Options

Marjorie Taylor Greene

Comments

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,684
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    I'm sure she meant well... like when she blamed the Rothschilds for funding the space lasers. 
    and like when she left pipe bombs laying around on 1/5.
    Wait, what? Is this a joke? I've never heard anything about that.
    With all the discussion about January 6th in here, you've never heard about the pipe bombs?

There is a $500k reward. And there's a grainy video of someone in that vicinity the night the bombs were left that closely resembles her build. 

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/justice-department/feds-boost-reward-500k-information-capitol-pipe-bomber-rcna64268
    I've heard about the pipe bombs. but not that MTG planted them.
    I also don't follow that thread to closely. If I don't check it for a few days, sometimes there's several pages and I rarely read through them all.
    I was talking to my brother's friend the other day.  He said MTG did it.  Lock it in, tell everyone you know. 
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    Also Richard Gere had to have his stomach pumped of _____ and Mikey from Life Cereal died after mixing Coke and Pop Rocks.  
    Post edited by Kat on
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,258
    edited September 2023
    mrussel1 said:
    Also Richard Gere had to have his stomach pumped of _____ and Mikey from Life Cereal died after mixing Coke and Pop Rocks.  
    Thought it was Rod Stewart who had to have his stomach pumped and Gere had to have a gerbil removed from his rectum (dang near killed 'em) at the hospital.
    Mikey from Life and the Coke & Pop Rocks is dead on though.
    Post edited by Kat on
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    I'm simply not exposed to any Jewish anything, so yes, I'm "that" ignorant about Jewish holidays/etc. But she should make sure she knows what she's talking about before posting about it. Simple as that. 

that level of "disgust" is obviously because of who she is and what she has previously said to/about that community, not only what she posted.
    I figure she would have done a quick google search before tweeting.
    Yes, we would expect a sitting United States congress person to google before tweeting.

My god the standards are so fucking low right now. lol. 
    And it shows that she has no one in her orbit that is smart enough to tell her to take that shit down.
    I remember saying about Trump that if you just stop hitting "Send" you might get a little more support.  She did remove that tweet so somebody finally told her.

I would guess that she is not big enough that she can afford a PR person.
    She outraises just about every other GOP congressman and has more power than just about all of them as well. 
    You're not kidding. People love her as evidenced by the amount of money going to her and the benefit of the doubt that continues to be extended to her. 
    The former I understand, there's a lot of big business and dark money behind some of these people. The latter is much harder for me to wrap my brain around. 
    She's literally the face of the GOP congress. She's been rumored to be on Trump's list of potential running mates. She's McCarthy's puppet master. To think she is some kind of small time congressperson is utterly ridiculous at this point. 
    I actually didn't know this, I just thought she became popular for joke fodder.  I don't follow politics as rabidly as most of you do.  Certain things yes but not her...
    You should start reading up on her. 
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    Poncier said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Thought it was Rod Stewart who had to have his stomach pumped and Gere had to have a gerbil removed from his rectum (dang near killed 'em) at the hospital.
    Mikey from Life and the Coke & Pop Rocks is dead on though.
    It may have been Stewart, I couldn't remember.  I do know affirmatively that the gerbil did almost kill him.  

It's funny how we hear the same things 40 years ago without the internet.  It's not like Walter Cronkite reported it. 
    Post edited by Kat on
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,990
    wait...the gerbil thing was total bs
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    Nope, it's true.  I have it from a good source.  It happened on the set of an Officer and Gentleman.  The name of the gerbil was "Gentleman", but he was anything but.  Facts. 
  • Options
    Lemmiwinks strikes again!!!
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,181
    mace1229 said:
    I'm sure she meant well... like when she blamed the Rothschilds for funding the space lasers. 
    and like when she left pipe bombs laying around on 1/5.
    Wait, what? Is this a joke? I've never heard anything about that.
    the suspect walks just like her in the video, and from what i remember has the same tennis shoes she has worn.

i give it 60% chance it was her, because she was all in on stopping the steal, and she asked for a pardon a day or two after.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    Nope, it's true.  I have it from a good source.  It happened on the set of an Officer and Gentleman.  The name of the gerbil was "Gentleman", but he was anything but.  Facts. 
    And don't even ask what happened the other gerbil "Officer"!
    What a way to go. Good thing PETA wasn't as big a force back then.
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    mrussel1 said:
    And don't even ask what happened the other gerbil "Officer"!
    What a way to go. Good thing PETA wasn't as big a force back then.
    I just think it's important that we remember history once in a while, lest we forget and repeat it.  

This whole conversation was nothing if not a public service announcement. 
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    This is a major flashback....I remember both stories but mainly the "Rod Stewart had to have tons of ____ pumped out of his stomach"....I can't believe I fell for that shit. That has to go back to like 1980 or something.
    Post edited by Kat on

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,774
    Topic is ... thank you.

Marjorie Taylor Greene

Falling down,...not staying down
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,181
    :lol:
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    I'm simply not exposed to any Jewish anything, so yes, I'm "that" ignorant about Jewish holidays/etc. But she should make sure she knows what she's talking about before posting about it. Simple as that. 

that level of "disgust" is obviously because of who she is and what she has previously said to/about that community, not only what she posted.
    Yes, we would expect a sitting United States congress person to google before tweeting.

And it shows that she has no one in her orbit that is smart enough to tell her to take that shit down.
    I remember saying about Trump that if you just stop hitting "Send" you might get a little more support.  She did remove that tweet so somebody finally told her.

She outraises just about every other GOP congressman and has more power than just about all of them as well. 
    You're not kidding. People love her as evidenced by the amount of money going to her and the benefit of the doubt that continues to be extended to her. 
    The former I understand, there's a lot of big business and dark money behind some of these people. The latter is much harder for me to wrap my brain around. 
    She's literally the face of the GOP congress. She's been rumored to be on Trump's list of potential running mates. She's McCarthy's puppet master. To think she is some kind of small time congressperson is utterly ridiculous at this point. 
    I actually didn't know this, I just thought she became popular for joke fodder.  I don't follow politics as rabidly as most of you do.  Certain things yes but not her...
    I get bits on here and delve in every now and again.  It doesn't seem to peak my interest on a deep dive though.  She's the GOP answer to AOC it seems.  Each one is a lighting rod for the other to go after.
  • Options
    Kat said:
    Topic is ... thank you.

Marjorie Taylor Greene

Does she have a gerbil?
  • Options
    Kat said:
    Topic is ... thank you.

Marjorie Taylor Greene

Does she have a gerbil?
    another rumor that I can confirm as 100% true. 
  • Options

I get bits on here and delve in every now and again.  It doesn't seem to peak my interest on a deep dive though.  She's the GOP answer to AOC it seems.  Each one is a lighting rod for the other to go after.
    How do you figure she's the GOP answer to AOC? 

MTG is way more powerful and influential... for example, serious or not, I haven't heard the latter floated as a running mate for Biden.

AOC & 'the squad' are an outlier for the democratic party, where MTG & her ilk are on the verge of forcing a government  shutdown... hardly the outlier there, they seem to be the ones running the show. Traditional conservatives  like Romney & Liz Cheney, can't get away from the party fast enough. 
  • Options

No....AOC is intelligent and fights for the people. MTG is a fucking troglodyte.

• Options

troglodyte.

Excellent word choice.
  • Options

MTG is way more powerful and influential... for example, serious or not, I haven't heard the latter floated as a running mate for Biden.

AOC & 'the squad' are an outlier for the democratic party, where MTG & her ilk are on the verge of forcing a government  shutdown... hardly the outlier there, they seem to be the ones running the show. Traditional conservatives  like Romney & Liz Cheney, can't get away from the party fast enough. 

No....AOC is intelligent and fights for the people. MTG is a fucking troglodyte.

Not that far of a stretch here people.  "Each one is a lighting rod for the other to go after."  That's all.  The other side likes to go after them is all.  Nothing more.
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,334
    Tempo.....COME ON MAN. 

Other than both being female, there is no comparison between these two people. You've admitted you don't know much about Greene. Leave it at that. Read up on her and then come back and talk about her. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    This cracked me up and it goes along w what I was saying. This was taken from Liberal curmudgeons tweet. 
  • Options

Not that far of a stretch here people.  "Each one is a lighting rod for the other to go after."  That's all.  The other side likes to go after them is all.  Nothing more.
    This is a terrible oversimplification. 

You really should read up more on MTG... you're way off base here. 
  • Options

One is a lightning rod for the people...the other is a lightning rod for complete bullshit

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,860
    edited September 2023
    Phoenix Rising Soccer GIF by USL

you've done it now, Tempo. enjoy being the bottom! LOL
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

LOL! At least we know your "level". Wow. Thanks for the great laugh. Always guaranteed here
  • Options
    Phoenix Rising Soccer GIF by USL

you've done it now, Tempo. enjoy being the bottom! LOL
    Thoughts & prayers
  • Options

LOL! At least we know your "level". Wow. Thanks for the great laugh. Always guaranteed here
    I'm here all week man

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,334
    edited September 2023

I'm here all week man
    The meme/cartoon guy uses his words to make fun of someone else's intelligence. magaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!
    chinese-happy.jpg