Comments

• Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,909
    mickeyrat said:
    static111 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    static111 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    The author is from Kansas.  It s from the W years but it really a fascinating book.  I ll look in my classroom tomorrow and see if I have an extra copy to give you.  
    Wow! What a nice guy!

yes. stealing from his students....
    Lol I didn’t think of that, maybe it’s a personal copy that he bought due to the school being underfunded?

mcteach is a good egg. fun to give him shit. I mean wine on the rocks is just begging for it.
    I ll never live that down! Lol
    no extra copy or even a copy in my library at school.  I ll have to dig around at home.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    gvn2fly1421gvn2fly1421 Posts: 935
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Posted in the coronavirus thread, but this is way too good not to be shared here as well...

Is it good?  Really?  A man chooses to wear a mask even though CDC changes guidance.  This says a lot more about you than Biden.  
    Well he is vaccinated, outdoors, and nowhere near anybody. Couldn't he demonstrate that it's okay to not be wearing a mask in this situation? The same way Trump's behavior led people to wrongly believe the virus wasn't a big deal, Biden makes it look like you should still be worried about it even if you're, as I said, vaccinated, outdoors, and nowhere near anybody. The other day, he was on Zoom with other world leaders, and he was the only one wearing a mask. If the vaccine works, as I believe it does, what's with the mask in these two situations? 

He walked to a fucking podium.  There's at least ONE camera there, and likely many more, along with all of the people that surround the president.  He's not walking aimlessly in a garden.  
    And was that zoom call outside, with no advisors anywhere near him?  I would seriously doubt that.  
    Does it deserve front page coverage? No.
    But it is funny, and without a doubt is playing to the mask vs unmask division. There is zero reason to be wearing a mask in that situation other than to make a statement. That doesn't make him a bad person or bad president. But lets not pretend it was anything else. He was not surrounded by his people, there was clearly no one within 50 feet. And at least 1 camera? How close do you think that one camera ones?  Plenty far enough to not worry about it. 
    Like I said, I see it funny more than anything. But we don't need to pretend its anything other than what it was, making a statement.
    I think it's fucking stupid.  If someone wants to wear a mask, good for you.  Why do I care?
    And how do you know there is clearly no one within 50 feet?  Is there an omni camera that I didn't see?
    You can see no one is anywhere near him in the video.  He walks down the walkway and clearly no one is anywhere close to him. You just have to watch the clip to know he's alone.
    And I don't really care, just seems odd to me. Just like when I see someone driving alone in a car and they have a mask on jogging in the street or walking their dog. Still comes across as odd to me. No one came across as complaining or even caring, just commenting that it seems odd and pointless. 
    Well I hope you read the rest of the thread.  Turns out that was complete misinformation.  That was the conference where he announced the new guidelines, took off the mask and walked back in.  So the whole premise is a fucking lie.  
    What premise? What lie? Someone just commented they thought it was odd he walked down with his mask, outside and alone. I said I agreed. What lie are you talking about?
    I've been walking outside, alone without a mask for a year. There never has been any scientific reason to wear a mask when you're alone outside. 
    The premise of the "tweet" was to mock Biden for wearing a mask outdoors after the CDC announcement.  Yet, the video and tweet failed to mention/make clear that this was the conference where he made the announcement.  So he walked out, took off the mask, announced, and walked in without the mask.  As Juggler pointed out, it was the symbolism of changing the guidance.  And again, the tweet and the person posting the tweet sought to mock Biden when it was done perfectly.  
    That’s not the point, at least not to me. The point is making fun of us being told it’s okay to not have masks outside finally, when most of us have been doing that for a year and there’s never been any science against not wearing a mask outdoors to begin with.
    Kind of like a few weeks ago when he said if we follow the guidelines we might be able to have a small outdoor bbq for the 4th of July. If he comes out July 3rd to say it’s okay, I’m going to laugh.
    No one I’ve seen is upset over it or saying he’s bad. It’s just funny to me to make a big deal, a symbolic masked walk down to announce its okay to do what most of us already know and do.
    Ding, ding, ding, we have a winner!  
    So the president following the guidance provided by the CDC is hilarious and he should be mocked for doing so.  You'd think it was more appropriate for the president to ignore the guidance of his own administration while asking citizens to follow it.  Your sense of humor is...bizarre at best.  You're also full of shit.  But nice try at recovering from spreading misinformation.  
    I called you Hunter the other day joking, starting to wonder if you are not really him....  

So let me get this straight, the CDC changed guidance though and said vaccinated people do not need to mask up outdoors.  He was on his way to make that announcement, why not just leave the mask at home?  Or, did the science change right when he made the announcement?  Political theatre much?

And just because the video with the music is too damn funny not to have on every page in this thread...

You don't have to be Hunter to know the ulterior motives behind the people that post this drivel, including you.  It's all anti-mask and anti-vaxxer dressed up.  You lost the arguments on the science, so the next move is to make light of it.  Idiots say we should have gone herd immunity.  Idiots think the vaxs have microchips.  Idiots think that testing 40,000 people is not statistically significant and representative.  Well we all know about these idiots so this is the next move.  Keep at it.  You're doing a great job convincing people not to get the vaccine.  /s
    Here is Fauci himself saying, "It's common sense to know that the risks when you are outdoors, which we have been saying all along, is extremely low, and if you are vaccinated it's even lower." so tell me again how I lost the argument on "the science"?

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,836
    who puts science in quotation marks, like it's the tooth fairy or something. you don't believe in science? does the magical box you are looking at right, allowing you to talk to anyone on the globe, now not exist?
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,678
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Posted in the coronavirus thread, but this is way too good not to be shared here as well...

Is it good?  Really?  A man chooses to wear a mask even though CDC changes guidance.  This says a lot more about you than Biden.  
    Well he is vaccinated, outdoors, and nowhere near anybody. Couldn't he demonstrate that it's okay to not be wearing a mask in this situation? The same way Trump's behavior led people to wrongly believe the virus wasn't a big deal, Biden makes it look like you should still be worried about it even if you're, as I said, vaccinated, outdoors, and nowhere near anybody. The other day, he was on Zoom with other world leaders, and he was the only one wearing a mask. If the vaccine works, as I believe it does, what's with the mask in these two situations? 

He walked to a fucking podium.  There's at least ONE camera there, and likely many more, along with all of the people that surround the president.  He's not walking aimlessly in a garden.  
    And was that zoom call outside, with no advisors anywhere near him?  I would seriously doubt that.  
    But it is funny, and without a doubt is playing to the mask vs unmask division. There is zero reason to be wearing a mask in that situation other than to make a statement. That doesn't make him a bad person or bad president. But lets not pretend it was anything else. He was not surrounded by his people, there was clearly no one within 50 feet. And at least 1 camera? How close do you think that one camera ones?  Plenty far enough to not worry about it. 
    Like I said, I see it funny more than anything. But we don't need to pretend its anything other than what it was, making a statement.
    I think it's fucking stupid.  If someone wants to wear a mask, good for you.  Why do I care?
    And how do you know there is clearly no one within 50 feet?  Is there an omni camera that I didn't see?
    You can see no one is anywhere near him in the video.  He walks down the walkway and clearly no one is anywhere close to him. You just have to watch the clip to know he's alone.
    And I don't really care, just seems odd to me. Just like when I see someone driving alone in a car and they have a mask on jogging in the street or walking their dog. Still comes across as odd to me. No one came across as complaining or even caring, just commenting that it seems odd and pointless. 
    Well I hope you read the rest of the thread.  Turns out that was complete misinformation.  That was the conference where he announced the new guidelines, took off the mask and walked back in.  So the whole premise is a fucking lie.  
    What premise? What lie? Someone just commented they thought it was odd he walked down with his mask, outside and alone. I said I agreed. What lie are you talking about?
    I've been walking outside, alone without a mask for a year. There never has been any scientific reason to wear a mask when you're alone outside. 
    The premise of the "tweet" was to mock Biden for wearing a mask outdoors after the CDC announcement.  Yet, the video and tweet failed to mention/make clear that this was the conference where he made the announcement.  So he walked out, took off the mask, announced, and walked in without the mask.  As Juggler pointed out, it was the symbolism of changing the guidance.  And again, the tweet and the person posting the tweet sought to mock Biden when it was done perfectly.  
    That’s not the point, at least not to me. The point is making fun of us being told it’s okay to not have masks outside finally, when most of us have been doing that for a year and there’s never been any science against not wearing a mask outdoors to begin with.
    Kind of like a few weeks ago when he said if we follow the guidelines we might be able to have a small outdoor bbq for the 4th of July. If he comes out July 3rd to say it’s okay, I’m going to laugh.
    No one I’ve seen is upset over it or saying he’s bad. It’s just funny to me to make a big deal, a symbolic masked walk down to announce its okay to do what most of us already know and do.
    So the president following the guidance provided by the CDC is hilarious and he should be mocked for doing so.  You'd think it was more appropriate for the president to ignore the guidance of his own administration while asking citizens to follow it.  Your sense of humor is...bizarre at best.  You're also full of shit.  But nice try at recovering from spreading misinformation.  
    I called you Hunter the other day joking, starting to wonder if you are not really him....  

So let me get this straight, the CDC changed guidance though and said vaccinated people do not need to mask up outdoors.  He was on his way to make that announcement, why not just leave the mask at home?  Or, did the science change right when he made the announcement?  Political theatre much?

And just because the video with the music is too damn funny not to have on every page in this thread...

You don't have to be Hunter to know the ulterior motives behind the people that post this drivel, including you.  It's all anti-mask and anti-vaxxer dressed up.  You lost the arguments on the science, so the next move is to make light of it.  Idiots say we should have gone herd immunity.  Idiots think the vaxs have microchips.  Idiots think that testing 40,000 people is not statistically significant and representative.  Well we all know about these idiots so this is the next move.  Keep at it.  You're doing a great job convincing people not to get the vaccine.  /s
    Here is Fauci himself saying, "It's common sense to know that the risks when you are outdoors, which we have been saying all along, is extremely low, and if you are vaccinated it's even lower." so tell me again how I lost the argument on "the science"?

So you think.. just making sure I get your point straight here.. that if there were 50,000 people jammed into a festival, in general admission, the risk would be very low for transmission.  Is that what you're arguing?  Or is that what you think the doctor means when he said that?
  • Options
    who puts science in quotation marks, like it's the tooth fairy or something. you don't believe in science? does the magical box you are looking at right, allowing you to talk to anyone on the globe, now not exist?
    Hugh, read it slow and let it sink in....  "It's common sense to know that the risks when you are outdoors....

...which we have been saying all along...

...IS EXTREMELY LOW"

And just a reminder of what the leader of the free world did yesterday...

• Options
    Hugh, read it slow and let it sink in....  "It's common sense to know that the risks when you are outdoors....

...IS EXTREMELY LOW"

we've known this all along. there has never been mandates here with regards to wearing masks outdoors....UNLESS you are in a crowded space. like a trump presser at the rose garden, which was outdoors. remember that?

https://www.statnews.com/2020/10/19/seeing-rose-garden-superspreader-convocation-as-a-never-event/

what biden did yesterday was symbolism, like has already been explained to you several times. if you choose to not understand what that means, that's on you. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,759
    mrussSo the president following the guidance provided by the CDC is hilarious and he should be mocked for doing so.  You'd think it was more appropriate for the president to ignore the guidance of his own administration while asking citizens to follow it.  Your sense of humor is...bizarre at best.  You're also full of shit.  But nice try at recovering from spreading misinformation. 

Maybe you've heard this before but in case not:  science is not something you believe in.  Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny are things you believe in.  Science just is.

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

So you think.. just making sure I get your point straight here.. that if there were 50,000 people jammed into a festival, in general admission, the risk would be very low for transmission.  Is that what you're arguing?  Or is that what you think the doctor means when he said that?
    5o,0o0 pEoPlE....

• Options
    you don't understand symbolism. got it. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    So a mask is nothing more than a symbol.  Got it.
  • Options
    So a mask is nothing more than a symbol.  Got it.
    lol that's how you interpreted that. now that I'm fully aware of who I'm dealing with here. 

good day. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,654

...IS EXTREMELY LOW"

So that's what zero is? Who knew? I bet catturd did.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,651
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

5o,0o0 pEoPlE....

Your tweet sharing is getting to new heights -- great work!  Keep sharing the same one from this fool

This tweet calling Joe "President Peniswrinkle"  (tee-hee, that is so funny!) and a "Dipshit" is from a random who posts about how MTG is a legend.

Go ahead and keep sharing it but your cracks are showing, linking lizards like this idiot Teresa. 
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,678
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

5o,0o0 pEoPlE....

So you have no actual argument, just a series of tweets and gifs.  It's amazing that you geniuses haven't influenced more people.  You only preach to the choir. 
  • Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,772
    edited April 2021
    So we have a good man who is trying to set a good example by being cautious to keep people from dying, and we have a tweeter who believes only one person died in the insurrection "she" supports. Guess who I think is on the sensible side? I live in the real world and the silly distractions don't matter one iota. 
    Be safe, all. :)

Post edited by Kat on
    Falling down,...not staying down
  • Options
    Kat said:
    So we have a good man who is trying to set a good example by being cautious to keep people from dying, and we have a tweeter who believes only one person died in the insurrection "she" supports. Guess who I think is on the sensible side? I live in the real world and the silly distractions don't matter one iota. 

good point kat. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,560
    edited April 2021
    Speaking of science why do people respond to trolls?
    Why bother to try and reason with conspiracy believing anti-science trolls?
    Post edited by Bentleyspop on
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,126

...IS EXTREMELY LOW"

we've known this all along. there has never been mandates here with regards to wearing masks outdoors....UNLESS you are in a crowded space. like a trump presser at the rose garden, which was outdoors. remember that?

https://www.statnews.com/2020/10/19/seeing-rose-garden-superspreader-convocation-as-a-never-event/

what biden did yesterday was symbolism, like has already been explained to you several times. if you choose to not understand what that means, that's on you. 
    I hate to agree with them, but I kinda do.  Biden should be following the best scientific guidelines.  I understand why he is wearing a mask there...but I disagree with it.  They should be very clear on the current state and follow it specificially.

That said, I've take this pandemic very seriously.  And yet, I hardly ever wore a mask when I was outside.  Very rarely was I near anyone at all...and when I was it may have been for 4 seconds walking by on a trail.  The outside mask thing when not a lot of people and very limited time contact walking past someone was always pretty dumb.  But again, so was saying that masks don't help.  The CDC and everyone should have just stuck to the science from the beginning.  
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    Kat said:

Gotta disagree.  He is supposed to set the standard.  Not help continue fear with no scientific background.  He's much better than the idiot before, but it's time to actually follow the recommendations.  Nothing less and nothing more.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,651
    Gotta disagree.  Why not do more if you can and believe it will help?
    I do agree you can't do less than you want others to do. 
  • Options
    Wearing a mask outside with no one near you isn't doing more.  How does it help?  
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options

...IS EXTREMELY LOW"

I hate to agree with them, but I kinda do.  Biden should be following the best scientific guidelines.  I understand why he is wearing a mask there...but I disagree with it.  They should be very clear on the current state and follow it specificially.

That said, I've take this pandemic very seriously.  And yet, I hardly ever wore a mask when I was outside.  Very rarely was I near anyone at all...and when I was it may have been for 4 seconds walking by on a trail.  The outside mask thing when not a lot of people and very limited time contact walking past someone was always pretty dumb.  But again, so was saying that masks don't help.  The CDC and everyone should have just stuck to the science from the beginning.  
    what did biden do that appeared to be against those scientific guidelines? he did follow it specifically. he was wearing a mask before he made the announcement, then took it off after the announcement was made. I don't know how much more to the letter he could have followed the guidelines.

the announcer of guidelines, while obviously knowing prior to the general public, should follow the guidelines that public is aware of until they are also aware of the change. which he did. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,986
    Wearing a mask outside with no one near you isn't doing more.  How does it help?  
    It raises awareness of mask wearing.  Wearing a mask outside with no one near doesn't hurt anything either but if it makes mask wearing more legit then it helps.

We all want to help right?  We have gone from an orange moron who got the vaccine in secret to a POTUS that took a shot on live TV.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    edited April 2021

That is your perception - I disagree.  Mine is that it shows a leader who wants to put out a consistent image that wearing a mask is not something to be ashamed of, or to cry about like a little baby.
    Also, perhaps he did not want to take it up or down based on his proximity to people.  Surely it is not harmful and can only help once he comes close to people?

Also, I choose to laugh at that idiotic tweeter and anyone that agrees with anything she has to say, or who shares tweets she makes trying to garner attention/likes/support/whatever.  Even looking past the lame jokes and calling Joe Biden a dipshit (when she has Trump stuff all over her page) if you just look at the tweets she makes you can see what a fool "she" is.  (Russian farm tweeter?)
  • Options

...IS EXTREMELY LOW"

what did biden do that appeared to be against those scientific guidelines? he did follow it specifically. he was wearing a mask before he made the announcement, then took it off after the announcement was made. I don't know how much more to the letter he could have followed the guidelines.

the announcer of guidelines, while obviously knowing prior to the general public, should follow the guidelines that public is aware of until they are also aware of the change. which he did. 
    You make a very good point on this specific situation ;)  I concede!

I hope he is very purposeful as is everyone in his admin moving forward.  Cause it's what we need.  Clear guidance, and than walking the talk.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    It raises awareness of mask wearing.  Wearing a mask outside with no one near doesn't hurt anything either but if it makes mask wearing more legit then it helps.

We all want to help right?  We have gone from an orange moron who got the vaccine in secret to a POTUS that took a shot on live TV.
    For this instance, Hugh set me straight.  But on-going, no it is not ok for Biden to not follow the specific guidelines that he is asking the country to follow.  People will not trust the message.  It's like anything anywhere, leaders set the standard and their behavior must match that standard 100%.

I would argue that it does not get people to wear a mask more at this point, but it could get them to stop listening if it doesn't match the guidance.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options

For this instance, Hugh set me straight.  But on-going, no it is not ok for Biden to not follow the specific guidelines that he is asking the country to follow.  People will not trust the message.  It's like anything anywhere, leaders set the standard and their behavior must match that standard 100%.

I would argue that it does not get people to wear a mask more at this point, but it could get them to stop listening if it doesn't match the guidance.
    yeah, I'd agree with that for sure. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    From today...  The guidance was yesterday...  Excuse now?

• Options
    From today...  The guidance was yesterday...  Excuse now?

he's getting out of a car with other people in it (indoors) and into another mode of transportation with other people on it (you guessed it! indoors!). how hard is this to understand?
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    I don't have an excuse, I agree with it.  Good leadership, good image, encourage people that there is nothing wrong with it and to stop being a bunch of whiners.  He also walked right past several secret service/military folks.  Should he also make sure to not wear a mask at that point?  What does it hurt to do that when it is additional protection for all involved?  Why are the military or secret service wearing them?

Perhaps what President Biden should have done was try to hold his wife's hand, only to see it slapped away.
    Or, try to actually reach something near the ground.
    Or, use 2 hands to pick a small item from the ground and in a nice gesture give it to the wife that so clearly doesn't want to hold his hand?