Marjorie Taylor Greene

Comments

• Options
    mickeyrat said:
    static111 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    In context it might.  Snippets generally don't but with her you never know.  I'm waiting for the next gazpacho police quote.

Joe Biden Funny Quote - Goats Are Like Mushrooms Anti Biden - Democrats -  Trump  eBayMy favorite untrue quote of all time.  
    "You're going to tell... (followed by a question) is terribly poor English
    Certain grammar chaps my ass, that isn't so bad.  "You mean to tell me" is the proper response?  If not I'm an idjit too then...

in context? did you watch it?
    Just realized it's a video.  It's not bad.  She didn't ask a question after, I heard it as a statement.

It doesn't matter though, I get what she was trying to say as goofy as it might sound.  It's not as bad as Gazpacho.  On to the next soundbite.
    I listened it was painful.  That is not a complete thought.  What does open borders have to do with it?  She crazy
    taxes and governments were a thing during the ice age?

as stupid as she is, that was her point. her point is that climate change has been happening since the beginning of time, and no human intervention will stop that. 
    Yes, I got her point as this too.
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,698
    mickeyrat said:
    static111 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    In context it might.  Snippets generally don't but with her you never know.  I'm waiting for the next gazpacho police quote.

Joe Biden Funny Quote - Goats Are Like Mushrooms Anti Biden - Democrats -  Trump  eBayMy favorite untrue quote of all time.  
    Certain grammar chaps my ass, that isn't so bad.  "You mean to tell me" is the proper response?  If not I'm an idjit too then...

Just realized it's a video.  It's not bad.  She didn't ask a question after, I heard it as a statement.

It doesn't matter though, I get what she was trying to say as goofy as it might sound.  It's not as bad as Gazpacho.  On to the next soundbite.
    I listened it was painful.  That is not a complete thought.  What does open borders have to do with it?  She crazy

as stupid as she is, that was her point. her point is that climate change has been happening since the beginning of time, and no human intervention will stop that. 
    Right because our ability to understand the factors in climate change hasn't improved since the Ice Age. So why wouldn't we just continue to do nothing?
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    static111 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Right because our ability to understand the factors in climate change hasn't improved since the Ice Age. So why wouldn't we just continue to do nothing?
    You can argue that with her.  I'm sure it will go over well.
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,029
    mrussel1 said:
    I haven't watched it, but it kind of does. From reading it anyway, sounds like she's saying "taxes and government didn't stop the last global warming, why would it stop this one?"
    Coming from anyone else you'd realize they are making a silly argument on purpose. Coming from her, she may have been serious though.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,866
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    static111 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

agreed. CARBON FOR ALL!
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    mace1229 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    I haven't watched it, but it kind of does. From reading it anyway, sounds like she's saying "taxes and government didn't stop the last global warming, why would it stop this one?"
    Coming from anyone else you'd realize they are making a silly argument on purpose. Coming from her, she may have been serious though.
    Yes,  I can muddle through it and conclude what she's trying to say.  But it's still mangled English.  She's an elected official,  she should be able to construct a cogent thought.  

This is without arguing with the ridiculousness of the statement. 
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Yes,  I can muddle through it and conclude what she's trying to say.  But it's still mangled English.  She's an elected official,  she should be able to construct a cogent thought.  

Most of us got it here so it's fine.  Not everyone can be an orator or linguist or is it a scholar?  As long as you expect her to be like this you won't be let down when she does something later.

• Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,938
    mickeyrat said:
    static111 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

well, my counter would be what what was that rate before the Industrial Revolution and since?

And does what happened since fit in the overall change cycle?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,181
    yeah didn't they have big coal burning power plants during the last ice age?

what other variables can we simply throw out to try to make this false equivalence truly an equal comparison?
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    To be clear, I was only interpreting her message. I’m 100% opposed to it and her stupidity. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,029
    It would have been funny if it was coming from someone who you didn't have to second guess if they were being serious or not. 
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Most of us got it here so it's fine.  Not everyone can be an orator or linguist or is it a scholar?  As long as you expect her to be like this you won't be let down when she does something later.

Last night I went to the show with friends that included a Cuban immigrant who has been here for two years and speaks limited English.  I got what he was saying all night, but it wasn't easy.  That's not the bar that I set for elected officials nor would it meet the definition of an orator or "linguist" (you might want to look up what a linguist really is).  I'm not going to apologize for expecting elected officials who have a direct say in the direction of our country (more direct than I do), to be able to construct sentences at an 11th grade level.  
  • Options
    I'd have to agree. it would be nice if we could go back to having the elites run the country. 

KIDDING. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,261
    Don't have to be elites. Just reasonably educated.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    Reasonably educated with a moral compass. Joe The Plumber is great for when your hot water heater shits the bed but maybe not so much legislating healthcare reform or defense budgets. Needless to say, I would have preferred a former VP and climate change realist and a French speaking wind surfer over a brush clearing guy I want to have a beer with as POTUS.

”I love the uneducated.” You can see where that got us.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    so people with "school of hard knocks" in their online profile should maybe not apply, am i right?
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

• Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Last night I went to the show with friends that included a Cuban immigrant who has been here for two years and speaks limited English.  I got what he was saying all night, but it wasn't easy.  That's not the bar that I set for elected officials nor would it meet the definition of an orator or "linguist" (you might want to look up what a linguist really is).  I'm not going to apologize for expecting elected officials who have a direct say in the direction of our country (more direct than I do), to be able to construct sentences at an 11th grade level.  
    Linguist is understanding languages...  Thought it fit perfectly in there or do you think it means something else?

Sometimes people just miss the jokes and take things wayyyyy too literally...

It's also interesting when a beloved politician muddles a statement they get a pass but if it's someone you don't like?  Whooo boy, get a rope!

• Options
    I'd have to agree. it would be nice if we could go back to having the elites run the country. 

KIDDING. 
    Now this was funny.

We finally have people that seem like everyday humans in office and we still don't like it, lol.

This is really why Trump won.
  • Options

KIDDING. 
    Now this was funny.

We finally have people that seem like everyday humans in office and we still don't like it, lol.

unfortunately these "everyday humans" are the bottom of the intellectual barrel. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

KIDDING. 
    Now this was funny.

unfortunately these "everyday humans" are the bottom of the intellectual barrel. 
    I forgot who said it but the comment was along the lines of "america wants reality show people to be in public office".  I thought that statement was ludicrous and then Trump won.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Linguist is understanding languages...  Thought it fit perfectly in there or do you think it means something else?

It's also interesting when a beloved politician muddles a statement they get a pass but if it's someone you don't like?  Whooo boy, get a rope!

Yeah but she barely understands her own language.  That's not a linguist when you speak one language, poorly.  

What was the joke?  I'm hammering her and you are defending her.  I'm not sure I know where the joke came in. 
  • Options
    On September 11 no less.

• Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Yeah but she barely understands her own language.  That's not a linguist when you speak one language, poorly.  

What was the joke?  I'm hammering her and you are defending her.  I'm not sure I know where the joke came in. 
    So yeah you missed the joke. I said "not everyone can be an orator, linguist or scholar" meaning her. That was funny...

I only defend something if it's obvious, what she said was obvious.
  • Options
    On September 11 no less.

Every few years we get these rumblings.  I have seen it mapped out on how they could do this too.  That one took some work.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mrussel1 said:

So yeah you missed the joke. I said "not everyone can be an orator, linguist or scholar" meaning her. That was funny...

I only defend something if it's obvious, what she said was obvious.
    Ah, I thought you meant "stop expecting her to be an orator"... 
  • Options
    On September 11 no less.

another one referenced Americans still getting sick and dying.....

meanwhile she's voted against certain bills tgat would help first responders and the families.....
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    On September 11 no less.

if she wants to leave, she should get the fuck out. now.

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,338
    Wait....is that a real tweet? Seriously?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Yes. From the 'official' account, too.

On September 11 no less.

Every few years we get these rumblings.  I have seen it mapped out on how they could do this too.  That one took some work.
    Not surprised about that given how divided we are and can certainly see that folks would work through the details. I mean folks treat the Enterprise as a real ship. But to call for it on a day where (I think) we can all agree that 9/11 was a bad thing is beyond me. 
  • Options
    Yes. From the 'official' account, too.

On September 11 no less.

Not surprised about that given how divided we are and can certainly see that folks would work through the details. I mean folks treat the Enterprise as a real ship. But to call for it on a day where (I think) we can all agree that 9/11 was a bad thing is beyond me. 
    USS Enterprise has a long history in our Navy. The 2 most recent....
    uss enterprise cv-6

USS Enterprise CVN-65. Our first nuclear powered aircraft carrier.