Options

Cancelled!

Comments

• Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,001
    mace1229 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    The police and gun owners are the same in that they bear no responsibility, think they're doing everything right and want all the responsibility for change to be on the public and pro-gun control crowd, in effect, just comply. Upholding the law doesn't include violating constitutional rights.

I'm still waiting for the Laker victory like rioting to happen.
    Happy to be wrong on that as well. Who the fuck would root for that to happen? 
    Some posters on here. Kyle Rittenhouse types.
    I don't think anyone here wanted riots/looting. I certainly didn't
    I also don't think those who just looted in the summer were really trying to advance any cause, but saw an excuse for a new TV and some new shoes. It would not have surprised me if those same people used another excuse to do it again. I'm glad I was wrong. 
    Can you explain your post in the Police Abuse thread then? Why would you posit such a thing? Why did you select LA and the NBA's Lakers? A white cop convicted of murdering a black man and you posit that "there will be celebration in the form of riots, like when the Lakers win." Why that city, why that team, why that sport? Why now (moments before or just after the verdict is read)? A few people don't seem to understand, particularly those that "don't read everything on the AMT." I think I understand but feel free to convince me otherwise because you didn't post "I'm glad it didn't happen" until after it was referenced.

And to the bolded, you mean like Umbrella Man, the identified white supremacist who started the looting by torching the auto parts store in what, until that moment, had been a peaceful protest against the killing of George Floyd?

The "excuses" are part of the problem and exhausting.

tbergs said:
    I think manslaughter, but anything less than murder 2 will still result in riots.
    And a murder conviction there will be celebration in the form of riots, like when the Lakers win
    What time frame is reasonable for me to respond to my own comment that no one but you seem to care about? I mean, I made the comment yesterday afternoon about the riots. By the time I had my first break at work this morning you had already brought it up. I don't see what was so unreasonable about my timing. 
  • Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,600
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    The police and gun owners are the same in that they bear no responsibility, think they're doing everything right and want all the responsibility for change to be on the public and pro-gun control crowd, in effect, just comply. Upholding the law doesn't include violating constitutional rights.

I also don't think those who just looted in the summer were really trying to advance any cause, but saw an excuse for a new TV and some new shoes. It would not have surprised me if those same people used another excuse to do it again. I'm glad I was wrong. 
    Can you explain your post in the Police Abuse thread then? Why would you posit such a thing? Why did you select LA and the NBA's Lakers? A white cop convicted of murdering a black man and you posit that "there will be celebration in the form of riots, like when the Lakers win." Why that city, why that team, why that sport? Why now (moments before or just after the verdict is read)? A few people don't seem to understand, particularly those that "don't read everything on the AMT." I think I understand but feel free to convince me otherwise because you didn't post "I'm glad it didn't happen" until after it was referenced.

And to the bolded, you mean like Umbrella Man, the identified white supremacist who started the looting by torching the auto parts store in what, until that moment, had been a peaceful protest against the killing of George Floyd?

tbergs said:
    I think manslaughter, but anything less than murder 2 will still result in riots.
    And a murder conviction there will be celebration in the form of riots, like when the Lakers win
    What time frame is reasonable for me to respond to my own comment that no one but you seem to care about? I mean, I made the comment yesterday afternoon about the riots. By the time I had my first break at work this morning you had already brought it up. I don't see what was so unreasonable about my timing. 
    I do care, does that bother you?

If I, or anyone else, hadn't referenced your post, I doubt you would have posted "I'm glad there were no riots."
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    nicknyr15 said:

tbergs said:

If I, or anyone else, hadn't referenced your post, I doubt you would have posted "I'm glad there were no riots."
    We'll never know, you couldn't wait to tell me I was wrong. 
  • Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,600
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    nicknyr15 said:

tbergs said:

The verdict was read at 5:00 p.m.-ish Eastern Time. I cant fathom what you posited. Can't relate, can't understand, don't get it. Sorry/not sorry.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    nicknyr15 said:

tbergs said:

The verdict was read at 5:00 p.m.-ish Eastern Time. I cant fathom what you posited. Can't relate, can't understand, don't get it. Sorry/not sorry.
    You don’t need to relate or understand. That’s okay.
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,623
    :Popcorn emoji guy:
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,006
    I see zero correlation between Maces comments and wanting to see rioting.

Let's move on.
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,623
    edited May 2021
    This is the latest fucking asshole to cry Cancel Culture.

But wait...he took it back, he DID cheat.

What a piece of shit.

Hey Bob?  GTFO.  Jagoff.

BTW, the Horse Racing culture is filled with dickheads and could use some cancellations. 

• Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,501
    edited May 2021

What a piece of shit.

Hey Bob?  GTFO.  Jagoff.

BTW, the Horse Racing culture is filled with dickheads and could use some cancellations. 

Next time he should use some Gold Bond paste. But seriously, these horses are worth tons of money and if you are allowing them to be treated with medication that you know the full extent of, then you are a fool.   
    Post edited by JeBurkhardt on
  • Options

What a piece of shit.

Hey Bob?  GTFO.  Jagoff.

Next time he should use some Gold Bond paste. But seriously, these horses are worth tons of money and if you are allowing them to be treated with medication that you know the full extent of, then you are a fool.   

He is not a fool, he is a cheater.  Proven a number of times over.
    Racing is a cesspool.  I've known owners at the low end of things and the reveals were kind of crazy.  The way things are even with the jockeys (never mind the horses) is crazy. 

• Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524

What a piece of shit.

Hey Bob?  GTFO.  Jagoff.

Racing is a cesspool.  I've known owners at the low end of things and the reveals were kind of crazy.  The way things are even with the jockeys (never mind the horses) is crazy. 

Santa Anita Racetrack has lost a ton of horses; still are.

I wouldn’t be averse to treating the owners like one of their horses. 
  • Options

What a piece of shit.

Hey Bob?  GTFO.  Jagoff.

The Jockeys are gods in certain places.  The owners and trainers too.  Really different world.
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524

What a piece of shit.

Hey Bob?  GTFO.  Jagoff.

The Jockeys are gods in certain places.  The owners and trainers too.  Really different world.
    That some people are considered gods (whether within their own mind or by others) is part of the problem, I believe. 
  • Options

What a piece of shit.

Hey Bob?  GTFO.  Jagoff.

Gods who have to puke (or "flip" in racing vernacular) before each race to keep weight in check. 
    It is for certain a different world, and one that is not too shiny to most outside of the owners and some trainers/jockeys/horses.  Most others get the balls.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,832
    I always thought the jockeys were treated like celebrities by race fans but like trash by the owners. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    I think most are....or at least were.  Don't know of it has changed in the last fifteen years since I was more informed about it.
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,241
    Fucking Baffert should have already received a lifetime ban for his past cheating, but they don't really do that in horse racing. What a disgrace. Regulate your damn sport better instead of catering to millionaires who need a reality check.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,717
    I only learned about how fucked up horse racing is a couple of years ago when I went to the races for the first time a few years ago.  Never again! 
    It's interesting that this topic came up.  Earlier today I was emailed by a friend from Australia who is a horse lover.  She was telling me about this guy on a different forum (not P.J.) who was telling her how he thought all the wild horse should be slaughtered.  Whether he had good reason or not to say that, putting than on a woman who is a big horse fan was diskish.  Bigger than horse dickish.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,195
    tbergs said:
    Fucking Baffert should have already received a lifetime ban for his past cheating, but they don't really do that in horse racing. What a disgrace. Regulate your damn sport better instead of catering to millionaires who need a reality check.
    The problem is there is no national governing body, every state is different and can have different rules.  And like most sports the big names get away with more cheating than others.  
  • Options
    SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,518
    edited May 2021
    My South African university is asking my learning community if we should cancel Michel Foucault in our Masters of Education program due to his pedophilia allegations.
    Post edited by Spunkie on
  • Options
    eddieceddiec Posts: 3,837
    A horse trainer made negative headlines over here a few months ago. Not sure if it made it over to the States. One of his horses was put down after a training fall, and he was photographed sitting on the dead horse and chatting on his phone after. They immediately banned him. (Not sure if it was permanent or not.) I would post the picture but it's pretty damn disturbing.
    (If you're so inclined, google, irish trainer on horse talking on phone.)
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,832
    eddiec said:
    A horse trainer made negative headlines over here a few months ago. Not sure if it made it over to the States. One of his horses was put down after a training fall, and he was photographed sitting on the dead horse and chatting on his phone after. They immediately banned him. (Not sure if it was permanent or not.) I would post the picture but it's pretty damn disturbing.
    (If you're so inclined, google, irish trainer on horse talking on phone.)
    what an idiot. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,272
    Liz Cheney...COME ON DOWN!!!!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Never in my life did I think I would be on the side of a Cheney because I think they are all scum, but if the Cheney's are in the 7th circle of hell, then the Trumplicans are eye ball deep in the 9th circle. Not excited about either, but it's still an easy choice.
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,764
    she will be even more vocal now...
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,728
    tbergs said:
    Never in my life did I think I would be on the side of a Cheney because I think they are all scum, but if the Cheney's are in the 7th circle of hell, then the Trumplicans are eye ball deep in the 9th circle. Not excited about either, but it's still an easy choice.
    No they'd al be in one of the middle pockets of the 8th circle: the barrators. Trump himself might find his way to the second round of the 9th circle though for treachery. 

The Divine Comedy is my favorite work ever. I've considered where in Hell a lot of people would end up. I expect to make it to heaven myself, but if damned, I'll be in the 2nd circle: lust. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    tbergs said:
    No they'd al be in one of the middle pockets of the 8th circle: the barrators. Trump himself might find his way to the second round of the 9th circle though for treachery. 

The Divine Comedy is my favorite work ever. I've considered where in Hell a lot of people would end up. I expect to make it to heaven myself, but if damned, I'll be in the 2nd circle: lust. 
    Honestly, when I was just doing a brief overview, I was like crap, they're pretty much equal, but yes, I agree with your assessment. I only read it once, but it left a lasting impression. I would love to read it again someday, but every time I check it out, I get overwhelmed by the sheer volume. Another one I enjoyed a lot was Paradise Lost.
  • Options
    Can we say that gas deliveries are "cancelled" now in the south?
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,728
    tbergs said:
    tbergs said:

Honestly, when I was just doing a brief overview, I was like crap, they're pretty much equal, but yes, I agree with your assessment. I only read it once, but it left a lasting impression. I would love to read it again someday, but every time I check it out, I get overwhelmed by the sheer volume. Another one I enjoyed a lot was Paradise Lost.
    Both are masterpieces. Yeah the volume The Divine Comedy is a little overwhelming. I have a cool edition that has all the cantos, but it also has summaries, footnotes, and analysis that explain everything in great detail. So you can read the cantos and then read summaries and analysis Or frankly, you can just read the summaries and get the gist. Here's the edition I have if you're interested....

The Divine Comedy (The Inferno, The Purgatorio, and The Paradiso): Alighieri, Dante, Ciardi, John: 8601300244785: Amazon.com: Books
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,272
    I mean they just do not come more conservative than a Cheney. There is no more proof required to confirm that this party is nothing more than a cult at this point. A cult filled with a bunch of disingenuous fucking hypocrites who hate democracy.
    chinese-happy.jpg