Options

Cancelled!

Comments

• Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,728
    edited May 2021
    I mean they just do not come more conservative than a Cheney. There is no more proof required to confirm that this party is nothing more than a cult at this point. A cult filled with a bunch of disingenuous fucking hypocrites who hate democracy.
    I think this is a worse look for the GOP than brown-nosing Trump during his term was. At least when he was president, he was master and ruler of the party so either get in line or get out. I would've gotten out myself, but I'm not a spineless partisan. But now, to still appease Trump, who is a fake conservative just like he's a fake everything, they're rising up against someone that was a conservative from the moment she was conceived, in favor of someone who's a conservative when it fits his best interest to be one. Like I've said several times, if there was a path to the presidency through the democratic party, Trump would've been down at migrant detention centers, arm around AOC (probably copping a feel), weeping about what these poor migrants are going through. 

There's some talk about some real Republicans breaking away from the Trump cult and forming a third party. 

Disaffected Republicans threaten breakaway third party to kneecap Trump’s GOP. (slate.com)
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,832
    I mean they just do not come more conservative than a Cheney. There is no more proof required to confirm that this party is nothing more than a cult at this point. A cult filled with a bunch of disingenuous fucking hypocrites who hate democracy.
    I think this is a worse look for the GOP than brown-nosing Trump during his term was. At least when he was president, he was master and ruler of the party so either get in line or get out. I would've gotten out myself, but I'm not a spineless partisan. But now, to still appease Trump, who is a fake conservative just like he's a fake everything, they're rising up against someone that was a conservative from the moment she was conceived, in favor of someone who's a conservative when it fits his best interest to be one. Like I've said several times, if there was a path to the presidency through the democratic party, Trump would've been down at migrant detention centers, arm around AOC (probably copping a feel), weeping about what these poor migrants are going through. 

There's some talk about some real Republicans breaking away from the Trump cult and forming a third party. 

Disaffected Republicans threaten breakaway third party to kneecap Trump’s GOP. (slate.com)
    that would only guarantee a democratic dynasty for years to come so it won't happen. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,728

that would only guarantee a democratic dynasty for years to come so it won't happen. 
    And I wouldn't be too pleased with that. It's probably just a threat, and I can see where it's coming from. I can't imagine being a real anti-Trump Republican and having to deal with him STILL. Again, I get burying your head when it was either him or Hillary. But now, cut your losses and move on.

Like if Trump runs in 2024, can any other Republican even run against him in the primary, or are they too afraid of his cult? I think DeSantis would make for a good nominee, but he himself likes Trump. With Trump out of the picture, someone like DeSantis could appeal to normal Republicans and Trump-lovers. But against Trump? What would he say? Nothing is what he'd say. He'd back off and wait for 2028. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,764

And I wouldn't be too pleased with that. It's probably just a threat, and I can see where it's coming from. I can't imagine being a real anti-Trump Republican and having to deal with him STILL. Again, I get burying your head when it was either him or Hillary. But now, cut your losses and move on.

Like if Trump runs in 2024, can any other Republican even run against him in the primary, or are they too afraid of his cult? I think DeSantis would make for a good nominee, but he himself likes Trump. With Trump out of the picture, someone like DeSantis could appeal to normal Republicans and Trump-lovers. But against Trump? What would he say? Nothing is what he'd say. He'd back off and wait for 2028. 

pence is out as vice on a 24 ticket.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:

no one will ever hear or see of Pence again. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,225
    mickeyrat said:

This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,157
    mickeyrat said:

pence is going to run on his own and promptly suspend after iowa.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    I think trump already knows who he'd choose, and I don't see Owens as being it, no matter how much she begs him. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    mickeyrat said:

you think pence runs, even after the Insurrection?
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    mickeyrat said:

100%

he is still out there propping up the "success" of the trump administration.

the guy has the self awareness of a hammer.

plus jesus is telling him to run, so, you know, he's gotta run.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

• Options
    mickeyrat said:

100%

is it jesus or Mother?

"mother, should we drop the bomb?"
    "mother should we build the wall?"

Pink Floyd may have predicted our future. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    mickeyrat said:

100%

is it jesus or Mother?

it is jesus.

pence is a fundamentalist. he thinks mother is subservient.

• Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,823
    I just don't see Pence having enough support to make a run. The Trumpers don't like him and if the Trumpers don't like you, you're not getting anywhere in the Party of Trump. Will he run? Maybe, but he won't last as long as Carly Fiorona did.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:

100%

is it jesus or Mother?

it is jesus.

LOL, i know, it was a joke. 

however, it seems he is subservient to mother. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    mickeyrat said:

100%

is it jesus or Mother?

it is jesus.

LOL, i know, it was a joke. 

however, it seems he is subservient to mother. 
    that's what he'd have you believe.

see, he is a good politician. he was bred for this shit.

• Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,600
    mickeyrat said:

100%

is it jesus or Mother?

it is jesus.

Pence is his mother, like at the Pence Motel. Have you ever seen the two of them in the same room at the same time? Exactly.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    ^^^^ lol
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    gal gadot and trevor noah about to get cancelled outta here. 

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,272
    edited May 2021

The breaking point should've come years ago. But maybe it will be if the lose the house again next year? I mean the other party always regains the house. So if the Trumplicans cannot do it, that will have to be an eye opener. 

I also think this whole Cheney thing helps the democrats continue to do well with those more moderate suburban voters who see this as another indicator of the Trumplicans becoming more and more of a cult instead of a political party. The democrats will probably still screw it up, but we will see. 

I don't know if it's Putin or someone else, but you just get the feeling there is some blackmail going on here one way or another. It just doesn't make sense, politically---let alone what it's doing to our democracy, for them to continue to narrow their base down even further instead of trying to grow it. Something just does not add up. Maybe we will find out some day down the road...

Edit---And depending on if it happens and what it looks like, I am not certain who this third party would even benefit. Could even sway those moderate/independent suburbanites away from the dems.

Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

The breaking point should've come years ago. But maybe it will be if the lose the house again next year? I mean the other party always regains the house. So if the Trumplicans cannot do it, that will have to be an eye opener. 

I also think this whole Cheney thing helps the democrats continue to do well with those more moderate suburban voters who see this as another indicator of the Trumplicans becoming more and more of a cult instead of a political party. The democrats will probably still screw it up, but we will see. 

I don't know if it's Putin or someone else, but you just get the feeling there is some blackmail going on here one way or another. It just doesn't make sense, politically---let alone what it's doing to our democracy, for them to continue to narrow their base down even further instead of trying to grow it. Something just does not add up. Maybe we will find out some day down the road...

do not forget that the 2020 election was not even fucking close. more people voted for democratic house and senate candidates on the whole, even though the dems did not pick up that many seats. jerrymandering is the main reason. the gop knows this. their voters are fleeing. their voters are dying off. most young people will never ever vote republican, so there are not enough new republicans to replace those that are dying.

in 7 of the last 8 national elections, ,more people have voted for democratic candidates than republican ones. 

the gop knows they cannot win on issues. they are in an untenable position and they will never win another national election unless they cheat. this is why they have to change the voting laws.

• Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,764

do not forget that the 2020 election was not even fucking close. more people voted for democratic house and senate candidates on the whole, even though the dems did not pick up that many seats. jerrymandering is the main reason. the gop knows this. their voters are fleeing. their voters are dying off. most young people will never ever vote republican, so there are not enough new republicans to replace those that are dying.

in 7 of the last 8 national elections, ,more people have voted for democratic candidates than republican ones. 

the gop knows they cannot win on issues. they are in an untenable position and they will never win another national election unless they cheat. this is why they have to change the voting laws.

and its time to redraw districts
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,294
    Wait so Qpublicans cry foul about cancel culture but see nothing wrong with canceling Cheney lol 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    Wait so Qpublicans cry foul about cancel culture but see nothing wrong with canceling Cheney lol 
    I shared an article about it on facebook and sarcastically said "cancel culture strikes again." A qanon dope I want to high school with replied "bye felicia." I don't think they even see the irony. So many of them are so far gone. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    I shared an article about it on facebook and sarcastically said "cancel culture strikes again." A qanon dope I want to high school with replied "bye felicia." I don't think they even see the irony. So many of them are so far gone. 
    surprised you are even friends with that dope. i purged all of those people. i mean the fellow classmates that never left home. the ones that think olive garden is fine dining. the ones that think that educated immigrants are coming to take their $7.25 an hour job. you know the ones. 

• Options
    surprised you are even friends with that dope. i purged all of those people. i mean the fellow classmates that never left home. the ones that think olive garden is fine dining. the ones that think that educated immigrants are coming to take their $7.25 an hour job. you know the ones. 
    I thought I actually muted him after 1/6. Maybe that expires after a certain time. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,006
    Wait, Olive Garden isn't fine dining?  But them breadsticks though!?! Cmon!!!
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,225
    Wait, Olive Garden isn't fine dining?  But them breadsticks though!?! Cmon!!!
    Unlimited soup and salad!
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,498
    Their sun dried tomato sauce on the ravioli is pretty good.
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,006
    Oh shit, first mustard talk now Olive Garden...
  • Options
    I put ketchup on my bread sticks. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com