Options

Cancelled!

Comments

• Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,516
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:

such a dumbfuck. seriously. how much tourism revenue flows to fla due to their presence? granted a shit ton flows to them direct but fla sees a good chunk too
    Desantis is going after Disney because they criticized his parental rights bill. 

Where are all the 1A / free speech advocates at? 

oh this latest was the public humiliation he earned from their last minute board rule. masterful move.
    Agreed.

It's odd how a state government going after a corporation for speech doesn't move the cancel culture needle like the op-ed from a single person criticizing white behavior online. 
    Or a repub house going after two black legislators but not the white one in TN. Strike another red state from the list of states I’d visit. 

Or 'cancelling' everything that falls under their umbrella definition of CRT while simultaneously telling us systemic racism doesn't exist. 
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,065
    brianlux said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    I've heard Bud is like a premium beer in other parts of the world. Always wondered if that's true. And that Corona is considered a "premium" beer here, but its Mexico's bud light. 
    I heard the same for Corona. 
    Who considers Corona a "premium" beer though? One of their beers is called "Premier," I think. But do people really consider Corona to be a top shelf beer here?
    I put premium in quotes because I didn't know what to call it. More exotic/better than Bud? More people I know scoff at Bud than Corona. Yet they are basically the equivalent from different countries.
    I do prefer Corona though. 
    Yeah I will take a Corona over a Budweiser or anything resembling a Budweiser ten times out of ten. I think that speaks more to how bad those kinds of beer are than how good Corona is though. lol

Corona's a nice day drinking beer though. By the pool, after a mowing of the lawn, etc. Lil' lime...its okay. 
    The mental gymnastics needed to get to the conclusion that Corona is a good beer is amazing...

If I'm doing something fun it can taste good...if I'm really hot and thirsty and I can throw it down my throat without tasting it it can taste good....if you add lime to it it can taste good... hahahahaha

They are all slightly different variations of shitty beer. None of it is good :)

I have to admit to once upon a time long ago actually enjoying a really shitty beer.  Back in the mid 70's when I was living in western New York state for a few years, I acquired a liking for Iron City Beer which came out of Pittsburgh.

Funny thing is, back then people on the east coast would RAVE about Coors beer.  At the time, Coors was only available west of the Mississippi.  So when I was back there, anytime the topic of beer came up, people would ask me all kinds of questions about Coors and tell me how envious they where that as a Californian, I could have it any time I wanted.  I would laugh and tell them, "I almost never drink that crap."  That did not garner me many friends back there, lol!
    OMG Iron City!  HA!  That is without a doubt one of the worst beers I've ever had.  I rank it up there with Olympia as bad tasting goes, lol.
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,759
    brianlux said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    I've heard Bud is like a premium beer in other parts of the world. Always wondered if that's true. And that Corona is considered a "premium" beer here, but its Mexico's bud light. 
    I heard the same for Corona. 
    Who considers Corona a "premium" beer though? One of their beers is called "Premier," I think. But do people really consider Corona to be a top shelf beer here?
    I put premium in quotes because I didn't know what to call it. More exotic/better than Bud? More people I know scoff at Bud than Corona. Yet they are basically the equivalent from different countries.
    I do prefer Corona though. 
    Yeah I will take a Corona over a Budweiser or anything resembling a Budweiser ten times out of ten. I think that speaks more to how bad those kinds of beer are than how good Corona is though. lol

Corona's a nice day drinking beer though. By the pool, after a mowing of the lawn, etc. Lil' lime...its okay. 
    The mental gymnastics needed to get to the conclusion that Corona is a good beer is amazing...

If I'm doing something fun it can taste good...if I'm really hot and thirsty and I can throw it down my throat without tasting it it can taste good....if you add lime to it it can taste good... hahahahaha

They are all slightly different variations of shitty beer. None of it is good :)

I have to admit to once upon a time long ago actually enjoying a really shitty beer.  Back in the mid 70's when I was living in western New York state for a few years, I acquired a liking for Iron City Beer which came out of Pittsburgh.

Funny thing is, back then people on the east coast would RAVE about Coors beer.  At the time, Coors was only available west of the Mississippi.  So when I was back there, anytime the topic of beer came up, people would ask me all kinds of questions about Coors and tell me how envious they where that as a Californian, I could have it any time I wanted.  I would laugh and tell them, "I almost never drink that crap."  That did not garner me many friends back there, lol!
    OMG Iron City!  HA!  That is without a doubt one of the worst beers I've ever had.  I rank it up there with Olympia as bad tasting goes, lol.

Today, I would probably find it pretty disgusting, haha!  But in my early 20's and living back east (which in of itself was a whole new experience and vibe), pretty much all things east coast carried a certain fascination for me.  I'll probably always live here in my home region, the west, but back east still has strong nostalgic feel for me that extends back to my pop having grown up in PA and visiting my grandmother back there between 1960 and 1970, and living there for a while in the mid 70s' (plus other visits since).
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    VitalogensiaVitalogensia Posts: 1,933
    Woah woah woah, say what you will about Iron City, perhaps an acquired taste to non-yinzers, but I'll be damned if anyone tries to trash IC Light, or IC Light Mango, or the new IC'd Tea. Premium beer at its finest, folks. 
    Virginia Beach 2000; Pittsburgh 2000; Columbus 2003; D.C. 2003; Pittsburgh 2006; Virginia Beach 2008; Cleveland 2010; PJ20 2011; Pittsburgh 2013; Baltimore 2013; Charlottesville 2013; Charlotte 2013; Lincoln 2014; Moline 2014; St. Paul 2014; Greenville 2016; Hampton 2016; Lexington 2016; Wrigley 2016; Prague 2018; Krakow 2018; Berlin 2018; Fenway 2018; Camden 2022; St. Paul 2023
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    Woah woah woah, say what you will about Iron City, perhaps an acquired taste to non-yinzers, but I'll be damned if anyone tries to trash IC Light, or IC Light Mango, or the new IC'd Tea. Premium beer at its finest, folks. 

If I ever make it back east again one day, I will definitely give Iron City another go- both for old time's sake and my twisted curiosity.  :lol:
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,126
    brianlux said:

If I ever make it back east again one day, I will definitely give Iron City another go- both for old time's sake and my twisted curiosity.  :lol:
    Don't do it.  I was born in Pittsburgh...but I like beer.  That stuff is nasty like Bud light nasty.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    brianlux said:

Don't do it.  I was born in Pittsburgh...but I like beer.  That stuff is nasty like Bud light nasty.
    My dad brought back a couple cases for my older brothers when they were in college.  Their frat referred to it afterwards as Iron Stomach, which cracks me up.  I haven't been back to da Burgh in way too long, but my understanding is that they have some great breweries up there now.
    Virginia Beach 2000; Pittsburgh 2000; Columbus 2003; D.C. 2003; Pittsburgh 2006; Virginia Beach 2008; Cleveland 2010; PJ20 2011; Pittsburgh 2013; Baltimore 2013; Charlottesville 2013; Charlotte 2013; Lincoln 2014; Moline 2014; St. Paul 2014; Greenville 2016; Hampton 2016; Lexington 2016; Wrigley 2016; Prague 2018; Krakow 2018; Berlin 2018; Fenway 2018; Camden 2022; St. Paul 2023
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,179
    bud light is just trans meister brau.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,315
    edited April 2023
    These fucking idiots are still destroying Bud Lights 

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,314
    These fucking idiots are still destroying Bud Lights 

So they buy them and then destroy them 😂😂😂 snowflake idiots you can’t make up the stupidity! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    cblock4lifecblock4life Posts: 1,411
    brianlux said:

Pittsburgh girl myself.  Still spend time there (family). 
    Take his advice….it’s still crappy as ever.  
  • Options
    brianlux said:

brianlux said:

You folks have to know I'll take that as a challenge... lol... and if I haven't puked yet, I'll chase the IC with nice cold Pacifico, or Modelo Negra.... assuming I can locate either one out there!

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,608
    any beer that needs a lime to make it drinkable is a bad beer. yeah, i said it.

True, but I really like a lime wedge with actual good beer, lol.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    MalrothMalroth broken down chevrolet Posts: 2,486
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:

brianlux said:

You folks have to know I'll take that as a challenge... lol... and if I haven't puked yet, I'll chase the IC with nice cold Pacifico, or Modelo Negra.... assuming I can locate either one out there!
    this reminds me of taking shots of malort in chicago.
    The worst of times..they don't phase me,
    even if I look and act really crazy.
  • Options
    i like beers that don't hurt my fragile little feelings.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

• Options
    Malroth said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:

brianlux said:

this reminds me of taking shots of malort in chicago.
    I had Malört for the first time a month or so ago...wow is that terrible.
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412
    mace1229 said:
    Can we boycott Mario Kart? I always hated the rainbow road levels!

Ask and you shall receive. Maga is now mad at Mario Brothers. It was only a matter of time. 

Must’ve never played Mario 2 and exploited Princess Peach’s hangtime level after level. 
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,817
    Really? All I see are right wingers praising it because it did great at the box office without forcing any woke  storylines. They did the Same thing with Top
    Gun. 
  • Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,829
    I'm seeing Super Mario Brothers as both "woke" (for the Princess issue referenced above) and anti-woke because a conservative actor (Chris Pratt) is a key voice and some "non diversity" reason. I know it's the libs that are non-playable characters but what's a good MAGA disciple supposed to do with such differing info?

It must really be exhausting examining everything with a fine-tooth comb for its place on the woke/anti-woke scale.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,516
    The culture wars over movies and beers are fun & all, but I can't help but feel like that's all a distraction...

https://heartlandsignal.com/2023/04/11/missouri-house-republicans-vote-to-defund-libraries/

"Missouri House Republicans voted to defund all of the state’s public libraries, in a proposed $45.6 billion state budget that will soon move to a vote in the GOP-controlled state Senate.

The Missouri House debated for over eight hours last Tuesday on a budget that is roughly $2 billion less than the one Gov. Mike Parson (R) proposed last January, cutting not only the $4.5 million Parson had slated for libraries, but also costs for diversity initiatives, childcare and pre-kindergarten programs." 

• Options
    The culture wars over movies and beers are fun & all, but I can't help but feel like that's all a distraction...

https://heartlandsignal.com/2023/04/11/missouri-house-republicans-vote-to-defund-libraries/

"Missouri House Republicans voted to defund all of the state’s public libraries, in a proposed $45.6 billion state budget that will soon move to a vote in the GOP-controlled state Senate.

The Missouri House debated for over eight hours last Tuesday on a budget that is roughly $2 billion less than the one Gov. Mike Parson (R) proposed last January, cutting not only the $4.5 million Parson had slated for libraries, but also costs for diversity initiatives, childcare and pre-kindergarten programs." 

Always has been, always will be.  At least from the party leaders; I'm sure there are simple everyday people (i.e., dipshits) who really do get riled up over this stuff. 
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    nicknyr15 said:
    Really? All I see are right wingers praising it because it did great at the box office without forcing any woke  storylines. They did the Same thing with Top
    Gun. 
    That's after it made a shit load of money. Last week was Peach not being girly enough or some shit. 
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,817
    nicknyr15 said:
    Gun. 
    That's after it made a shit load of money. Last week was Peach not being girly enough or some shit. 
    Gotcha. That makes perfect sense now. 
  • Options

• Options
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,251
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    he didn't get the memo that busch light was absolutely NOT canceled.

• Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,655
    Poncier said:
    he didn't get the memo that busch light was absolutely NOT canceled.
    Doing God's work.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    God they are so stupid
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,881
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14