though.

Also, I have never listened o a podcast. I tried to listen to Serial when that was a thing, but there was just one digital step too many for me to take at the time. I wound up reading the transcripts, though, which is how I still consume podcast content.
    IMO you’re better off. Stay disconnected! Have some friends figure out the album downloads for you. 😊

I’m 10 years your junior and have never listened to a podcast either. I don’t feel like I’m missing anything!
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
    dankind said:
    dankind said:
    BF89905 said:
    NM70698 said:

IMO you’re better off. Stay disconnected! Have some friends figure out the album downloads for you. 😊

I’m 10 years your junior and have never listened to a podcast either. I don’t feel like I’m missing anything!
    We got our daughter a mobile phone, and I have no idea how to use it. It's the same type as mine -- only a few generations later. 

Thing is my phone is on its last gasp -- always blinking in and out and holds a charge for about an hour or two (maybe) -- and I am at a loss about how to replace it.

I'd love to just go no mobile, but I don't think the wife would let that fly.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,250
    Sendai Is so damn good!
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • IMO you’re better off. Stay disconnected! Have some friends figure out the album downloads for you. 😊

I'll go kicking and screaming into the streaming world.  I still prefer buying albums on iTunes. Because of "Deep," I'll try Apple Music.

Podcasts are different animals.  They're like radio programs to which you can listen any time.  When radio came out, people also said, "I don't think I'm missing anything!"  (Ducks for cover)

I like the State of Love and Trust podcast.  For example, you can go here, see Songs We Prefer in the Studio Vs. Live, and click Play.

• raindog80raindog80 Reggio Emilia, Italy Posts: 1,141
    This DEEP is really amazing. 
    "I like beautiful melodies telling me terrible things" - Tom Waits
    pearljamonline.it
  • ImcoffeegirlImcoffeegirl Posts: 165
    tschav said:
    For those looking for the premade setlists on Spotify (featured on the main deep.pearljam.com page)
    DEEP: Best Of: https://open.spotify.com/playlist/5Qhmh79nGN9iioa0XdkikF?si=d5268c0c0d9e4ae1
    DEEP: Covers: https://open.spotify.com/playlist/1pWNOkKZN6NCOukuEora6x?si=0562fa18ef344e45
    DEEP: Know Your Rights: https://open.spotify.com/playlist/5rdjmGT2g0puFIGNKdfUWH?si=ad640b9f0ba7427f
    THANK YOU!!!  =)
    edited May 2021

Podcasts are different animals.  They're like radio programs to which you can listen any time.  When radio came out, people also said, "I don't think I'm missing anything!"  (Ducks for cover)
    I’ll take a transcribed podcast which I can skim. Actual radio has music! I don’t need to listen to people talking. :)
    davidos said:

The Best of starts playing on the Deep website after I click spotify. There is an option on each song to create a new playlist but I don't see the heart or any option to add the whole best of playlist.
    You “heart” the playlist and then it gets added. Using the desktop version of Spotify to do that. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Sobelberg8Sobelberg8 Posts: 923
    Sendai Is so damn good!
    I almost wrote the review for that one and gave it away to one of our other guys. Totally regret it.
    Hi, I host a Pearl Jam Podcast. We go back to some of the classic shows in their history and break down the entire setlist front to back. From historic perspective, to performances, to setlist construction, to fan stories. We do our best to capture the magic that is their live act and help you relive those memories, or if you weren't there, maybe turn you on to a show you've never heard before.

Live On 4 Legs can be found on Apple Podcast, Spotify and any other major podcast platform. But please support our website and check out the episodes archived there. Oh, and the Concertpedia as well (for you Five Horizons and Two Feet Thick fans, we've picked up where they've left off)

http://liveon4legs.com
  • Sobelberg8Sobelberg8 Posts: 923
    dankind said:
    dankind said:
    BF89905 said:
    NM70698 said:

I post links to my podcast on the forum every week when they come out. It’s pretty simple, especially if you just want to listen to it right from that forum page you can, there is a player embedded in and you just press play and listen. I’ll even show you here

the PJ podcast people, myself and many others included do a lot of great band related content, it’s worth learning how to listen, especially if you need fan voices to connect you to the band that’s a much different idea than being on a forum. I would never want someone to give up the opportunity to listen to something we researched and put a lot of effort into because they don’t know how to use it. There is always a way, and usually it’s easier than you think!
    Hi, I host a Pearl Jam Podcast. We go back to some of the classic shows in their history and break down the entire setlist front to back. From historic perspective, to performances, to setlist construction, to fan stories. We do our best to capture the magic that is their live act and help you relive those memories, or if you weren't there, maybe turn you on to a show you've never heard before.

Live On 4 Legs can be found on Apple Podcast, Spotify and any other major podcast platform. But please support our website and check out the episodes archived there. Oh, and the Concertpedia as well (for you Five Horizons and Two Feet Thick fans, we've picked up where they've left off)

http://liveon4legs.com
    dankind said:
    dankind said:
    BF89905 said:
    NM70698 said:

I post links to my podcast on the forum every week when they come out. It’s pretty simple, especially if you just want to listen to it right from that forum page you can, there is a player embedded in and you just press play and listen. I’ll even show you here

the PJ podcast people, myself and many others included do a lot of great band related content, it’s worth learning how to listen, especially if you need fan voices to connect you to the band that’s a much different idea than being on a forum. I would never want someone to give up the opportunity to listen to something we researched and put a lot of effort into because they don’t know how to use it. There is always a way, and usually it’s easier than you think!
    Nice work!

Personally, if I were to listen to a podcast, it would not be about Pearl Jam, though I imagine you certainly have a captive audience among the folks who post here.

Good stuff!
    I SAW PEARL JAM