Options

#46 President Joe Biden

Comments

• Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,800
    edited January 2023
    maybe its a good idea to have NARA staff on hand sorting documents etc during transitions..... and maybe better real time record keeping of who has what at a given time within the WH, VP house and offices
    Post edited by mickeyrat on
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,148
    edited January 2023
    So let’s talk about the why.

why wouldn’t they have 86’d these docs? Unlike trump where they knew he had them, these seem to have been a surprise.  I think he had them because he was working on his memoire in 2017 and a lot of it was focused on his foreign affairs as vp.  I’m giving him the benefit of the doubt that he simply forgot they were there.  But who flagged them?! To me, that’s very interesting.  No way do I believe they were randomly discovered.  Things in our govt don’t happen that way. 
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,800
    I want to know to what degree of classification and on what subjects generally. That may speak to why.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,298
    edited January 2023
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,014
    This poor guy will probably be single a long time. Variations of this meme pop up for everything.
  • Options

why wouldn’t they have 86’d these docs? Unlike trump where they knew he had them, these seem to have been a surprise.  I think he had them because he was working on his memoire in 2017 and a lot of it was focused on his foreign affairs as vp.  I’m giving him the benefit of the doubt that he simply forgot they were there.  But who flagged them?! To me, that’s very interesting.  No way do I believe they were randomly discovered.  Things in our govt don’t happen that way. 
    Wasn’t it his own private lawyer who flagged the first ones? Which resulted in them checking in other areas.
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,632
    mace1229 said:

Wasn’t it his own private lawyer who flagged the first ones? Which resulted in them checking in other areas.
    Yes,  that was my understanding.  They were moving out of that office and the documents were discovered.  

• Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,969

The random discovery seems very likely to me. Otherwise, like you mentioned, they just would have destroyed them and let it die on the vine.

Hate Biden all you want but he is the type of person that would want it all out in the open regardless of the consequences. 
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,969
    mickeyrat said:
    I want to know to what degree of classification and on what subjects generally. That may speak to why.
    Exactly....it's very likely that the majority of the docs found with Biden and even tRump are low level classifications. STuff labeled classifed but no one would be able to utilize any of the information.

We do know that some of tRump's docs were DoD items I'm pretty sure.

Until we know the exact type for either one it will be hard to judge. Even MSNBC is beating up Biden pretty bad which always makes me want to kick people in the nuts when they say that the left buries "news" that is detrimental to democrats. That's a total crock of shit.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options

The random discovery seems very likely to me. Otherwise, like you mentioned, they just would have destroyed them and let it die on the vine.

Hate Biden all you want but he is the type of person that would want it all out in the open regardless of the consequences. 
    What likely happened is that someone discovered a box.  That person(s) made a phone call to someone in charge who then wisely contacted lawyers to review what was in the box.  Once understood, NARA or the DOJ were likely contacted.  

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,298
    mrussel1 said:

What likely happened is that someone discovered a box.  That person(s) made a phone call to someone in charge who then wisely contacted lawyers to review what was in the box.  Once understood, NARA or the DOJ were likely contacted.  

The White House just invited these conspiracy theories with their botched way of dripping out the info
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,117
    mrussel1 said:

The White House just invited these conspiracy theories with their botched way of dripping out the info

The Biden info came out “apparently” immediately while the trump info was kept secret for eighteen months. Haters gonna make every effort to hate Biden regardless.
  • Options
    No fighting in this thread?  Hmmmph.  I came for some frireworks and all I found was a sparkler...
  • Options
    cblock4lifecblock4life Posts: 1,401
    mrussel1 said:

The Biden info came out “apparently” immediately while the trump info was kept secret for eighteen months. Haters gonna make every effort to hate Biden regardless.
    I’m fairly certain Biden lied prior to his presidency and according to attached his “confused” statements still continue.  
    I’m not saying he’s the worse president ever just saying he’s not the greatest.  

Time will tell the truth but only if we know what documents Biden kept.  

• Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    No fighting in this thread?  Hmmmph.  I came for some frireworks and all I found was a sparkler...
    More of a smoking snake if you ask me.
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

Immediately? Don’t know why “apparently” is in quotes, but nothing about it has been immediate.
  • Options
    My apologies if I missed someone else posting this..but why is Biden’s office being cleaned out two years after he left?  I think whomever was in charge of maintaining classified documents for history is in trouble and that because of the huge mistake they’re now finally looking at what may have been missed in the past.  Just seems strange that two years pass before he decides to have it packed up.  
  • Options
    static111 said:
    More of a smoking snake if you ask me.

YARN  This is the good stuff snakes and sparklers  Joe Dirt  Video  clips by quotes  8efac492
  • Options
    And my guess is that Biden didn’t even remember taking them, which is even scarier.  
  • Options
    My apologies if I missed someone else posting this..but why is Biden’s office being cleaned out two years after he left?  I think whomever was in charge of maintaining classified documents for history is in trouble and that because of the huge mistake they’re now finally looking at what may have been missed in the past.  Just seems strange that two years pass before he decides to have it packed up.  
    I think he has maintained that office until very recently.  It's located in DC and part of the Biden Center.  While it's somewhat unusual for someone to be in gov't, leave, then come back, I don't think there was anything unethical or illegal about having the office while president. 
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,496
    edited January 2023
    nvm
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    I think he has maintained that office until very recently.  It's located in DC and part of the Biden Center.  While it's somewhat unusual for someone to be in gov't, leave, then come back, I don't think there was anything unethical or illegal about having the office while president. 
    The Penn Brandon Center was set up during the lame duck period after POOTWH won the election, that was stolen, and before he left the VP on 1/20. The boxes of files were packed by aides and the files at the Penn Center were left there as he ran for POTUS in the event that he didn't win the election and returned as a guest lecturer or whatever his position was. Aides, typically lawyers because of the sensitive material they handle, discuss, etc. found the files in the closet and reported the incident up the chain, WH Legal Office, who notified National Archives, who contacted DOJ who put the FBI on it. One of the aides/lawyers who examined the boxes and had security clearance to review classified material then went through the box. Upon finding classified material, notified the FBI to take possession. Regardless, a Special Counsel has now been appointed to investigate the matter, as they should. I'll gladly have both Brandon and POOTWH investigated, tried, convicted if guilty and punished. One will be way more severe than the other.

The glaring differences couldn't be more profound. We know about Brandon's documents two months into the kerfluffle. We didn't know about POOTWH's for nine months after the National Archives requested the return of documents that they knew POOTWH had. What were those? Letters from his Korean lover. Why would the National Archives know about those and realize they were missing? Because POOTWH waved them around and bragged about them. Why would the National Archives not know about secret documents possessed by POOTWH or Brandon? Because they're secret and likely not part of their inventory or knowledge. POOTWH's criminal liability lies in not being forthcoming upon request by the National Archives, not returning all of the documents when the FBI asked for them on behalf of NA, having his attorneys subsequently commit perjury when they claimed everything had been returned, which necessitated the FBI raid. Which, upon conducting, found 300 classified documents that hadn't been returned. POOTWH's mistake was not coming clean immediately, which most likely resulted in the intelligence agencies conducting an inventory. Again, I'm not sure the National Archives would automatically know which classified documents or how many a POTUS possessed or reviewed or didn't return. Brandon regularly returns to Delaware for the weekend and works while there. The same cannot be said of POOTWH and Mar-I-Lieo. He barely worked while in the WH, if at all.

There is a long history of government employees who are close to POTUS having documents in their possession after leaving office. Sandy Berger was tried and convicted. Alberto Gonzales was not. Someone else went to prison. The issue seems to me to be one of document control and tracking their possession. Airtag those fuckers or make them returnable after X amount of time to the agency that issued them with the stipulation that if not, the AG will be notified.

Everything POOTWH does is the equivalent of snapping his suit jacket, farting and walking out of the room while everyone else is left to gag and clean up the mess. Brandon and POOTWH are not comparable, not even close.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    The Penn Brandon Center was set up during the lame duck period after POOTWH won the election, that was stolen, and before he left the VP on 1/20. The boxes of files were packed by aides and the files at the Penn Center were left there as he ran for POTUS in the event that he didn't win the election and returned as a guest lecturer or whatever his position was. Aides, typically lawyers because of the sensitive material they handle, discuss, etc. found the files in the closet and reported the incident up the chain, WH Legal Office, who notified National Archives, who contacted DOJ who put the FBI on it. One of the aides/lawyers who examined the boxes and had security clearance to review classified material then went through the box. Upon finding classified material, notified the FBI to take possession. Regardless, a Special Counsel has now been appointed to investigate the matter, as they should. I'll gladly have both Brandon and POOTWH investigated, tried, convicted if guilty and punished. One will be way more severe than the other.

The glaring differences couldn't be more profound. We know about Brandon's documents two months into the kerfluffle. We didn't know about POOTWH's for nine months after the National Archives requested the return of documents that they knew POOTWH had. What were those? Letters from his Korean lover. Why would the National Archives know about those and realize they were missing? Because POOTWH waved them around and bragged about them. Why would the National Archives not know about secret documents possessed by POOTWH or Brandon? Because they're secret and likely not part of their inventory or knowledge. POOTWH's criminal liability lies in not being forthcoming upon request by the National Archives, not returning all of the documents when the FBI asked for them on behalf of NA, having his attorneys subsequently commit perjury when they claimed everything had been returned, which necessitated the FBI raid. Which, upon conducting, found 300 classified documents that hadn't been returned. POOTWH's mistake was not coming clean immediately, which most likely resulted in the intelligence agencies conducting an inventory. Again, I'm not sure the National Archives would automatically know which classified documents or how many a POTUS possessed or reviewed or didn't return. Brandon regularly returns to Delaware for the weekend and works while there. The same cannot be said of POOTWH and Mar-I-Lieo. He barely worked while in the WH, if at all.

There is a long history of government employees who are close to POTUS having documents in their possession after leaving office. Sandy Berger was tried and convicted. Alberto Gonzales was not. Someone else went to prison. The issue seems to me to be one of document control and tracking their possession. Airtag those fuckers or make them returnable after X amount of time to the agency that issued them with the stipulation that if not, the AG will be notified.

Everything POOTWH does is the equivalent of snapping his suit jacket, farting and walking out of the room while everyone else is left to gag and clean up the mess. Brandon and POOTWH are not comparable, not even close.
    First, that was funny.  Second, I agree that trump is possibly the most disgusting human on earth.  Third, my feelings about Biden are he’s not the greatest president ever, but he is a fantastic politician.  He knows the job, he surrounds himself with intelligent individuals who know what they’re doing, but he’s still creepy.  Fucking fantastic politician though.  
    Fourth, you’ve got to have an inside connection cause you know way too much. Teasing of course.  
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    Thanks for answering!  
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,550
    That's what she said 
  • Options
    Another difference -

with trump there was a list.  The SS and FBI and archives all knew what he had, where it was, and that the secret service was providing security for it.  With the Big Guy, the docs seem to be wherever he last dropped them.  He never had declassification authority, he apparently doesn’t even know what docs he had kept or where they were yet there wasn’t a peep about national security issues like there were with trump.  Is it because they never trust Joe with things of nat’l security or is it because he’s a democrat.

This is just being sanitized, it is in every way as big a problem as trumps was/is.
    Ummm, no.

Trust me, man. Don't get your hopes up. This isn't going to turn out the way you'd like. I would refer you to a reputable news organization. This whole situation just shows the world how a normal president is supposed to handle things and how Trump handles things. Sorry. 
    Don’t be sorry.  I’m as confused as you are.  I mean, it doesn’t add up.  Somehow the receipts of him having these docs was leaked  because they popped up somewhere where they couldn’t be kept quiet anymore.  He had them for 6 years and no one cared. Then suddenly his lawyers go digging through the stuff in an old office he hadn’t been in in years and turned them over so he could be viewed as the good guy?  Too weird.  They prob would have just shredded the damn things if it hadnt come out somewhere bad that he had them.

there’s reports out that these docs were classified such that they could only be viewed in a SCIF- meaning no one had permission to remove them.  I’m not going all anti trump style and saying they were nuke codes lol, but we do know they are about Ukraine and Iran.  
    I'm not confused. Even Trump said last summer that sometimes classified documents get mixed into personal belongings. What's good is the president and his lawyers did the right thing and alerted the far left communist group known as the National Archives right away. What would have been bad is to not say anything, or lie about having them, or refusing to return them because, ya know, that could imply criminal intent. 

Like I said, stark contrast in the right way and the Trump way of handling things. Good for everyone to see. 
    The problem is that no one cares how it was handled, that’s silly and for media presentation.  

The fact is that in one case trump was a douche, had docs that everyone knew he had (they were being protected) but wouldn’t turn them over.  Trump unfortunately for those who hate him, had the power to declassify absolutely anything. So anyone who tries to make a crime out of possession is going to come up against the airtight defense of “I declassified everything I removed to Mar A Lago.”  That’s why he hasn’t been charged- leaving the accusation in the air is FAR more valuable than a prosecution that would surely end in his favor.

on the other hand you have a vice president who had no authority to possess classified documents so he’s already looking at the slammer, and don’t expect Barry to step forward and announce that he declassified them, the two don’t like each other.

VP’s only have secret service protection for a few months after they leave office vs trump who has it for life.  So the docs found in Delaware were unsecured from sometime in 2017 to when he become president around late January 2021.

You should get off the pipe. Or call Bull Durham. He’ll get to the bottom of it.
    Well we can be sure, unlike during bull durhams probe, and more like a democrat probe like Mueller, there’ll be a few leaks a week for us to enjoy!
    Would you agree with both Brandon and POOTWH being investigated and if a grand jury determines a crime had been committed, for them both to be tried, and if convicted, suffer whatever penalty the law and circumstances allow? Would you settle for that?
    Absolutely.  That is how the system is supposed to work.
    And yet you’re making excuses for POOTWH, making claims that are not accurate in his defence and were mostly silent on here during the Mar-I-Lieo storm trooper raid, confiscation and panty sniffing. Why is that?
    So what? You asked me a question and I answered it.  I can come on here when I want to, and haven’t had the time for ages until about a week ago.  Finally hired some folks so I’m not working 80 hour weeks currently anymore.
    Making excuses and making shit up, so what? The inability to see why the two individuals and the circumstances involved are vastly different, so what? Ya know, I once had a boss tell me that if you need/have to work more than 40 hours a week, you’re doing something wrong. But to my first two points, this is why ‘Murica is fucked.
    making shit up.  You mean like Russia Dillusion? Lol, if I wanted to talk about trump I’d probably post in the trump thread.  There is one, you know- you can go post there if you choose to.  We’re in the Pudding thread. This is the thread where we’re talking about the guy who called Trump irresponsible for having classified documents at Mar A Lago which were protected by secret service agents while he then had them in his own garage the whole time.

Interesting how the right thinks Russia was fake news?

Is this because Mueller was strong armed by Barr not to prosecute? You know that Putin did help and trump did ask for help? What’s more needed to prove the connection as immoral?

Anyways, please read the attached and enjoy. It’s about the mystery of Santos, who won a House seat that was democrat for twenty years, and after flipping the seat, the times found out everything on his resume was a lie, and was unable to determine how he raised $700k.

Now the post is reporting he has close ties to and received funding from a Russian oligarch. Surprise.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2023/01/16/george-santos-andrew-intrater-columbus-nova/

• Options
    Another difference -

with trump there was a list.  The SS and FBI and archives all knew what he had, where it was, and that the secret service was providing security for it.  With the Big Guy, the docs seem to be wherever he last dropped them.  He never had declassification authority, he apparently doesn’t even know what docs he had kept or where they were yet there wasn’t a peep about national security issues like there were with trump.  Is it because they never trust Joe with things of nat’l security or is it because he’s a democrat.

This is just being sanitized, it is in every way as big a problem as trumps was/is.
    Ummm, no.

Trust me, man. Don't get your hopes up. This isn't going to turn out the way you'd like. I would refer you to a reputable news organization. This whole situation just shows the world how a normal president is supposed to handle things and how Trump handles things. Sorry. 
    Don’t be sorry.  I’m as confused as you are.  I mean, it doesn’t add up.  Somehow the receipts of him having these docs was leaked  because they popped up somewhere where they couldn’t be kept quiet anymore.  He had them for 6 years and no one cared. Then suddenly his lawyers go digging through the stuff in an old office he hadn’t been in in years and turned them over so he could be viewed as the good guy?  Too weird.  They prob would have just shredded the damn things if it hadnt come out somewhere bad that he had them.

there’s reports out that these docs were classified such that they could only be viewed in a SCIF- meaning no one had permission to remove them.  I’m not going all anti trump style and saying they were nuke codes lol, but we do know they are about Ukraine and Iran.  
    I'm not confused. Even Trump said last summer that sometimes classified documents get mixed into personal belongings. What's good is the president and his lawyers did the right thing and alerted the far left communist group known as the National Archives right away. What would have been bad is to not say anything, or lie about having them, or refusing to return them because, ya know, that could imply criminal intent. 

Like I said, stark contrast in the right way and the Trump way of handling things. Good for everyone to see. 
    The problem is that no one cares how it was handled, that’s silly and for media presentation.  

The fact is that in one case trump was a douche, had docs that everyone knew he had (they were being protected) but wouldn’t turn them over.  Trump unfortunately for those who hate him, had the power to declassify absolutely anything. So anyone who tries to make a crime out of possession is going to come up against the airtight defense of “I declassified everything I removed to Mar A Lago.”  That’s why he hasn’t been charged- leaving the accusation in the air is FAR more valuable than a prosecution that would surely end in his favor.

on the other hand you have a vice president who had no authority to possess classified documents so he’s already looking at the slammer, and don’t expect Barry to step forward and announce that he declassified them, the two don’t like each other.

VP’s only have secret service protection for a few months after they leave office vs trump who has it for life.  So the docs found in Delaware were unsecured from sometime in 2017 to when he become president around late January 2021.

You should get off the pipe. Or call Bull Durham. He’ll get to the bottom of it.
    Well we can be sure, unlike during bull durhams probe, and more like a democrat probe like Mueller, there’ll be a few leaks a week for us to enjoy!
    Would you agree with both Brandon and POOTWH being investigated and if a grand jury determines a crime had been committed, for them both to be tried, and if convicted, suffer whatever penalty the law and circumstances allow? Would you settle for that?
    Absolutely.  That is how the system is supposed to work.
    And yet you’re making excuses for POOTWH, making claims that are not accurate in his defence and were mostly silent on here during the Mar-I-Lieo storm trooper raid, confiscation and panty sniffing. Why is that?
    So what? You asked me a question and I answered it.  I can come on here when I want to, and haven’t had the time for ages until about a week ago.  Finally hired some folks so I’m not working 80 hour weeks currently anymore.
    Making excuses and making shit up, so what? The inability to see why the two individuals and the circumstances involved are vastly different, so what? Ya know, I once had a boss tell me that if you need/have to work more than 40 hours a week, you’re doing something wrong. But to my first two points, this is why ‘Murica is fucked.
    making shit up.  You mean like Russia Dillusion? Lol, if I wanted to talk about trump I’d probably post in the trump thread.  There is one, you know- you can go post there if you choose to.  We’re in the Pudding thread. This is the thread where we’re talking about the guy who called Trump irresponsible for having classified documents at Mar A Lago which were protected by secret service agents while he then had them in his own garage the whole time.

Interesting how the right thinks Russia was fake news?

Is this because Mueller was strong armed by Barr not to prosecute? You know that Putin did help and trump did ask for help? What’s more needed to prove the connection as immoral?

Anyways, please read the attached and enjoy. It’s about the mystery of Santos, who won a House seat that was democrat for twenty years, and after flipping the seat, the times found out everything on his resume was a lie, and was unable to determine how he raised $700k.

Now the post is reporting he has close ties to and received funding from a Russian oligarch. Surprise.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2023/01/16/george-santos-andrew-intrater-columbus-nova/

I'll help him out a little in case he doesn't read the GOP thread, where I posted the details of your link.

New details link George Santos to cousin of sanctioned Russian oligarch

The New York congressman once claimed Andrew Intrater’s company was his “client,” while another Intrater company allegedly made a deposit with a firm where Santos worked

George Santos, the freshman Republican congressman from New York who lied about his biography, has deeper ties than previously known to a businessman who cultivated close links with a onetime Trump confidant and who is the cousin of a sanctioned Russian oligarch, according to video footage and court documents.

Andrew Intrater and his wife each gave the maximum $5,800 to Santos’ main campaign committee and tens of thousands more since 2020 to committees linked to him, according to filings with the Federal Election Commission. Intrater’s cousin is Russian billionaire Viktor Vekselberg, who has been sanctioned by the U.S. government for his role in the Russian energy industry.

The relationship between Santos and Intrater goes beyond campaign contributions, according to a statement made privately by Santos in 2020 and a court filing the following year in a lawsuit brought by the Securities and Exchange Commission against a Florida-based investment firm, Harbor City Capital, where Santos worked for more than a year.

Taken together, the evidence suggests Santos may have had a business relationship with Intrater as Santos was first entering politics in 2020. It also shows, according to the SEC filing, that Intrater put hundreds of thousands of dollars into Santos’ onetime employer, Harbor City, which was accused by regulators of running a Ponzi scheme. Neither Santos nor Intrater responded to requests for comment. Attorneys who have represented Intrater also did not respond.

The congressman, whose electionfrom Long Island last year helped the GOP secure its narrow House majority, has apologized for what he called “résumé embellishment” while rebuffing calls for his resignation. He is under scrutiny by prosecutors in New York and Rio de Janeiro.

Ties between Santos, 34, and Intrater, 60, reflect the ways Santos found personal and political support on his path to public office.

Follow the money. For those who wonder about how 5 seats in NY were flipped. One down, four to go. There needs to be a thorough investigation of where the repubs get their campaign finance money from, from Moscow Mitchy Baby on down to Stefanik. Every single one of them.

Columbus Nova became a subject of interest for the Mueller investigation as prosecutors probed the ties forged by Intrater and his company with Cohen, a confidant of Trump’s at the time.

Intrater donated $250,000 to Trump’s inaugural committee, according to campaign finance records, and attended the 2017 inaugural, along with Vekselberg. The Washington Post has reported that the two men encountered Cohen at the inauguration. Not long after, Columbus Nova began paying Cohen as part of a contract to recruit new investors for the company, The Post reported. Court records show the payments totaled $583,000.

Court records also show that Cohen and Intrater exchanged more than 1,000 calls and text messages between November 2016 and November 2017. Intrater donated $35,000 to attend a 2017 fundraiser for Trump’s reelection, attending at Cohen’s invitation, The Post has reported.

Federal officials questioned both Intrater and Vekselberg during the probe, interviewing the latter after his private airplane made a stop in the United States in 2018, people familiar with the investigation said.

Cohen ultimately pleaded guilty to campaign finance violations, tax and bank fraud and lying to Congress — matters unrelated to his interactions with Columbus Nova. Intrater told the New York Times in 2019 that his omission from Mueller’s final report “confirms what I knew all along — that I’ve done nothing wrong.”

Cohen later turned on Trump, criticizing him in a 2019 congressional hearing and cooperating with investigations into his former boss’ business practices.

Vekselberg and his company, Renova, were sanctioned by the Treasury Department in April 2018, cited for benefiting from Russian President Vladimir Putin’s “malign activity around the globe.” In April 2022, following Russia’s invasion of Ukraine, Vekselberg’s $90 million yacht was seized by Spanish authorities at the request of the United States.

Columbus Nova has long been described as closely associated with the Renova Group, a Russian conglomerate run by Vekselberg. As recently as 2017, a website for Renova Group listed Columbus Nova as one of its companies, and Columbus Nova confirmed to The Post in 2018 that Vekselberg’s conglomerate was at that time its largest client. However, the firm said at the time that it was owned by Americans and had never been controlled by Renova Group or Vekselberg.

09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    thanks Hal, I forgot rule 1, I will never beat you or Mick to a news story.
  • Options
    thanks Hal, I forgot rule 1, I will never beat you or Mick to a news story.
    I think the bigger story is deeper than Santaria. Remember, Maria Buttina infiltrated the NRA, as 2016 was their largest political campaign donations in history. There's no way George is the only one who received putin on the ritz's largess or that it only happened in this campaign cycle. Get the jump on me and beat me to that story. Seems Team Mueller was sniffing around that corner before Bill DISbarred shut the whole thing down and mischaracterized Team Mueller's findings in his 4 page Russia, Russia, Russia Delusion for Dummies report.

Brilliantati©