Options

Has anyone gotten the vaccine?

Comments

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,631
    My wife and I received our first AstraZeneca shot about 5 minutes ago. The Alberta government approved 40-64 year olds to receive the shot today and I booked an appt at a local pharmacy. 
    Big relief really. 
    Nice, congrats.
  • Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,788
    My wife and I received our first AstraZeneca shot about 5 minutes ago. The Alberta government approved 40-64 year olds to receive the shot today and I booked an appt at a local pharmacy. 
    Big relief really. 
    Great news. Take care and hope all that wants it gets it.
  • Options
    1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    mrussel1 said:
    Big relief really. 
    Nice, congrats.
    Loujoe said:
    Big relief really. 
    Great news. Take care and hope all that wants it gets it.
    Thanks gentlemen! Appreciate the kind words 👍
    Health and happiness in other to everybody 💉 
  • Options
    Pfizer here in Toronto
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    Pfizer here in Toronto
    Canada’s hotspot. Hope you are holding up through the lockdown. 
    Glad to hear you got the vaccine. Thoughts are with my fellow Canadians out east. My wife’s family lives up highway 69
  • Options
    Got my 2nd Pfizer shot this morning. Sore arm and tired, but feeling fortunate.
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,744
    Finally became eligible in Illinois last week.  Apparently I am not essential at all...and didn't want to be like the assholes who butted themselves to the front of the line before their turn.  Have my 1st shot scheduled for tomorrow.  
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,779
    Finally became eligible in Illinois last week.  Apparently I am not essential at all...and didn't want to be like the assholes who butted themselves to the front of the line before their turn.  Have my 1st shot scheduled for tomorrow.  
    Trust me - you wouldn't be an asshole. If you qualify you qualify, and locations were throwing away doses because they're time sensitive. And we're now seeing supply outweigh demand.
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    edited April 2021
    Pfully vaccinated as of last Pfriday (as you can guess, Pfizer).  So the target date for maximum efficacy is 4/30.
    Definitely had it worse the second round, but it still wasn't bad.  Typical shoulder soreness.  Had full body aches shortly after I woke up Saturday.  Lasted all day into the evening when I could finally feel it starting to let up.  Went to bed and woke at 1am with no aches, feeling pretty much normal with a very minor headache and stuffy nose.  When I got up Sunday morning, those had subsided as well.  Didn't have any reactions or symptoms from the first round.  But reactions from the second round means it's working, so I'll take that as a plus.
    Post edited by HesCalledDyer on
  • Options
    Trust me - you wouldn't be an asshole. If you qualify you qualify, and locations were throwing away doses because they're time sensitive. And we're now seeing supply outweigh demand.
    Oh yeah I get that but there were lots of people who did not qualify that were still getting the vaccine early in the rollout instead of the people who needed it much more.  That shit just rubs me the wrong way so I waited for my turn.
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    What rubs me the wrong way is that there are LOTS of eligible Trumpers around here who need the vaccine but are absolutely refusing to get it.  I don't feel the least bit guilty about jumping in line and taking one of their dumbfuck turns.  My county went from not being able to schedule an appointment 6 weeks ago unless you were 65 & had cancer to supply now far exceeding demand.
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,779
    What rubs me the wrong way is that there are LOTS of eligible Trumpers around here who need the vaccine but are absolutely refusing to get it.  I don't feel the least bit guilty about jumping in line and taking one of their dumbfuck turns.  My county went from not being able to schedule an appointment 6 weeks ago unless you were 65 & had cancer to supply now far exceeding demand.
    Exactly. And it's only going to get worse and be the reason herd immunity will be tough to reach. Not trying to be a rain cloud, but everyone's elated by how well we've been vaxing (and we certainly have!) but the marginal return on that is going to slow down big time (as it has already started). Messaging, communication, and outreach need to ramp up big time.
  • Options
    Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,430
    It won't be long until everyone else stops wearing masks and those antiva people are going to be in for a nasty surprise.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    Pfizer here in Toronto
    Glad to hear you got the vaccine. Thoughts are with my fellow Canadians out east. My wife’s family lives up highway 69
    Trying to stay positive here. Trying to not let the people who are constantly focusing on just the negative get to me. I have my health, my family,  a job and the hope that we will make it through this even if it means putting other things on hold for the short term.
  • Options
    I read that US is holding tens of millions of AZ vaccines, which aren't even approved for use here. I have no idea why we aren't exporting these. We have enough Pfizer/Moderna for the whole country and we also will resume J&J soon. We are also soon going to run out of willing vaccine takers due to the massive MAGA/Antiva presence.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,254
    Pfizer #2 tomorrow.
  • Options
    I read that US is holding tens of millions of AZ vaccines, which aren't even approved for use here. I have no idea why we aren't exporting these. We have enough Pfizer/Moderna for the whole country and we also will resume J&J soon. We are also soon going to run out of willing vaccine takers due to the massive MAGA/Antiva presence.
    Correct. It’s around 20 million or so
  • Options
    Correct. It’s around 20 million or so
    Somehow our Philly teams have managed to play against all those Toronto teams in playoff series. A couple rough endings for us...

• Options
    Pfizer here in Toronto
    Trying to stay positive here. Trying to not let the people who are constantly focusing on just the negative get to me. I have my health, my family,  a job and the hope that we will make it through this even if it means putting other things on hold for the short term.
    Staying positive is the only way! Keep your chin up pal.
  • Options
    BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,469
    Going to be calling today to book mine and my wife's appointments. Were finally in the right age group.....whoohooo!.  We'll prolly be getting the AZ vaccine. Axtuakkynexxited for it
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,718
    12 days past my 2nd Moderna injection and I still struggle with some fatigue.  I'm not anti-vacc, but I'm wary of them.  And I think for good reason.  Sure would like to feel more normal again.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    brianlux said:
    12 days past my 2nd Moderna injection and I still struggle with some fatigue.  I'm not anti-vacc, but I'm wary of them.  And I think for good reason.  Sure would like to feel more normal again.
    That's crazy.  I had zero side effects, not even sore arm.  Still worth it, my friend.  Now you can hang out on corners with your MAGA flags and not worry about it.  When in Rome....
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    brianlux said:
    That's crazy.  I had zero side effects, not even sore arm.  Still worth it, my friend.  Now you can hang out on corners with your MAGA flags and not worry about it.  When in Rome....
    Just the thought of doing that lifts my spirits!  I wonder, if I were to happen to see Marjorie Taylor Greene and I ran up and kissed her on the lips, do you suppose she would mind? :heart:

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    brianlux said:
    mrussel1 said:
    brianlux said:
    Just the thought of doing that lifts my spirits!  I wonder, if I were to happen to see Marjorie Taylor Greene and I ran up and kissed her on the lips, do you suppose she would mind? :heart:

Ha!  Who knows how many vaccines you'll need after that! 
  • Options
    Got my 1st Pfizer dose yesterday.  Arm is pretty sore but other than that I feel fine.  Hopefully it's the same for the 2nd dose in 3 weeks...
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,254
    Got my Pfizer #2 yesterday.  24 hours later all I've experienced is a sore arm.  

• Options
    My wife had a tough 24 hours after the first AstrZeneca shot. Spent much of the day in bed with very little energy. Much better today though. 
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    brianlux said:
    mrussel1 said:
    brianlux said:

No vaccines would be needed, just a lobotomy!

• Options
    mrussel1 said:
    brianlux said:
    mrussel1 said:
    brianlux said:

Good grief I hope he was joking - that lady is gross!

• Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    mrussel1 said:
    brianlux said:
    mrussel1 said:
    brianlux said:

LOL
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com