#46 President Joe Biden

Comments

• Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,703
    CM189191 said:
    pjl44 said:
    mace1229 said:
    It’s funny how MAGA folks can’t wrap their heads around the notion that this kid came from a republican family and tried to kill the Republican nominee! 😜 in their minds it could only be a liberal democrat who’d try such a thing..
    It’s not that. There’s plenty of republicans that don’t like Trump.
    There’s minimal information being shared. The secret service isn’t sharing much, if anything. The amount of information released seems pretty odd to me. After most publicized mass shootings we know everything about the shooter in about 48 hours. 
    About the only things I’ve read about him was he’s standoffish, a loner and known for wearing hunting clothes and a Covid mask after the pandemic. If he’s MAGA, he’s the only one who continued to wear a mask.

And the only articles I’ve seen list the parents as registered libertarian and democrat. So I was curious why some were calling the parents MAGA.
    Being labeled as subjective to gun rights ads in 2016 doesn’t say much. But if they had Trump signs, that does.
    Its not that they can’t wrap their heads around it, there’s just almost no information coming out.

Face it, mace, if the kid was a black transgender liberal swimmer, maga would be parading in the streets and jumping up and down for joy and you know it.

They obviously do not know how to grasp the fact that he fits the same profile as just about every mass shooter this country sees everyday: that he's one of them.

Regarding the lack of info...what is strange to me is that Trump's medical team has not said anything. A former president gets shot (supposedly) and the public is not given one piece of information regarding the injury he suffered? I saw one article that said he did not even need stitches, yet he is wearing a tampon sized bandage over his entire ear. Can't wrap my head around it....

trump has always been private about his health. hence the bullshit doctor's notes with fake height and weight and incredibly low bmi. does anybody really think he would let a doctor come out and state how insignificant his injury was? he even denied having bone spurs.
    Kinda think if the report would help him appear tougher, he would release it. Not releasing only makes the whispers of a little piece of glass grazing his ear grow louder. 

Still just odd. Just odd....ex president reportedly is shot and the only confirmation we have is from that same ex president...who is not exactly known to tell the truth about much of anything lol
    if i were the candidate i would want the people to know the extent of my injuries. because it is the right thing to do.
    Do you want to see the half inch of mangled cartilage? It grazed his ear. How much detail do you need?
    All of it

photos
    medical records
    tax returns
    college transcripts
    Yeah. It's quite strange how some people are just okay without having any details regarding an assanination attempt on a former president--whether it's Trump or anyone else.  

I think it does matter if the bullet hit him or it was charred glass that ricocheted. I think it does matter if they are lying about what actually happened to him...at the very least it speaks to the character of the man on whether he would lie about it or not.

And for arguments sake, if it comes out in the weeks and months ahead that he was not actually shot---politically speaking, they will look pretty foolish. 

Imagine history books 50 years from now citing Donald Trump, alone, on whether he was shot or not. lol.
    I just think it's hilarious that tRump has that ridiculous looking bandage on his head. There is likely very little scarring is my guess. No stiches and we know that if the actual ear looked bad he wouldn't be wearing a bandage at all. 

He make the decision that he had to have that pillow on his head.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,281
    mace1229 said:
    Biden looked awful yesterday.  But Trump isn’t looking much better.  IMO he aged about ten years.  I haven’t really seen him happy since the shooting.  Imagine thinking the entire country (or at least R) love you, then all of a sudden some young republican man from a MAGA home try’s to kill you, and then you find out another country wants you dead, it’s exactly like the Emperor’s New Clothes. 
    I wouldn’t be happy either knowing how badly my security detail screwed up and almost cost me my life either.

I remember you said the other day both the shooter’s parents are strong republicans. I’m curious if you actually know that, or just assuming?
    I read one parent was registered democrat and the other libertarian. I haven’t seen any reports that he came from a MAGA/trump family. And he had googled locations of the DNC, so possibly not just targeting Trump. 

I don’t knowing this was the article I saw the other day, but here’s one that says the same thing
    https://www.fox5dc.com/news/trump-shooters-parents-called-police-hours-before-assassination-attempt.amp
    I wrote the other day for everyone to ignore the BS coming out of Bethel Park a/k/a Heroin High.  So much still being written is total crap.  Trump signs were in the yard both former presidential elections.  I’m not saying who or how I know them and you can believe me or not, it truly doesn’t matter (not being rude I promise).  I’m not sure how to say this but the districts all around and including Bethel are absolutely magnificent at keeping things quiet.  They don’t allow anything to get out that they don’t want out. I imagine most schools are like that.

No one wants to believe that MAGA would shoot him so BP is just going with the program Mace.  Don’t forget I worked in a school district - not Bethel - but close enough.  I was a confidential board secretary, finance and operations assistant director and helped extensively in the business department.  I had access to information that I wish I never knew.  

I’m not gonna argue about it.  Maybe he did plan to shoot them both.  I honestly don’t care whether he was D or R.  I get these are presidents but I’m sorry, I don’t see where their lives should be protected or mourned more than children in schools.  Fuck both sides for never doing anything about that.  I’m just at that point.  

But maybe you can help me understand how can R  can be pro-life, pro-gun, and pro capital punishment all at the same time?  
    You have to protect political leaders. But I have always found it odd that the whole country will mourn the death of a 97 year old celebrity who dies of natural causes, when like you said children die every day. When Betty White died a few years ago I remember seeing a bunch of posts on FB like “why her?!! Too soon!” Uhhh… she was 99 people.

To be clear, I don’t agree with a lot of this, but I’ll try to answer your question.

Pro-lifers believe the right to life of a fetus supersedes the right to chose. It’s not a matter of women’s rights, nearly half of pro-lifers are women, they see a fetus and believe it has the right to live. Some believe it at different points in the pregnancy, but that’s what it boils down to.

Capital punishment, some people just perform such an egregious act the proper punishment is death. A few years ago this guy in Colorado killed his wife, put his 3 and 5 year old daughter in the back of the truck with his dead wife. Drove an hour, strangled his 2 daughters as they begged for their life, and disposed of the bodies. That guy deserves to die (if I remember, he got life as per of a deal though). You can believe life is precious and also believe there are some acts so heinous the fitting punishment is death. I personally have no problem executing that father, or some other guy who rapes and murders a 12 year old girl, they have no place on this earth. Many disagree and that’s fine.

Guns are trickier as there’s multiple reasons. Some genuinely believe without them, our government will turn into a dictatorship. Although I don’t believe it to be very many. Probably the biggest reason you can be pro life and pro 2A is we just don’t all enforce the laws we have. There is pushback against harsher sentencing. Some laws like anti gang laws or elevating a crime if you’re in possession of a gun impact minorities more and contribute to overcrowding and higher incarceration rates. The majority of gun homicides are gang related and/or during the commission of a crime. Many gun owners don’t believe tighter restrictions are going to impact gangs and those already committing felony crimes, and therefore have minimal impact. To lower gun crime, bring back gang task forces, stricter punishments for gun crimes, automatic time added to your sentence if you’re in possession of a gun during a crime or found to be in illegal possession. And prosecute all gun crimes. With this recent Hunter case we’ve heard so much that it’s just political, and no one ever gets charged of lying of a gun form. And that’s probably true. But it’s also incredibly stupid. If you’re caught illegally purchasing a gun, through lying on your form or another means, there should be a minimum sentence and always prosecuted. But we don’t do many of those basic things, which creates pushback from gun owners when they want tighter restrictions.
  • sheckyshecky Posts: 1,774
    CM189191 said:
    pjl44 said:
    mace1229 said:
    It’s funny how MAGA folks can’t wrap their heads around the notion that this kid came from a republican family and tried to kill the Republican nominee! 😜 in their minds it could only be a liberal democrat who’d try such a thing..
    There’s minimal information being shared. The secret service isn’t sharing much, if anything. The amount of information released seems pretty odd to me. After most publicized mass shootings we know everything about the shooter in about 48 hours. 
    About the only things I’ve read about him was he’s standoffish, a loner and known for wearing hunting clothes and a Covid mask after the pandemic. If he’s MAGA, he’s the only one who continued to wear a mask.

And the only articles I’ve seen list the parents as registered libertarian and democrat. So I was curious why some were calling the parents MAGA.
    Being labeled as subjective to gun rights ads in 2016 doesn’t say much. But if they had Trump signs, that does.
    Its not that they can’t wrap their heads around it, there’s just almost no information coming out.

Face it, mace, if the kid was a black transgender liberal swimmer, maga would be parading in the streets and jumping up and down for joy and you know it.

They obviously do not know how to grasp the fact that he fits the same profile as just about every mass shooter this country sees everyday: that he's one of them.

Regarding the lack of info...what is strange to me is that Trump's medical team has not said anything. A former president gets shot (supposedly) and the public is not given one piece of information regarding the injury he suffered? I saw one article that said he did not even need stitches, yet he is wearing a tampon sized bandage over his entire ear. Can't wrap my head around it....

trump has always been private about his health. hence the bullshit doctor's notes with fake height and weight and incredibly low bmi. does anybody really think he would let a doctor come out and state how insignificant his injury was? he even denied having bone spurs.
    Kinda think if the report would help him appear tougher, he would release it. Not releasing only makes the whispers of a little piece of glass grazing his ear grow louder. 

Still just odd. Just odd....ex president reportedly is shot and the only confirmation we have is from that same ex president...who is not exactly known to tell the truth about much of anything lol
    if i were the candidate i would want the people to know the extent of my injuries. because it is the right thing to do.
    Do you want to see the half inch of mangled cartilage? It grazed his ear. How much detail do you need?
    All of it

photos
    medical records
    tax returns
    college transcripts
    Yeah. It's quite strange how some people are just okay without having any details regarding an assanination attempt on a former president--whether it's Trump or anyone else.  

I think it does matter if the bullet hit him or it was charred glass that ricocheted. I think it does matter if they are lying about what actually happened to him...at the very least it speaks to the character of the man on whether he would lie about it or not.

And for arguments sake, if it comes out in the weeks and months ahead that he was not actually shot---politically speaking, they will look pretty foolish. 

Imagine history books 50 years from now citing Donald Trump, alone, on whether he was shot or not. lol.
    I just think it's hilarious that tRump has that ridiculous looking bandage on his head. There is likely very little scarring is my guess. No stiches and we know that if the actual ear looked bad he wouldn't be wearing a bandage at all. 

• The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,709
    shecky said:
    CM189191 said:
    pjl44 said:
    mace1229 said:

All of it

photos
    medical records
    tax returns
    college transcripts

"screenshot taken."
    www.myspace.com
  • DE4173DE4173 Posts: 618
    1993: 11/22 Little Rock
    1996; 9/28 New York
    1997: 11/14 Oakland, 11/15 Oakland
    1998: 7/5 Dallas, 7/7 Albuquerque, 7/8 Phoenix, 7/10 San Diego, 7/11 Las Vegas
    2000: 10/17 Dallas
    2003: 4/3 OKC
    2012: 11/17 Tulsa(EV), 11/18 Tulsa(EV)
    2013: 11/16 OKC
    2014: 10/8 Tulsa
    2022: 9/20 OKC
    2023: 9/13 Ft Worth, 9/15 Ft Worth
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,703
    shecky said:
    CM189191 said:
    pjl44 said:
    mace1229 said:

All of it

photos
    medical records
    tax returns
    college transcripts

yeah man...I'm not on here saying those two are "tough guys" and "protected by angels"...bandage still looks like a kotex regardless
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana

WASHINGTON — A federal appeals court blocked the implementation of the Biden administration's student debt relief plan, which would have lowered monthly payments for millions of borrowers.

In a ruling Thursday, the 8th Circuit Court of Appeals granted a motion for an administrative stay filed by a group of Republican-led states seeking to invalidate the administration's entire student loan forgiveness program. The court's order prohibits the administration from implementing the parts of the SAVE plan that were not already blocked by lower court rulings.

The ruling comes the same day that the Biden administration announced another round of student loan forgiveness, this time totaling $1.2 billion in forgiveness for roughly 35,000 borrowers who are eligible for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness program.

The PSLF program, which provides relief for teachers, nurses, firefighters and other public servants who make 120 qualifying monthly payments, was originally passed in 2007. But for years, borrowers ran into strict rules and servicer errors that prevented them from having their debt cancelled. The Biden administration adjusted some of the programs rules and retroactively gave many borrowers credits towards their required payments.

Borrowers who are enrolled in the SAVE plan, which was the subject of Thursday's ruling, will be placed into interest-free forbearance while the case works its way through the legal system, Education Secretary Miguel Cardona said Thursday.

“Today’s ruling from the 8th Circuit blocking President Biden’s SAVE plan could have devastating consequences for millions of student loan borrowers crushed by unaffordable monthly payments if it remains in effect,” Cardona said in a statement. “It’s shameful that politically motivated lawsuits waged by Republican elected officials are once again standing in the way of lower payments for millions of borrowers.”

Two separate legal challenges to Biden's SAVE plan have worked their way through the courts. In June, federal judges in Kansas and Missouri issued separate rulings that blocked much of the administration's plan to provide a faster path towards loan cancellation and reduce monthly income-based repayment from 10% to 5% of a borrower's discretionary income. Those injunctions did not affect debt that had already been forgiven.

The 10th Circuit Court of Appeals issued a ruling that allowed the department to proceed with the lowered monthly payments. Thursday's order from the 8th circuit blocks all aspects of the SAVE plan.

• gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 Posts: 23,214
    pjl44 said:
    mace1229 said:

i want all of it. why wouldn't you?
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,281
    Yeah, I’d love to see a close up of the ear.
    I do believe it was a bullet and not glass that hit his ear. I didn’t see any shattered teleprompters in the pictures.
    I also believe the size of the bandage is inversely proportional to the size of the wound.
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,299
    pjl44 said:
    mace1229 said:

In two weeks! Hey can anyone tell me if he outlined any policies at his welcome home party last night my TV doesn’t let me watch pathetically full of 💩 humans it just turns off🤷‍♂️
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,264
    pjl44 said:
    mace1229 said:

These are the arguments I usually have with my MAGA friends and now I also get to have them with liberals so yeah everything is great 
    edited July 20
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:
    mace1229 said:

These are the arguments I usually have with my MAGA friends and now I also get to have them with liberals so yeah everything is great 
    No offense....but what are you talking about? An ex president, who is also running for president again, has been shot and no information about the incident or extent of his injuries have been released. The only confirmation that he was actually shot came from that same ex president who cannot complete a sentence without telling a blatant lie. 

That's not normal. 
    www.myspace.com
  • Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 38,634
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:
    mace1229 said:

No offense....but what are you talking about? An ex president, who is also running for president again, has been shot and no information about the incident or extent of his injuries have been released. The only confirmation that he was actually shot came from that same ex president who cannot complete a sentence without telling a blatant lie. 

That's not normal. 
    It’s not? Oh.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:
    mace1229 said:

That's not normal. 

Please explain your conspiracy theory of what actually happened. Instead of ISN'T IT WEIRD. Because again you're Infowars people now.
    NBC:

Guys on Pearl Jam Message Board Who Have Done Their Own Research 
  • Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 38,634
    pjl44 said:
    My own research tells me that POOTWH’s ear was grazed and required no stitches. My research also tells me that his official spokespeople have not explained the overly large base covering his whole ear for what all my research tells me is a flesh wound requiring no stitches. My own research wonders why there’s been no official explanation or statement from the attending medical personnel or official spokespeople to take questions from the press regarding whether POOTWH’s hearing has been affected or whether there have been any other side effects. My own research tells me this is not normal for there to be such a lack of official information coming from the victim, a POTUS candidate, his campaign and his medical team that treated him.

Ronny Rayguns almost dying on the table, being fortunate enough to have been taken to DC’s premier gunshot wound trauma centre and waving from his hospital room window the following day, POOTWH is not. My own research tells me that.

My own research also explains the base sized bandage. Jealousy.

09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • teskeincteskeinc Posts: 1,668
    pjl44 said:
    Pearl Jam fans who do their own research by watching MSNBC.
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,786
    pjl44 said:
    My own research tells me that POOTWH’s ear was grazed and required no stitches. My research also tells me that his official spokespeople have not explained the overly large base covering his whole ear for what all my research tells me is a flesh wound requiring no stitches. My own research wonders why there’s been no official explanation or statement from the attending medical personnel or official spokespeople to take questions from the press regarding whether POOTWH’s hearing has been affected or whether there have been any other side effects. My own research tells me this is not normal for there to be such a lack of official information coming from the victim, a POTUS candidate, his campaign and his medical team that treated him.

Ronny Rayguns almost dying on the table, being fortunate enough to have been taken to DC’s premier gunshot wound trauma centre and waving from his hospital room window the following day, POOTWH is not. My own research tells me that.

My own research also explains the base sized bandage. Jealousy.

There are questions popping up all  over the place (not just MSNBC, but that was probably just a joke, haha) questioning why Trump has simply shut the door on this issue, not allowing any medical reports out to verify the injury was actually a bullet.  Common sense would say if it really was a bullet, he would be more than willing to share that information.  But are we surprised by any of this?  Pffft, hell no.  :lol:
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

Why does JoJo Biden refuse to take a Cognitive Test and share the results with the American public?
    President Trump did that voluntarily.

edited July 20
    shecky said:
    Why does JoJo Biden refuse to take a Cognitive Test and share the results with the American public?

Oh he did? How nice, sheck! Hey, how the former president do? Why would so many people tell him to take a lest like that in the first place? Why did he refuse to share the results with the American public? Does that seem weird? Did he seem totally with it to you on Thursday? Should he take another cognitive test?

Wouldn't it be nice to have an option where cognitive is not even an issue? 

www.myspace.com
  • CM189191CM189191 Posts: 6,927
    shecky said:

No tRump didn't
    pjl44 said:
    Was not expecting them to go with "yes this but unironically"
    Y'all are running out of time to cool your shit and not make Republicans look sane by comparison 
  • FiveBelowFiveBelow Posts: 1,275
    Blue maga coming in hot.

JD Vance, others say Biden should resign presidency if he drops out of the race

An increasing number of Democrats are calling on the president to drop out of the presidential race

Published July 19, 2024 8:46pm EDT

Newly minted Republican vice presidential nominee JD Vance wrote in an X post Friday that if Democrats believe President Biden doesn’t have the mental acuity to continue to run for re-election, it would be difficult to argue he should remain president until next January.

"If Joe Biden doesn't have the cognitive function to run for re-election, then he certainly doesn't have the cognitive function to remain as Commander-In-Chief," Vance posted. "How can any Dem pushing him to drop out of the presidential race, argue in good faith that he should stay on as POTUS?"

Sen. Marco Rubio, R-Fla., echoed that sentiment to reporters at the Republican National Convention in Milwaukee Thursday. 

"The question is, if he's not going to be their nominee because he's not up to it, how can he be our president for the next six months?" Rubio said, according to Politico. "If there's something wrong with you that doesn't allow you to run for president, how can you still be there as president? If they're going to remove him as nominee, they’ve got to remove him as president, and that's really bad for our country."

Polling guru and FiveThirtyEight founder Nate Silver earlier this month wrote on X he also believes Biden should "transition the presidency to [Vice President Kamala] Harris within 30-60 days, but I’m there now. Something is clearly wrong here."

Rep. Marie Gluesenkamp Perez, D-Wash., has also called on Biden to step down. 

"Americans deserve to feel their president is fit enough to do the job," she told KGW-TV. "The crisis of confidence in the president’s leadership needs to come to an end. The president should do what he knows is right for the country and put the national interest first."

Increasing numbers of Democrats have called on Biden to exit the White House race after his disastrous debate performance late last month, fearing he would lose to Trump. 

Historian Alexis Coe wrote in a Rolling Stone op-ed Friday that Biden should resign to "preserve his legacy."

Presidential historian Allan Lichtman, who has accurately predicted nine of the last 10 elections, has also said that if Biden were to drop out of the race, handing over the presidency to Harris as she replaces him on the ticket would be the Democrats' best chance of keeping the White House in November. 

Biden and his campaign have said the president is "in it to win it," although reports have said he is reconsidering that amid increasing calls to drop out. 

• josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,299
    shecky said:

JD Vance, others say Biden should resign presidency if he drops out of the race

An increasing number of Democrats are calling on the president to drop out of the presidential race

Published July 19, 2024 8:46pm EDT

Newly minted Republican vice presidential nominee JD Vance wrote in an X post Friday that if Democrats believe President Biden doesn’t have the mental acuity to continue to run for re-election, it would be difficult to argue he should remain president until next January.

"If Joe Biden doesn't have the cognitive function to run for re-election, then he certainly doesn't have the cognitive function to remain as Commander-In-Chief," Vance posted. "How can any Dem pushing him to drop out of the presidential race, argue in good faith that he should stay on as POTUS?"

Sen. Marco Rubio, R-Fla., echoed that sentiment to reporters at the Republican National Convention in Milwaukee Thursday. 

"The question is, if he's not going to be their nominee because he's not up to it, how can he be our president for the next six months?" Rubio said, according to Politico. "If there's something wrong with you that doesn't allow you to run for president, how can you still be there as president? If they're going to remove him as nominee, they’ve got to remove him as president, and that's really bad for our country."

Polling guru and FiveThirtyEight founder Nate Silver earlier this month wrote on X he also believes Biden should "transition the presidency to [Vice President Kamala] Harris within 30-60 days, but I’m there now. Something is clearly wrong here."

Rep. Marie Gluesenkamp Perez, D-Wash., has also called on Biden to step down. 

"Americans deserve to feel their president is fit enough to do the job," she told KGW-TV. "The crisis of confidence in the president’s leadership needs to come to an end. The president should do what he knows is right for the country and put the national interest first."

Increasing numbers of Democrats have called on Biden to exit the White House race after his disastrous debate performance late last month, fearing he would lose to Trump. 

Historian Alexis Coe wrote in a Rolling Stone op-ed Friday that Biden should resign to "preserve his legacy."

Presidential historian Allan Lichtman, who has accurately predicted nine of the last 10 elections, has also said that if Biden were to drop out of the race, handing over the presidency to Harris as she replaces him on the ticket would be the Democrats' best chance of keeping the White House in November. 

Biden and his campaign have said the president is "in it to win it," although reports have said he is reconsidering that amid increasing calls to drop out. 

😂😂 That could have been said in 2019 about the dumbest president to occupy the WH! Remember his remedy for Covid it has something to do with a light and bleach! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....

Democrats plot coup to 'save democracy,' but what happens if they fail?

If top-down effort by party leaders and billionaires fails, Biden will owe the socialists big time

Published July 20, 2024 9:06am EDT

The Democrats seeking to remove President Joe Biden from the 2024 White House race promise that this is not a coup attempt by elites to thwart the will of their party’s primary voters, but boy, it sure looks like one.

It would be one thing if Democratic leadership en masse decided that Biden was no longer fit to serve, and with a single voice, called upon him to step down. But that is not what is happening here. The truth is, they are just worried he is going to lose the election to Donald Trump.

To avoid the metaphorical label "coup," there would have to be near unanimity and a clear and obvious emergency. This looks more like a factional battle for power. And that sounds like a coup.

Biden has a right to be furious at his old boss, Barack Obama, and the sly, Machiavellian former House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, as they stab him in the back with the help of Hollywood celebrities like George Clooney, and seemingly every major liberal news outlet.

The president rightly insists that he has racked up 18 million votes and won every primary. Even though the people have spoken with a clarion voice, the elites are trying to take him down.

Where is the lie? 

The latest maneuver, if you are keeping track, is for major donors to withhold money not just from Biden’s campaign, but from down-ballot races too, should the old man in the White House refuse to step aside.

Let’s think about what this really means: The powerful Democrats who seem to approve this move are all but admitting that left-wing billionaires can simply buy the Democratic nomination, the will of the people be damned. 

Maybe I missed the memo, but I thought the Democrats were trying to save democracy from Donald Trump. Apparently, one must destroy democracy to save it. Quite a novel concept, indeed.

On Friday, current Speaker Hakeem Jeffries threw Biden a lifeline, assuring that he supports the president. So Biden has the head of "The Squad," Rep. Alexandria Ocasio Cortez, and the Congressional Black Caucus. Those are powerful, coup-blocking chess pieces.

By ridin' with Biden, these Democrats are taking the chance that he can still win. And while it may be a longshot, it is far from impossible. An overwhelming ground game in Pennsylvania, Michigan and Wisconsin could still work, especially if states like Virginia turn out to be fools gold for the GOP.

It’s worth thinking about what would happen then, if a successful Biden owed his entire second term, or as much of it as he can endure, to the most far-left and radical wing of his party. It is not much of a stretch to say that one of our two major parties could wind up flat-out socialist.

The funny thing about coups is that when they fail they often leave the target more powerful than he was to begin with. Should Biden’s candidacy survive, he will be bathed in the light of defiant power.

There is less than a month to go before Democrats virtually, but permanently, are due to nominate Biden ahead of their convention. If he can hang on until then, he is in like Flynn.

It will take more than leaked conversations and a handful of moderate Democrat lawmakers calling on Biden to drop out for a new nominee to be anointed. Frankly, the insurrectionists's quiver is running on arrows.

Democratic voters, for better or worse, have chosen Joe Biden, and this effort by top party officials and billionaire donors to replace their choice may be running out of steam.

That is good news for Biden, and Republicans hope it is good news for Donald Trump. But if this election has shown us anything, it is that surprising twists and turns are to be expected. So buckle up, this thing is far from over.

• mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,506
    shecky said:

Democrats plot coup to 'save democracy,' but what happens if they fail?

If top-down effort by party leaders and billionaires fails, Biden will owe the socialists big time

Published July 20, 2024 9:06am EDT

The Democrats seeking to remove President Joe Biden from the 2024 White House race promise that this is not a coup attempt by elites to thwart the will of their party’s primary voters, but boy, it sure looks like one.

It would be one thing if Democratic leadership en masse decided that Biden was no longer fit to serve, and with a single voice, called upon him to step down. But that is not what is happening here. The truth is, they are just worried he is going to lose the election to Donald Trump.

To avoid the metaphorical label "coup," there would have to be near unanimity and a clear and obvious emergency. This looks more like a factional battle for power. And that sounds like a coup.

Biden has a right to be furious at his old boss, Barack Obama, and the sly, Machiavellian former House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, as they stab him in the back with the help of Hollywood celebrities like George Clooney, and seemingly every major liberal news outlet.

The president rightly insists that he has racked up 18 million votes and won every primary. Even though the people have spoken with a clarion voice, the elites are trying to take him down.

Where is the lie? 

The latest maneuver, if you are keeping track, is for major donors to withhold money not just from Biden’s campaign, but from down-ballot races too, should the old man in the White House refuse to step aside.

Let’s think about what this really means: The powerful Democrats who seem to approve this move are all but admitting that left-wing billionaires can simply buy the Democratic nomination, the will of the people be damned. 

Maybe I missed the memo, but I thought the Democrats were trying to save democracy from Donald Trump. Apparently, one must destroy democracy to save it. Quite a novel concept, indeed.

On Friday, current Speaker Hakeem Jeffries threw Biden a lifeline, assuring that he supports the president. So Biden has the head of "The Squad," Rep. Alexandria Ocasio Cortez, and the Congressional Black Caucus. Those are powerful, coup-blocking chess pieces.

By ridin' with Biden, these Democrats are taking the chance that he can still win. And while it may be a longshot, it is far from impossible. An overwhelming ground game in Pennsylvania, Michigan and Wisconsin could still work, especially if states like Virginia turn out to be fools gold for the GOP.

It’s worth thinking about what would happen then, if a successful Biden owed his entire second term, or as much of it as he can endure, to the most far-left and radical wing of his party. It is not much of a stretch to say that one of our two major parties could wind up flat-out socialist.

The funny thing about coups is that when they fail they often leave the target more powerful than he was to begin with. Should Biden’s candidacy survive, he will be bathed in the light of defiant power.

There is less than a month to go before Democrats virtually, but permanently, are due to nominate Biden ahead of their convention. If he can hang on until then, he is in like Flynn.

It will take more than leaked conversations and a handful of moderate Democrat lawmakers calling on Biden to drop out for a new nominee to be anointed. Frankly, the insurrectionists's quiver is running on arrows.

Democratic voters, for better or worse, have chosen Joe Biden, and this effort by top party officials and billionaire donors to replace their choice may be running out of steam.

That is good news for Biden, and Republicans hope it is good news for Donald Trump. But if this election has shown us anything, it is that surprising twists and turns are to be expected. So buckle up, this thing is far from over.

What a stupid premise from this article.