Options

Cancelled!

Comments

• Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,020
    Hey conservatives, does this count as cancel culture? Or does cancel culture only apply to shitty celebrities facing consequences for their own stupidity? 

Asking on behalf of our first amendment and 330M of my fellow countrymen. 

I'll play devils advocate on this and ask a few questions.

If I am in my car and I get swarmed by a mob and they start banging on my windows trying to get at me and or my family, fearing for my life I run through them to flee, is this what that law is protecting?

If you protest in an area but you decide to create some carnage, is that what this is going after?

My guess would be that it is to protect peoples possession's and well being?  I can see it easily being misconstrued and the race card played.  

Regarding your first question: are you swarmed by a mob, or are you trying to drive your car through a mob of people who were there when you got there? Sounds like a pretty specific scenario...If I was driving up the road and came across a protest, I would turn the F around. Like the whole "Stand your ground" law, this legislation if accurately described, could lead to people thinking they're entitled to / protected if they plow through a crowd. 

I have never once defended people rioting or looting which I infer you mean when you say "carnage", I'm in favor of prosecuting anyone who loots or destroys property to the fullest extent of the law. There is a difference between protesting and rioting, I trust you agree with me on that. 

With all that being said: 

Who decides when a protest becomes an unlawful assembly? The penalties being suggested are pretty serious and can have some long lasting repercussions. To me it feels like they're trying to deter people from protesting, which is as much our right as the freedom of speech, which I thought we all cared about. 

I'm waiting for conservatives to start fretting as much about the 1st amendment as they do about the 2nd, and it just isn't happening... did you see how the Brooklyn Center police treated the reporters in the last week? 

I'm waiting for conservative to start caring as much about these matters as they do a fucking Dr Seuss book. 

I'm not holding my breath. 
    Conservatives do care about the 1st amendment.  See "capitol storming", lol.

First question.  No, you can't "drive your car through a mob."  Sometimes you can't just turn around though and there is when it gets dicey.

2nd question.  Carnage is just that.  You can protest and assemble, by all means do.  You pick up a rock and throw it at someone, something?  That is carnage.  Enter a store to loot or steal?  Carnage.  It's a pretty easy thing to establish.  If I catch you inside of a building trespassing, pretty much a closed case.

I defend police when I think it needs be.  They are being constantly yelled at, for something that many of them have zero to do with.  With one broad stroke the whole police force is labeled.  You think I'm taking any shit from someone whom antagonizes or may want to do harm to me?  No way.  Those officers are on edge right now.
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,798
    Hey conservatives, does this count as cancel culture? Or does cancel culture only apply to shitty celebrities facing consequences for their own stupidity? 

If I am in my car and I get swarmed by a mob and they start banging on my windows trying to get at me and or my family, fearing for my life I run through them to flee, is this what that law is protecting?

If you protest in an area but you decide to create some carnage, is that what this is going after?

My guess would be that it is to protect peoples possession's and well being?  I can see it easily being misconstrued and the race card played.  

Regarding your first question: are you swarmed by a mob, or are you trying to drive your car through a mob of people who were there when you got there? Sounds like a pretty specific scenario...If I was driving up the road and came across a protest, I would turn the F around. Like the whole "Stand your ground" law, this legislation if accurately described, could lead to people thinking they're entitled to / protected if they plow through a crowd. 

I have never once defended people rioting or looting which I infer you mean when you say "carnage", I'm in favor of prosecuting anyone who loots or destroys property to the fullest extent of the law. There is a difference between protesting and rioting, I trust you agree with me on that. 

Who decides when a protest becomes an unlawful assembly? The penalties being suggested are pretty serious and can have some long lasting repercussions. To me it feels like they're trying to deter people from protesting, which is as much our right as the freedom of speech, which I thought we all cared about. 

I'm waiting for conservatives to start fretting as much about the 1st amendment as they do about the 2nd, and it just isn't happening... did you see how the Brooklyn Center police treated the reporters in the last week? 

I'm waiting for conservative to start caring as much about these matters as they do a fucking Dr Seuss book. 

First question.  No, you can't "drive your car through a mob."  Sometimes you can't just turn around though and there is when it gets dicey.

2nd question.  Carnage is just that.  You can protest and assemble, by all means do.  You pick up a rock and throw it at someone, something?  That is carnage.  Enter a store to loot or steal?  Carnage.  It's a pretty easy thing to establish.  If I catch you inside of a building trespassing, pretty much a closed case.

I defend police when I think it needs be.  They are being constantly yelled at, for something that many of them have zero to do with.  With one broad stroke the whole police force is labeled.  You think I'm taking any shit from someone whom antagonizes or may want to do harm to me?  No way.  Those officers are on edge right now.
    yeah well, they fit a description.

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833

unfortunately when these laws are written regarding peaceful assembly/protest, it is very subjective when the police are allowed to step in. all they have to do is say they felt it getting out of hand/hostile, and boom, assembly turns into a riot. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,495

Conservatives do care about the 1st amendment.  See "capitol storming", lol. - you mean when they stormed the capitol building and assaulted police, damaged the building and smeared feces on the walls in an effort to overthrow our democracy? That was carnage bro, lol

First question.  No, you can't "drive your car through a mob."  Sometimes you can't just turn around though and there is when it gets dicey. - see my "stand your ground" comment above

2nd question.  Carnage is just that.  You can protest and assemble, by all means do.  You pick up a rock and throw it at someone, something?  That is carnage.  Enter a store to loot or steal?  Carnage.  It's a pretty easy thing to establish.  If I catch you inside of a building trespassing, pretty much a closed case. - we're on the same page here

I defend police when I think it needs be.  They are being constantly yelled at, for something that many of them have zero to do with.  With one broad stroke the whole police force is labeled.  You think I'm taking any shit from someone whom antagonizes or may want to do harm to me?  No way.  Those officers are on edge right now. - the entire country is on edge - it's literally their duty to uphold the law regardless of circumstances

• Options

unfortunately when these laws are written regarding peaceful assembly/protest, it is very subjective when the police are allowed to step in. all they have to do is say they felt it getting out of hand/hostile, and boom, assembly turns into a riot. 
    Or do what NYC did and let them run free in the streets.

The local business' all bordered up their buildings because police were told NOT to intervene.

The protesters currently are at odds with the very people that are supposed to be keeping the peace.  Talk about a conundrum.

Civil leaders should be talking to both protestor and police brass and beat cops.  It doesn't appear that this happens in a positive fashion at all and people just want their pictures taken.  Am I wrong on that?
  • Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,609
    The police and gun owners are the same in that they bear no responsibility, think they're doing everything right and want all the responsibility for change to be on the public and pro-gun control crowd, in effect, just comply. Upholding the law doesn't include violating constitutional rights.

I'm still waiting for the Laker victory like rioting to happen.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,495
    The police and gun owners are the same in that they bear no responsibility, think they're doing everything right and want all the responsibility for change to be on the public and pro-gun control crowd, in effect, just comply. Upholding the law doesn't include violating constitutional rights.

Same. 

I imagine there were a lot of disappointed people last night. 
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,243

Same. 

I imagine there were a lot of disappointed people last night. 
    Tucker was trying to fill that void as best he could though. Lots of couch potatoes getting their fill of white rage last night.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,013

I'm glad I was wrong and that no riots happened.
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,787
    mickeyrat said:

Wow. They fit a description? Is that ok when it’s they other way around? Shit. 
  • Options

Happy to be wrong on that as well. Who the fuck would root for that to happen? 
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:

Some posters on here. Kyle Rittenhouse types.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:

I don’t think anyone here wanted that. I do believe there are some far right loonies who would have loved to see it though. That’s for sure. I think it’s huge to get the conviction AND have legitimate peaceful demonstrations through the night. A very good sign. 
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    mickeyrat said:

that's the point. the general excuse used for harassing POC is that "they fit a description". turnabout is fair play, as Gorilla Monsoon used to say. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    mickeyrat said:

that's the point. the general excuse used for harassing POC is that "they fit a description". turnabout is fair play, as Gorilla Monsoon used to say. 
    After I typed that I figured it was said on purpose to prove a point. My apologies. I took it literally upon first read. @mickeyrat
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,013
    nicknyr15 said:

I don't think anyone here wanted riots/looting. I certainly didn't
    I also don't think those who just looted in the summer were really trying to advance any cause, but saw an excuse for a new TV and some new shoes. It would not have surprised me if those same people used another excuse to do it again. I'm glad I was wrong. 
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:

I want names.

You make a statement like that and don't have backup?

Name names please.  I'd love to hear this.
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:

I want names.

Pay attention to the postings and figure it out. Some folks on here get giddy, depending.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:

I want names.

Pay attention to the postings and figure it out. Some folks on here get giddy, depending.
    I don't read everything on AMT soI don't know.

It was a bold statement Cotton, I was hoping for some pudding to eat w your proof though...

No bueno Danno
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:

I want names.

It was a bold statement Cotton, I was hoping for some pudding to eat w your proof though...

No bueno Danno
    Cute. Claim ignorance. Or is it “plausible deniability?”

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:

I want names.

No bueno Danno
    i don't recall seeing anyone like that either. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    nicknyr15 said:

I want names.

No bueno Danno
    Obviously. Just assuming based on opposing opinions. 
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:

I want names.

No bueno Danno
    Calling him out on his shit is all.
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:

I want names.

No bueno Danno
    No, you made statement.  Back it up.
  • Options
    mace1229 said:
    nicknyr15 said:

I don't think anyone here wanted riots/looting. I certainly didn't
    I also don't think those who just looted in the summer were really trying to advance any cause, but saw an excuse for a new TV and some new shoes. It would not have surprised me if those same people used another excuse to do it again. I'm glad I was wrong. 
    Can you explain your post in the Police Abuse thread then? Why would you posit such a thing? Why did you select LA and the NBA's Lakers? A white cop convicted of murdering a black man and you posit that "there will be celebration in the form of riots, like when the Lakers win." Why that city, why that team, why that sport? Why now (moments before or just after the verdict is read)? A few people don't seem to understand, particularly those that "don't read everything on the AMT." I think I understand but feel free to convince me otherwise because you didn't post "I'm glad it didn't happen" until after it was referenced.

And to the bolded, you mean like Umbrella Man, the identified white supremacist who started the looting by torching the auto parts store in what, until that moment, had been a peaceful protest against the killing of George Floyd?

The "excuses" are part of the problem and exhausting.

tbergs said:
    I think manslaughter, but anything less than murder 2 will still result in riots.
    And a murder conviction there will be celebration in the form of riots, like when the Lakers win

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,116
    nicknyr15 said:

They were too busy enjoying the hockey game last night to be worried about the Lakers.
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:

I want names.

No bueno Danno
    As I'm calling shit out. Sorry, does that bother you?

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,287

They're all a bunch of hypocrites. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:

I want names.

No bueno Danno
    Not if you follow through!
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:

I want names.

No bueno Danno
    Not if you follow through!
    So that someone can flag it and cry to the mods that their (or their buddies’) racist feelings were hurt?

I mean, Halifax is not that bright, but you’ve gotta try harder than that if you want to read less from him....
    I SAW PEARL JAM