Options

#46 President Joe Biden

Comments

• Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,008
    so the guy loses his mask, makes a joke about it, and this represents what to you?

jesus christ I've lost my tv remote in between my ass cheeks and I'm still mentally fit as a fiddle. you guys keep trying to paint him as losing his mind or some shit and it didn't hurt him in the election one bit. if all you've got are these pathetic attempts, then it's going to be a long 8 years. 
    Thats why I stopped watching TV nude.
  • Options
    HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,383
    81M votes. 
    54% approval rating.

Numbers that matter.

Pathetic.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    mace1229 said:
    so the guy loses his mask, makes a joke about it, and this represents what to you?

jesus christ I've lost my tv remote in between my ass cheeks and I'm still mentally fit as a fiddle. you guys keep trying to paint him as losing his mind or some shit and it didn't hurt him in the election one bit. if all you've got are these pathetic attempts, then it's going to be a long 8 years. 
    Thats why I stopped watching TV nude.
    I stopped because I was finding orange Dorito dust in places it should not be found. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,298
    Why argue over this Biden is ten times the man over Covidiot, he’s lost more than most people could endure and yet still treats everyone with respect and professionalism always! In just 100 days he’s proven that the previous idiot didn’t know anything about governing at all, except golf 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,631
    Why argue over this Biden is ten times the man over Covidiot, he’s lost more than most people could endure and yet still treats everyone with respect and professionalism always! In just 100 days he’s proven that the previous idiot didn’t know anything about governing at all, except golf 
    Yes, I agree.  I don't know how he has suffered the losses he has, while maintaining such a positive view on life.  It's really a model of how to live your life.  
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    Yes, I agree.  I don't know how he has suffered the losses he has, while maintaining such a positive view on life.  It's really a model of how to live your life.  
    i couldn't agree more. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    gvn2fly1421gvn2fly1421 Posts: 935
    Well, I guess I will drop it now.  Biden answered and the masks are here to stay, vaxxed or not.  Because.....  Wait for it.....  SCIENCE!!

• Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,495

I like how people willfully ignore the fact that vaccinated people can still contract & transmit the virus to non-vaccinated people, while simultaneously screaming about science as if there's a point being made. 
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,108
  • Options

I like how people willfully ignore the fact that vaccinated people can still contract & transmit the virus to non-vaccinated people, while simultaneously screaming about science as if there's a point being made. 
    OK, so remind me again what the purpose of the vaccine is?  

Can still get the virus - Check
    Can still transmit the virus - Check
    Still have to wear a mask - Check
    Booster shot needed to assure that I can still get and transmit the virus - Check

Oh, I will not have severe symptoms?  Again, there is a good chance you will not get severe (or any) symptoms from the virus itself.  

What if I get the vaccine, then get the virus and HAVE severe symptoms?

• Options
    Forgive me for being cynical of this vaccine.  And I am a fully vaccinated person, and up until this year took the flu shot every year for the past 5 or so.  I will never understand the blind faith in government with this.  And even when Trump touted his "big, beautiful" vaccine I was just as cynical.
  • Options
    Let me also add, both of my kids are fully vaxxed.  Not to turn the Biden thread into a vax thread, but...

Let me ask this to the group and see if anyone has had any experience with this...  My wife and I are struggling with the HPV vaccine for my 11 year old daughter.  My mother in law died about 10 years ago of cervical cancer so it is very sensitive for her.  Has anyone had experience with it?  This past year has certainly made us skeptical (obviously, right?).
  • Options
    Let me also add, both of my kids are fully vaxxed.  Not to turn the Biden thread into a vax thread, but...

Let me ask this to the group and see if anyone has had any experience with this...  My wife and I are struggling with the HPV vaccine for my 11 year old daughter.  My mother in law died about 10 years ago of cervical cancer so it is very sensitive for her.  Has anyone had experience with it?  This past year has certainly made us skeptical (obviously, right?).
    Both my daughters had it.  Why has this year made you skeptical of vaccines?  Are you also skeptical of oral contraceptives now that you've learned women have strokes after taking them?
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    How did your 11 year old daughter get to be fully vaccinated?
    Part of a trial?  I thought that was the only way people under 16 were able to receive.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    Forgive me for being cynical of this vaccine.  And I am a fully vaccinated person, and up until this year took the flu shot every year for the past 5 or so.  I will never understand the blind faith in government with this.  And even when Trump touted his "big, beautiful" vaccine I was just as cynical.
    you incorrectly assume just because we are taking the vaccine that we are "blindly following the government". I don't follow government. I follow science. many of us do just as much, if not, more research on it than you do. We just don't believe anecdotal memes and posts on twitter and horrible news sources that taunt people into not getting by threatening some odd sense of individuality/free thinking. 

I trust the science, even as it evolves, because, guess what, the nature of science is it is always evolving with new data.

You don't. that's pretty much all this is. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,279
    you incorrectly assume just because we are taking the vaccine that we are "blindly following the government". I don't follow government. I follow science. many of us do just as much, if not, more research on it than you do. We just don't believe anecdotal memes and posts on twitter and horrible news sources that taunt people into not getting by threatening some odd sense of individuality/free thinking. 

I trust the science, even as it evolves, because, guess what, the nature of science is it is always evolving with new data.

You don't. that's pretty much all this is. 
    Yeah...I mean, the whole world is getting vaccinated. The rest of the world is not blindly following the gospel of Joseph Robinette Biden....
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,728
    Hobbes said:
    81M votes. 
    54% approval rating.

Numbers that matter.

Pathetic.
    I agree that the television ratings are dumb barometer. But that approval rating isn't all that great. It's higher than Trump's after 100 days. But Trump's the worst president ever. According to this Newsweek article, only Ford after pardoning Nixon and Trump after....being Trump, had lower approval ratings at this point.

Joe Biden Approval Rating Beats Only Donald Trump and Gerald Ford's 100-Day Score: Poll (newsweek.com)
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

Both my daughters had it.  Why has this year made you skeptical of vaccines?  Are you also skeptical of oral contraceptives now that you've learned women have strokes after taking them?
    No issues I presume?  We have a pharmacist friend who did not give it to her three daughters.  To each their own I know, but my wife is scared that since cancer can be hereditary there is chance it will affect her later on.

Honestly, in the past I was so ignorant to things, which I know most will say I still am, I never really knew what was going on.  You need to do this...  OK.  You need to do that....  OK.  I now trust no government, republican or democrat leadership, anymore.  How can you after this past year?
  • Options
    Part of a trial?  I thought that was the only way people under 16 were able to receive.
    How about, they have had all of their shots up until this point.  Better?
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625

I guess - was just curious as we were discussing the Covid Vaccine so I thought that was what you were saying.

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    mrussel1 said:

No issues I presume?  We have a pharmacist friend who did not give it to her three daughters.  To each their own I know, but my wife is scared that since cancer can be hereditary there is chance it will affect her later on.

Honestly, in the past I was so ignorant to things, which I know most will say I still am, I never really knew what was going on.  You need to do this...  OK.  You need to do that....  OK.  I now trust no government, republican or democrat leadership, anymore.  How can you after this past year?
    the government isn't doing the research and developing the vaccine, no matter what the Orange Turd tries to tell people. the government is buying it. it's scientists developing it. 

what advantage do the pharmaceutical companies have to gain from producing a vaccine that will hurt those who take it?

you really have to think about the motivations for things before coming to conclusions. pharma has no motivation for rolling out a vaccine that will make people sick/die, that will cause their stock to crash and end their livelihoods. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

I guess - was just curious as we were discussing the Covid Vaccine so I thought that was what you were saying.

I think I get labeled in the "anti-vaxx" crowd, which my point is to say I am far from "anti-vaxx".  I, as well as my kids, are fully up to date on their shots, sans the Covid one.

Anti-COVID-vaxx, absolutely, put me in that category.  My kids will not be getting that one either.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

the government isn't doing the research and developing the vaccine, no matter what the Orange Turd tries to tell people. the government is buying it. it's scientists developing it. 

what advantage do the pharmaceutical companies have to gain from producing a vaccine that will hurt those who take it?

you really have to think about the motivations for things before coming to conclusions. pharma has no motivation for rolling out a vaccine that will make people sick/die, that will cause their stock to crash and end their livelihoods. 
    Just spitballing here, but more sick people, more medicine to produce...  I don't know...

Did you know that the makers of the Pfizer and Moderna vaccine have NEVER rolled out a single product.  Ever.  That's a little scary, right?
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,158

the fact that they are trying their hardest to try to smear biden as losing his mind and declining and the attacks are not landing shows just how shitty trump was.

americans would rather have a man with dementia and declining at the helm than whatever the fuck trump is. 
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

pharmacists aren't immune from ignorance, bias, and just plain stupidity, like anyone else in society. a buddy of mine needed a prescription for eye drops. his doctor filled out the Rx properly, but the pharmacist kept filling it saying he needed refills. guess what? my buddy nearly went blind, couldn't work for 2 years, had to look at an iPad with the letters on giant mode to see the daily news, wear Ray Charles style sunglasses day and night, considered moving away from Winnipeg because winter brightness (reflection of the sun's rays off the snow) was too much for him to bear, until he finally had surgery to get back to normal. 

I don't blindly trust anyone. I look at the data, speak to others I respect, form my own opinion, and make a decision. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,158

Booster shot needed to assure that I can still get and transmit the virus - Check

Oh, I will not have severe symptoms?  Again, there is a good chance you will not get severe (or any) symptoms from the virus itself.  

keep trying.

as someone who works in hospitals, i can tell you first hand. if anybody takes infectious disease advice from a radiologist, they are a moron.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

Just spitballing here, but more sick people, more medicine to produce...  I don't know...

Did you know that the makers of the Pfizer and Moderna vaccine have NEVER rolled out a single product.  Ever.  That's a little scary, right?
    What do you mean "rolled out"?  Are you saying they ahve zero experience in developing vaccines?  Were they making tennis shoes in 2019?  Or is this a word play that they have provided research and technology services to other distributors and partnerships?
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

No issues.  My niece is a pharm-d as is her husband and they are strong advocates for vaccines, including the HPV.  
  • Options

keep trying.

as someone who works in hospitals, i can tell you first hand. if anybody takes infectious disease advice from a radiologist, they are a moron.
    Can you point to the part where the radiologist gives infectious disease advice?
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

What do you mean "rolled out"?  Are you saying they ahve zero experience in developing vaccines?  Were they making tennis shoes in 2019?  Or is this a word play that they have provided research and technology services to other distributors and partnerships?
    BioNTech and Moderna, the two biggest vaccine developers in the West.  How many products have they put on the market?