#46 President Joe Biden

Comments

• mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 38,196
    mrussel1 said:
    pjl44 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Do you think there will be an investigation into the cover up of Biden's decline?  All of the comments about how sharp as a tack he is behind closed doors, etc...?    I can't imagine a crime was committed, but seems like there should be ramifications for such a level of deceit.  
    The "cover up"?  You can't imagine there was a crime committed because there is no crime in believing in something that another person doesn't believe, there's no crime in changing your mind and there's no crime in a president being pressured by leaders in the House and Senate to step back.  LBJ stepped back in 1968, surprisingly.  I can tell you've been hanging in teh right wing sphere for the last few days, since this is the new conspiracy and "crime" that they are talking about.  

Give me a fucking break.  What "ramifications" should there be and who should be "guilty"?  Have you thought it through?
    Nerve touched lol
    I have little tolerance for un-serious arguments.  Perhaps you enjoy them.  

The second one that is "formulating" on the right is that argument that not having a primary is un-democratic.  It's another stupid fucking argument that is made by people who have zero understanding of both the Constitution or of our electoral history.  So I'm just waiting for that meme to pop here.  I'll be just as acerbic in my replies.  

and weren't some on the right in gop led states saying they wanted to just annoit fuckstick and forgo primaries this cycle?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,506
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjl44 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Do you think there will be an investigation into the cover up of Biden's decline?  All of the comments about how sharp as a tack he is behind closed doors, etc...?    I can't imagine a crime was committed, but seems like there should be ramifications for such a level of deceit.  
    The "cover up"?  You can't imagine there was a crime committed because there is no crime in believing in something that another person doesn't believe, there's no crime in changing your mind and there's no crime in a president being pressured by leaders in the House and Senate to step back.  LBJ stepped back in 1968, surprisingly.  I can tell you've been hanging in teh right wing sphere for the last few days, since this is the new conspiracy and "crime" that they are talking about.  

Give me a fucking break.  What "ramifications" should there be and who should be "guilty"?  Have you thought it through?
    Nerve touched lol

The second one that is "formulating" on the right is that argument that not having a primary is un-democratic.  It's another stupid fucking argument that is made by people who have zero understanding of both the Constitution or of our electoral history.  So I'm just waiting for that meme to pop here.  I'll be just as acerbic in my replies.  

and weren't some on the right in gop led states saying they wanted to just annoit fuckstick and forgo primaries this cycle?
    Maybe, I'm not sure.  But at the end of the day, the political parties are private entities and can select whomever they want in whatever way they want to select him/her.  
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,859
    edited July 22
    LOL...this is so fucking laughable. I can't stop laughing. I might piss my pants due to laughter.

I won't change your mind but the "decline" you think you see isn't there. The only decline he has endured is a normal one. You'll lose if you want to argue about dementia.
    Yep, normal for a President that is the nominee dropping out 3 months before.  Nothing to see here.

I am dumbfounded that Dems are okay with how this all went down.   Questions were asked of the press secretary and answers were given that were disingenuous at best.  I said it wasn't a crime, but if this isn't a huge coverup on his ability to do the job then I don't know what to say.  Nothing to see here.  Let's expect the bare minimum from our leaders.

And normal decline?  No one in their right mind would leave their kid with Biden to have him babysit them for 5 hours.  But he's okay to lead the country?  It could be normal decline, but one that was clear and one that precluded him from being president.  
    Post edited by bootlegger10 on
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,642
    LOL...this is so fucking laughable. I can't stop laughing. I might piss my pants due to laughter.

I won't change your mind but the "decline" you think you see isn't there. The only decline he has endured is a normal one. You'll lose if you want to argue about dementia.
    Yep, normal for a President that is the nominee drops out 3 months before.  Nothing to see hear.  

I am dumbfounded that Dems are okay with how this all went down.   Questions were asked of the press secretary and answers were given that were disingenuous at best.     
    Because 6 out of 10 (probably higher then what was last polled) already wanted someone other than Biden. Him dropping out reflects what voters wanted after seeing the debate and not having their doubts quelled in followup interviews/appearances that 4 more years was a good idea.

Not sure why this is hard to follow for you.
    It's a hopeless situation...

Yep, normal for a President that is the nominee dropping out 3 months before.  Nothing to see here.

I am dumbfounded that Dems are okay with how this all went down.   Questions were asked of the press secretary and answers were given that were disingenuous at best.  I said it wasn't a crime, but if this isn't a huge coverup on his ability to do the job then I don't know what to say.  Nothing to see here.  Let's expect the bare minimum from our leaders.
    Neither normal or unprecedented for a sitting president to drop.  Not so sure why you are dumbfounded.  Democrats have their principles, not our "guy", so we're not nearly as concerned with who leads the party as to what the platform is.  Do you seriously not understand this way of thinking?  If the head of the ticket doesn't give us the best chance to win, then why wouldn't we want to adjust?  

Here's a stat.  2/3 of D's wanted Biden to drop according to an AP poll recently.  So he dropped.  The question is why WOULDN'T we be okay with the way this happened?  
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,709

Do you agree that Donald Trump is too old to be president? He has been in cognitive decline for years. We can all see it. Questions have been asked of his press secretaries when he was in office. Yet all of his advisors, including members of congress say otherwise. Their answers seem disingenuous as usual.

Look, I am not saying a crime is actively being committed, though he has already been found guilty on 34 other crimes, but still....this seems like a huge coverup on his ability by the GOP. Nothing to see here. 
    www.myspace.com
  • Glorified KCGlorified KC Posts: 2,634
    Trying to say the Biden administration mis-led the public on his mental fitness is like making the same argument the Trump administration kept the fact his people thought he was a fucking idiot behind doors.  I guess we better hold them accountable as well...
    I wish I was a sacrifice, but somehow still lived on.
    Trying to say the Biden administration mis-led the public on his mental fitness is like making the same argument the Trump administration kept the fact his people thought he was a fucking idiot behind doors.  I guess we better hold them accountable as well...
    Great analogy!  I'm not saying it's a crime,  but they should be held responsible for this "deceit"

mrussel1 said:

Neither normal or unprecedented for a sitting president to drop.  Not so sure why you are dumbfounded.  Democrats have their principles, not our "guy", so we're not nearly as concerned with who leads the party as to what the platform is.  Do you seriously not understand this way of thinking?  If the head of the ticket doesn't give us the best chance to win, then why wouldn't we want to adjust?  

Here's a stat.  2/3 of D's wanted Biden to drop according to an AP poll recently.  So he dropped.  The question is why WOULDN'T we be okay with the way this happened?  
    My point is he shouldn’t have run again and should have dropped a long time ago.  Not dumbfounded he dropped out and Dems are okay with him dropping out, but rather dumbfounded you guys wouldn’t have expected he dropped out sooner and that his mental ability was clearly being managed so that it wasn’t as visible to the public.  

It was clear a long time ago he wasn’t up to it.  If you don’t care, then whatever.  I voted for Biden in 2020.  If you don’t care to be even-handed than no point for me to post here. 

Do you agree that Donald Trump is too old to be president? He has been in cognitive decline for years. We can all see it. Questions have been asked of his press secretaries when he was in office. Yet all of his advisors, including members of congress say otherwise. Their answers seem disingenuous as usual.

Look, I am not saying a crime is actively being committed, though he has already been found guilty on 34 other crimes, but still....this seems like a huge coverup on his ability by the GOP. Nothing to see here. 
    This is a Biden thread and a Biden post.  Whataboutism.  Didn’t vote for Trump and don’t see what Trump has to do with the point I was trying to make.   

Trump committed crimes per the courts.  This is true.
    mrussel1 said:

My point is he shouldn’t have run again and should have dropped a long time ago.  Not dumbfounded he dropped out and Dems are okay with him dropping out, but rather dumbfounded you guys wouldn’t have expected he dropped out sooner and that his mental ability was clearly being managed so that it wasn’t as visible to the public.  

It was clear a long time ago he wasn’t up to it.  If you don’t care, then whatever.  I voted for Biden in 2020.  If you don’t care to be even-handed than no point for me to post here. 
    Do I expect a cabinet and the campaign to protect the president?  Sure.  That's their job, particularly the campaign.  

Would I have liked him to drop earlier, sure.  It's pretty low on the list of things I'm worried about right now.  I was more worried that he wouldn't drop. 

To the point others are making, policies aside, I don't think Trump will be up to the job in four years either.  He mis-speaks all of the time, stumbles over words, looks unhealthy as hell, etc.  
  • benjsbenjs Posts: 9,108
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Do I expect a cabinet and the campaign to protect the president?  Sure.  That's their job, particularly the campaign.  

Would I have liked him to drop earlier, sure.  It's pretty low on the list of things I'm worried about right now.  I was more worried that he wouldn't drop. 

To the point others are making, policies aside, I don't think Trump will be up to the job in four years either.  He mis-speaks all of the time, stumbles over words, looks unhealthy as hell, etc.  
    There's no scenario that Republicans wouldn't try to weaponize. Biden running - he's too old. Biden dropping out earlier - we shouldn't have faith in his leadership. Biden dropping out now - it's not fair to the Democrat voters. Biden not dropping out - it's also not fair to the Democrat voters. There's no good faith coming from the Republican side, and when they offer what Democrats should or shouldn't do, what's moral or not, they should be ignored. They have not earned having their voices heard by the opposition.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 38,635
    When Brandon draws a new, made up path of a hurricane on live television with a sharpie in one hand and an ice cream cone in the other, I’ll demand his resignation.

And sure, get elected and a year in announce you’re a one termer and be a lame duck for three years. Or announce a year out that you’re not running and be a lame duck for your final year, all to make repubs happy? And I should worry about “how it went down?” Please.

I’m a coup plotter too as I encouraged Gina to run, Gina run.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
    edited July 22
    benjs said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

There's no scenario that Republicans wouldn't try to weaponize. Biden running - he's too old. Biden dropping out earlier - we shouldn't have faith in his leadership. Biden dropping out now - it's not fair to the Democrat voters. Biden not dropping out - it's also not fair to the Democrat voters. There's no good faith coming from the Republican side, and when they offer what Democrats should or shouldn't do, what's moral or not, they should be ignored. They have not earned having their voices heard by the opposition.
    Of course you are right.  And there's no bonus for maintaining consistency from one moment to the next.  It's just like how Biden is both a dumb ass and a master criminal, able to hide all evidence of his crimes to the point where not even teh geniuses Comer and Jordan can find any evidence.  Did I mention he has dementia and has always been stupid?
  • OnWis97OnWis97 Posts: 4,997
    I mean, yeah, once the GOP has full control of the federal government, there'll probably be an investigation...but under normal circumstances, there's nothing to investigate.  "Old guy getting older?"

The Democratic Party and Biden himself have been shitting the bed for some time. He should have announced his January 2025 retirement from public service last fall so the party could have a real process. There's some party embarrassment here, but nothing criminal. He's a tired old man who's still better fit than his opponent (a low bar to be sure) and one of this bad moments came at the worst time. Is he fit to finish his term? I think so. Would be be fit for four more years? Good question.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin

This is a Biden thread and a Biden post.  Whataboutism.  Didn’t vote for Trump and don’t see what Trump has to do with the point I was trying to make.   

Trump committed crimes per the courts.  This is true.
    The point is it's not a crime to be old and in, apparently, cognitive decline. Members of an administration will always support their president, no matter who it is....well, unless it's Trump when members resigned in protest for his failed coup. 
    www.myspace.com
    edited July 22
    For republicans, I think this is similar to the abortion issue. Their efforts in overturning Roe were too successful after it was overturned, it has been nothing but a problem for them at the ballot box. I believe they did not mention the issue once at their convention lol

With Biden, their efforts to to just overly hammer Biden for being too old ultimately worked out better than they hoped. The Trump campaign clearly wanted to run against Joe and now that he's out, they are floundering and do not quite know how to handle a new, younger, opponent.

That JD Vance selection was pretty awful and will be coming back to bite them over the next few months.  
    www.myspace.com
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,709

And normal decline?  No one in their right mind would leave their kid with Biden to have him babysit them for 5 hours.  But he's okay to lead the country?  It could be normal decline, but one that was clear and one that precluded him from being president.  
    I do wish Biden would have made himself a one term president before running for a second term. I have no doubt that Biden can still perform the functions of the office but the optics are bad....no doubt about that. But you can't watch an interview with him and go away saying he's unable to hold office. That's just ridiculous. 

Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,281
    CM189191 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    CM189191 said:
    mickeyrat said:

Doesn't the President have official letterhead?
     wtf is this?

should a candidate be using official letterhead?
    Yes, he should if that candidate also happens to be the President.  
    no you run for office as an individual...it's not a duty of the office
    Does the WH not comment on the campaign? Do they not post rally dates, etc? Seems odd all that is ok, but letterhead crosses the line.
    The whole announcement yesterday seemed odd. Why not prerecord a message? Why not have someone on your staff have a press conference? It was pretty big news to just drop a letter on Twitter.
    Its like emailing your wife to tell her you just filed for divorce.
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 11,229
    Conservatives are shitting their pants something fierce right now. 
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory Posts: 6,324
    It's fucking awesome, isn't it?

#manylaughs
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,264
    mrussel1 said:
    pjl44 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Nerve touched lol

Smart plan to get pre-mad

I do wish Biden would have made himself a one term president before running for a second term. I have no doubt that Biden can still perform the functions of the office but the optics are bad....no doubt about that. But you can't watch an interview with him and go away saying he's unable to hold office. That's just ridiculous. 

I think you can watch and say he is unable. That is why his party wanted him not to run.  This isn’t a knock on Biden as a person.  Just the reality of getting older. 
    And for investigation, I didn’t mean republicans investigating.  Moreso looking for the press to do their jobs, and maybe an internal investigation from democrats.  Maybe a chance to learn from this.  We should expect more for our president.  Don’t need to know every last ailment.
    edited July 22
    pjl44 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjl44 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Nerve touched lol

Smart plan to get pre-mad
    It's not "pre" if I have already seen the comments.  And you don't know me when I'm mad, only when I'm argumentative, which is most of the time.   
    Oh and by the way, his very next comment addressed it.  Maybe you call it pre-mad, I call it preparation and clairvoyant.  His next comment said, "The Democrats were robbed of their vote.  They didn't hold primaries, so Dems were tricked into having Biden as their nominee, and now they don't get to vote on who that nominee should be"  But I did hold my roughest of comments, because I like him. 
    Post edited by mrussel1 on
  • cblock4lifecblock4life Posts: 1,715
    It feels like a bunch of aliens landed on the PJ forum.  This is an unusual amount of wtf is going on around here.  
    It's fucking awesome, isn't it?

#manylaughs
    It’s very entertaining.  No matter what is posted it feels like someone is having some kind of political breakdown. 
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 8,342
    So now the right is suggesting Biden is already dead and are demanding proof of life?

the last two weeks have been incredibly depressing and it just seems to get worse.  
    nicknyr15 said:
    So now the right is suggesting Biden is already dead and are demanding proof of life?

the last two weeks have been incredibly depressing and it just seems to get worse.  
    So you don’t think the right saying that isn’t comical and amusing?  It’s shows desperation.  And it’s kind of deserved after what trump has brought out in this country.  He didn’t cause it, it was in the closet, he just opened the door for it to be out in the open. 
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 8,342
    nicknyr15 said:

So you don’t think the right saying that isn’t comical and amusing?  It’s shows desperation.  And it’s kind of deserved after what trump has brought out in this country.  He didn’t cause it, it was in the closet, he just opened the door for it to be out in the open. 
    Comical? To a certain extent. Maybe it would’ve been a few years ago. But right now? No. It's depressing.