Has anyone gotten the vaccine?

Comments

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    got our AZ shots on Wednesday. Wife felt a bit "off" Thursday, but fine now, and I have no effects at all. My brother and sister got theirs yesterday; brother is bed ridden, sister is feeling flu-y. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,708
    It seems Totally random.  My Dr seems to think worse reaction =you Would have bad covid.
     I don't agree but I'm not a dr
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,708
    I'm sure most I've known had a reaction  of some kind to AZ.  1st dose.  I have my 2nd on 6th May. I was bed ridden 1st dose so hope to not .
    A. Clot
    B. be bed ridden again.
    C. Have to have any more 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    C. will surely be down the road. Most vaccinations will need a booster shot every year.
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,694
    edited April 2021
    It seems Totally random.  My Dr seems to think worse reaction =you Would have bad covid.
    That was my thought as well. I had a very mild case of Covid and had a similar reaction to the first shot - low grade fever and some fatigue that lasted a day (with the sore arm as well). I get my second Moderna shot on Wednesday - so I will see how it goes. My sister had a really bad reaction to the 2nd shot - she had fever, severe muscle pain, nausea, etc. It only lasted a day or so. She never had Covid, but I wonder if she had, if her case would have been much worse than mine was.

Post edited by GlowGirl on
  • Matts3221Matts3221 Posts: 658
    brianlux said:
    12 days past my 2nd Moderna injection and I still struggle with some fatigue.  I'm not anti-vacc, but I'm wary of them.  And I think for good reason.  Sure would like to feel more normal again.

I know two people who had 2nd Modera and had linger effects for about 3 weeks ( fatigue ). In the end totally worth it. I wish you the best and that the linger effects get better each day.

• mca47mca47 Posts: 13,244
    I could see that as a possibility.  At this point, who really knows?  The whole thing is so bizarre.  
    I had no issues or reaction with either Pfizer one or two (except a sore arm).  My older parents, had no issues.  My brother, who had Covid and had it pretty bad (really bad symptoms and lasted over a month!) got knocked down hard by the first Pfizer vaccine.  If I were him, I would NOT be looking forward to that second stick!
  • g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,120
    I just got my second dose of the Phyzer vaccine last Sunday with minimal effects. However, the first dose made really sleepy at first then became energized later. I slept straight through the night which is unusual for me. The next morning all I wanted to do was go back to sleep, I could not stop yawning.

I'm sure later this year a booster shot is going to be needed especially living in South Florida. 

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    Our federal government has just announced that we have contracted for up to an additional 30 million doses of the Pfizer vaccine in 2022 and up to 35 million in 2023 to be used as boosters, if necessary, and for people who have not yet been vaccinated. This includes the potential for the vaccine to be modified to deal with new variants.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • 1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    Our federal government has just announced that we have contracted for up to an additional 30 million doses of the Pfizer vaccine in 2022 and up to 35 million in 2023 to be used as boosters, if necessary, and for people who have not yet been vaccinated. This includes the potential for the vaccine to be modified to deal with new variants.
    Great news! 
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,315
    I was confused - like "that's not nearly enough" - then I realized - good for you Canada. I'm gonna call my man Joe and tell him to send some more A-Z doses northward. My parents live in Delaware - it's tiny, everyone knows everyone there.  =)
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,710
    I scheduled for my first dose on May 7 in the morning and second dose one month later (pfizer)
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,015
    Just got 2nd dose of Pfizer this morning

so far so good
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    edited April 2021
    yes,both doses since february,
    Pfizer  
    1st dose a bit headache for 2 days
    2nd dose,nothing..
    did antibodies test as well.
    all good  
    Post edited by dimitrispearljam on
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,438
    Very disappointed at our goverment right now.  Registered on the Ontario covid  site to get an appointment  for a shot last Wednesday, received confirmation and everything and still haven't heard back yet on the date. Unreal!!
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    Shot number one first thing this morning.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
    I scheduled for my first dose on May 7 in the morning and second dose one month later (pfizer)
    I originally was going to this. (went to our county's website and filled everything out and all) but then someone mentioned CVS is doing vaccine shots. So i went on this morning to see what they had. They had one for Friday after work which worked out better then the other date. So i scheduled my first dose for this Friday instead, Pfizer

8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,418
    I originally was going to this. (went to our county's website and filled everything out and all) but then someone mentioned CVS is doing vaccine shots. So i went on this morning to see what they had. They had one for Friday after work which worked out better then the other date. So i scheduled my first dose for this Friday instead, Pfizer

assume you canceled the other one
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    mickeyrat said:

assume you canceled the other one

yes i did
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Getting my second Moderna tomorrow morning. I’m a bit nervous but looking forward to getting it over with. 
  • HawkshoreHawkshore Posts: 2,139
    Got my first Pfizer shot yesterday afternoon ...I guess a perk of living in a hot zone! Thankfully no side effects 
    Van 92.07.21 / Van 98.07.19 / Sea 98.07.22 / Tor 98.08.22 / Sea 00.11.06 / Van 03.05.30/ Van 05.09.02/ Gorge 06.07.22 & 23 / EV Van 08.04.02 / Tor 09.08.21 / Sea 09.09.21 & 22 / Van 09.09.25 / Van 11.09.25 / Van 13.12.04 / Pem 16.07.17 / Sea 18.08.10
  • stuckinlinestuckinline Posts: 3,357
    GlowGirl said:
    Getting my second Moderna tomorrow morning. I’m a bit nervous but looking forward to getting it over with. 
    Hydrate before and after your shot.
    I had fewer side effects with the 2nd Moderna shot.
    Good luck!
  • MalrothMalroth broken down chevrolet Posts: 2,483
    2nd moderna.
    Didn't hurt as much as first.
    Placebo.
    The worst of times..they don't phase me,
    even if I look and act really crazy.
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,769
    Getting my 2nd Pfizer shot tomorrow.  
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,171
    Got Pfizer dose 2 this afternoon.
    We'll see what tomorrow brings.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    GlowGirl said:
    My 2nd dose side effects hit about 18 hours after.
    Same for my boss.
    Lasted a few hours.
    Then exhausted the next day
    GlowGirl said:
    My 2nd dose side effects hit about 18 hours after.
    Same for my boss.
    Lasted a few hours.
    Then exhausted the next day
    Thanks. I hope the effects are mild but I told my boss that I may need to take Thursday off depending. I work at home so if I feel ok I can just bring my laptop into my bed. If not, I will take the day off. 
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,144
    Yes
    I miss igotid88
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,171
    So far so good.
    Mild arm soreness, less than first shot and feel a little lethargic but nothing that can't be handled.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    First shot affected me 18 hours after. Woke up shivering. Felt sick is the whole next day. Currently it has been 49 hours. I feel pretty fine, but sore & achy as all hell. I have tried to drink plenty of water throughout. 

FWIW: I had covid in January. 1 day was brutal and the rest was reminiscent of common cold and flu.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory