So called 10C exclusive available at Target tomorrow

Comments

• Jesus fucking Christ people.  Nowhere - N-O-W-H-E-R-E did it say it was a "Ten Club Exclusive."  It said Ten Club Members Only exclusive.  Meaning you had to be logged in to your Ten Club membership to buy it here.  You couldn't be just a general public person without a 10C membership.  You know, how show posters are sold, Vault vinyl records are sold, etc.  You know how you have to be a Ten Club member to buy that stuff?  That's what they meant here.  It's the same record that will be sold at Target, same color.  Ten Club got an allotment of the Target vinyl, they sold it here to MEMBERS ONLY, and the general public can get theirs at Target.  Nothing was worded vaguely or incorrectly.  It literally means what it says.  Good grief some of you people need to go back to first grade reading class.
    That must be some good 10C kool-aid you are drinking.  A first grader could easily see how, at best, it's worded poorly and misleading.  
  • Especially with the history of the band selling some vinyl exclusively at 10c. 
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,397
    Jesus fucking Christ people.  Nowhere - N-O-W-H-E-R-E did it say it was a "Ten Club Exclusive."  It said Ten Club Members Only exclusive.  Meaning you had to be logged in to your Ten Club membership to buy it here.  You couldn't be just a general public person without a 10C membership.  You know, how show posters are sold, Vault vinyl records are sold, etc.  You know how you have to be a Ten Club member to buy that stuff?  That's what they meant here.  It's the same record that will be sold at Target, same color.  Ten Club got an allotment of the Target vinyl, they sold it here to MEMBERS ONLY, and the general public can get theirs at Target.  Nothing was worded vaguely or incorrectly.  It literally means what it says.  Good grief some of you people need to go back to first grade reading class.
    It literally says: "The 2020 Pearl Jam Ten Purple Vinyl is a Ten Club members-only exclusive item"  which means to me that it is only available to ten club members.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Jesus fucking Christ people.  Nowhere - N-O-W-H-E-R-E did it say it was a "Ten Club Exclusive."  It said Ten Club Members Only exclusive.  Meaning you had to be logged in to your Ten Club membership to buy it here.  You couldn't be just a general public person without a 10C membership.  You know, how show posters are sold, Vault vinyl records are sold, etc.  You know how you have to be a Ten Club member to buy that stuff?  That's what they meant here.  It's the same record that will be sold at Target, same color.  Ten Club got an allotment of the Target vinyl, they sold it here to MEMBERS ONLY, and the general public can get theirs at Target.  Nothing was worded vaguely or incorrectly.  It literally means what it says.  Good grief some of you people need to go back to first grade reading class.
    Be better than this.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • I'm so pissed off. I just woke up, JUST woke up here in California. It's 7:35am PST as I post this, and this shit is sold out at Target, fucking TARGET already!!! Why are there still so many fucking insane diehard fans who sell shit out in record time? Why did this go on sale while I was still in REM sleep mode? So unfair!!!
    ~*~Me and Hippiemom dranketh the red wine in Cleveland 2003~*~

First PJ Show: March 20, 1994 | Ann Arbor | Crisler Arena
  • tdawetdawe Posts: 2,089
    I'm so pissed off. I just woke up, JUST woke up here in California. It's 7:35am PST as I post this, and this shit is sold out at Target, fucking TARGET already!!! Why are there still so many fucking insane diehard fans who sell shit out in record time? Why did this go on sale while I was still in REM sleep mode? So unfair!!!
    I could be wrong but I would expect Target to ultimately press a ton of these things. It’s almost certainly going to be a crappy pressing and won’t be highly sought after once the initial FOMO wears off. These will be readily available in time if you want one. 
    Camden 2 2006, Newark 2010, Barclays 2 2013, Central Park 2015, MSG 2 2016, Wrigley 1 2016, Rome 2018, Prague 2018, Asbury Park 2021, EV & Earthlings NYC 1 2022, MSG 2022, Louisville 2022, Dublin 2024, MSG 1 2024, MSG 2 2024
  • RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,465
    tdawe said:
    I'm so pissed off. I just woke up, JUST woke up here in California. It's 7:35am PST as I post this, and this shit is sold out at Target, fucking TARGET already!!! Why are there still so many fucking insane diehard fans who sell shit out in record time? Why did this go on sale while I was still in REM sleep mode? So unfair!!!
    I could be wrong but I would expect Target to ultimately press a ton of these things. It’s almost certainly going to be a crappy pressing and won’t be highly sought after once the initial FOMO wears off. These will be readily available in time if you want one. 
    I agree.
  • I canceled my order from 10c yesterday because of the misinformation.  May have bought it otherwise if they mentioned it would be sold at Target or if they had just left out the line about the exclusivity (if you're getting the email, you're a 10 club member anyway).  It's just getting sad around here.  I don't even care about the item anymore. 
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 7,687
    tdawe said:
    If the last pressing was a crappy pressing then this would follow suit. Its most likely not a new cut. It will probably be identical to the 2017 pressing, just on purple.

• pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,176
    I think it would have been better for them to word it something like "We've partnered with Target on a limited edition purple pressing of Ten and we'll be selling a limited allotment exclusively to Ten Club members." They've done that with RSD releases and the like.
    mcgruff10 said:
    Jesus fucking Christ people.  Nowhere - N-O-W-H-E-R-E did it say it was a "Ten Club Exclusive."  It said Ten Club Members Only exclusive.  Meaning you had to be logged in to your Ten Club membership to buy it here.  You couldn't be just a general public person without a 10C membership.  You know, how show posters are sold, Vault vinyl records are sold, etc.  You know how you have to be a Ten Club member to buy that stuff?  That's what they meant here.  It's the same record that will be sold at Target, same color.  Ten Club got an allotment of the Target vinyl, they sold it here to MEMBERS ONLY, and the general public can get theirs at Target.  Nothing was worded vaguely or incorrectly.  It literally means what it says.  Good grief some of you people need to go back to first grade reading class.
    It literally says: "The 2020 Pearl Jam Ten Purple Vinyl is a Ten Club members-only exclusive item"  which means to me that it is only available to ten club members.
    I think they could have been a touch clearer in the description, but my initial assessment was that only 10c members could purchase this, not that it was a 10c exclusive. Well that and the sticker on the cover, which I get that most people wouldn't have known what it was.

though that being said, Didn't people notice the sticker on the cover? Like, it stands out. Why wouldn't someone blow it up and get a bit curious as to what it is. I would think its an indication of something else.

• Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,131
    edited November 2020
    though that being said, Didn't people notice the sticker on the cover? Like, it stands out. Why wouldn't someone blow it up and get a bit curious as to what it is. I would think its an indication of something else.

A lot of coloured vinyl, or special editions have a hype sticker.

That is not even beginning to be an argument for that people should have understood or taht they should have zoomed in on the image.  

This is all on the tenclub. And their communication skills.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    I understood. 

mcgruff10 said:
    I think they could have been a touch clearer in the description, but my initial assessment was that only 10c members could purchase this, not that it was a 10c exclusive. Well that and the sticker on the cover, which I get that most people wouldn't have known what it was.

Because they make speed of checkout a major issue when getting limited items. I saw a sticker, assumed it was from 10club.
    Thank you!! (These fucking babies)
    Chicago 6/29/98, Alpine Valley(EV) 6/13/99, Alpine Valley 10/08/00, Chicago 10/09/00, Phoenix 10/20/00, Orlando 4/12/03, Tampa 4/13/03, San Diego 6/05/03, Vegas 6/06/03, Phoenix 6/07/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Orlando 10/08/04, D.C. 10/11/04, Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, LA 7/12/08, Chicago 8/23/09, Chicago 8/24/09, LA 10/07/09, San Diego 10/09/09 (Front Row Center, Finally), Phoenix(EV) 11/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Phoenix 11/19/13, Denver 10/22/14, Wrigley 8/20/16, Wrigley 8/22/16
    You clown!
    The fact the email states "The 2020 Pearl  Jam Ten Purple vinyl is a 10C members-only exclusive item" misleading attall?
    edited November 2020
    Its poorly worded (we all agree on that), but they clearly meant only 10 club members could buy it in the store. 

But literally the 4th post in the Pssst thread says " So I guess Target will have some of these at some point as well ", so it was established early on it was a Target release and not a 10c one off.

Post edited by Tim Simmons on
    mcgruff10 said:

I buy enough vinyl to know a Target hype sticker when I see it. 

When I saw the first item in the newsletter was a Ten Club Members-Only Exclusive version of Ten, I knew I had to smash my way through the buy process as quickly as possible if I didn’t want to risk missing out. So that’s what I did. I saw the sticker in the mock-up and thought (as I was already past that screen and into the checkout) “that sure looked like a Target sticker...but the email said members only so maybe it’s either a different sticker that just looks like Target (it’s not like I zoomed in or anything), or they’re just using an image from another Target exclusive press that I don’t know about.” I also noticed it was $18 which didn’t make sense for a real club exclusive. I further noticed that it was going to cost me over $11 to ship which is outrageous. 

Right before I clicked the submit order button, I thought to myself “I’m probably about to spend $30 on a crap pressing of Ten that I absolutely will not spin over my Redux version and which will be taunting me from the rack at every Target I enter for years to come.” But then I thought, “there is a small chance that I’m wrong about this somehow; if I am wrong I’ll seriously regret it and if I’m not wrong I’m only out thirty bucks.” That’s how they get ya, I guess.
    Camden 2 2006, Newark 2010, Barclays 2 2013, Central Park 2015, MSG 2 2016, Wrigley 1 2016, Rome 2018, Prague 2018, Asbury Park 2021, EV & Earthlings NYC 1 2022, MSG 2022, Louisville 2022, Dublin 2024, MSG 1 2024, MSG 2 2024
    Oh, they are great as getting us to commit. Much Merch Power

• JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,127
    Coke Bottle Ten > Purple Ten

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
    JimmyV said:
    Im not a huge vinyl guy, does it just look cooler or actually sound better?
  • mcgruff10 said:

The sticker isn't as noticeable as the actual wording in the newsletter that indicated the item was a 10C member-only exclusive item.  Regardless, I did notice the sticker and just assumed the 10C edition would be different in some way from the retail Target version....or maybe the deal with Target fell through somehow and 10C had the exclusive rights to sell the vinyl.

The fact is nobody knew for 100% certain what the case was until 10C clarified it via email to someone.  By then the 10C version was long sold out.  That's not a coincidence.
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,799
    edited November 2020
    I would guess the people complaining only want something exclusive rather than a new colored vinyl.  I do agree that saying "exclusive" is misleading.  But who cares? Unless you are hoping it is limited and you want its value to go up or if you just want to pound your chest and say look what I got. Purple vinyl of a record we have heard a zillion times. What is amazing is that people still buy the different versions of this record.
  • Get_Right said:
    I would guess the people complaining only want something exclusive rather than a new colored vinyl.  I do agree that saying "exclusive" is misleading.  But who cares? Unless you are hoping it is limited and you want its value to go up or if you just want to pound your chest and say look what I got. Purple vinyl of a record we have heard a zillion times. 
    No the bigger issue is if we had known the truth, we could have gotten it for at least $11 cheaper from Target and used it was part of their Buy 2 Get 1 Free sale right now.  
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,127
    RS65573 said:
    JimmyV said:
    Oh, I'm not a vinyl guy either. But...it looked cool, came with both the Redux and original versions, and was available (exclusively, I believe) through Newbury Comics. As a Masshole I could not say no. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Get_Right said:
    I would guess the people complaining only want something exclusive rather than a new colored vinyl. 
    I want a well working fanclub.

How many eyeballs saw that newsletter etc before it went out?
  • CPR7CPR7 Posts: 366
    Guys it's just stuff. 

"It's not the world that's heavy, it's just the things that you save..."
    Get_Right said:
    or if you just want to pound your chest and say look what I got.
    That’s right...or, as I like to call it, “collecting vinyl.” 

If you think it’s stupid that’s fine, but it’s a hobby for a lot of people, including a lot of
    members of this fan club. 
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,943
    Deep breath.  From the Target website:

1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

JimmyV said:
    RS65573 said:
    JimmyV said:
    Oh, I'm not a vinyl guy either. But...it looked cool, came with both the Redux and original versions, and was available (exclusively, I believe) through Newbury Comics. As a Masshole I could not say no. 
    I bought the coke bottle when it came out too...but I dont even have a turntable. Just a big stack of PJ vinyl. Maybe one day, but again, IDK much about the quality differences, if anyone can enlighten me.