Uh oh
    12:14am on a Friday night. 

Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,227
    Uh oh

Out’s comment reminds me of the recent “F¥€K Joe Biden” chants at sporting events. NASCAR I’d understand, but at NFL games in NJ? Daughters homecoming game had a moment of silence for the 13 troop casualties in Afghanistan, while I can’t recall any moments of silence in the last 10 years in the war there. No one is saying maybe Bidens bold decision to leave actually saved lives? Can’t believe a HS can be so political.

Killer Mike was on Maher last night complaining about Biden not getting it done and folks in his community are not enthused about voting next year. After 9 months with razor thin margins in Congress? The Rs hate everyone with a D next to their name, and the Dems don’t have the patience nor strength to understand real change takes time and consistent voting, not voting once and expect miracles.

It really smells like American democracy is facing a downward spiral.

• Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    Uh oh

Out’s comment reminds me of the recent “F¥€K Joe Biden” chants at sporting events. NASCAR I’d understand, but at NFL games in NJ? Daughters homecoming game had a moment of silence for the 13 troop casualties in Afghanistan, while I can’t recall any moments of silence in the last 10 years in the war there. No one is saying maybe Bidens bold decision to leave actually saved lives? Can’t believe a HS can be so political.

Killer Mike was on Maher last night complaining about Biden not getting it done and folks in his community are not enthused about voting next year. After 9 months with razor thin margins in Congress? The Rs hate everyone with a D next to their name, and the Dems don’t have the patience nor strength to understand real change takes time and consistent voting, not voting once and expect miracles.

You realize that many people especially in Killer Mike's community have been voting consistently for years and are just getting tired.  Of course I can only speak for myself and say the only party that seems to get anything done is the Rs.  Sure I don't like anything they do, but they get it done, then when dems get in power they can't hardly bring any progress back from how far it gets pulled to the right every time Rs are in power.  It is hard to be excited and energized to vote for the "at least they aren't Republican's" party. And this is only in the 21 years that I have been able to participate in the process.
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,358
    Rs have singular focus. no new ideas.

Ds are a coalition of competing groups with broad legislative ideas that Bidens BBB  seeks to address quite a bit of.

Work for the best of everything, accept what becomes doable and keep pushing forward on the rest.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,227
    static111 said:
    Uh oh

You realize that many people especially in Killer Mike's community have been voting consistently for years and are just getting tired.  Of course I can only speak for myself and say the only party that seems to get anything done is the Rs.  Sure I don't like anything they do, but they get it done, then when dems get in power they can't hardly bring any progress back from how far it gets pulled to the right every time Rs are in power.  It is hard to be excited and energized to vote for the "at least they aren't Republican's" party. And this is only in the 21 years that I have been able to participate in the process.

They don’t vote all the time, he is from GA, so they came out in big numbers once. To expect radical change in a 50/50 senate is almost absurd when @ supermajority is needed.

And all the Rs get done is tax cuts and abortion judges, all of which can be done with 51 votes.

if Mikes crew took more than five seconds to understand the few words I wrote here, they’d understand real change takes time and dedication to voting.
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,470
    Uh oh

I feel like this has always been a huge problem with democrats. The good news is they have a bigger tent than the republicans do, but the bad news is that bigger tent means more divisions/squabbling and inevitably not getting much done and losing their majority. Republicans are much more focused.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Since there was some interest in cherry picking polls that looked bad for Biden recently, there was a CBS poll out over the weekend that showed him at 50%, something his predecessor never achieved, to my knowledge. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Since there was some interest in cherry picking polls that looked bad for Biden recently, there was a CBS poll out over the weekend that showed him at 50%, something his predecessor never achieved, to my knowledge. 
    Not digging the 538 average anymore? 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    Not digging the 538 average anymore? 
    No the point is to use the average as opposed to picking and choosing individual polls. Just pointing out that the picking and choosing goes bother ways obviously. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,275
    i saw a second poll that had him at 48% approval. forgot which one, but i am thinking that quinnipiac poll that had him at 38% was an outlier.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,094
    mickeyrat said:
    Rs have singular focus. no new ideas.

Ds are a coalition of competing groups with broad legislative ideas that Bidens BBB  seeks to address quite a bit of.

Work for the best of everything, accept what becomes doable and keep pushing forward on the rest.
    bingo. 

it's much easier to take a step back than forward. that's why it's so easy for R's to "get shit done". all they are doing is untying their shoelaces, not teaching everyone else to tie new ones. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    JB16057JB16057 Posts: 1,269
    When do we get to start attacking Biden for his handling of COVID? We're getting closer everyday to more COVID deaths under Biden than Trump. The big difference is that Biden has a vaccine when Trump did not yet people are still dying. How's that plan working out "buck stops with me" Joe?

• Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,143
    JB16057 said:
    When do we get to start attacking Biden for his handling of COVID? We're getting closer everyday to more COVID deaths under Biden than Trump. The big difference is that Biden has a vaccine when Trump did not yet people are still dying. How's that plan working out "buck stops with me" Joe?

Excuse me but the plan to control it has all been laid out.  About 35% of the country is too stupid to protect themselves.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    JB16057 said:

Anytime we like?
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,413
    Areas ran by Trump cucks are what is driving the numbers.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,094
    JB16057 said:

come on now. Biden is putting plans in place to protect americans and R's are fighting him every step of the way. so it's joe's fault when R's are killing their own constituents?
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,653
    JB16057 said:

You can criticize him all you want, that's the beauty of free speech. 

In doing so, will you be accounting for the resistance / push back & misinformation from republican governors & right wing media? 
  • Options
    It's hilarious....if Biden attempts vaccine mandates or mask wearing they all scream tyranny.  When COVID is still an issue they scream that Biden isn't doing anything.

Unbelievable.

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,947
    JB16057 said:

Would you please provide proof of this statement from a non-partisan, unbiased, medical/scientific source?
    Thank you.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    JB16057 said:

lol
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    JB16057 said:

lol
    man i haven't seen a post get this dunked on in a while.

reminds me of the constant dunking on trump's tweets lol
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

• Options
    JB16057 said:

trump told people not to take the vaccine.

loonies on the right are telling people that the vaccine makes them magnetic and that bill gates is going to track them.

it is hard to get us past the pandemic when 35% of the population absolutely will not do what they need to do to get us past it.

also, deaths under biden are not in the same ballpark as deaths under trump. not even in the same league. nor the same sport.

• Options
    JB16057 said:

lol

Such a dumb lazy argument and then they disappear because they're unable to defend it. Tiresome. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    JB16057 said:

lol

Such a dumb lazy argument and then they disappear because they're unable to defend it. Tiresome. 
    with the right wing talk radio it is like a waterfall of poop. just a deluge of incoherent positions, fake facts, conspiracies, and ridiculous defenses of the indefensible.

• Options
    these antivaxxers are like "i shot myself in the face, now i need you to fix me. nevermind the fact that i put the gun to my face and pulled the trigger. i honestly thought i would be ok. but fix me now."

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,811
    It must have been sarcasm,  right?
  • Options
    these antivaxxers are like "i shot myself in the face, now i need you to fix me. nevermind the fact that i put the gun to my face and pulled the trigger. i honestly thought i would be ok. but fix me now."
    But ONLY fix me with horse paste or else I'm suing your hospital! MAGGAAAAAAAA!!!! woo.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    My tRumpster brother in law has long covid.  He got covid in January and was pretty sick for a week or so.  Not hospitalized...just the fever/headache/muscle ache, etc.

He started having some breathing issues a few months ago and finally went to the doctor about six weeks ago.  He has been home on sick leave for about six weeks.

My wife's sister will not admit that it is related to covid. We are pretty sure the doctor diagnosed it as long covid because my nephew mentioned that to my wife on instagram.  Sister just will not fucking admit it.

It's crazy.

• Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,413
    Same kinda deal with my 17 year old nephew. Having some issues with an enlarged spleen and it sure seems like he’s gonna miss his senior year of basketball. Sister in law has been preaching mental health for the students since day 1 and tried convincing my morbidly obese brother to avoid the vax. They claim it’s mono but got defensive when I brought up the possibility it could be something else. Just weird with way.