So called 10C exclusive available at Target tomorrow

Comments

• static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    I love I love these guys but between my original copy, and both of the remastered versions from the box set I don’t see myself needing a fourth copy of ten on vinyl just because it’s purple.. if I didn’t already have three copies I would be all over it though.
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,943
    pjl44 said:
    Where is the color of the Target version confirmed?
    On the hype sticker.  It has the target logo and says it’s purple vinyl.  
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• tdawetdawe Posts: 2,089
    on2legs said:
    This is not how they usually deal with stuff so I’d like to think the wording was just poorly chosen and we won’t see it happen again in the future. 
    I believe the same thing happened with the RSD Live on Easy Street when it first appeared in the shop. It wasn't until later that we found out it would be on Amazon and other stores readily available.  Also wasn't the ten club Let's Play Two vinyl supposed to be different than other stores? Correct me if I'm wrong but I didn't see any difference. 
    Wasn’t the red Live At Easy Street a true 10C exclusive? IIRC that one was handled correctly (they put out the standard version for RSD but told us in advance that there would be a club version) but I might be misremembering. 

Isn’t the jacket for LP2 slightly different/nicer for the club version? Mine has a nice texture to it and I thought I heard it was club only but I’ve never been clear on that. 
    Camden 2 2006, Newark 2010, Barclays 2 2013, Central Park 2015, MSG 2 2016, Wrigley 1 2016, Rome 2018, Prague 2018, Asbury Park 2021, EV & Earthlings NYC 1 2022, MSG 2022, Louisville 2022, Dublin 2024, MSG 1 2024, MSG 2 2024
  • The disappointment with how TenClub treat us paying customers is fairly relentless. 
    They had to know the semantics of the email made it seem like it was a purely Ten Club release. 
  • tdawe said:
    on2legs said:
    This is not how they usually deal with stuff so I’d like to think the wording was just poorly chosen and we won’t see it happen again in the future. 
    I believe the same thing happened with the RSD Live on Easy Street when it first appeared in the shop. It wasn't until later that we found out it would be on Amazon and other stores readily available.  Also wasn't the ten club Let's Play Two vinyl supposed to be different than other stores? Correct me if I'm wrong but I didn't see any difference. 
    Wasn’t the red Live At Easy Street a true 10C exclusive? IIRC that one was handled correctly (they put out the standard version for RSD but told us in advance that there would be a club version) but I might be misremembering. 

Isn’t the jacket for LP2 slightly different/nicer for the club version? Mine has a nice texture to it and I thought I heard it was club only but I’ve never been clear on that. 
    I think you are correct on the red easy street.  That one was clear.  The regular not so much.  I didn't notice a difference with the Lets Play Two, but I don't have a copy of both to examine.  
  • SHZASHZA Posts: 3,895
    on2legs said:
    SHZA said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    on2legs said:
    Horse2345 said:
    Didn’t someone show that the Target color will be different 

Shipping (Ten Club) 

Nov 10, 2020, 12:03 PM PST 

“Ten Club exclusive”

On our site this was exclusive to members.

It's available at Target starting tomorrow.
    Thanks
    10c

C’mon ten club... be transparent when selling things.  Don’t play games with the wording and then add things like “on our site” after the fact.  You should have explained it was going to be sold at target as well and not truly exclusive to the ten club. 

Totally agree.  
    The Target hype sticker was a pretty big hint that it wasn't a 10c exclusive 
    The ten club newsletter was a pretty big hint that it was a 10c exclusive. 

But you couldn't buy it in the newsletter. The page you buy it from had a conspicuous target sticker on the product 
  • I don’t get what everyone is so confused about. Seemed pretty correctly worded and easily understandable to me. 
    SHZA said:
    on2legs said:
    SHZA said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    on2legs said:
    Horse2345 said:

Shipping (Ten Club) 

“Ten Club exclusive”

Thanks
    10c

C’mon ten club... be transparent when selling things.  Don’t play games with the wording and then add things like “on our site” after the fact.  You should have explained it was going to be sold at target as well and not truly exclusive to the ten club. 

Totally agree.  

But you couldn't buy it in the newsletter. The page you buy it from had a conspicuous target sticker on the product 
    Lol. Conspicuous? People had to zoom in on it to see what it was.   😂

1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• DrdealDrdeal Posts: 695
    Glad I missed this. I would have been annoyed when it is on the vinyl rack at Target soon. Most Targets sell vinyl. Even WalMart is doing vinyl exclusives now. The new AC/DC and Iron Maiden LP's have WalMart Exclusive colors.
  • Horse2345Horse2345 Posts: 3,271
    SHZA said:
    on2legs said:
    SHZA said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    on2legs said:
    Horse2345 said:

Shipping (Ten Club) 

“Ten Club exclusive”

Thanks
    10c

Totally agree.  

Doesn’t mean much when most places outside of the US don’t have Target and have no idea what a Target sticker looks like.

UBC 92, Vancouver 93, Vancouver 98, Seattle 02, Vancouver 03, Vancouver 05, Gorge 06, Gorge 06,Seattle 09,Seattle 09, Vancouver09, Montreal 11, Toronto 11,Toronto 11, Vancouver 11,Vancouver 13, Seattle 13
  • To me what is most disappointing is the band has long stumped for people to buy at local records shops and avoid buying at big-box stores and yet this “exclusive” vinyl pressing will be sold by 10c and at Target?  Kind of baffling.
  • ConorKavanaghConorKavanagh Ireland Posts: 1,148
    So will this be available online tomorrow then?
    Dublin 2006
    Dublin 2010
    Madrid 2018
    Werchter 2022
    London 1 2022
    London 2 2022
    Krakow 2022
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,297
    edited November 2020
    So will this be available online tomorrow then?

USA shipping only. No international shipping from Target.com

Post edited by demetrios on
  • Between this and the shipping issue, not a good month or so. Financially sure, customer service, not so much. 
    on2legs said:
    SHZA said:
    on2legs said:
    SHZA said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    on2legs said:
    Horse2345 said:

Shipping (Ten Club) 

“Ten Club exclusive”

Thanks
    10c

Totally agree.  

LOL a 4" tall white sticker on a dark background album cover that you've been looking at for the last 30 years is absolutely conspicuous. Did you actually not see the sticker or was it just too much of a strain for you to zoom in? 
  • tdawetdawe Posts: 2,089
    Just can’t imagine why anyone would be defending Ten Club on this one. Describing this accurately - as a Target exclusive color way that they’re making available to members first - would have been just as easy as what they did. 
    Camden 2 2006, Newark 2010, Barclays 2 2013, Central Park 2015, MSG 2 2016, Wrigley 1 2016, Rome 2018, Prague 2018, Asbury Park 2021, EV & Earthlings NYC 1 2022, MSG 2022, Louisville 2022, Dublin 2024, MSG 1 2024, MSG 2 2024
    SHZA said:
    on2legs said:
    SHZA said:
    on2legs said:
    SHZA said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    on2legs said:
    Horse2345 said:

Shipping (Ten Club) 

“Ten Club exclusive”

Thanks
    10c

Totally agree.  

LOL a 4" tall white sticker on a dark background album cover that you've been looking at for the last 30 years is absolutely conspicuous. Did you actually not see the sticker or was it just too much of a strain for you to zoom in? 
     I’m not sure you know what conspicuous means.  Zoom in all you want. It doesn’t even say the word TARGET 😂

This on the other hand... is very conspicuous. 🤨VVV

edited November 2020
    tdawe said:
    Just can’t imagine why anyone would be defending Ten Club on this one. Describing this accurately - as a Target exclusive color way that they’re making available to members first - would have been just as easy as what they did. 
    Exactly.  It still would have sold out and without any drama. I still think this was an unintentional error by ten club.  Hopefully they word it differently next time. 
    Post edited by on2legs on

• JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,127
    Even zoomed in I wouldn't know that was a Target sticker. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Foriginal SinForiginal Sin Posts: 1,770
    edited November 2020
    Here’s how breweries work. When you buy a 6 pack at your favorite brewery and pay say $9.99 most of that profit goes to the brewery. When the brewery sells their product to a distributor, the distributor sells it to the store so the store can sell it for $9.99. The product is the exact same but the brewery makes way less return on that purchase. Do you all want to pay the band for their amazing work or pay Target? 
    Chicago 6/29/98, Alpine Valley(EV) 6/13/99, Alpine Valley 10/08/00, Chicago 10/09/00, Phoenix 10/20/00, Orlando 4/12/03, Tampa 4/13/03, San Diego 6/05/03, Vegas 6/06/03, Phoenix 6/07/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Orlando 10/08/04, D.C. 10/11/04, Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, LA 7/12/08, Chicago 8/23/09, Chicago 8/24/09, LA 10/07/09, San Diego 10/09/09 (Front Row Center, Finally), Phoenix(EV) 11/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Phoenix 11/19/13, Denver 10/22/14, Wrigley 8/20/16, Wrigley 8/22/16
  • Here’s how breweries work. When you buy a 6 pack at your favorite brewery and pay say $9.99 most of that profit goes to the brewery. When the brewery sells their product to a distributor, the distributor sells it to the store so the store can sell it for $9.99. The product is the exact same but the brewery makes way less return on that purchase. Do you all want to pay the band for their amazing work or pay Target? 

If the band is going to be misleading and dishonest then Target
    on2legs said:
    SHZA said:
    on2legs said:
    SHZA said:
    on2legs said:
    SHZA said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    on2legs said:
    Horse2345 said:

Shipping (Ten Club) 

“Ten Club exclusive”

Thanks
    10c

Totally agree.  

I’m not sure you know what conspicuous means.  Zoom in all you want. It doesn’t even say the word TARGET 😂

Conspicuous: "standing out so as to be clearly visible." Is that huge white sticker on the top right corner not clearly visible? True, you have to take a closer look to see what it says but the vast majority of American consumers easily recognize the Target bullseye logo 
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,239
    Zoomed in & passed. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,176
    edited November 2020
    on2legs said:
    pjl44 said:
    What I'm saying is do we know for sure the Target one is purple? It could just as easily be a different version that says "pressed on orange vinyl" or whatever.

Edit: To be clear, "the one being sold by Target." I do see the logo on that one.
    edited November 2020
    SHZA said:
    on2legs said:
    SHZA said:
    on2legs said:
    SHZA said:
    on2legs said:
    SHZA said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    on2legs said:
    Horse2345 said:

Shipping (Ten Club) 

“Ten Club exclusive”

Thanks
    10c

Totally agree.  

Conspicuous: "standing out so as to be clearly visible." Is that huge white sticker on the top right corner not clearly visible? True, you have to take a closer look to see what it says but the vast majority of American consumers easily recognize the Target bullseye logo 
    By definition something is not conspicuous if “you have to take a closer look to see what it says”.   

This was fun, but I think we’re done here. 

• igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,781
    They should be doing this with Gigaton
    I miss igotid88
    pjl44 said:
    on2legs said:
    pjl44 said:
    What I'm saying is do we know for sure the Target one is purple? It could just as easily be a different version that says "pressed on orange vinyl" or whatever.

Edit: To be clear, "the one being sold by Target." I do see the logo on that one.
    I guess not 100%.  But I hope you’re correct. 

• pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,176
    on2legs said:
    pjl44 said:
    on2legs said:
    pjl44 said:

I think there's a good chance it's the same, but I would wait a day and see before I got too upset with the 10C
    pjl44 said:
    on2legs said:
    pjl44 said:
    on2legs said:
    pjl44 said:

I think there's a good chance it's the same, but I would wait a day and see before I got too upset with the 10C
    I’m good with my purchase and I’m pretty sure both versions will be the same.  Just looking for more transparency next time as to what exactly we’re  buying.  

• Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 7,685
    pjl44 said:
    on2legs said:
    pjl44 said:

We don't know for sure, but it stands to reason it will also be purple. If the one the 10c was selling was an exclusive purple color, they wouldn't need the Target sticker. target stickers are for target exclusives. 10C got an allotment to sell to their fans before the target on sale.