So called 10C exclusive available at Target tomorrow

12346»

Comments

• PJammer4lifePJammer4life Los Angeles Posts: 2,644
    In the end, there will be plenty for all. 
    Bridge Benefit 1994, San Francisco 1995, San Diego 1995 1 & 2, Missoula 1998, Los Angeles 2000, San Diego 2000, Eddie Vedder/Beck 2/26/2002, Santa Barbara 2003, Irvine 2003, San Diego 2003, Vancouver 2005, Gorge 2005, San Diego 2006, Los Angeles 2006 1 & 2, Santa Barbara 2006, Eddie Vedder 4/10/08, Eddie Vedder 4/12/08, Eddie Vedder 4/15/08, 7/12/2008, SF 8/28/09, LA 9/30/09, LA 10/1/09, LA 10/06/09, LA 10/07/09, San Diego 10/09/09, Eddie Vedder 7/6/2011, Eddie Vedder 7/8/2011, PJ20 9/3/2011, PJ20 9/4/2011, Vancouver 9/25/2011, San Diego 11/21/13, LA 11/24/13, Ohana 9/25/21, Ohana 9/26/21, Ohana 10/1/21, EV 2/17/22, LA Forum 5/6/22, LA Forum 5/7/22, EV 10/1/22, EV 9/30/23
  • ParksyParksy Posts: 1,749
    Parksy said:
    SHZA said:
    Jesus fucking Christ people.  Nowhere - N-O-W-H-E-R-E did it say it was a "Ten Club Exclusive."  It said Ten Club Members Only exclusive.  Meaning you had to be logged in to your Ten Club membership to buy it here.  You couldn't be just a general public person without a 10C membership.  You know, how show posters are sold, Vault vinyl records are sold, etc.  You know how you have to be a Ten Club member to buy that stuff?  That's what they meant here.  It's the same record that will be sold at Target, same color.  Ten Club got an allotment of the Target vinyl, they sold it here to MEMBERS ONLY, and the general public can get theirs at Target.  Nothing was worded vaguely or incorrectly.  It literally means what it says.  Good grief some of you people need to go back to first grade reading class.
    Nailed it. It's definitely vague and arguably incorrect, but the level of outrage and number of posts devoted to the subject is mind-boggling. Mistakes happen. Could the wording have been improved? Yes. Were they intentionally trying to trick you? Of course not. If they were, they wouldn't have used a picture with a massive Target sticker. 

Not trying to harass you or anything, I agree with some of what you and Dyer is saying.  But before this fiasco, I didn't have the slightest clue what a Target sticker looked like and I can't be the only member who didn't.  
    I've been collecting records for about 25 years.  I occasionally shop at Target.  I didn't even know Target carried records.  

I don't want to debate the semantics of the email or item.  Exclusive is pretty clear, and almost all records have stickers.  
    She's a costly hobby eh? :)   Especially the last ten years where record costs went UP UP UP. 
    Toronto 2000
    Buffalo, Phoenix, Toronto 2003
    Boston I&II 2004
    Kitchener, Hamilton, London, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2005
    Toronto I&II, Las Vegas 2006
    Chicago Lollapalooza 2007
    Toronto, Seattle I&II, Vancouver, Philly I,II,III,IV 2009
    Cleveland, Buffalo 2010
    Toronto I&II 2011
    Buffalo 2013
    Toronto I&II 2016
    10C: 220xxx
  • SHZASHZA Posts: 3,895
    Parksy said:
    SHZA said:
    Jesus fucking Christ people.  Nowhere - N-O-W-H-E-R-E did it say it was a "Ten Club Exclusive."  It said Ten Club Members Only exclusive.  Meaning you had to be logged in to your Ten Club membership to buy it here.  You couldn't be just a general public person without a 10C membership.  You know, how show posters are sold, Vault vinyl records are sold, etc.  You know how you have to be a Ten Club member to buy that stuff?  That's what they meant here.  It's the same record that will be sold at Target, same color.  Ten Club got an allotment of the Target vinyl, they sold it here to MEMBERS ONLY, and the general public can get theirs at Target.  Nothing was worded vaguely or incorrectly.  It literally means what it says.  Good grief some of you people need to go back to first grade reading class.
    Nailed it. It's definitely vague and arguably incorrect, but the level of outrage and number of posts devoted to the subject is mind-boggling. Mistakes happen. Could the wording have been improved? Yes. Were they intentionally trying to trick you? Of course not. If they were, they wouldn't have used a picture with a massive Target sticker. 

Not trying to harass you or anything, I agree with some of what you and Dyer is saying.  But before this fiasco, I didn't have the slightest clue what a Target sticker looked like and I can't be the only member who didn't.  
    Understood, but the point is that including a sticker which indicates that it is not a 10c exclusive shows that this wasn't some evil scheme to mislead people into buying an $18 record. And if anyone was, in fact, misled, it appears that they will let you cancel the order. So not clear what the uproar is about. Are people just mad then that there aren't more ACTUAL 10c exclusives?  
  • ParksyParksy Posts: 1,749
    SHZA said:
    Parksy said:
    SHZA said:

Understood, but the point is that including a sticker which indicates that it is not a 10c exclusive shows that this wasn't some evil scheme to mislead people into buying an $18 record. And if anyone was, in fact, misled, it appears that they will let you cancel the order. So not clear what the uproar is about. Are people just mad then that there aren't more ACTUAL 10c exclusives?  
    Oh I don't think they're evil by any means.  :)   I'm stoked their taking cancelations and apparently they've been informing customers that they are aware the language was misleading.  If you substitute 'uproar' with 'annoyance' it's more accurate.  And the annoyance, with me at least, is seeing stuff like this too often especially compared with how other businesses and fan clubs operate.  We don't really have options for official Pearl Jam fan clubs, so unfortunately they must hear from us.  We can't take our business elsewhere.  

For what it's worth... if they listen and pay attention to some of these 'uproars'  they can improve and none of us would be here complaining. We ALL want a smooth running and awesome fan club. 
    Toronto 2000
    Buffalo, Phoenix, Toronto 2003
    Boston I&II 2004
    Kitchener, Hamilton, London, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2005
    Toronto I&II, Las Vegas 2006
    Chicago Lollapalooza 2007
    Toronto, Seattle I&II, Vancouver, Philly I,II,III,IV 2009
    Cleveland, Buffalo 2010
    Toronto I&II 2011
    Buffalo 2013
    Toronto I&II 2016
    10C: 220xxx
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,799
    SHZA said:
    Parksy said:
    SHZA said:

Nailed it. People thought they were getting something a little more special.
  • Long RedLong Red Posts: 185
    So much anger, all for a purple version of a 30 year old album we've all heard and enjoyed thousands of times. Can't we all just bask in the fact that these guys just released one of their finest NEW albums THIS YEAR? 
  • Quality of the vinyl comes down to 2 things

1. How its cut (Source and the vinyl mastering engineer can make a huge difference)
    2. Where its pressed. Certain plants just do an OK job while others do a phenomenal job (Is the vinyl flat? quiet - meaning no pops skips or crackles)

Color doesn't really make a difference (certain split colors, or tri/quad color pinwheel can lead to issues because of how the biscuit needs to be assembled). So really it comes down to personal taste. 

Personally clear and coke bottle are my favorite single colors. 
    The single most important factor in production of high quality vinyl records is the bead. A high quality virgin resin will produce the best reproduction of sound. A high quality bead on an old press will still produce a better record that say recycled bead on a brand new press. 
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 8,320
    Long Red said:
    So much anger, all for a purple version of a 30 year old album we've all heard and enjoyed thousands of times. Can't we all just bask in the fact that these guys just released one of their finest NEW albums THIS YEAR? 
    NO!! It wasn’t purple!!!! 
  • FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,166
    Poorly worded description without a doubt because it could be read a couple of ways. When I saw it,  the first thing I thought was I dont need another copy. Ive see the 2017 pressing here in the UK for as little as £9.99. Its so common these days for a bands most well known record to be pressed up on colored vinyl and sold at these type places. Fine if you dont have the record but to me a bit pointless. I get the collector thing though but with stuff like this its endless. Its a shame that Target dont sell internationally because Id like the Target version of the Foo Fighters record with the different sleeve. The regular one doesnt appeal. So if anyone can help me out on that, that'd be cool.
  • JC8074JC8074 Posts: 127
    Yeah, they dodged any mentioning of Target. Gross department store exclusive. It's not about the wording, its about the concept of avoiding mentioning it out of embarrassment of the deal with a big box store, and fans feel a bit mislead by a band they hold to a high artistic standard, that used to be a voice against such things.

I've been saving my original (had for decades) and reissue pressings to be spun for a rainy day, but the Target one will make for an easy spin. :)
  • Just got back from Target.  I spent 15 minutes going through their complete mishmash of a vinyl selection which has zero order to it.  Didn't find any even though Target.com said they were in stock.  I got turned around trying to find the way out and ended up in Maternity...where there was a pop up display of new Target Exclusive Records for the week.  Ha!  Go figure.  Came up to about $11 after my target membership and the current 3 for 2 promo.
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,709
    From the things I read over the weekend, they seem to be locating them near women's and kid's clothing sections. The visual of a bunch of grown men frantically searching through women's and kid's clothing areas must be something to behold.