Options

#46 President Joe Biden

Comments

• Options
    JB16057JB16057 Posts: 1,269
    JB16057 said:
    tbergs said:
    JB16057 said:
    "Joe Biden is a liar and has proven that multiple times. If he's lied about some things, why wouldn't he lie to you about everything else?"

A person who voted for Trump twice said this unironically. Yowzers. 
    Yet you can't admit Biden is a liar and your only defense is Trump, Trump, Trump. Yowzers is right. 
    I think the main issue here is using the term liar when comparing Trump to anyone else who lies. You're being disingenuous. If we find out Joe lied about something it satisfies your basic concept of calling him a liar and anyone else who wanted there to be 1 validation to the statement as opposed to even giving one fuck about the numerous obvious lies spread daily by Trump and the extreme side of the GOP. There isn't a comparison.

I'm sure Joe hasn't been completely honest or forthcoming on all things as much as any decent politician, but that isn't what the baseline should be. If Joe is purposely misleading the public, the country or his supporters and spreading rumors as truth, then that's a different story. I would presume you understand this, but maybe not.
    Once again, Trump, Trump Trump. I'm talking about Joe Biden here, not Trump. Can you read the name of this thread? Hint: It's not Trump
    Can't handle the truth, eh? You know who preceded Biden? You know who is running against Biden next year? Sorry fella, the Trump comparisons are more than apt. 
    There may be relevant times to make comparisons but you always play that card. How about we only discuss Biden? That's impossible for you to do. 
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,315
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    tbergs said:
    JB16057 said:
    "Joe Biden is a liar and has proven that multiple times. If he's lied about some things, why wouldn't he lie to you about everything else?"

Yet you can't admit Biden is a liar and your only defense is Trump, Trump, Trump. Yowzers is right. 
    I think the main issue here is using the term liar when comparing Trump to anyone else who lies. You're being disingenuous. If we find out Joe lied about something it satisfies your basic concept of calling him a liar and anyone else who wanted there to be 1 validation to the statement as opposed to even giving one fuck about the numerous obvious lies spread daily by Trump and the extreme side of the GOP. There isn't a comparison.

I'm sure Joe hasn't been completely honest or forthcoming on all things as much as any decent politician, but that isn't what the baseline should be. If Joe is purposely misleading the public, the country or his supporters and spreading rumors as truth, then that's a different story. I would presume you understand this, but maybe not.
    Once again, Trump, Trump Trump. I'm talking about Joe Biden here, not Trump. Can you read the name of this thread? Hint: It's not Trump
    Can't handle the truth, eh? You know who preceded Biden? You know who is running against Biden next year? Sorry fella, the Trump comparisons are more than apt. 
    There may be relevant times to make comparisons but you always play that card. How about we only discuss Biden? That's impossible for you to do. 
    I have discussed Biden plenty. You're specifically bring up the fact that you think he is a "liar" when the person who preceded him, who you voted for twice, is the most known liar in the history of US Presidents. Seems like a pretty good time for a comparison, if you ask me! haha
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:

Twice impeached and twice indicted Trump. I never said Biden hasn't lied. Name me a politician who hasn't? But you cannot name one who has lied nearly as often as Trump...yet here you are aghast that you believe Biden lied as well. That is humor, fella. 

I still can't believe you fell for the lie that Biden was being serious with that comment earlier in the week. How many republican members of congress helped spread that lie?
    Why do you think I fell for that lie? My original post is above and is pretty fucking clear on how I feel about it. What is clear is that you obviously don't read or comprehend very well. 
    Your original post shows no mention of knowing it was a joke....only your subsequent posts did, after we pointed it out to you that it was said in jest. 
    You wouldn't know this, and that's Ok, but I pulled that quote from the White House transcript web site after I read the FULL statement. 
    I'd like to take your word for it, but the last time I tried that it didn't turn out well for you. Sorry.
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,772
    Discuss topic without personal comments about other members, thank you.

Falling down,...not staying down
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,678
    JB16057 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    JB16057 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    Kat said:
    JB16057 said:
    "Okay.  We — I was just thanking the — anyway, I started off without you, and I sold a lot of state secrets and a lot of very important things that we shared."

-President Joe Biden
    He's the president...all he had to do was THINK about declassifying that shit right before he sold it.
    I'll help. He was joking. People aren't actually saying he was serious???  :)

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/biden-sold-a-lot-of-state-secrets/

My bad. I always forget that President Biden has the funniest, most appropriate jokes. 
    No, OUR bad. We assumed when conservatives kept blathering on about “doing my own research”, they weren’t referring to right wing talking points. 
    They keep falling for bullshit....however now that bullshit is being spread by their own elected leaders in congress, as opposed to just the far right corners of the internet.  
    Can someone please explain to me how this is funny or appropriate? 

I did see the full transcript of the FULL QUOTE but this doesn't change the fact that some things are not funny nor appropriate. Joe Biden is the President and this is his idea of comedy and you all just go along with it like it is normal. 
    Where were you, say, between 2015 and 2023, like yesterday?
    I guess this isn't my kind of comedy?
    Tell us how you feel about tan suits.
    I f'ing love them!

So is right wing social media criticizing him for bat jokes or that he committed treason? You know it's the latter.  But if they lie to you about this,  why wouldn't they lie to you about everything else?
    "I am sitting here with my father and we would like to understand why the commitment made has not been fulfilled. Tell the director that I would like to resolve this now before it gets out of hand, and now means tonight,”  - Allegedly Hunter Biden

Can two things be true at the same time? Where were you the other day when the press asked Karine Jean-Pierre about the quoted text above? Six different reporters asked questions about this, not just FOX. There are whistleblowers coming out with allegations all over the place. Are some not telling the truth? Sure.

Joe Biden said that he never discussed Hunter's overseas business dealings with Hunter. Do you believe that to be true to a lie? There are  pictures with Joe, Hunter and Hunter's business associates to prove that Joe at least met with some of them.

Joe Biden is a liar and has proven that multiple times. If he's lied about some things, why wouldn't he lie to you about everything else? 
    So because Hunter said something to extract leverage,  that makes it true? How do you know he was sitting there? And what crime was it,
    I was fair when I wrote this, I said allegedly. I can't prove whether it's true or not but this text did come up in the White House Press Briefing last week. 

If it isn't true, why didn't the White House come out and say it's bullshit? Instead, they chose not to comment. Still, this doesn't make it real or true but you know the saying, "where there's smoke....". 

Because their policy from the start has been not to comment and let the DOJ do their jobs.  
    What Trump does with his mouth is not normal.  Normal is not to comment. 
  • Options
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    Must be because of all that Saudi and middle eastern money the Brandon crime family has taken. Must be.

But but but Trump!! If you have proof of wrong doing, let’s see it. If there was wrong doing, wouldn't the Biden administration jump all over it? Either way, this is the President Joe Biden thread. If you want to discuss Trump and his family, there are other multiple threads for you. 
    Are you related to the trumps?  In the will?  Trying to figure out the hostility.  
    Funny. Now you give a fuck what I say? 
    I hope you’ll take a stroll over to the Hunter Biden Lap Top thread for a gander and maybe comment?
    There are multiple whistleblowers. And I already said that they might be lying. 
    lol...no there aren't
    lol, yes there are.
    A whistle blower is someone who works for the government and is making an allegation of impropriety.  As far as I know, there are two of them,  both accusing the IRS of slow walking the case.  But we know Hunter has agreed to plead guilty to the tax charge.  And no crime was alleged by the whistle blower regarding Joe Biden.  So not really too sure this is some bombshell. 

The informant who filed the 1023 using hearsay derived from an exiled Ukrainian oligarch is NOT a whistle blower. 
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,179
    mrussel1 said:
    JB16057 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    JB16057 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    Kat said:
    JB16057 said:
    "Okay.  We — I was just thanking the — anyway, I started off without you, and I sold a lot of state secrets and a lot of very important things that we shared."

-President Joe Biden
    He's the president...all he had to do was THINK about declassifying that shit right before he sold it.

My bad. I always forget that President Biden has the funniest, most appropriate jokes. 
    No, OUR bad. We assumed when conservatives kept blathering on about “doing my own research”, they weren’t referring to right wing talking points. 
    They keep falling for bullshit....however now that bullshit is being spread by their own elected leaders in congress, as opposed to just the far right corners of the internet.  

I did see the full transcript of the FULL QUOTE but this doesn't change the fact that some things are not funny nor appropriate. Joe Biden is the President and this is his idea of comedy and you all just go along with it like it is normal. 
    I f'ing love them!

So is right wing social media criticizing him for bat jokes or that he committed treason? You know it's the latter.  But if they lie to you about this,  why wouldn't they lie to you about everything else?
    "I am sitting here with my father and we would like to understand why the commitment made has not been fulfilled. Tell the director that I would like to resolve this now before it gets out of hand, and now means tonight,”  - Allegedly Hunter Biden

Can two things be true at the same time? Where were you the other day when the press asked Karine Jean-Pierre about the quoted text above? Six different reporters asked questions about this, not just FOX. There are whistleblowers coming out with allegations all over the place. Are some not telling the truth? Sure.

Joe Biden said that he never discussed Hunter's overseas business dealings with Hunter. Do you believe that to be true to a lie? There are  pictures with Joe, Hunter and Hunter's business associates to prove that Joe at least met with some of them.

Joe Biden is a liar and has proven that multiple times. If he's lied about some things, why wouldn't he lie to you about everything else? 
    So because Hunter said something to extract leverage,  that makes it true? How do you know he was sitting there? And what crime was it,
    I was fair when I wrote this, I said allegedly. I can't prove whether it's true or not but this text did come up in the White House Press Briefing last week. 

If it isn't true, why didn't the White House come out and say it's bullshit? Instead, they chose not to comment. Still, this doesn't make it real or true but you know the saying, "where there's smoke....". 

Because their policy from the start has been not to comment and let the DOJ do their jobs.  
    i think trump is playing some sort of 9 dimensional chess where him admitting to his crimes on tape somehow makes his case that he didn't do anything wrong.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    mrussel1 said:
    JB16057 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    JB16057 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    Kat said:
    JB16057 said:

-President Joe Biden

I f'ing love them!

i think trump is playing some sort of 9 dimensional chess where him admitting to his crimes on tape somehow makes his case that he didn't do anything wrong.
    Just as a reminder..

1. They were planted by the FBI
    2. He declassified them
    3. He has the right to keep classified information
    4. They were just newspaper clippings 
    5. It was just "bravado", he didn't really have the planted documents that he declassified

Post edited by mrussel1 on
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,989
    Just fucking amazing how the right wing blogosphere can keep this bullshit alive. No legitimate news organization pushes their bullshit but that is a plus to them because legitimate news is fake news.

Black hole mind warp politics.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,894
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,179
    mickeyrat said:
    tell that to the gop. they want to go back to reaganomics, presumably because that has always worked so well...
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    Just fucking amazing how the right wing blogosphere can keep this bullshit alive. No legitimate news organization pushes their bullshit but that is a plus to them because legitimate news is fake news.

CBS is now right wing blogosphere!! https://www.cbsnews.com/video/irs-whistleblower-criticizes-hunter-biden-plea-deal/
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:
    Yet families still struggle paying for food, energy and everything else. 
  • Options

LOL! The hypocrisy is too heavy on this on. Bahaha

Thanks Trump! Big win with SCOTUS picks. 
  • Options
    JB16057 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    Yet families still struggle paying for food, energy and everything else. 
    Seems as if you are unhappy that the economy is growing faster than expected. Are you also happy that jobless claims was lower than expected today? How about inflation half of what it was a year ago? 

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    cblock4lifecblock4life Posts: 1,411
    I don’t like the guy but he knows who to surround himself with and he understands their duties.  Creepy but around long enough to know his shit.  I said differently earlier and I’ll gladly admit I was wrong.  Trump was like billy madison when he took office.  
  • Options
    JB16057 said:

CBS is now right wing blogosphere!! https://www.cbsnews.com/video/irs-whistleblower-criticizes-hunter-biden-plea-deal/
    You understand that this is the opinion of the whistle blower.  It's not a fact,  right?
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    mrussel1 said:
    JB16057 said:

You understand that this is the opinion of the whistle blower.  It's not a fact,  right?
    But...but it's on...CBS
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Completely agree

• Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,941
    Completely agree

You Republicans have ignored your side’s degradation of politics for decades. Your qualms with Democrats aren’t worth shit.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,894
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    benjs said:
    Completely agree

You Republicans have ignored your side’s degradation of politics for decades. Your qualms with Democrats aren’t worth shit.
    You Democrats can't admit that Biden treating one of his grandchildren like this is a shitty thing to do. I thought decency was on the ballot!!? Never for DemoRATS.
  • Options
    JB16057 said:
    benjs said:
    Completely agree

You Democrats can't admit that Biden treating one of his grandchildren like this is a shitty thing to do. I thought decency was on the ballot!!? Never for DemoRATS.
    Good lord man. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    JB16057 said:
    benjs said:
    Completely agree

Good lord man. 
    The truth hurts. How do you think that kid feels? Oh wait, Democrats don't care.
  • Options
    JB16057 said:
    benjs said:
    Completely agree

It's literally the least of my concerns.  When we talk about decency, we're are talking about how Trump publicly treats people and groups.  Right wing news is REPORTING that he doesn't interact with his grandchild. Does that show up publicly?  No, it's between him and his family.  That's a world apart from the actual words we hear Trump say on live television.  I don't care if Tiffany is his least favorite kid or not.  That's not my business. 
  • Options
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    benjs said:
    Completely agree

Good lord man. 
    The truth hurts. How do you think that kid feels? Oh wait, Democrats don't care.
    Haha.....doesn't every family have shit like this that they deal with? Why the hell would I care? The disingenuousness just oozes out of every post you make. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,828
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    benjs said:
    Completely agree

Good lord man. 
    Haha.....doesn't every family have shit like this that they deal with? Why the hell would I care? The disingenuousness just oozes out of every post you make. 
    Some of the worst kids I grew up came from the richest and best families. It happens. Not sure why any of this matters but wtf do I know. 
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,315
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    benjs said:
    Completely agree

Good lord man. 
    So Republicans are the party of family values? 😂😂😂 the leader of the party was banging porn stars while his 4th wife was at home recovering from giving birth 🤣🤣🤣
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    benjs said:
    Completely agree

Good lord man. 
    So Republicans are the party of family values? 😂😂😂 the leader of the party was banging porn stars while his 4th wife was at home recovering from giving birth 🤣🤣🤣
    Plus they are also the ones who act like they are so offended whenever someone even mentions Trump's youngest kid....yet here they are amplifying some family shit with the Bidens. Nothing they say is genuine. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,516
    JB16057 said:
    benjs said:
    Completely agree

You Democrats can't admit that Biden treating one of his grandchildren like this is a shitty thing to do. I thought decency was on the ballot!!? Never for DemoRATS

Decency was on the ballot, which is why the country voted against the guy who openly lusts after his own daughter and bragged about sexually assaulting women. Even if this story about Hunter's kid is 100% true, it's still nothing compared to the guy who was out banging porn stars while his 3rd wife was at home with their newborn baby. 

You really need some better perspective here.