Options

#46 President Joe Biden

Comments

• Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,179
    mrussel1 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    45-47 average.  Not the end of the world. And the only thing that matters to me was his vanquishing Trump. 
    this.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,250
    PJPOWER said:
    the only loser that cares about approval numbers at this stage (or most stages) is Trump. 
    Because Trump is the only president with a worse one at this point in the past 40 years?
    manchin and sinema are DIRECTLY to blame for this. he was elected to do a job and pass legislation and his own fucking party is hamstringing him. his policies are way more popular than anything trump ever did, but those 2 senators are holding everything up.

the republicans are good at running on things like this, but when they get power they fuck it all up because they cannot govern. dems get power and they either a. can't get their own people in line to pass anything meaningful or b. always compromise with the minority party. as if the minority party will ever allow the dems to pass their agenda.
    I don't know. Trump supporters would argue that McCain, Murkowski and Collins torpedoed him several times as well. Pretty sure no one gave Trump a pass for those failures, albeit shitty attempts at healthcare reform at the core. Either meet the moderate politicians where they are at or get nothing done and focus on grandstanding about how you'd do so much if only not for xyz person. Figure it out you fucks.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,845
    PJPOWER said:
    the only loser that cares about approval numbers at this stage (or most stages) is Trump. 
    Because Trump is the only president with a worse one at this point in the past 40 years?
    no, I honestly don't think it matters at this point. closer to the mid terms? yes. closer to re-election? yes, but now? no. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,315
    PJPOWER said:
    no, I honestly don't think it matters at this point. closer to the mid terms? yes. closer to re-election? yes, but now? no. 
    I think it does matter in the sense of trying to forecast what will happen in the mid terms.

Trump's numbers were shit so it was easy to project the republicans would lose a lot of seats at this point.
    Obama was around 50% at this point, but trending down, and then finished his second year where Joe is now....they got trounced
    W is an anomaly because of the war. His numbers were threw the roof and the repubs gained seats.
    Clinton's numbers were really similar to Biden's. I think that might be the best indicator...the dems got shellacked.
    Bush 41's situation was similar to his son as the first Gulf War was brewing. Repubs lost just 8 seats.
    Reagan's numbers look like they were around Obama's and also trending down, repubs lost a lot of seats then too. 

So.....I guess to not get crushed next year, Covid needs to magically end over night or Biden needs to declare war on somebody. lol

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/biden-approval-rating/?ex_cid=rrpromo
    https://www.brookings.edu/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/vitalstats_ch2_tbl4.pdf

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    PJPOWER said:
    manchin and sinema are DIRECTLY to blame for this. he was elected to do a job and pass legislation and his own fucking party is hamstringing him. his policies are way more popular than anything trump ever did, but those 2 senators are holding everything up.

the republicans are good at running on things like this, but when they get power they fuck it all up because they cannot govern. dems get power and they either a. can't get their own people in line to pass anything meaningful or b. always compromise with the minority party. as if the minority party will ever allow the dems to pass their agenda.
    It’s almost like they are only out there paying lip service to their constituents.
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,678
    static111 said:
    PJPOWER said:

It’s almost like they are only out there paying lip service to their constituents.
    No offense,  but it's kind of arrogant to think that everyone here knows more about their constituents than they do.  Further,  they both represent center and right wing states respectively.  And their political views were well known at the time of their election.  These are not surprises.
  • Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    PJPOWER said:

No offense,  but it's kind of arrogant to think that everyone here knows more about their constituents than they do.  Further,  they both represent center and right wing states respectively.  And their political views were well known at the time of their election.  These are not surprises.
    I meant the whole party.
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,892
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    PJPOWER said:
    I think it does matter in the sense of trying to forecast what will happen in the mid terms.

Trump's numbers were shit so it was easy to project the republicans would lose a lot of seats at this point.
    Obama was around 50% at this point, but trending down, and then finished his second year where Joe is now....they got trounced
    W is an anomaly because of the war. His numbers were threw the roof and the repubs gained seats.
    Clinton's numbers were really similar to Biden's. I think that might be the best indicator...the dems got shellacked.
    Bush 41's situation was similar to his son as the first Gulf War was brewing. Repubs lost just 8 seats.
    Reagan's numbers look like they were around Obama's and also trending down, repubs lost a lot of seats then too. 

So.....I guess to not get crushed next year, Covid needs to magically end over night or Biden needs to declare war on somebody. lol

Careful what you wish for!;
    https://www.cnn.com/2021/10/05/asia/china-taiwan-warplane-incursions-analysis-intl-hnk-ml/index.html
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:

https://www.cnn.com/2021/10/05/asia/china-taiwan-warplane-incursions-analysis-intl-hnk-ml/index.html
    Nothing helps an election like a war.  Fall 2002 vote was strategic. 
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:

You’re not kidding, fear sells.
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:
    mrussel1 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:

To me,  it's jingoism 
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mrussel1 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:

To me,  it's jingoism 
    For sure.
  • Options
    THE JINGO ATE YO' BABY
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    JB16057JB16057 Posts: 1,269

“Battered on trust, doubted on leadership, and challenged on overall competency, President Biden is being hammered on all sides as his approval rating continues its downward slide to a number not seen since the tough scrutiny of the Trump administration,” Quinnipiac University polling analyst Tim Malloy said in a prepared statement.
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    I love how polls and approval numbers were considered "fake news" to certain people for the last four years, now suddenly they're real again.

Too funny. 

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,892
    JB16057 said:

“Battered on trust, doubted on leadership, and challenged on overall competency, President Biden is being hammered on all sides as his approval rating continues its downward slide to a number not seen since the tough scrutiny of the Trump administration,” Quinnipiac University polling analyst Tim Malloy said in a prepared statement.

seems overly dramatic.

"downward slide not seen ......"

it was the last president ffs.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:
    JB16057 said:

seems overly dramatic.

Ha, I know.. Where else would we see it?
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:
    JB16057 said:

seems overly dramatic.

Lol. I know. To put things in perspective, Biden's at his lowest point right now, which is just a hair below Trump's highest point. 

Hey, why not--here's the 538 link again:

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    "the tough scrutiny" of the trump presidency? come on. the dude was a fucking train wreck. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    mickeyrat said:
    JB16057 said:

seems overly dramatic.

You're right. Also, this poll was a small amount of people so it isn't anything to get excited over. We'll see what happens in the next few months where the approval rating lands because it is going to be a rough few months with everything going on. If there's one thing that looks certain, his approval rating has been dropping since taking office.

• Options
    JB16057 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    JB16057 said:

seems overly dramatic.

You're right. Also, this poll was a small amount of people so it isn't anything to get excited over. We'll see what happens in the next few months where the approval rating lands because it is going to be a rough few months with everything going on. If there's one thing that looks certain, his approval rating has been dropping since taking office.

Better to have dropped from a ceiling in the mid 50's than to hover near all time low territory for four years though. He's got a ceiling of which to try climb back to as opposed to the last guy...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    JB16057 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    JB16057 said:

seems overly dramatic.

it's a very divisive time. Vaccine mandates are pissing a lot of people off. But it's the right call. The Afghanistan shmoz. I think in hindsight he'll be lauded for it. For both. 

Hopefully hindsight is soon enough. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    JB16057 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    JB16057 said:

seems overly dramatic.

Better to have dropped from a ceiling in the mid 50's than to hover near all time low territory for four years though. He's got a ceiling of which to try climb back to as opposed to the last guy...
    That's true but Biden has already dropped 10%. Trump never dropped by that much according to that chart. I'd rather stay consistent than go up and down by 10+%, especially in the first year. We were promised a lot with this president but it looks like we'll have to continue to wait.

• Options
    JB16057 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    JB16057 said:

seems overly dramatic.

it's a very divisive time. Vaccine mandates are pissing a lot of people off. But it's the right call. The Afghanistan shmoz. I think in hindsight he'll be lauded for it. For both. 

We'll see how the vaccine mandate hits his approval rating. https://mynorthwest.com/3179337/spd-third-of-officers-havent-provided-proof-vaccination-deadline/

This is just one example of how the vaccine mandate isn't looking good because there are many people pushing back. The vaccine mandates are going to hurt every facet of our lives. Every one complains about how they are understaffed and can't find people to work. Wait until after these vaccine mandates come to fruition and many people lose their jobs. The buck stops with Joe and he will get blamed when police, hospitals, everyone, can't fulfill their duties.
  • Options
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    JB16057 said:

seems overly dramatic.

We'll see how the vaccine mandate hits his approval rating. https://mynorthwest.com/3179337/spd-third-of-officers-havent-provided-proof-vaccination-deadline/

This is just one example of how the vaccine mandate isn't looking good because there are many people pushing back. The vaccine mandates are going to hurt every facet of our lives. Every one complains about how they are understaffed and can't find people to work. Wait until after these vaccine mandates come to fruition and many people lose their jobs. The buck stops with Joe and he will get blamed when police, hospitals, everyone, can't fulfill their duties.
    I'm not sure that it's going to stay there.  Will 30% of the police force really leave their jobs and pensions rather than get a vaccine?  I doubt it.  I think when push comes to shove, it will be less than 10%.  90+% of the military is already vaccinated and they still have more than two months to go, depending on the branch.  
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    JB16057 said:

seems overly dramatic.

That's true but Biden has already dropped 10%. Trump never dropped by that much according to that chart. I'd rather stay consistent than go up and down by 10+%, especially in the first year. We were promised a lot with this president but it looks like we'll have to continue to wait.

No it’s better to start at a higher ceiling than to languish in the low to mid 40’s. Trump being in the gutter his entire term meant he had to win over new voters in order to win reelection as opposed to reaching out to previous supporters like every other president had the benefit of. Made things much more difficult. That’s why it was not shocking to rational people that Trump lost last year. Trump supporters, on the other hand, called his polling figures fake news and then were shocked he lost (and most still cannot accept that reality). 

Also—as 538 shows, it’s normal for large fluctuations within the first year or two of a president’s term. 
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    JB16057 said:

seems overly dramatic.

No it’s better to start at a higher ceiling than to languish in the low to mid 40’s. Trump being in the gutter his entire term meant he had to win over new voters in order to win reelection as opposed to reaching out to previous supporters like every other president had the benefit of. Made things much more difficult. That’s why it was not shocking to rational people that Trump lost last year. Trump supporters, on the other hand, called his polling figures fake news and then were shocked he lost (and most still cannot accept that reality). 

Also—as 538 shows, it’s normal for large fluctuations within the first year or two of a president’s term. 
    538 doesn’t seem overly confident in his #s either:
    https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/bidens-approval-rating-isnt-bouncing-back/
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    JB16057 said:

seems overly dramatic.

Article ends by noting that "Biden has a lower approval rating at this point in his term than all but two presidents (Ford and Trump) since 1945." 

Ford was a lackey that pardoned Nixon and Trump was the worst president (or elected official for that matter) ever. But Joe's more popular than they were. So he has that going for him. Which is nice. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    PJPOWER said:
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    JB16057 said:

seems overly dramatic.

I know, I've read that. Doesn't change anything I said though, when compared to the last president. 
    chinese-happy.jpg