#46 President Joe Biden

Comments

• RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,136
    Another difference -

with trump there was a list.  The SS and FBI and archives all knew what he had, where it was, and that the secret service was providing security for it.  With the Big Guy, the docs seem to be wherever he last dropped them.  He never had declassification authority, he apparently doesn’t even know what docs he had kept or where they were yet there wasn’t a peep about national security issues like there were with trump.  Is it because they never trust Joe with things of nat’l security or is it because he’s a democrat.

This is just being sanitized, it is in every way as big a problem as trumps was/is.
    Ummm, no.

Trust me, man. Don't get your hopes up. This isn't going to turn out the way you'd like. I would refer you to a reputable news organization. This whole situation just shows the world how a normal president is supposed to handle things and how Trump handles things. Sorry. 
    Don’t be sorry.  I’m as confused as you are.  I mean, it doesn’t add up.  Somehow the receipts of him having these docs was leaked  because they popped up somewhere where they couldn’t be kept quiet anymore.  He had them for 6 years and no one cared. Then suddenly his lawyers go digging through the stuff in an old office he hadn’t been in in years and turned them over so he could be viewed as the good guy?  Too weird.  They prob would have just shredded the damn things if it hadnt come out somewhere bad that he had them.

there’s reports out that these docs were classified such that they could only be viewed in a SCIF- meaning no one had permission to remove them.  I’m not going all anti trump style and saying they were nuke codes lol, but we do know they are about Ukraine and Iran.  
    I'm not confused. Even Trump said last summer that sometimes classified documents get mixed into personal belongings. What's good is the president and his lawyers did the right thing and alerted the far left communist group known as the National Archives right away. What would have been bad is to not say anything, or lie about having them, or refusing to return them because, ya know, that could imply criminal intent. 

Like I said, stark contrast in the right way and the Trump way of handling things. Good for everyone to see. 
    The problem is that no one cares how it was handled, that’s silly and for media presentation.  

The fact is that in one case trump was a douche, had docs that everyone knew he had (they were being protected) but wouldn’t turn them over.  Trump unfortunately for those who hate him, had the power to declassify absolutely anything. So anyone who tries to make a crime out of possession is going to come up against the airtight defense of “I declassified everything I removed to Mar A Lago.”  That’s why he hasn’t been charged- leaving the accusation in the air is FAR more valuable than a prosecution that would surely end in his favor.

on the other hand you have a vice president who had no authority to possess classified documents so he’s already looking at the slammer, and don’t expect Barry to step forward and announce that he declassified them, the two don’t like each other.

VP’s only have secret service protection for a few months after they leave office vs trump who has it for life.  So the docs found in Delaware were unsecured from sometime in 2017 to when he become president around late January 2021.

You should get off the pipe. Or call Bull Durham. He’ll get to the bottom of it.
    Well we can be sure, unlike during bull durhams probe, and more like a democrat probe like Mueller, there’ll be a few leaks a week for us to enjoy!
    Would you agree with both Brandon and POOTWH being investigated and if a grand jury determines a crime had been committed, for them both to be tried, and if convicted, suffer whatever penalty the law and circumstances allow? Would you settle for that?
    Absolutely.  That is how the system is supposed to work.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Another difference -

with trump there was a list.  The SS and FBI and archives all knew what he had, where it was, and that the secret service was providing security for it.  With the Big Guy, the docs seem to be wherever he last dropped them.  He never had declassification authority, he apparently doesn’t even know what docs he had kept or where they were yet there wasn’t a peep about national security issues like there were with trump.  Is it because they never trust Joe with things of nat’l security or is it because he’s a democrat.

This is just being sanitized, it is in every way as big a problem as trumps was/is.
    Ummm, no.

Trust me, man. Don't get your hopes up. This isn't going to turn out the way you'd like. I would refer you to a reputable news organization. This whole situation just shows the world how a normal president is supposed to handle things and how Trump handles things. Sorry. 
    Don’t be sorry.  I’m as confused as you are.  I mean, it doesn’t add up.  Somehow the receipts of him having these docs was leaked  because they popped up somewhere where they couldn’t be kept quiet anymore.  He had them for 6 years and no one cared. Then suddenly his lawyers go digging through the stuff in an old office he hadn’t been in in years and turned them over so he could be viewed as the good guy?  Too weird.  They prob would have just shredded the damn things if it hadnt come out somewhere bad that he had them.

there’s reports out that these docs were classified such that they could only be viewed in a SCIF- meaning no one had permission to remove them.  I’m not going all anti trump style and saying they were nuke codes lol, but we do know they are about Ukraine and Iran.  
    I'm not confused. Even Trump said last summer that sometimes classified documents get mixed into personal belongings. What's good is the president and his lawyers did the right thing and alerted the far left communist group known as the National Archives right away. What would have been bad is to not say anything, or lie about having them, or refusing to return them because, ya know, that could imply criminal intent. 

Like I said, stark contrast in the right way and the Trump way of handling things. Good for everyone to see. 
    The problem is that no one cares how it was handled, that’s silly and for media presentation.  

The fact is that in one case trump was a douche, had docs that everyone knew he had (they were being protected) but wouldn’t turn them over.  Trump unfortunately for those who hate him, had the power to declassify absolutely anything. So anyone who tries to make a crime out of possession is going to come up against the airtight defense of “I declassified everything I removed to Mar A Lago.”  That’s why he hasn’t been charged- leaving the accusation in the air is FAR more valuable than a prosecution that would surely end in his favor.

on the other hand you have a vice president who had no authority to possess classified documents so he’s already looking at the slammer, and don’t expect Barry to step forward and announce that he declassified them, the two don’t like each other.

VP’s only have secret service protection for a few months after they leave office vs trump who has it for life.  So the docs found in Delaware were unsecured from sometime in 2017 to when he become president around late January 2021.

You should get off the pipe. Or call Bull Durham. He’ll get to the bottom of it.
    Well we can be sure, unlike during bull durhams probe, and more like a democrat probe like Mueller, there’ll be a few leaks a week for us to enjoy!
    Would you agree with both Brandon and POOTWH being investigated and if a grand jury determines a crime had been committed, for them both to be tried, and if convicted, suffer whatever penalty the law and circumstances allow? Would you settle for that?
    And yet you’re making excuses for POOTWH, making claims that are not accurate in his defence and were mostly silent on here during the Mar-I-Lieo storm trooper raid, confiscation and panty sniffing. Why is that?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
    Another difference -

Ummm, no.

And yet you’re making excuses for POOTWH, making claims that are not accurate in his defence and were mostly silent on here during the Mar-I-Lieo storm trooper raid, confiscation and panty sniffing. Why is that?
    So what? You asked me a question and I answered it.  I can come on here when I want to, and haven’t had the time for ages until about a week ago.  Finally hired some folks so I’m not working 80 hour weeks currently anymore.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    edited January 2023
    Another difference -

Ummm, no.

So what? You asked me a question and I answered it.  I can come on here when I want to, and haven’t had the time for ages until about a week ago.  Finally hired some folks so I’m not working 80 hour weeks currently anymore.
    Gosh. I suspect you would've been here quite often over the last three months had the midterms gone as you were so sure they would. lol. 

Get some sleep my friend. You seem more razzled than usual today. 
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Another difference -

Ummm, no.

Gosh. I suspect you would've been here quite often over the last three months had the midterms gone as you were so sure they would. lol. 

Nah, I think I stopped in a few times in the last several months on the tenth in case I had to blow cash on something to store in a box in my garage.  Definitely didn’t come to amt.  As far as the midterms went though, I wasn’t let down.  I would have liked to see Kerri lake win, she’s fun and a real fire cracker. I live in Texas, everything here worked as I had expected.  After Biden won in 2020 I’ve really tempered my national expectations
    Another difference -

Ummm, no.

Why’d you edit out the pizza comment?
  • Another difference -

Ummm, no.

Making excuses and making shit up, so what? The inability to see why the two individuals and the circumstances involved are vastly different, so what? Ya know, I once had a boss tell me that if you need/have to work more than 40 hours a week, you’re doing something wrong. But to my first two points, this is why ‘Murica is fucked.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Brilliantati©
    Another difference -

Ummm, no.

Making excuses and making shit up, so what? The inability to see why the two individuals and the circumstances involved are vastly different, so what? Ya know, I once had a boss tell me that if you need/have to work more than 40 hours a week, you’re doing something wrong. But to my first two points, this is why ‘Murica is fucked.
    making shit up.  You mean like Russia Dillusion? Lol, if I wanted to talk about trump I’d probably post in the trump thread.  There is one, you know- you can go post there if you choose to.  We’re in the Pudding thread. This is the thread where we’re talking about the guy who called Trump irresponsible for having classified documents at Mar A Lago which were protected by secret service agents while he then had them in his own garage the whole time.
    You guys always go personal don’t you?  Can’t you have a conversation without deleting comments and making things personal? 
  • Another difference -

Ummm, no.

making shit up.  You mean like Russia Dillusion? Lol, if I wanted to talk about trump I’d probably post in the trump thread.  There is one, you know- you can go post there if you choose to.  We’re in the Pudding thread. This is the thread where we’re talking about the guy who called Trump irresponsible for having classified documents at Mar A Lago which were protected by secret service agents while he then had them in his own garage the whole time.
    For starters, you incorrectly, in your defence of POOTWH in this very thread, claimed POOTWH could and did declassify the documents found at Mar-I-Lieo. However, it requires a documented process and the agency that produced the document to sign off on it. None of which happened. You also claimed that “we’re just finding out about this now” despite the National Archives letting us know 9 months after POOTWH returned documents that they knew he had and yet we knew about Brandon’s documents within 2 months of Brandon’s attorneys notifying the DOJ. You also tried to same/same the circumstances by claiming that the document found most recently in Brandon’s garage is comparative to those at Mar-I-Lieo. They’re not even close, as what was found in Brandon’s garage amounted to 1 page and didn’t require a subpoena versus 100s of documents of multiple pages found after National Archive requests were ignored, POOTWH attorneys, under perjury, signed off on having turned everything over and an FBI raid to retrieve the stolen top secret documents.

Maybe you should stick to the Bull Durham thread?

Brilliantati©
    Another difference -

Ummm, no.

For starters, you incorrectly, in your defence of POOTWH in this very thread, claimed POOTWH could and did declassify the documents found at Mar-I-Lieo. However, it requires a documented process and the agency that produced the document to sign off on it. None of which happened. You also claimed that “we’re just finding out about this now” despite the National Archives letting us know 9 months after POOTWH returned documents that they knew he had and yet we knew about Brandon’s documents within 2 months of Brandon’s attorneys notifying the DOJ. You also tried to same/same the circumstances by claiming that the document found most recently in Brandon’s garage is comparative to those at Mar-I-Lieo. They’re not even close, as what was found in Brandon’s garage amounted to 1 page and didn’t require a subpoena versus 100s of documents of multiple pages found after National Archive requests were ignored, POOTWH attorneys, under perjury, signed off on having turned everything over and an FBI raid to retrieve the stolen top secret documents.

You just spent all that time typing nonsense.  I never once said he declassified anything.  I said he could have as president. No one cares about subpoenas either, because we all know they won’t and wouldn’t subpoena Biden anyway, not in the two tiered justice system. That’s how this works.  And what else are you worriedly typing about, how there was 1 document vs 1 million or whatever? Lol Jesus, again that’s not the point.  HE FREAKING HAD THEM.  Or It.  That’s ALL that matters hahahahaha.  You don’t measure this illegality by page quantity, my man.  It’s either do you have classified documents in your possession or don’t you.

Switch the two presidents and there never would have been a raid at Bidens Mar A Lago anyway. The whole freaking point which you somehow seem to miss is that you’ve spent months barking about trumps documents while Biden has had them in his freaking possession for at least 5 years! Lmao it’s freaking delicious.  Talk about foolish protest, it’s made all of your boo hooing so much sweeter.  what’s that saying about glass houses again?

pay attention, they may just find another set in the bathroom.  Or maybe the pool house.  Or could be the boat house.  
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,588
    edited January 2023
    Another difference -

Ummm, no.

You just spent all that time typing nonsense.  I never once said he declassified anything.  I said he could have as president. No one cares about subpoenas either, because we all know they won’t and wouldn’t subpoena Biden anyway, not in the two tiered justice system. That’s how this works.  And what else are you worriedly typing about, how there was 1 document vs 1 million or whatever? Lol Jesus, again that’s not the point.  HE FREAKING HAD THEM.  Or It.  That’s ALL that matters hahahahaha.  You don’t measure this illegality by page quantity, my man.  It’s either do you have classified documents in your possession or don’t you.

Switch the two presidents and there never would have been a raid at Bidens Mar A Lago anyway. The whole freaking point which you somehow seem to miss is that you’ve spent months barking about trumps documents while Biden has had them in his freaking possession for at least 5 years! Lmao it’s freaking delicious.  Talk about foolish protest, it’s made all of your boo hooing so much sweeter.  what’s that saying about glass houses again?

pay attention, they may just find another set in the bathroom.  Or maybe the pool house.  Or could be the boat house.  
    A prosecutor’s going to look at knowledge and intent, which is what makes these different and why you ignore that aspect. 
  • Another difference -

Ummm, no.

You meant to say that Brandon could declassify them by thinking about them, right? Again, the problem with ‘Muricans is the inability to differentiate between circumstances and same/same everything as “see, both sides do it.” To correct your misinformation, the length of time one is in possession of documents they shouldn’t have is not nearly as consequential as how one responds and what they do upon discovery, the quantity of documents in their possession and upon investigation, who may have had access to them. We all know the secret service was protecting Mar-I-Lieo so well that a Chinese national was able to waltz in and known Russians with ties to Putin on the ritz were frequent guests. And yea, POOTWH had to be asked to put a lock on the room in Mar-I-Lieo. 

Things, and the world, are not as simple or same/same as you’d like to, or apparently, believe.

Oh, and Brandon wasn’t subpoenaed because they haven’t had to do so. You could argue that time will tell but to date, you can’t make that claim and in one instance it’s a certainty and in the other, it’s an unknown. Did you mention the bathroom because POOTWH likes to flush and clog?

Brilliantati©
    Always amazed at easily and quickly the right wing echo system can manipulate their base.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,596
    Food fight!
    Food Battle GIFs  Tenor

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,395
    Always amazed at easily and quickly the right wing echo system can manipulate their base.

I don't need to watch Fox News to hear the GOP issued talking points, I only have to see posts from a few commenters on here to know what the marching orders are.

It's remarkable really. Remarkable and sad. . 

I don't need to watch Fox News to hear the GOP issued talking points, I only have to see posts from a few commenters on here to know what the marching orders are.

Surprised I haven't seen any gas stove comments yet...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,429

we did. one of the drive by guys...
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956
    Another difference -

Ummm, no.

They were clearing out his old office and found them and they did what they should have done and reported them.

After finding those Biden likely ordered a sweep of everything else so that there would be no questions dragging on by dipshit republicans.

Biden can be trusted. tRump cannot.
    No way, it doesn’t make sense.  His lawyers found them? Since when is a lawyer, who gets paid hundreds of dollars an hour, asked to clean out an old office? Wouldn’t you have someone else do it like an aid?? And no way Biden asked anyone to do anything- they tried to hide this.  If they were being as transparent as you’re saying, why’d they wait 60 days to tell us? And only told us about the first find, when a few weeks ago they found another set? 

They found the first ones on November 2, the second on dec 20.
    I've heard that point about why have lawyers clean it out several times.
    I'm sure there are lots of reasonable explanations. One, someone making as much as Biden probably doesn't really care if he's paying a lawyer $1,000/hr or an aide $50 hr to clean it out. And he may not even be the one paying the hourly bill, so he might not care at all what it costs.
    And even if he does, there still may be plenty of non-government non-classified but still sensitive information they would be handling, so makes sense to have a lawyer be the the one looking at it if you can afford it.
    mickeyrat said:

we did. one of the drive by guys...
    haha...of course
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,937
    Another difference -

Ummm, no.

They were clearing out his old office and found them and they did what they should have done and reported them.

After finding those Biden likely ordered a sweep of everything else so that there would be no questions dragging on by dipshit republicans.

No way, it doesn’t make sense.  His lawyers found them? Since when is a lawyer, who gets paid hundreds of dollars an hour, asked to clean out an old office? Wouldn’t you have someone else do it like an aid?? And no way Biden asked anyone to do anything- they tried to hide this.  If they were being as transparent as you’re saying, why’d they wait 60 days to tell us? And only told us about the first find, when a few weeks ago they found another set? 

Lawyers were in charge of tRump's docs as well. Do you watch any reputable news sources? Or do you just follow tRump Jr on twitter?
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Another difference -

Ummm, no.

Lawyers were in charge of tRump's docs as well. Do you watch any reputable news sources? Or do you just follow tRump Jr on twitter?
    The false equivalencies are thick.

Brilliantati©
    Another difference -

Ummm, no.

thick like a good hamberder?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    Another difference -

Ummm, no.

Nah, I think I stopped in a few times in the last several months on the tenth in case I had to blow cash on something to store in a box in my garage.  Definitely didn’t come to amt.  As far as the midterms went though, I wasn’t let down.  I would have liked to see Kerri lake win, she’s fun and a real fire cracker. I live in Texas, everything here worked as I had expected.  After Biden won in 2020 I’ve really tempered my national expectations
    legit made me laugh. so true. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,072
    Ok - so taking away the fact the the Trump situation is MUCH worse compared side-to-side.  And if you eliminate the need to assign blame and prosecute (and persecute) whoever f'd up....

Something is wrong in our document handling process that allows both the trump and the biden situation to occur.  At least for the Biden situation it seems to show a faulty process....unless those documents aren't a big deal at all...but then still a fault in the process to call them out as an issue now.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • mickeyrat said:
    Another difference -

Ummm, no.

thick like a good hamberder?
    And misinformation for the misinformed. Anyone have an update on what Infowars or Steve O’s podcast is saying?

But the Presidential Records Act treats vice-presidential records the same, and the vice president has equivalent declassification authority 

The downfall of ‘Murica, it’s coming.

Brilliantati©
  • KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,769
    Reminder:  Talk about the topic....NOT each other. Thank you.

Falling down,...not staying down
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,640
    Kat said:

Good luck 
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,596
    nicknyr15 said:
    Kat said:

Good luck 

I seriously believe we can to this.  Watch:

Clock 1015  ClipArt ETC

Clock 1020  ClipArt ETC

See?  Five minutes.  Not a single person talking about someone else.  Easy peasy, we got it nailed!

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

More classified documents found at Biden's home by lawyers
    By ZEKE MILLER
    Today

WASHINGTON (AP) — Lawyers for President Joe Biden found more classified documents at his home in Wilmington, Delaware, than previously known, the White House acknowledged Saturday.

White House lawyer Richard Sauber said in a statement that a total of six pages of classified documents were found during a search of Biden's private library. The White House had said previously that only a single page was found there.

The latest disclosure is in addition to the discovery of documents found in December in Biden's garage and in November at his former offices at the Penn Biden Center in Washington, from his time as vice president. The apparent mishandling of classified documents and official records from the Obama administration is under investigation by a former U.S. attorney, Robert Hur, who was appointed as a special counsel on Thursday by Attorney General Merrick Garland.

Sauber said in a statement Saturday that Biden's personal lawyers, who did not have security clearances, stopped their search after finding the first page on Wednesday evening. Sauber found the remaining material Thursday, as he was facilitating their retrieval by the Department of Justice.

“While I was transferring it to the DOJ officials who accompanied me, five additional pages with classification markings were discovered among the material with it, for a total of six pages," Sauber said. “The DOJ officials with me immediately took possession of them.”

Sauber has previously said that the White House was "confident that a thorough review will show that these documents were inadvertently misplaced, and the president and his lawyers acted promptly upon discovery of this mistake.”

Sauber's statement did not explain why the White House waited two days to provide an updated accounting of the number of classified records. The White House is already facing scrutiny for waiting more than two months to acknowledge the discovery of the initial group of documents at the Biden office.

On Thursday, asked whether Biden could guarantee that additional classified documents would not turn up in a further search, White House press secretary Karine Jean-Pierre told reporters, “You should assume that it’s been completed, yes.”

Attorney General Merrick Garland has appointed a special counsel to investigate the presence of documents with classified markings found at President Joe Biden’s home in Wilmington, Delaware, and at an office in Washington. (Jan. 12)

Sauber reiterated Saturday that the White House would cooperate with Hur's investigation.

Bob Bauer, the president’s personal lawyer, said his legal team has “attempted to balance the importance of public transparency where appropriate with the established norms and limitations necessary to protect the investigation’s integrity.”

The Justice Department historically imposes a high legal bar before bringing criminal charges in cases involving the mishandling of classified information, with a requirement that someone intended to break the law as opposed to being merely careless or negligent in doing so. The primary statute governing the illegal removal and retention of classified documents makes it a crime to “knowingly” remove classified documents and store them in an unauthorized way.

The circumstances involving Biden, at least as so far known, differ from a separate investigation into the mishandling of classified documents at former President Donald Trump's private club and residence in Florida.

In Trump's case, special counsel Jack Smith is investigating whether anyone sought to obstruct their investigation into the retention of classified records at the Palm Beach estate. Justice Department officials have said Trump's representatives failed to fully comply with a subpoena that sought the return of classified records, prompting agents to return to the home with a search warrant so they could collect additional materials.

___

Associated Press writer Eric Tucker contributed to this report.