#46 President Joe Biden

Comments

• The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,709
    edited July 22
    And for investigation, I didn’t mean republicans investigating.  Moreso looking for the press to do their jobs, and maybe an internal investigation from democrats.  Maybe a chance to learn from this.  We should expect more for our president.  Don’t need to know every last ailment.
    Investigate what? That the guy aged and lost a couple steps? Do you think his press secretary should be thrown in jail for not telling people she thinks her boss can't do his job? Nobody is saying he cannot do the job of president. It's the rigor of the campaign that he does not seem to be up for. I think think he has done a good job as president for the most part. 

I honestly don't know what you are talking about.
    www.myspace.com
  • Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 38,635
    Speaking of dead, has anyone seen Moscow Mitchy Baby lately? Talk about the need to retire. Guy froze up a couple of times months ago and was heartily booed at the repub 8 ring WWF kid rock concert extravaganza. I think we need an investigation of the repub malpractice.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
    edited July 22
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    So now the right is suggesting Biden is already dead and are demanding proof of life?

the last two weeks have been incredibly depressing and it just seems to get worse.  
    So you don’t think the right saying that isn’t comical and amusing?  It’s shows desperation.  And it’s kind of deserved after what trump has brought out in this country.  He didn’t cause it, it was in the closet, he just opened the door for it to be out in the open. 
    Comical? To a certain extent. Maybe it would’ve been a few years ago. But right now? No. It's depressing. 
    Happening now as opposed to a few years ago is actually more comical because they just announced a running mate based on their belief that running against Biden was going to be a cake walk so they did not necessarily have to reach out to independents as much.

Biden's comedic timing is on point for an octogenarian! 
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    www.myspace.com
  • OnWis97OnWis97 Posts: 4,997
    nicknyr15 said:
    So now the right is suggesting Biden is already dead and are demanding proof of life?

the last two weeks have been incredibly depressing and it just seems to get worse.  
    He's the Damar Hamlin of politics.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,707
    Speaking of dead, has anyone seen Moscow Mitchy Baby lately? Talk about the need to retire. Guy froze up a couple of times months ago and was heartily booed at the repub 8 ring WWF kid rock concert extravaganza. I think we need an investigation of the repub malpractice.
    I about shit when he showed up at the convention. WTF was that fuckface thinking?
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 Posts: 23,214
    tbergs said:
    Disgusting that the Kamala thread is already locked because of the sexist and misogynistic comments already being spewed about her less than 24 hours after Joe drops out and endorses her. People are fucked up.
    honestly that thread lasted longer than i thought it would. anything relating to harris is probably going to get locked down because maga can't help themselves with the misogyny. i'd get used to it.
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • KatKat Posts: 4,849
    One of the DJT campaign managers was part of the swift-boating of John Kerry. Let us know of any problem posts and we'll take care of it, thank you.
    Falling down,...not staying down
    Kat said:
    One of the DJT campaign managers was part of the swift-boating of John Kerry. Let us know of any problem posts and we'll take care of it, thank you.
    i didn't know that. i thought that was one of the lowest political hits/attacks i had ever seen. truly shameful attack on an american hero. if they will do that to kerry, i imagine they will do worse to harris without even batting an eye.

• cblock4lifecblock4life Posts: 1,715
    Kat said:
    i didn't know that. i thought that was one of the lowest political hits/attacks i had ever seen. truly shameful attack on an american hero. if they will do that to kerry, i imagine they will do worse to harris without even batting an eye.
    That’s just great. 
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 11,229
    edited July 22
    Conservatives are shitting their pants something fierce right now. 
    It's fucking awesome, isn't it?

#manylaughs
    There’s an element of humor there, sure, but I wouldn’t go so far as to say it’s fucking awesome. As others have stated, it’s a pretty depressing state of affairs for America politically, although I’ve felt as much for 8 or 9 years, not just recently. 
    Post edited by Merkin Baller on
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,859
    And for investigation, I didn’t mean republicans investigating.  Moreso looking for the press to do their jobs, and maybe an internal investigation from democrats.  Maybe a chance to learn from this.  We should expect more for our president.  Don’t need to know every last ailment.
    Investigate what? That the guy aged and lost a couple steps? Do you think his press secretary should be thrown in jail for not telling people she thinks her boss can't do his job? Nobody is saying he cannot do the job of president. It's the rigor of the campaign that he does not seem to be up for. I think think he has done a good job as president for the most part. 

Okay, I guess nobody could have seen this coming months ago before the primary. He was declining and he and his team tried to ignore it.  His decline and unfitness for serving another four years started long before the debate.  

I don’t think he was fit to keep serving.   We disagree.
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,859
    edited July 22
    It is making sense to me now.  You all are operating like his decline is new news.  

Others saw it coming a long time ago.    

It makes sense why it doesn’t bother those who didn’t see this coming.  Glad this is cleared up for me because it made little sense to me that nobody is curious how it got to this point where the party had to push him out.
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,642
    It is making sense to me now.  You all are operating like his decline is new news.  

It makes sense why it doesn’t bother those who didn’t see this coming.  Glad this is cleared up for me because it made little sense to me that nobody is curious how it got to this point where the party had to push him out.
    It's mostly because Biden has struggled with public speaking his entire life so there were always gaffes, but the debate was the first time he had a large audience since the SOTU. There was a marked difference in his ability to deliver his talking points and even how he looked. Being president accelerates aging and it seemed to have finally wore him down more than what had been seen the last few years.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,856
    Where exactly is Joe? He hasn’t been seen since he was coming off a plane like 5 days ago. He put out that tweet announcing he’s dropping out of the race (but that could have just as well been written by a staffer for all we know). Big contrast from 2015 when he held a press conference in the Rose Garden to explain why he wasn’t running for president. Yet here, after talking just two days ago (via tweet, so who knows) about how Nevada is going to help reelect him, he drops out yesterday via tweet and goes silent? 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
    Where exactly is Joe? He hasn’t been seen since he was coming off a plane like 5 days ago. He put out that tweet announcing he’s dropping out of the race (but that could have just as well been written by a staffer for all we know). Big contrast from 2015 when he held a press conference in the Rose Garden to explain why he wasn’t running for president. Yet here, after talking just two days ago (via tweet, so who knows) about how Nevada is going to help reelect him, he drops out yesterday via tweet and goes silent? 
    he has covid.

also, he is probably sad that he is passing the torch and needs time to process it. being out of public service after doing it for 50 years is probably going to come as quite a shock. 

he got ratfucked by his own party. i'd imagine he is pretty angry/sad right now, so he probably needs a little time.

• josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,299
    He was just on the phone with KH she’s in Wilmington Delaware he sounded damn good for a 81 year old man who just had to pass the torch not by his choice but still sounded positive in endorsing her! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    edited July 22

Okay, I guess nobody could have seen this coming months ago before the primary. He was declining and he and his team tried to ignore it.  His decline and unfitness for serving another four years started long before the debate.  

I don’t think he was fit to keep serving.   We disagree.
    I'm on record, and said so earlier today, that him declining the Super Bowl interview as a flashing red light....but so what? He was great at the SOTU handling idiot maga hecklers just a couple months ago. 

There are republicans on record, Kevin McCarthy, among them saying he was sharp behind closed doors as well. He's got a record of accomplishment. I don't see why he cannot continue to be president. 

Post edited by The Juggler on
    www.myspace.com
  • curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Posts: 3,987
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • sheckyshecky Posts: 1,774

Opinion: Bouncing Biden for Harris is a bad look for Democrats and a betrayal of voters.

By Scott Jennings
    July 22, 2024 10:50 AM PT

Three weeks. That’s all it took to overthrow a president.

Joe Biden’s weekend announcement that he would not accept his party’s nomination for another term followed what will go down in history as the single worst presidential debate performance ever.

Bad enough, in this case, to knock Biden out of a race he had already won — the Democratic primary.

Imagine the Lakers beating the Celtics at Crypto.com Arena, only to do something so bad in the locker room afterward that the NBA said: “Guys, we are awarding the Celtics the win because of just how poorly you behaved. ”

The debate was a miscalculation of epic proportions. Biden’s campaign — trailing at the time but close enough to come back and win — asked for it. They scheduled it. They bragged about it.

Trump said yes and let Biden make all the rules. Many in the media crowed that Biden had bested Trump in setting the contours and the expectations.

And then Biden fell on his face.

What followed has been truly stunning. Three weeks of Democrats melting down, Biden defiantly telling them to pound sand and then finally the president bending the knee in a mysterious letter posted during a weekend bout with COVID.

It was plumb weird that the White House didn’t release a photo of Biden this weekend signing the letter or meeting with his political advisors. For the most powerful person in the world to announce an Earth-shattering decision via social media without really giving a reason (reread his letter — you won’t find one in there) just adds to the humiliation for a man who had once said that only the Lord Almighty could drive him from the race.

If he’s dropping out for health reasons, Americans need to know that right now. Because it does call into question his fitness to lead the country presently.

Perhaps the Lord Almighty for Democrats is House Speaker Emerita Nancy Pelosi, who, working with former President Obama and other party leaders, not to mention George Clooney and party donors, mounted the pressure campaign to remove Biden from the race.

Thou shalt have no other speakers before me, I reckon. Read this passage from Politico’s reporting about what happened this weekend:

“ ‘Nancy made clear that they could do this the easy way or the hard way,’ said one Democrat familiar with private conversations who was granted anonymity to speak candidly. ‘She gave them three weeks of the easy way. It was about to be the hard way.’ ”

What was the “hard way,” exactly? Apparently, going public with her advice. Why not invoking the 25th Amendment?

President “Democracy Is on the Ballot” Biden found his end in the most undemocratic way possible — not at the hands of voters, but rather of the political elites.

I was wrong when I predicted that Biden would hang on. I guess I shouldn’t have taken Democrats literally when they said we always must respect the outcome of elections. When you hear that demand this fall, be sure to read the fine print: not applicable to Democratic primaries or when Nancy Pelosi says so.

I was right, though, that the Democrats would turn to Vice President Kamala Harris as Biden’s replacement. Though Harris piously proclaims she wants to “earn” the nomination, anyone can see that the fix is in.

Biden was taken out in an undemocratic way, and Harris will be installed through a rigged process. Inspiring.

For Donald Trump’s part, he simply needs to transfer the arguments he was making against Biden to Harris. She is, after all, just as responsible for Biden’s failures as he is and carries an approval rating in the high 30s, same as the president.

Specifically, I expect the Republicans to laser focus the immigration crisis as the most pronounced of Harris’ failings. Biden appointed her his de facto border czar in 2021, and the situation has only gotten worse since.

Trump was already arguing that a vote for Biden was actually a vote for Harris, as nobody expected Biden to complete a second term. Trump was proven right, albeit on an accelerated timeline.

Democrats are using the talking point that Trump is now the oldest presidential candidate in American history. But they are missing the point — Biden’s numeric age was never the problem. It was his rapid decline and the signs of a cover-up that had Republicans — and most Americans — exercised about Biden’s fitness for office.

Republican Nikki Haley, who lost to Trump in the GOP primary but endorsed him at last week’s Republican Party convention, said in January, “The first party to retire its 80-year-old candidate is going to be the one who wins this election.”

Now the 2024 election will test her theory. Harris, who is 59, will be portrayed in the media as young and vigorous; Trump, old and past tense.

Trump starts ahead of Harris in the national polls. But for the next three weeks, it’s likely that Harris will receive glowing profile after profile, followed by a coronation at the Democratic National Convention.

Trump must step up the pressure and invade her political space as much as possible during this time, proving his own vigor while defining his new opponent as more extreme and incompetent than his former one. His campaign, I have no doubt, is ready to unleash just such an attack.

The question is: Will Americans hold Biden’s record against Harris? Or is simply putting a younger face on a failed administration enough to give it a second chance?

Scott Jennings is a contributing writer to Opinion, a former special assistant to President George W. Bush and a senior CNN political commentator.

scott jennings

lol
    www.myspace.com
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,506
    scott jennings

lol
    Who the fuck is Scott Jennings?
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,642
    mrussel1 said:
    scott jennings

lol
    Reading that drivel, I surmise he's a republican sycophant, especially based on his role in the Bush admin.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,360
    tbergs said:
    mrussel1 said:
    scott jennings

lol
    Reading that drivel, I surmise he's a republican sycophant, especially based on his role in the Bush admin.
    Looks I don’t hate conservatives, I am one. But I couldn’t listen to that asshat anymore on cnn during the RNC. He’s a blowhard. 
    hippiemom = goodness
  • CM189191CM189191 Posts: 6,927
    Kat said:

imagine?

they build gallows on the White House lawn to hang THEIR OWN VICE PRESIDENT

prepare for the worst
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Posts: 36,679
    Prediction:

1. Harris wins the nom
    2. Trump whines he was preparing for Biden; this is not fair. No debate will happen unless Harris agrees to have it moderated by Eric
    3. Harris wins the election
    4. Trump whines it wasn't fair as he was preparing for Biden. 
    5. Trump files lawsuit and wants it fast tracked to the SCOTUS 
    6. SCOTUS tells trump to go fuck himself, Harris is sworn in
    7. Trump whines weekly on a call-in to Fox News Sunday 
    8. Trump complains on Truth Social that Fox News has stopped covering the biggest scandal in American politics, that they were never legitimate/Trump fans in the first place (for the 7th time)
    9. Lindsay Graham is seen chasing Trump's motorcade as it leaves Washington
    10. Liz Cheney goes hunting with Jared Kushner, shoots him in the face "accidentally"
    11. Megan McCain start her own show, The Perspective, with Kaleigh McEneny, Ben Carson, Tomi Lohren, and Judge Jenine, gets cancelled after week 3. 
    12. Gregg Guttfiled and Jesse Waters photographed drinking wine in rooftop hot tub (not that there's anything wrong with that)
    13. Laura Ingraham finally figures out the show "You" is not about her
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

• Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 38,635
    Prediction:

1. Harris wins the nom
    2. Trump whines he was preparing for Biden; this is not fair. No debate will happen unless Harris agrees to have it moderated by Eric
    8. Trump complains on Truth Social that Fox News has stopped covering the biggest scandal in American politics, that they were never legitimate/Trump fans in the first place (for the 7th time)
    10. Liz Cheney goes hunting with Jared Kushner, shoots him in the face "accidentally"
    11. Megan McCain start her own show, The Perspective, with Kaleigh McEneny, Ben Carson, Tomi Lohren, and Judge Jenine, gets cancelled after week 3. 
    12. Gregg Guttfiled and Jesse Waters photographed drinking wine in rooftop hot tub (not that there's anything wrong with that)
    And Ann Coulter makes the Sunday rounds telling everyone who will listen, “I told you so.”
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,786
    Prediction:

1. Harris wins the nom
    Haha!  You know this country well, bud!
    Prediction:

1. Harris wins the nom
    And Ann Coulter makes the Sunday rounds telling everyone who will listen, “I told you so.”

One of the few things I liked about having to make the decision to leave my job at the bookstore when COVID hit:  No longer having to shelve Ann Coulter books!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Glorified KCGlorified KC Posts: 2,634
    Prediction:

1. Harris wins the nom

I can't stop laughing at Number 10.
    I wish I was a sacrifice, but somehow still lived on.
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,786
    Prediction:

1. Harris wins the nom

I can't stop laughing at Number 10.

OMG, I just got it.  Duh!  :lol:

Just to clarify though, I really do think Liz Cheney has got something on the ball.  I'm glad she's out there doing what she does.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,547

“Seeing it coming” is not seeing it.

”seeing it coming” is projection based on bias.