Options

Has anyone gotten the vaccine?

Comments

• Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,883
    hedonist said:
    I’ll say it here: I’m fucking terrified of the second jab!

The first threw me for a couple of days. Given my super low platelets and general ill health, I confess to having not-so-pleasant scenarios play in my head come next month. 

Just gotta man up, so to speak, and bite the damn bullet.

Anyone else in a similar position (ie, already compromised health)?
    Go with a bottle of Gatorade right before and after the shot and take the next day off from work.  Have Tylenol on hand.  Good luck!! 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    mcgruff10 said:
    hedonist said:

The first threw me for a couple of days. Given my super low platelets and general ill health, I confess to having not-so-pleasant scenarios play in my head come next month. 

Go with a bottle of Gatorade right before and after the shot and take the next day off from work.  Have Tylenol on hand.  Good luck!! 
    Cirrhosis prevents me from both. Woohoo, me :rofl:

I will definitely do my best to keep as mentally chill as possible. Plus I’m sure healthy doses of THC will help (CBD does nada for me).
  • Options
    And thank you! I’ve got three weeks to (not) stew =)
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,539
    brianlux said:
    My wife and I had Moderna jab #2 Saturday Morning.  Went for our one hour walk afterwards and felt a bit tired.  By evening, was feeling a bit fatigued but my wife was in rough shape.  Sunday morning, she was doing better but I was in utter misery.  Massive, unrelenting headache, and body pain, especially to my lower back, that was brutal.  I wanted to die!  My over-all pain level was at least 8 1/2 out of ten and spiking frequently to full tilt agony. 
    But I'm not trying to scare anybody off.  My wife's reaction was much more normal.  I have a fairly compromised immune system from having had Epstein-Barr virus (which never really goes away) in the mid 1980's and low back pain issues.  So my advise is, if you are more prone to reacting to vaccines like I am, do the smart thing and get it anyway.  As bad my vaccine reaction was, for people like me, COVID would be far worse, and very possibly deadly.  Just make sure you have nothing planned for a day or two afterward. 
    I was starting to be on the upswing at 36 hours post jab, and fairly functional about 48 hours after the injection, and about 85% of normal here at 60 hours post injection.  In fact, we walked 1.7 miles today and only lost Sunday as a walking day.  It was a bit tough, but I managed OK at a moderate pace.  Sunday would have been consecutive walking day #142.  Today we started over again at walking day #1.
    You should keep the streak going.  You had to get the vaccine. Not your fault.  #143!
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,718
    Matts3221 said:
    Well done Brian.   Im in the awful position  of my 2nd AZ jab fast approaching  and I don't want it. My son and his gf also coming up to same situation  but they are under 30 so I feel  the risk what with  my mental state it's thrown me under the bus. 

Rob:

I can understand the nervousness , I am close to second shot and I know people my age ( mid 40's ) who did fine , some felt a little ill and one was just in bed for two days and felt awful , however all that said the few possible days of roughness is well worth the mental relief you will have to know you are vaccinated against a very deadly virus.

I have no actual proof to back this up but I do believe ( so take it for what it is worth ) that if you are stressed about it and think the worst will happen you will almost will it to happen to you. Not saying that people are all going to have no issues with the vaccine. Just try to stay positive.

Also remember all the talks we all had on our anxiety a year ago when this was blowing up.

I wish you and everyone else including myself the best on the second shot and getting a little more back to normal with my vaccinate friends.

hedonist said:

+1 add onto the above, too, is that stress definitely ends up wearing down the immune system. I got my shot on Sunday, made sure to stay hydrated, all was good albeit very slight soreness in my arm. Then, boom, Monday and all its obligations and stresses came. I was reading my son a book while getting him ready for bed and winding down when BAM it hit me. I felt the aches and chills I know my body gets when it's starting to fight something. I'm convinced that the stress of the day decreased my body's immune system. So, if you can, try to stay as present and stress-free as possible. Stay hydrated, get some physical exercise in, eat well, electrolytes, etc, whatever you have to do to reduce your stressors.

Good thoughts going out for all y'all on that #2 jab (and anyone else coming up in it).  Hang in there and keep us posted! 

Today was a bit of a set back for me. Saturday was jab #2 day, Sunday was hell day, Monday was "hallelujah, I'm out of the agony phase" day, and today, Tuesday, was trudging though the fatigue.  Hoping for a good day tomorrow.  Just have to be patient with this thing.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,789
    Lucky to have 2nd shot yesterday. Hope it gets easier for everyone to get it. Feel good so far and mainly grateful. Take care all
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    Got my 2nd Moderna shot yesterday. Arm is sore and have a headache, but good aside from that. No complaints and I’d do it again. Be well, all.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,631
    mfc2006 said:
    Got my 2nd Moderna shot yesterday. Arm is sore and have a headache, but good aside from that. No complaints and I’d do it again. Be well, all.
    Nice... tomorrow for me.
  • Options
    Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,430
    It's basically a sick joke that they would pause the entire country's J&J vaccinations over these tiny amounts of blood clots that may not even be related, and that they know how to treat even if it happens. Due to the vaccine delays and the doubts sowed there will be exponentially more death & suffering from the FDA's actions than from the vaccine (which is probably zero).
    Welp - signed up for Moderna now. 1st dose Saturday. Drink Gatorade is the advice I've heard.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    stuckinlinestuckinline Posts: 3,359
    It's basically a sick joke that they would pause the entire country's J&J vaccinations over these tiny amounts of blood clots that may not even be related, and that they know how to treat even if it happens. Due to the vaccine delays and the doubts sowed there will be exponentially more death & suffering from the FDA's actions than from the vaccine (which is probably zero).
    Welp - signed up for Moderna now. 1st dose Saturday. Drink Gatorade is the advice I've heard.
    Stay hydrated before and after your shot. Drink plenty of gatorade or water. Good luck!
  • Options
    Stay hydrated before and after your shot. Drink plenty of gatorade or water. Good luck!
    So you're saying lay off the whiskey, huh?  =)
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    I got both my Moderna ‘s and am as of today 2weeks past so 100% and so ready to put Covid in the rear view.
  • Options
    I got both my Moderna ‘s and am as of today 2weeks past so 100% and so ready to put Covid in the rear view.
    SUPER!!!

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,631
    2nd Phizer was yesterday and feel fine today.  There may be an emergency 18 in the cards though. 
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,623
    2nd Pfizer on Tuesday.  Nothing bad...kinda creaky with some joint pain but nothing crazy.  Headache yesterday and a slight one today.
    Did feel sorta run down on Wednesday but I kept my training schedule this week so it wasn't enough to slow that down.
    Happy to have no issues, hope others can have the same experience. 
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,383
    Wishful thinking? :confounded:
  • Options
    PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,774
    I'm not a medical professional but working in the business I do, I am aware that everyone responds differently to vaccines; the immune response and the reaction to a vaccine.  Both my older sister and my older brother felt ill for a day after their 2nd Pfizer vaccine; my sister is an alcoholic and my brother is bi-polar, my very healthy 87 year old father had zero issues after his 2nd dose. So I suppose if you have any kind of immuno-compromised situation you may feel ill, but that short period of illness outweighs contracting the virus without vaccination.  The vaccine will protect you from serious illness.  Please get vaccinated.  Please.  
  • Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,946
    My brother is an alcoholic and had zero effects from both Pfizer it seems totally random. But on AZ most I know got ill 1st dose. I did
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,526
    edited April 2021
    Pfizer - primer (shot 1). 2nd (booster) to come 4 months from now... earlier if we get lucky... later if we don't.
    Post edited by Spunkie on
  • Options
    cblock4lifecblock4life Posts: 1,401
    hedonist said:

Yes and no because you sound like you deal with shit everyday (sorry).  my 2nd moderna is coming up and I feel like you.  I vomited for 24 hours then just felt shitty for a whole week...but I had covid for 6 weeks last year so maybe that’s why my reaction was like that. Try not to think about it too much beforehand and I hope all goes well for you (a Blunt will help everything!) good luck! 
  • Options
    guacamolejoeguacamolejoe Posts: 2,396
    edited April 2021
    Had my second Moderna shot Thursday in Colorado. Didn't wake up feeling 100%. Got stoned and still went snowboarding that day 😜. 
    So, What you Giving ?........ (Thanks Speedy, Alesek, & Arq+friends)
    What You Giving

I suggest you step out on your Porch.
    Run away my son. See it all. Oh, See the World!
  • Options
    hedonist said:

Yes and no because you sound like you deal with shit everyday (sorry).  my 2nd moderna is coming up and I feel like you.  I vomited for 24 hours then just felt shitty for a whole week...but I had covid for 6 weeks last year so maybe that’s why my reaction was like that. Try not to think about it too much beforehand and I hope all goes well for you (a Blunt will help everything!) good luck! 
    Thank you!
  • Options
    E-G-A-GE-G-A-G Posts: 228
    Half vaxxed on the Pfizer. Had no ill effects from the first shot. I get my seoncd one on 4/22... 
  • Options
    ^^^I'm grateful to have them both. Second shot a little tired but nothing extraordinary. 
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Loujoe said:
    ^^^I'm grateful to have them both. Second shot a little tired but nothing extraordinary. 
    Samesies. 

(Actually, it was kind of a treat to stay in bed all day.)
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,718
    edited April 2021
    Microbot infusion #2 complete.  Transition has been gradual, approximately half complete.  Though not fully functional, unit is capable of brisk 2 mile walk per 24 hour time period.   Shut down period commences, stat.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    ^^^Sounds good and glad to hear a little sprinkle of fun mixed in there. Take care all
  • Options
    brianlux said:
    Microbot infusion #2 complete.  Transition has been gradual, approximately half complete.  Though not fully functional, unit is capable of brisk 2 mile walk per 24 hour time period.   Shut down period commences, stat.
    I made a few microchip jokes and the nurses got a kick out of it - Moderna shot 1 on Saturday. "Okay I'm gonna sit here and register my government microchip..."

• Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,432
    Got my 2nd Moderna shot on Saturday.  Arm started getting sore that night, and I was pretty fatigued all day yesterday.

Glad I am done with the shots for now!
  • Options
    1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    edited April 2021
    My wife and I received our first AstraZeneca shot about 5 minutes ago. The Alberta government approved 40-55 year olds to receive the shot today and I booked an appt at a local pharmacy. 
    Big relief really. 

EDITED for accuracy above. 40-55 year olds.
    Post edited by 1ThoughtKnown on