Options

Marjorie Taylor Greene

Comments

• Options
    On a superficial level the similarities are endless, sure. 

superficial

adjective

a: concerned only with the obvious or apparent : SHALLOW
    b: seen on the surface : EXTERNAL
    c: presenting only an appearance without substance or significance

Thank goodness we aren't superficial people and we're able to include context and nuance in our discussions. 
  • Options
    I don't understand for the life of me why this gets dragged on.  It's a true statement.  Left drags AOC through the mud and right drags MTG through the mud.  That is all I said, didn't say same same, compared the two in any other way, said one is better than the other.  

If I had said they were both politicians some of you would disagree..
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,520
    edited September 2023
    I don't understand for the life of me why this gets dragged on.  It's a true statement.  Left drags AOC through the mud and right drags MTG through the mud.  That is all I said, didn't say same same, compared the two in any other way, said one is better than the other.  

I think you said something along the lines of 'MTG is the GOPs answer to AOC' which is a pretty interesting statement in and of itself, but i digress.

Since this is the MTG thread, here's some more very serious governing from the GOP's version of AOC: 

House Votes to Reduce Defense Secretary’s Salary to $1 Amid Funding Battle

https://themessenger.com/politics/house-votes-to-reduce-defense-secretarys-salary-amid-funding-battle
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,334
    edited September 2023
    mace1229 said:
    brianlux said:
    Wait a minute, we're actually taking all this time to compare MTG to AOC, lol? 
    Well, just for shits and giggles, let's take a look here...
    rPoliticalHumor - AOC -Self made -For Equality -Defends Policy Positions -Articulate -Extremely Popular MARJORIE GREENE -Inherited Dads business -For White Privilege -Has NO policy positions -Inarticulate  Immature -Very popular only among White Supremacists

Yeah, pretty much equals there.  Yup... uhh huhhhh...

I don’t think anyone said they are equals.
    Butbthey both represent the extreme of their group, are more popular within their group and more hated outside it than almost any other representative.

With that they are similar. Personally they are very different.
    No.

Marjorie Greene, whether you like it or not is literally calling the shots in the maga republican party. She has raised more money and has  more power than almost all of their 220 or so members. She is not fringe anymore. She is regularly talking to the former president. She is reportedly on his list of possible running mate candidates. The "fringe" you feel she represents is Donald Trump's base and they are the reason he is far and away the likely nominee for that clown show party. 

Putting aside the fact that one is for democracy and the other played a role in trying to end it, they are not similar, other than both being female members of congress I guess. 
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,162

MTG uses VIOLENCE to expand her power, exploits those without the money or power to protect themselves, and on and on, which is the exact opposite of AOC. How people don’t understand this fundamental difference is beyond me. But WTF do I know.
  • Options
    I'm simply not exposed to any Jewish anything, so yes, I'm "that" ignorant about Jewish holidays/etc. But she should make sure she knows what she's talking about before posting about it. Simple as that. 

that level of "disgust" is obviously because of who she is and what she has previously said to/about that community, not only what she posted.
    I figure she would have done a quick google search before tweeting.
    Yes, we would expect a sitting United States congress person to google before tweeting.

My god the standards are so fucking low right now. lol. 
    And it shows that she has no one in her orbit that is smart enough to tell her to take that shit down.
    I remember saying about Trump that if you just stop hitting "Send" you might get a little more support.  She did remove that tweet so somebody finally told her.

I would guess that she is not big enough that she can afford a PR person.
    She outraises just about every other GOP congressman and has more power than just about all of them as well. 
    You're not kidding. People love her as evidenced by the amount of money going to her and the benefit of the doubt that continues to be extended to her. 
    The former I understand, there's a lot of big business and dark money behind some of these people. The latter is much harder for me to wrap my brain around. 
    She's literally the face of the GOP congress. She's been rumored to be on Trump's list of potential running mates. She's McCarthy's puppet master. To think she is some kind of small time congressperson is utterly ridiculous at this point. 
    I actually didn't know this, I just thought she became popular for joke fodder.  I don't follow politics as rabidly as most of you do.  Certain things yes but not her...
    You should start reading up on her. 
    I get bits on here and delve in every now and again.  It doesn't seem to peak my interest on a deep dive though.  She's the GOP answer to AOC it seems.  Each one is a lighting rod for the other to go after.
    No....AOC is intelligent and fights for the people. MTG is a fucking troglodyte.

LOL! At least we know your "level". Wow. Thanks for the great laugh. Always guaranteed here
    MAGAT doesn't respect woman of colour who has proven herself articulate and intelligent and outspoken. HUGE SHOCK THERE. 
    Elon gets it
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    static111 said:
    JB16057 said:
    I'm simply not exposed to any Jewish anything, so yes, I'm "that" ignorant about Jewish holidays/etc. But she should make sure she knows what she's talking about before posting about it. Simple as that. 

that level of "disgust" is obviously because of who she is and what she has previously said to/about that community, not only what she posted.
    Yes, we would expect a sitting United States congress person to google before tweeting.

And it shows that she has no one in her orbit that is smart enough to tell her to take that shit down.
    I remember saying about Trump that if you just stop hitting "Send" you might get a little more support.  She did remove that tweet so somebody finally told her.

She outraises just about every other GOP congressman and has more power than just about all of them as well. 
    You're not kidding. People love her as evidenced by the amount of money going to her and the benefit of the doubt that continues to be extended to her. 
    The former I understand, there's a lot of big business and dark money behind some of these people. The latter is much harder for me to wrap my brain around. 
    She's literally the face of the GOP congress. She's been rumored to be on Trump's list of potential running mates. She's McCarthy's puppet master. To think she is some kind of small time congressperson is utterly ridiculous at this point. 
    I actually didn't know this, I just thought she became popular for joke fodder.  I don't follow politics as rabidly as most of you do.  Certain things yes but not her...
    I get bits on here and delve in every now and again.  It doesn't seem to peak my interest on a deep dive though.  She's the GOP answer to AOC it seems.  Each one is a lighting rod for the other to go after.
    No....AOC is intelligent and fights for the people. MTG is a fucking troglodyte.

LOL! At least we know your "level". Wow. Thanks for the great laugh. Always guaranteed here
    MAGAT doesn't respect woman of colour who has proven herself articulate and intelligent and outspoken. HUGE SHOCK THERE. 
    Nope..wrong as usual.  She's an idiot. Sex and skin means nothing. Just dumb as dumb. Nice try though
    look, I respect anyone who's willing to post in good faith. you can't seriously call AOC dumb and not call out bobo and marge as the fucking Neanderthals they are. this is why no one takes you, or your cult, seriously. 
    they are a drive by poster. comes by to talk smack and insult certain posters and leaves for a few days. i don't take people like them seriously at all. nobody here does. otherwise they would have been reported and banned a long time ago.
    Reported and banned? That's hilarious. 

Have you noticed that most of the threads that get locked aren't caused by the "drive by posters"? 

No worries man. By next November the man polling better now after he got two of his voters and five cops dead and then chanted along with his bros to hang his own VP will have this leftist forum shut down. Then he will have General Milley killed. Busy busy! All for sticking it to the pregnant woman and small govt! 

Then he will have all leftist thoughts monitored and eliminated. But beware, you’ll need to live by his loyalty code also! He wins or it’s rigged!

Do you actually believe any of that?

All of the following are facts, not opinion:

trump is polling better now than 2020

FOUR supports died in the crowd attacking the Capitol . I understated by two.

five cops died as a direct result of Jan six. Two of the families are suing trump for wrongful death

Trump did say Milley deserves to die.

if the above is not proof of his dangerous tendencies. I am not sure what is.

as far as trump going after political dissent, his Milley comments are widely viewed as a warning to his supporters of his danger to our freedoms. Many share the opinion his second term will be much more dangerous for those who do not abide by the “trump loyalty code”

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2023/09/trump-milley-death-fbi-threats.html

• Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,023
    edited September 2023
    mace1229 said:
    brianlux said:
    rPoliticalHumor - AOC -Self made -For Equality -Defends Policy Positions -Articulate -Extremely Popular MARJORIE GREENE -Inherited Dads business -For White Privilege -Has NO policy positions -Inarticulate  Immature -Very popular only among White Supremacists

Butbthey both represent the extreme of their group, are more popular within their group and more hated outside it than almost any other representative.

No.

Marjorie Greene, whether you like it or not is literally calling the shots in the maga republican party. She has raised more money and has  more power than almost all of their 220 or so members. She is not fringe anymore. She is regularly talking to the former president. She is reportedly on his list of possible running mate candidates. The "fringe" you feel she represents is Donald Trump's base and they are the reason he is far and away the likely nominee for that clown show party. 

Putting aside the fact that one is for democracy and the other played a role in trying to end it, they are not similar, other than both being female members of congress I guess. 
    Is that not also true, maybe to a lesser extent, with AOC? Some of her policies that she pushed that were considered extreme a few years ago are now much more common. Free college, free healthcare, the green agenda? She's probably not on anyone's list for VP, but her ideas have become a lot more popular, what was considered extreme a few years ago are accepted by her party. 
    Post edited by mace1229 on
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,860
    edited September 2023

Elon gets it
    elon made an online offer way over valuation of a company he later tried to back out of because of the utter stupidity of the offer, and he has systematically tanked the company. all by his own actions, and no one else's. he's a fucking idiot. so whatever he "gets", is not the own you think it is. 
    Post edited by Kat on
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,990
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    brianlux said:

No.

Is that not also true, maybe to a lesser extent, with AOC? Some of her policies that she pushed that were considered extreme a few years ago are now much more common. Free college, free healthcare, the green agenda? She's probably not on anyone's list for VP, but her ideas have become a lot more popular, what was considered extreme a few years ago are accepted by her party. 
    I think Bernie Sanders has been pushing those policies for years
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,769
    mace1229 said:
    brianlux said:

I guess it depends on how you define extreme.  If AOC were advocating monkey wrenching or taking republican senators hostage or something, that would be extreme.  She is definitely more left than most in the House, but that alone does not make her extreme.  MTG, on the other hand is extreme.  I don't even need to explain how- we all know she is.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    brianlux said:
    mace1229 said:
    brianlux said:

I guess it depends on how you define extreme.  If AOC were advocating monkey wrenching or taking republican senators hostage or something, that would be extreme.  She is definitely more left than most in the House, but that alone does not make her extreme.  MTG, on the other hand is extreme.  I don't even need to explain how- we all know she is.

Bri, I reckon the how is important. I’ve been pointing out the main difference, that MTG is violent, but commenters don’t seem to care,

” a recent campaign video, U.S. Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene, Republican from Georgia, likened Democrats to destructive feral hogs allowed to range free and destroy the American countryside.

But Marjorie had a solution:

As the camera followed her, she grabbed a rifle and climbed aboard a waiting helicopter, where she tracked down and shot a fleeing hog. 

• Options
    FiveBelowFiveBelow Lubbock, TX Posts: 1,194
    brianlux said:
    mace1229 said:
    brianlux said:

Is there any other way?
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,836
    FiveBelow said:
    brianlux said:
    mace1229 said:
    brianlux said:

Is there any other way?
    Incredible 
  • Options
    That song always made me want to burn something down

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,684
    God, that makes me want to puke.  I remember I just graduated in high school when that came out and we were driving to Cedar Point after prom ( Cleveland tradition) and the fucking girls with us wanted to play that over and over.  The terrible post prom high school sex didn't even seem worth it at that point.  
  • Options
    yeah disgusting sappy ass hair metal glam ballads

• Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,666
    You were dating the wrong ladies.
    MTG would have rocked the world.
    :lol:   
    (And listened to W.A.S.P.)
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    You were dating the wrong ladies.
    MTG would have rocked the world.
    :lol:   
    (And listened to W.A.S.P.)
    It's a stretch to call anything we did "dating".  That gives it much more class than it deserved.  
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,258
    mrussel1 said:
    God, that makes me want to puke.  I remember I just graduated in high school when that came out and we were driving to Cedar Point after prom ( Cleveland tradition) and the fucking girls with us wanted to play that over and over.  The terrible post prom high school sex didn't even seem worth it at that point.  
    Ha. One of my best friend's girlfriend at the time went out and bought Pornograffitti on cassette after she heard MTW on the radio. She was horrified when she listened to the rest of the album and when we were out on a double date asked me if I wanted the cassette knowing my taste in music.
    Kind of a shame that Extreme is basically remembered by the public on for that song.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options

MTG uses VIOLENCE to expand her power, exploits those without the money or power to protect themselves, and on and on, which is the exact opposite of AOC. How people don’t understand this fundamental difference is beyond me. But WTF do I know.
    Not what i said, not what I said... Dear lord people...Yes they are different but they both are attacked by the other party.  That is all I was saying but continue to take a different approach.

Merkin Baller said:

I think you said something along the lines of 'MTG is the GOPs answer to AOC' which is a pretty interesting statement in and of itself, but i digress.

Since this is the MTG thread, here's some more very serious governing from the GOP's version of AOC: 

https://themessenger.com/politics/house-votes-to-reduce-defense-secretarys-salary-amid-funding-battle
    Yes but my statement immediately after that should have shown what I was referring to. they are both lightning rods.

Man I'm exhausted from this...
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    You are going to hell for putting this song in my head...
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    You are going to hell for putting this song in my head...
    It's a fucking worm, isn't it?  You can't lose it.  
  • Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889

Not what i said, not what I said... Dear lord people...Yes they are different but they both are attacked by the other party.  That is all I was saying but continue to take a different approach.

Merkin Baller said:

Yes but my statement immediately after that should have shown what I was referring to. they are both lightning rods.

Man I'm exhausted from this...
    I thought it was pretty clear that you said both sides are the same and defended the Republican Party and said AOC is actually much worse than MTG. Not sre how anyone could have gotten anything else from your posts. :get_outta_here:
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Options
    static111 said:

AOC is very liberal and MTG is very conservative?

They both have three letter nicknames?

the other side attacks them because they are outspoken females?

I’ll give you the last one, but that can be true of many in DC, not really attributes of their respective identities that they share.

It’s dangerous to compare anyone to trump or MTG…Those two believe violence against other Americans for their own political benefit is reasonable. They couldn’t be any more different on how they treat the other side.

The danger is most of us have friends and family members that like these violent politicians “…oh he’s joking, oh she really doesn’t want to shoot democrats.” And we can’t scream at our friends so we need to mitigate or forget about the threat that this recent violence brings into our political discourse. Yet political violence is on the rise.
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    brianlux said:

No.

Actually bi-partisan polling would suggest doing something about climate change and making healthcare way more affordable, and making college way less expensive is not extreme. Maybe some of what she's proposing goes further than what the majority of the public supports but, in general, people are for these things.

Bipartisan polling would not say the same thing about MGT's agenda, which is...wait, what's her agenda for helping people? Helping Trump regain power after she helped him try stay in power? Pushing for an impeachment of Biden literally the first day she came into office? She is a clown pulling the strings in the clown show party that has done nothing but hold sham hearings all year long. Today is a perfect example. 

I think it's an enormous stretch to say these two are comparable if you're actually looking at what they stand for, what they've done, and how they go about their business. If you're just looking at it from a strictly superficial level and looking at how they are perceived by people who largely do not know much about them, then it becomes easier--but that's a lazy argument in my opinion.
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,932
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    mickeyrat said:
    Exactly. A serious person.

Some might say, well you can find clips of MGT doing the same thing......no, no  you cannot. Not without catching her in multiple lies stacked up upon moronic comment after moronic comment. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:
    Imagine Maggie Three Names stringing together coherent sentences in a line of questioning. Yea, right.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©