#46 President Joe Biden

Comments

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    mace1229 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    All I know is Joe Biden has never lost an election.  Trump only won one.  He sucks.  
    Biden has never lost the popular vote either, Trump is 0-2.  
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Biden_2008_presidential_campaign

He’s lost an election before. And withdrew in the 1988 race after just a month or two.

Which one did he lose?
    Primaries are not elections.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • gvn2fly1421gvn2fly1421 Posts: 935
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956
    edited April 2021
    mace1229 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    All I know is Joe Biden has never lost an election.  Trump only won one.  He sucks.  

He’s lost an election before. And withdrew in the 1988 race after just a month or two.

Which one did he lose?
    Don’t people vote in primaries? I did. How are they not elections?
    its not a big deal, many politicians lose races in their career. But I don’t see how you can claim Biden is undefeated.
    Post edited by mace1229 on
  • gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,129
    What the hell are you all arguing about.  Who cares if the guy wears a mask or not?  He thinks he’s in Disney World. Or walking his dog. Or at the beach.  He doesn’t have a clue what he’s doing- whatever it is he’s doing is only because someone made him that way a few minutes before and in this case he has a mask on his face.  Just be glad he has clothes on.  Xiden’s sleep walking at this point, you can almost see the strings attached as he wobbles around- they oughta put him in baggier clothes like Stop Making Sense, it would be a cool effect and I could dig it
    sounds like someone is butthurt their guy lost the popular vote again. and his attorney is gonna get arrested. and gaetz's wingman confessed to everything and implicated gaetz.

apparently you did not see after the speech where biden was talking with other congressmen unaware that the camera was on him and he asked about their sick mother and how she is doing. this is what real, compassionate human beings do.

biden was not my first choice. he was probably my 6th or 7th in the primary, but i am convinced he is the right man at the right time for this job.

also, he is owning the maga, and that i can get behind.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,600
    mace1229 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:

A primary isn't an election.  
    edited April 2021
    mrussel1 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Why are they called “primary elections” then? And why do people vote? Seems odd if it’s not an election.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Primary_election
    mace1229 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Why are they called “primary elections” then? And why do people vote? Seems odd if it’s not an election.
    the primary is basically the early rounds of the stanley cup playoffs. have to win your way through that for a shot at the cup.

i can't believe we are arguing semantics on this.

well, actually this is amt so i can.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Which one did he lose?
    its not a big deal, many politicians lose races in their career. But I don’t see how you can claim Biden is undefeated.

It is not an election -- look at a long list of past "winners" of primaries who either did not participate in the actual election or who did participate and lost...and the other way around.    Biden dropped out in January of 2008.  In 2020 Biden did not finish in the Top 3 of the primaries in Iowa nor NH - in fact, it was not until the Leap Day result from South Carolina that he started to make his move.

Nobody is elected to anything in a primary -- which means it is not an election.
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    What the hell are you all arguing about.  Who cares if the guy wears a mask or not?  He thinks he’s in Disney World. Or walking his dog. Or at the beach.  He doesn’t have a clue what he’s doing- whatever it is he’s doing is only because someone made him that way a few minutes before and in this case he has a mask on his face.  Just be glad he has clothes on.  Xiden’s sleep walking at this point, you can almost see the strings attached as he wobbles around- they oughta put him in baggier clothes like Stop Making Sense, it would be a cool effect and I could dig it
    You backed a hack who lost the popular vote twice got impeached twice and couldn’t even beat an old man! I’d say you don’t know what the hell you’re talking about when it comes to choosing qualified politicians, I only hope your pizza is better that the people you choose to align yourself with...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    mace1229 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:

the primary is basically the early rounds of the stanley cup playoffs. have to win your way through that for a shot at the cup.

So with this analogy, a team can lose in the first round of playoffs and claim they are undefeated?
    I can’t believe we’re arguing it either. It’s not a big deal, most politicians have lost an election sometime in their career. So when someone claimed Biden had never lost an election I corrected it. Now we’re pretending those elections didn’t happen I guess.
    mace1229 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:

It doesn't select the final candidate, and no single primary selects the candidate.  

It's really just a troll statement, so not inclined to actually argue about it. 
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:

So with this analogy, a team can lose in the first round of playoffs and claim they are undefeated?
    I can’t believe we’re arguing it either. It’s not a big deal, most politicians have lost an election sometime in their career. So when someone claimed Biden had never lost an election I corrected it. Now we’re pretending those elections didn’t happen I guess.
    ok fine. the primary is the final round of the stanley cup playoffs where you can lose 3 games and still win the cup. FFS.

mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Which one did he lose?

It is not an election -- look at a long list of past "winners" of primaries who either did not participate in the actual election or who did participate and lost...and the other way around.    Biden dropped out in January of 2008.  In 2020 Biden did not finish in the Top 3 of the primaries in Iowa nor NH - in fact, it was not until the Leap Day result from South Carolina that he started to make his move.

Nobody is elected to anything in a primary -- which means it is not an election.
    It’s an election. You vote for your party’s nominee.
    He dropped out because he was losing. That usually is how it goes. If you’re going to argue he didn’t lose because he dropped out, then I’d still say that’s a loss. It’s like “you can’t fire me, I quit!” You were still fired.
    edited April 2021
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Which one did he lose?

He dropped out because he was losing. That usually is how it goes. If you’re going to argue he didn’t lose because he dropped out, then I’d still say that’s a loss. It’s like “you can’t fire me, I quit!” You were still fired.

Keep yelling into the wind.  It is not an election. 
    What did Pete or Bernie get for their "wins" in Iowa/NH this past cycle?

Nothing.

Because it is not an election. 
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Which one did he lose?

Nothing.

I’m not yelling. I’m quietly typing in my phone while I watch the morning news before leaving for work.
    I really don’t understand this argument. Since someone didn’t win something that means it wasn’t an election? If you win a state in a primary, you get a nominee or delegate for your party. Bernie did. That’s like asking what did Trump get for winning Texas, nothing. So it’s not an election.
    People vote. There’s a winner/nominee at the end. Everyone else lost. Bernie and Pete lost too. The primary is an election.
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,410
    why you people engage is beyond me.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    mickeyrat said:
    Mace isn't a troll.. 
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    Mace isn't a troll.. 
    not sure if this was sarcasm or not. 
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Which one did he lose?

Nothing.

I’m not yelling. I’m quietly typing in my phone while I watch the morning news before leaving for work.
    I really don’t understand this argument. Since someone didn’t win something that means it wasn’t an election? If you win a state in a primary, you get a nominee or delegate for your party. Bernie did. That’s like asking what did Trump get for winning Texas, nothing. So it’s not an election.
    People vote. There’s a winner/nominee at the end. Everyone else lost. Bernie and Pete lost too. The primary is an election.

We disagree on this -- we know that some of the delegates don't even have to cast their vote for the person who finished first in their state's primary when the actual party elections happen at the conventions.  Pete withdrew himself from consideration before the actual vote at the convention so I do not see him as a loser.  
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Which one did he lose?

Nothing.

We disagree on this -- we know that some of the delegates don't even have to cast their vote for the person who finished first in their state's primary when the actual party elections happen at the conventions.  Pete withdrew himself from consideration before the actual vote at the convention so I do not see him as a loser.  
    I can respect that and leave it that we disagree.  Primaries are weird with weird rules and each state is different. It’s all pretty dumb in my opinion how it works. I just always have, and probably always will, consider it as an election. More like election round 1 as someone else said.
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,712
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Which one did he lose?

Nothing.

And in the general election, members of the electoral college don't even have to cast their vote for the person who earned the most votes in their state.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Which one did he lose?

Nothing.

And in the general election, members of the electoral college don't even have to cast their vote for the person who earned the most votes in their state.

That is true, seems wild but that is the system.
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Which one did he lose?

Nothing.

I can respect that and leave it that we disagree.  Primaries are weird with weird rules and each state is different. It’s all pretty dumb in my opinion how it works. I just always have, and probably always will, consider it as an election. More like election round 1 as someone else said.

Agree that the system is a mess.
    mace1229 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    Mace isn't a troll.. 
    No sarcasm.  Do you feel like a troll?
    Ha!   You follow Breitbart.  Hilarious. 
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    train wrecks are also often "popular". who seriously gives a fuck about popularity except a bunch of redneck trumplicans that think tv coverage is what makes a great president. 

look at his favourability ratings, and all he's accomplished so far, and how little he's golfed on company time. that's what matters. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    edited April 2021
    Lol....what the right still doesn't understand is the majority of the American people don't think these "gaffes" or whatever you want to call them are a big deal at all. We've known Joe so long, these things are baked in. Makes him appear more human even.

And, ultimately, it's a big reason why Trump failed to label him the way he wanted to last year and lost .So....yeah, keep doing it! 

The right has nothing left in the tank. 
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
    mrussel1 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    Mace isn't a troll.. 
    No sarcasm.  Do you feel like a troll?
    No. But my wife always tells me the dumber the point I'm trying to make, the more I argue it. She's not wrong.  I didn't expect to debate if primaries are elections are not, I didn't realize that was not widely accepted. Plus the fact my kid actually ate his breakfast and got dressed on his own without being reminded 18 times meant that I had this extra time in the morning while I watched the news. It is a moot point and didn't want to come across as passionate over an irrelevant topic if I did. 
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    so the guy loses his mask, makes a joke about it, and this represents what to you?

jesus christ I've lost my tv remote in between my ass cheeks and I'm still mentally fit as a fiddle. you guys keep trying to paint him as losing his mind or some shit and it didn't hurt him in the election one bit. if all you've got are these pathetic attempts, then it's going to be a long 8 years. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD