Marjorie Taylor Greene

Comments

• The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    I love the irony of the guy wearing the "Get over it Trump is your president shirt." Biggest bunch of babies that ever existed.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    Greene’s Investment in Trump Social Media Company is a Loser (For Now)
    By News and Guts

Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene, a Republican from Georgia, got swept up in meme stock mania last week, investing as much as $50,000 in Donald Trump’s newest social media venture, according to a public disclosure.

Unfortunately for Greene, her timing was off. The value of DWAC – the special purpose acquisition company that merged with the Trump Media & Technology Group – has been cut in half since reaching a high on Friday.

Even if Greene bought the volatile stock at Friday’s low point, she’s still down around 7% as of Wednesday.

At one point last week, shares of DWAC soared 1,657%. A recent pullback now has the stock trading above $60 per share, six times its initial price.

CNBC reports that Greene dumped shares of Apple, Amazon, and Google-owner Alphabet on the day Joe Biden was inaugurated as president. All three stocks have since risen.

• brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,594
    By News and Guts

Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene, a Republican from Georgia, got swept up in meme stock mania last week, investing as much as $50,000 in Donald Trump’s newest social media venture, according to a public disclosure.

Unfortunately for Greene, her timing was off. The value of DWAC – the special purpose acquisition company that merged with the Trump Media & Technology Group – has been cut in half since reaching a high on Friday.

Even if Greene bought the volatile stock at Friday’s low point, she’s still down around 7% as of Wednesday.

At one point last week, shares of DWAC soared 1,657%. A recent pullback now has the stock trading above $60 per share, six times its initial price.

CNBC reports that Greene dumped shares of Apple, Amazon, and Google-owner Alphabet on the day Joe Biden was inaugurated as president. All three stocks have since risen.

Marjorie...
    World39s Smallest Violin GIFs  Tenor

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,130
    By News and Guts

so you are telling me that someone with a pea sized brain is not good at investing. i'm speechless.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,450
    Well, everyone's favorite lunatic just keeps dropping knowledge bombs. We didn't close down schools for cancer, so we shouldn't for Covid: https://www.newsweek.com/marjorie-taylor-greene-blasts-covid-rules-says-not-single-school-has-closed-due-cancer-1656127

• nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,640

Source?
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    nicknyr15 said:

Source?
    haha, oh right, we're supposed to source memes now like they are taken as truth. lol
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,517
    In GQP circles memes are gospel.
  • gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,130
    what if we make our own memes, which I do all the time? do we credit ourselves?
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,423
    what if we make our own memes, which I do all the time? do we credit ourselves?

no. q gave it to you.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,594
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

now she's a victim of liberal tech bias , headed into election season.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    mickeyrat said:

She still has her official Congressional twitter account.  Maybe Vegas has odds on how long that stays active 
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    Countdown to the Trump fans (who will tell you they are not Trump fans) coming out to "both sides" this thing.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Countdown to the Trump fans (who will tell you they are not Trump fans) coming out to "both sides" this thing.
    She can sign up for POOTWH’s raging popula social media platform and screech all she wants. Or just issue a “letter.”
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©

Taylor Greene faces GOP challengers in changing Ga. district
    By WILL WEISSERT
    58 mins ago

HIRAM, Ga. (AP) — In her pitch to voters, Jennifer Strahan introduces herself as a mother, a Christian and a conservative. She usually skips over the fellow Republican she hopes to topple later this spring: Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene.

That's because virtually everyone in this northwest Georgia congressional district already has an opinion about Greene, whose extreme rhetoric has left her stripped of committee assignments in Washington and her personal Twitter account permanently banned.

“You don’t always have to go around and tell people what she has done or said," Strahan, the 35-year-old founder of a suburban Atlanta health care advisory firm, said in an interview. "That’s known.”

In her first term in Congress, Greene has emerged as one of the most prominent voices of the GOP's far-right fringe, touting racist and antisemitic tropes, engaging in conspiracy theories about the coronavirus and vaccines and embracing former President Donald Trump's lie that the 2020 election was stolen. As she seeks reelection promising more of the same, Strahan is among a small group of challengers during Georgia's May 24 primary who argue they can deliver Republican values without the sideshow.

“I think people in this district are mostly tired of her crap,” Charles Lutin, 69, a retired physician and Air Force flight surgeon who is another Republican trying to unseat Greene, said in an interview. “It’s not anything like 95% are tired of her. But I think it’s a good strong majority.”

The race is unfolding in one of the nation's most significant political battlegrounds. In 2020, President Joe Biden was the first Democrat to carry Georgia since 1992. The state is now represented by two Democrats in the Senate. The fall campaign includes closely watched races for Senate and governor where Republicans are hoping to make up for lost ground.

But in some corners of Greene's territory, there's a sense of exhaustion from the nation's overheated politics.

David Harvey, an 85-year-old retiree in Rome, Georgia, voted for Trump in 2016, but he-said the former president so divided the party that it led many Georgia conservatives to stay home rather than keep voting Republican. He said he wouldn’t vote for Greene, who he believes “rode Trump’s coattails” to notoriety for all the wrong reasons.

“You don’t want to be a national figure for having been stripped of your committee assignments,” Harvey said.

Greene declined to comment for this story. Her district, which stretches from the Atlanta exurbs to the outskirts of Chattanooga, Tennessee, is firmly Republican. And a massive fundraising advantage will help Greene fend off her opponents.

continues....

• Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,937
    I'm hoping we see more of a "let's take the GOP back from the psychos" type of campaigning. Pence's hit on tRump might be the first shot fired.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • mickeyrat said:

She still has her official Congressional twitter account.  Maybe Vegas has odds on how long that stays active 
    So here is my question, Why doesn't she use that as her platform instead of a personal account?  If it is truthful and all or did she use it as a grandstanding platform to just yell at the clouds?
    mickeyrat said:

So here is my question, Why doesn't she use that as her platform instead of a personal account?  If it is truthful and all or did she use it as a grandstanding platform to just yell at the clouds?
    people probably started following her before she was a congressperson, so it's a continuity thing. and I'm sure she also knows it's better to get a ban on a person account than a professional one. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,937
    https://www.usnews.com/news/politics/articles/2022-02-08/mcconnell-says-its-not-the-job-of-rnc-to-single-out-members-calls-jan-6-violent-insurrection?utm_source=usn_fb&fbclid=IwAR0q-6I25vnwbgNC20Cd066SGysfEkegeIYrAiKZyaM97naJhetGYIXS43A

Second shot fired...

Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell on Tuesday pushed back against the censures of two House Republicans over their involvement in investigating the Jan. 6 attack on the Capitol, arguing that it’s “not the job” of the Republican National Committee to single out its own members and disputing the characterization that the riots were “legitimate political discourse.”

Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    in what universe am I praising McConnell in my head?
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• in what universe am I praising McConnell in my head?
    Distancing and voting time is coming.
    it's a big risk though. he is really trying his best to distance the party from Trump and the Jan 6 "patriot" narrative. we'll see how it plays out. I'm sure he'll still win his seat as long as he wants it. But he may lose capital/influence in the senate. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

it's a big risk though. he is really trying his best to distance the party from Trump and the Jan 6 "patriot" narrative. we'll see how it plays out. I'm sure he'll still win his seat as long as he wants it. But he may lose capital/influence in the senate. 
    no he wont. he's a motherfucker. they wont push aside a motherfucker. he isnt up for 4 years. but he turns 80 in 12 days. he may hang em up. been in that seat since 85.

his maIn agenda has largely come to fruition. pushing through a vast majority of conservative judges with lifetime appointments.

I think you are underestimating Trump's influence if he runs again. if he wins, and mcconnell is against his agenda, senators will side with trump. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,929
    I think you are underestimating Trump's influence if he runs again. if he wins, and mcconnell is against his agenda, senators will side with trump. 
    For me, the question is - is it possible that between the Republican anti-Trump rhetoric coming from some, and the pro-craziness rhetoric coming from others, divvies up the votes such that neither side can win? 
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
    benjs said:
    For me, the question is - is it possible that between the Republican anti-Trump rhetoric coming from some, and the pro-craziness rhetoric coming from others, divvies up the votes such that neither side can win? 
    if trump were to win again, I think we'd see an even harder line of trump support....he'd be absolutely unhinged if he had nothing to lose, and would destroy anyone who went against him. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD