Options

Marjorie Taylor Greene

Comments

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,860
    I'm simply not exposed to any Jewish anything, so yes, I'm "that" ignorant about Jewish holidays/etc. But she should make sure she knows what she's talking about before posting about it. Simple as that. 

that level of "disgust" is obviously because of who she is and what she has previously said to/about that community, not only what she posted.
    I figure she would have done a quick google search before tweeting.
    Yes, we would expect a sitting United States congress person to google before tweeting.

My god the standards are so fucking low right now. lol. 
    And it shows that she has no one in her orbit that is smart enough to tell her to take that shit down.
    I remember saying about Trump that if you just stop hitting "Send" you might get a little more support.  She did remove that tweet so somebody finally told her.

I would guess that she is not big enough that she can afford a PR person.
    She outraises just about every other GOP congressman and has more power than just about all of them as well. 
    You're not kidding. People love her as evidenced by the amount of money going to her and the benefit of the doubt that continues to be extended to her. 
    The former I understand, there's a lot of big business and dark money behind some of these people. The latter is much harder for me to wrap my brain around. 
    She's literally the face of the GOP congress. She's been rumored to be on Trump's list of potential running mates. She's McCarthy's puppet master. To think she is some kind of small time congressperson is utterly ridiculous at this point. 
    I actually didn't know this, I just thought she became popular for joke fodder.  I don't follow politics as rabidly as most of you do.  Certain things yes but not her...
    You should start reading up on her. 
    I get bits on here and delve in every now and again.  It doesn't seem to peak my interest on a deep dive though.  She's the GOP answer to AOC it seems.  Each one is a lighting rod for the other to go after.
    No....AOC is intelligent and fights for the people. MTG is a fucking troglodyte.

LOL! At least we know your "level". Wow. Thanks for the great laugh. Always guaranteed here
    MAGAT doesn't respect woman of colour who has proven herself articulate and intelligent and outspoken. HUGE SHOCK THERE. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Phoenix Rising Soccer GIF by USL

you've done it now, Tempo. enjoy being the bottom! LOL
    lol.  No one gets it.  I'm ok with that.
  • Options
    Phoenix Rising Soccer GIF by USL

you've done it now, Tempo. enjoy being the bottom! LOL
    lol.  No one gets it.  I'm ok with that.
    By your own admission, you're not all that familiar w/ MTG, but it's everyone else who doesn't get it. 

Got it. 
  • Options
    actually, it makes perfect sense. not knowing that much about her, MTG and AOC WOULD actually appear to be different, yet equally important groups (DUH DUH). they are the ones you hear the other side complaining about the most. on the surface, it makes sense. I never see the need to pile on like happens so often around here. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,162
    ^ this place is cookies and cream  compared to some forums
  • Options
    actually, it makes perfect sense. not knowing that much about her, MTG and AOC WOULD actually appear to be different, yet equally important groups (DUH DUH). they are the ones you hear the other side complaining about the most. on the surface, it makes sense. I never see the need to pile on like happens so often around here. 
    Just because people are pushing back doesn't mean it's piling on. In a lot of cases (like this one), the push back is warranted.

Here's an idea, maybe don't assume a position you can't defend? 
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,769
    I'm simply not exposed to any Jewish anything, so yes, I'm "that" ignorant about Jewish holidays/etc. But she should make sure she knows what she's talking about before posting about it. Simple as that. 

that level of "disgust" is obviously because of who she is and what she has previously said to/about that community, not only what she posted.
    Yes, we would expect a sitting United States congress person to google before tweeting.

And it shows that she has no one in her orbit that is smart enough to tell her to take that shit down.
    I remember saying about Trump that if you just stop hitting "Send" you might get a little more support.  She did remove that tweet so somebody finally told her.

She outraises just about every other GOP congressman and has more power than just about all of them as well. 
    You're not kidding. People love her as evidenced by the amount of money going to her and the benefit of the doubt that continues to be extended to her. 
    The former I understand, there's a lot of big business and dark money behind some of these people. The latter is much harder for me to wrap my brain around. 
    She's literally the face of the GOP congress. She's been rumored to be on Trump's list of potential running mates. She's McCarthy's puppet master. To think she is some kind of small time congressperson is utterly ridiculous at this point. 
    I actually didn't know this, I just thought she became popular for joke fodder.  I don't follow politics as rabidly as most of you do.  Certain things yes but not her...
    I get bits on here and delve in every now and again.  It doesn't seem to peak my interest on a deep dive though.  She's the GOP answer to AOC it seems.  Each one is a lighting rod for the other to go after.
    No....AOC is intelligent and fights for the people. MTG is a fucking troglodyte.

Not that far of a stretch here people.  "Each one is a lighting rod for the other to go after."  That's all.  The other side likes to go after them is all.  Nothing more.

To an extent that is true.  What it boils down to is that intelligent law makers with better ideas go after law makers of far less intelligence who are basically clueless because they don't want the less intelligent law makers to screw up the country any more than it already is.  And less intelligent law makers go after the more intelligent law makers because they don't want to have to sit in the corner with a dunce cap on and be ignored. 
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    Just because people are pushing back doesn't mean it's piling on. In a lot of cases (like this one), the push back is warranted.

nah. he made a very surface, basic, general observation based on his limited exposure. that is perfectly allowed and viable, just like anyone else posting about something they don't have a PhD in. 

he defended it just fine as far as I'm concerned. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,990
    ^ this place is cookies and cream  compared to some forums
    yes it is...very well run
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,334
    edited September 2023

nah. he made a very surface, basic, general observation based on his limited exposure. that is perfectly allowed and viable, just like anyone else posting about something they don't have a PhD in. 

Well...I mean he does have a pretty extensive post history going back almost 3 years in this very thread so it seems like he's more familiar with her than letting on. I feel like I've discussed with him on numerous occasions why they're not comparable yet we keep seeing the same exact comparisons. 

The pizza thing was funny though. Tempo's a good guy. I just get frustrated seeing people continue to bothsides the two parties like it's 2003 or something. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    You’d have to be living under a rock to assume that Maggie Three Names and AOC are the same or that they draw the ire of their respective opposition for the same reasons. They’re both women, at least I’m pretty sure they both are, and that’s where the similarities end. But you know, same-same.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options

LOL! At least we know your "level". Wow. Thanks for the great laugh. Always guaranteed here
    MAGAT doesn't respect woman of colour who has proven herself articulate and intelligent and outspoken. HUGE SHOCK THERE. 
    Nope..wrong as usual.  She's an idiot. Sex and skin means nothing. Just dumb as dumb. Nice try though
  • Options

I'm here all week man
    Oh I know. That's the goal. Keep you posting meaningless points. Hopefully it keeps from participating in society. 
  • Options
    Tempo's a good guy. I just get frustrated seeing people continue to bothsides the two parties like it's 2003 or something. 
    Agreed
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,990

Nope..wrong as usual.  She's an idiot. Sex and skin means nothing. Just dumb as dumb. Nice try though
    LOL...yeah but MTG is super smart right? 

What is your educational background? Compare it to AOC's please.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options

I'm here all week man
    Oh I know. That's the goal. Keep you posting meaningless points. Hopefully it keeps from participating in society. 
    meaningless posts? like MEMES?

dude, none of us are here when we're not at work. your cult keeps lying to you. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    You’d have to be living under a rock to assume that Maggie Three Names and AOC are the same or that they draw the ire of their respective opposition for the same reasons. They’re both women, at least I’m pretty sure they both are, and that’s where the similarities end. But you know, same-same.
    not what he said. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

look, I respect anyone who's willing to post in good faith. you can't seriously call AOC dumb and not call out bobo and marge as the fucking Neanderthals they are. this is why no one takes you, or your cult, seriously. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,181

look, I respect anyone who's willing to post in good faith. you can't seriously call AOC dumb and not call out bobo and marge as the fucking Neanderthals they are. this is why no one takes you, or your cult, seriously. 
    they are a drive by poster. comes by to talk smack and insult certain posters and leaves for a few days. i don't take people like them seriously at all. nobody here does. otherwise they would have been reported and banned a long time ago.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    there is no comparison between aoc and mtg.

aoc is what mtg wishes she was.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

• Options

Hugh, I am concerned about your concern. I am in no way a fan of AOC, but to compare her to MTG is absurd.

are we forgetting how MTG uses violent rhetoric to harbor anger between Americans? How MTG used violent imagery with guns to intimidate Americans? 

Does AOC use violence to harm others while gaining more power for herself?
  • Options
    JB16057JB16057 Posts: 1,269

they are a drive by poster. comes by to talk smack and insult certain posters and leaves for a few days. i don't take people like them seriously at all. nobody here does. otherwise they would have been reported and banned a long time ago.
    Reported and banned? That's hilarious. 

Have you noticed that most of the threads that get locked aren't caused by the "drive by posters"? 
  • Options
    not what he said. 
    He equated them by both sides, respective, as being lightning rods for their opposition, leaving out that one draws criticism for being a piece of shit, racist and horrible human being while the other is criticized for her policy proposals and stand on the issues. Context matters or I guess it’s just as lazy as saying “nothing is being done,” right? Both are lightning rods, very astute observation.

A casual observer might believe one or the other is like the other if they only knew the details of one of them and not both.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    JB16057 said:

Have you noticed that most of the threads that get locked aren't caused by the "drive by posters"? 
    mainly because those people get ignored.

people get banned without threads getting locked, you know.

or maybe you don't. not my concern.

• Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,023
    There are definitely similarities between AOC and MTG. Both represent the extreme of their party. The right thinks AOC will destroy America and the left thinks MTG will.Both have said dumb things. 
    But there are differences. AOC doesn’t seem to say dumb things as often, MTG makes a regular habit of it. MTG is aggressive and abusive with her posts, AOC isn’t. So there’s definitely similarities, but they aren’t the same.
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    JB16057 said:

No worries man. By next November the man polling better now after he got two of his voters and five cops dead and then chanted along with his bros to hang his own VP will have this leftist forum shut down. Then he will have General Milley killed. Busy busy! All for sticking it to the pregnant woman and small govt! 

Then he will have all leftist thoughts monitored and eliminated. But beware, you’ll need to live by his loyalty code also! He wins or it’s rigged!

• Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    JB16057 said:

No worries man. By next November the man polling better now after he got two of his voters and five cops dead and then chanted along with his bros to hang his own VP will have this leftist forum shut down. Then he will have General Milley killed. Busy busy! All for sticking it to the pregnant woman and small govt! 

Then he will have all leftist thoughts monitored and eliminated. But beware, you’ll need to live by his loyalty code also! He wins or it’s rigged!

Do you actually believe any of that?
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,334
    edited September 2023
    mace1229 said:
    There are definitely similarities between AOC and MTG. Both represent the extreme of their party. The right thinks AOC will destroy America and the left thinks MTG will.Both have said dumb things. 
    But there are differences. AOC doesn’t seem to say dumb things as often, MTG makes a regular habit of it. MTG is aggressive and abusive with her posts, AOC isn’t. So there’s definitely similarities, but they aren’t the same.
    Those are not similarities of the two congresswomen. You're describing inaccurate similarities of how they are perceived by people who are mostly not paying attention to them very closely in the first place. 
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,769
    Wait a minute, we're actually taking all this time to compare MTG to AOC, lol? 
    Well, just for shits and giggles, let's take a look here...
    rPoliticalHumor - AOC -Self made -For Equality -Defends Policy Positions -Articulate -Extremely Popular MARJORIE GREENE -Inherited Dads business -For White Privilege -Has NO policy positions -Inarticulate  Immature -Very popular only among White Supremacists

Yeah, pretty much equals there.  Yup... uhh huhhhh...

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,023
    brianlux said:
    Wait a minute, we're actually taking all this time to compare MTG to AOC, lol? 
    Well, just for shits and giggles, let's take a look here...
    rPoliticalHumor - AOC -Self made -For Equality -Defends Policy Positions -Articulate -Extremely Popular MARJORIE GREENE -Inherited Dads business -For White Privilege -Has NO policy positions -Inarticulate  Immature -Very popular only among White Supremacists

Yeah, pretty much equals there.  Yup... uhh huhhhh...

I don’t think anyone said they are equals.
    Butbthey both represent the extreme of their group, are more popular within their group and more hated outside it than almost any other representative.

With that they are similar. Personally they are very different.