#46 President Joe Biden

Comments

• mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 38,196
    CM189191 said:
    mickeyrat said:

Doesn't the President have official letterhead?
     wtf is this?

should a candidate be using official letterhead?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,642
    shecky said:
    tbergs said:
    I knew he’d cave and do what ever the party wants. Good boy, Joe. Now, roll over. 

”Don’t run in 2016, Joe. It’s Hilary’s time.”

”Save us in 2020, Joe. We don’t really want you. But Warren, Pete, and Harris can’t beat Trump! Bernie can’t either but even if he could, he can’t be controlled like a pet.”

“Only people that read conservative tweets knew you’ve been all but disabled for the last year and a half, Joe. We tried to cover for you and call them deep fakes. But the cat’s out of the bag after that debate. So you have to pull out of the race in 2024”

Whoever they nominate will have less of a chance than Biden did to win. Newsom would be a moron to get involved in this shitstorm. Kamala was so unpopular with just democrats in 2020 that she had to drop out before the Iowa Caucus. She hasn’t gotten any more popular. Pete’s not much better. And someone with no name-recognition being selected at a convention rather than being voted for probably wouldn’t do well either. 
    Sorry, but most of this is just stupid drivel. Harris is unpopular for what reasons? Besides being a minority woman who will now be ravaged by the white MAGAs and people like you. 
    The only reason that Kamala Harris was given the job of VP was BECAUSE she is a "minority woman". Biden proudly told us that.
    She's unpopular because she is a vapid idiot.
    Says someone vehemently supporting the dumbest person ever elected. Harris is 1,000x smarter than Vance and Trump combined. What's your new angle now that only the Republican candidate rambles and can't form coherent sentences? Oh, that's right, you're  a sexist who claimed Harris slept her way to the top. I hope you don't have daughters. 
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,506
    I knew he’d cave and do what ever the party wants. Good boy, Joe. Now, roll over. 

”Save us in 2020, Joe. We don’t really want you. But Warren, Pete, and Harris can’t beat Trump! Bernie can’t either but even if he could, he can’t be controlled like a pet.”

“Only people that read conservative tweets knew you’ve been all but disabled for the last year and a half, Joe. We tried to cover for you and call them deep fakes. But the cat’s out of the bag after that debate. So you have to pull out of the race in 2024”

Whoever they nominate will have less of a chance than Biden did to win. Newsom would be a moron to get involved in this shitstorm. Kamala was so unpopular with just democrats in 2020 that she had to drop out before the Iowa Caucus. She hasn’t gotten any more popular. Pete’s not much better. And someone with no name-recognition being selected at a convention rather than being voted for probably wouldn’t do well either. 
    Yes it's awful how Biden responds to the will of the party and its members.  It's really disturbing that he doesn't try to be bigger than the party.   
    edited July 21
    shecky said:
    tbergs said:

Sorry, but most of this is just stupid drivel. Harris is unpopular for what reasons? Besides being a minority woman who will now be ravaged by the white MAGAs and people like you. 
    The only reason that Kamala Harris was given the job of VP was BECAUSE she is a "minority woman". Biden proudly told us that.
    There are millions of minority women.  She's a minority woman who is a former senator, AG and district attorney. How do your qualifications compare? 
  • sheckyshecky Posts: 1,774
    mrussel1 said:
    shecky said:
    tbergs said:

There are millions of minority women.  She's a minority woman who is a former senator, AG and district attorney. How do your qualifications compare? 
    Well, she was one hell of a Border Czar! Harris is responsible for allowing between 12-20 million unvetted, largely unskilled, and often illiterate even in their own language illegal immigrants to overrun our borders.
    She is also guilty of repeatedly lying to the American people about Biden's mental decline over the last 4 years. She proudly proclaims that she worked closely with Joey every day and never witnessed any issues at all. She should be impeached for those lies alone.
  • Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 38,635
    shecky said:
    mrussel1 said:
    shecky said:
    tbergs said:

Well, she was one hell of a Border Czar! Harris is responsible for allowing between 12-20 million unvetted, largely unskilled, and often illiterate even in their own language illegal immigrants to overrun our borders.
    She is also guilty of repeatedly lying to the American people about Biden's mental decline over the last 4 years. She proudly proclaims that she worked closely with Joey every day and never witnessed any issues at all. She should be impeached for those lies alone.
    Still donating $100 per week? Sure, sure you are.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
    shecky said:
    mrussel1 said:
    shecky said:
    tbergs said:

Joe Biden followed the immigration policy established by Congress, specifically 1965
      Trump flooded the zone with executive orders, many of which were illegal on their face and victim to immediate TROs. Last I checked,  we were a democratic republic and executive orders were not the way we govern.  But I know you prefer a king.  And when a bipartisan deal was struck,  your once and future king told his subjects in congress to not even put it on the floor.   

Your argument that she lied about Joe and should be impeached isn't a serious one. 
  • sheckyshecky Posts: 1,774
    Who has seen JoJo recently, anyway? Time to put his puss on a milk carton.
  • CM189191CM189191 Posts: 6,927
    mickeyrat said:
    CM189191 said:
    mickeyrat said:

wtf is this?

Yes, he should if that candidate also happens to be the President.  
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,299
    shecky said:
    Who has seen JoJo recently, anyway? Time to put his puss on a milk carton.
    Stop using drugs get some sleep 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    CM189191 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    CM189191 said:
    mickeyrat said:

wtf is this?

But for campaign related purposes? I dont think its proper. need to look at the WH pages on anti-socials but what I've seen there is his personal pages and the campaign ones about campaign matters....
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • CM189191CM189191 Posts: 6,927
    mickeyrat said:
    CM189191 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    CM189191 said:
    mickeyrat said:

wtf is this?

But for campaign related purposes? I dont think its proper. need to look at the WH pages on anti-socials but what I've seen there is his personal pages and the campaign ones about campaign matters....

I suppose there probably rules against Presidential letterhead for campaign purposes

just weird to me that there's no letterhead at all
    CM189191 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    CM189191 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    CM189191 said:
    mickeyrat said:

wtf is this?

I suppose there probably rules against Presidential letterhead for campaign purposes

just weird to me that there's no letterhead at all

something for the conspiracy theorists then.....

• Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,711
    CM189191 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    CM189191 said:
    mickeyrat said:

wtf is this?

no you run for office as an individual...it's not a duty of the office
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,709
    edited July 22
    I don't want to hear anyone tell me how polls don't matter again. They were bad for Joe pre-debate...they were bad a year ago. The fact that he declined the Super Bowl interview was a big flashing red light for me. 

Better late than never though. He did the right thing for the good of the country. He put ego aside. A true statesman. And a good president.

My prediction is that his approval numbers will improve as a result and he'll be seen as an asset to the Harris campaign by the time the convention rolls around.

Lets. Fucking Go. 
    www.myspace.com
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,299
    I don't want to hear anyone tell me how polls don't matter again. They were bad for Joe pre-debate...they were bad a year ago. The fact that he declined the Super Bowl interview was a big flashing red light for me. 

Better late than never though. He did the right thing for the good of the country. He put ego aside. A true statesman. And a good president.

My prediction is that his approval numbers will improve as a result and he'll be seen as an asset to the Harris campaign by the time the convention rolls around.

Lets. Fucking Go. 

jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Posts: 3,987

Lets. Fucking Go. 

I'm with you about 99% of the way here. National polls don't matter. Swing state polling matters a lot. Biden's closest advisors showed him that his numbers were collapsing in "tier two" states (NM and MN) and word is that contributed to his decision.

He did the right thing, the hard thing. And he will be remembered for it.

All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
    edited July 22

Lets. Fucking Go. 

I'm with you about 99% of the way here. National polls don't matter. Swing state polling matters a lot. Biden's closest advisors showed him that his numbers were collapsing in "tier two" states (NM and MN) and word is that contributed to his decision.

He did the right thing, the hard thing. And he will be remembered for it.

Job approval numbers are something people ignored as well. No incumbent has ever won re-election with approval ratings as low as Joe's this late into his term. 

National polling isn't as important as swing state polling, true. However it is a good barometer gauge for the country. Four years ago, I do not believe Biden was behind in any of the national head to head polls. This year he was behind in most. The writing has been on the wall for a while. 

Either way--it's behind us. He made a selfless decision and history will look back on that kindly. 

By the way....thank GOD they did a super early debate.
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    www.myspace.com
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,859
    Do you think there will be an investigation into the cover up of Biden's decline?  All of the comments about how sharp as a tack he is behind closed doors, etc...?    I can't imagine a crime was committed, but seems like there should be ramifications for such a level of deceit.  
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,264
    Do you think there will be an investigation into the cover up of Biden's decline?  All of the comments about how sharp as a tack he is behind closed doors, etc...?    I can't imagine a crime was committed, but seems like there should be ramifications for such a level of deceit.  
    Only ramifications will likely be at the ballot box. There's a much bigger story to tell about accountability and who's been making decisions about what. Wouldn't surprise me to see what might get dredged up there. There's one particular federal agency my job occasionally interacts with and the last 3 years have been a shit show the likes of which I've never seen.
    The "cover up"?  You can't imagine there was a crime committed because there is no crime in believing in something that another person doesn't believe, there's no crime in changing your mind and there's no crime in a president being pressured by leaders in the House and Senate to step back.  LBJ stepped back in 1968, surprisingly.  I can tell you've been hanging in teh right wing sphere for the last few days, since this is the new conspiracy and "crime" that they are talking about.  

Give me a fucking break.  What "ramifications" should there be and who should be "guilty"?  Have you thought it through?
    Something both sides (and most people) will always be secretive about is personal health. Without a clear diagnosis of anything specific, what would even be the angle of such an investigation besides grandstanding by Republicans, who better not look in the mirror based on their own support of Trump. I don't know that getting old and not disclosing every sign of it is something that we need to spend tax dollars on. He's out of the race and realized (after a lot of outspoken concerns from all levels) the public was no longer certain he could do the job for an additional 4 years.

I wish the Republicans would have been able to convince Trump of this after 2020 and helped the party move on so we could have some semblance of a normal election, but here we are; the revenge tour 2024. How pathetic and embarrassing that should be to anyone who supports it.
    edited July 22
    Disgusting that the Kamala thread is already locked because of the sexist and misogynistic comments already being spewed about her less than 24 hours after Joe drops out and endorses her. People are fucked up.
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,264
    mrussel1 said:
    The "cover up"?  You can't imagine there was a crime committed because there is no crime in believing in something that another person doesn't believe, there's no crime in changing your mind and there's no crime in a president being pressured by leaders in the House and Senate to step back.  LBJ stepped back in 1968, surprisingly.  I can tell you've been hanging in teh right wing sphere for the last few days, since this is the new conspiracy and "crime" that they are talking about.  

Give me a fucking break.  What "ramifications" should there be and who should be "guilty"?  Have you thought it through?
    Nerve touched lol
    pjl44 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Nerve touched lol
    I have little tolerance for un-serious arguments.  Perhaps you enjoy them.  

The second one that is "formulating" on the right is that argument that not having a primary is un-democratic.  It's another stupid fucking argument that is made by people who have zero understanding of both the Constitution or of our electoral history.  So I'm just waiting for that meme to pop here.  I'll be just as acerbic in my replies.  
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,859
    edited July 22
    mrussel1 said:

So you are okay with how things are shaking out?   This decline wasn't overnight.  If people didn't start speaking out, we would have been full on weekend at Bernie's.    I said it wasn't probably a crime.  But it is clear the American people were misled as a president doesn't just wake up one morning and say "Well, looks like in the last 12 hours my mental ability to do this job changed".    Even if he could do the job for another year, anyone with a eyes/ears could see he wasn't going to last four years.  The Democrats were robbed of their vote.  They didn't hold primaries, so Dems were tricked into having Biden as their nominee, and now they don't get to vote on who that nominee should be.  The VP is there should the President not be able to perform their duty, not to be the automatic next nominee.  The people voted for Biden (and for Kamala as a back-up, not the next nominee).  

You were lied to?  Why aren't you more upset about that than my posts about why we were lied to?

Reagan shouldn't have finished out his term either.  I said Biden was losing it a long time before the debate on here.  I don't watch right wing media.  And if you think it is partisan to ask questions, I think it is partisan not to look at your own party.

Post edited by bootlegger10 on
    mrussel1 said:

So you are okay with how things are shaking out?   This decline wasn't overnight.  If people didn't start speaking out, we would have been full on weekend at Bernie's.    I said it wasn't probably a crime.  But it is clear the American people were misled as a president doesn't just wake up one morning and say "Well, looks like in the last 12 hours my mental ability to do this job changed".    Even if he could do the job for another year, anyone with a eyes/ears could see he wasn't going to last four years.  The Democrats were robbed of their vote.  They didn't hold primaries, so Dems were tricked into having Biden as their nominee, and now they don't get to vote on who that nominee should be.  The VP is there should the President not be able to perform their duty, not to be the automatic next nominee.  The people voted for Biden (and for Kamala as a back-up, not the next nominee).  

I'm quite pleased with how things are shaking out.  I watched press conferences where Biden did well and watched the SOTU.  What I saw on debate night told me he would have problems over the next four years, so it's time to move on.  I'm thrilled with learning that now rather than later.  It's not "probably not a crime".  It's not a fucking crime.  WTF.  

Seriously, don't get started on the primaries.  Back when America was "great", not one general public citizen had one opportunity to select the party candidate.  
    mrussel1 said:

You were lied to?  Why aren't you more upset about that than my posts about why we were lied to?

Reagan shouldn't have finished out his term either.  I said Biden was losing it a long time before the debate on here.  I don't watch right wing media.  And if you think it is partisan to ask questions, I think it is partisan not to look at your own party.

Your argument is one that a lot of republicans are making. Don't you think it is strange that democrats do not seem to be up in arms about the same thing? Sorta seems like a disingenuous argument to me. 

To even suggest a crime is pretty funny. Come on man. That is ridiculous.

Him getting out months ago would have been better...however, do you think think this was an easy decision for him? He has been known to take a long time making decisions for his entire career. Obviously this was something he would need to be convinced of. And then the debate happened and we all saw that he was not quite up for the task of a vigorous campaign. However, that does not mean he cannot continue his job as president, which he is pretty good at. 

While we are on the subject, can we all agree that Trump needs to drop out as well? He is the oldest nominee in history. He will be 82 at the end of his term and has been in cognitive decline for years now. Also, he attempted an unsuccessful coup...seems that should offend a lot more people than it does. 
    www.myspace.com
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,711
    LOL...this is so fucking laughable. I can't stop laughing. I might piss my pants due to laughter.

I won't change your mind but the "decline" you think you see isn't there. The only decline he has endured is a normal one. You'll lose if you want to argue about dementia.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,360
    LOL...this is so fucking laughable. I can't stop laughing. I might piss my pants due to laughter.

I won't change your mind but the "decline" you think you see isn't there. The only decline he has endured is a normal one. You'll lose if you want to argue about dementia.
    Normal decline? No way. I’m not saying it’s anything to be diagnosed but wasn’t normal. Being an old fart and trying to be the president and run for president will do that to you, speed up the decline or shine a bright light on it at least. 

But maybe I’m missing the point 
    hippiemom = goodness