Options

#46 President Joe Biden

Comments

• Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,986
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    I'm not taking side here but I honestly want to know, what is it about Brittney Griner to refer to her as "represents the best America — the best about America"?

Honest question.  Anyone?

You’d have look at her life prior to getting arrested for basically an extract of weed! Was she a great student? Def a great athlete! Was she ever arrested before? I haven’t look deep into her life but I bet she was a good American citizen! 

And very possibly so but taking weed extract into Russia does not indicate a lot of smarts.  Great athlete, yes, for sure. 

But I still question what make her the best America has to offer.  I am suspicious of such a claim as being more a political move than an accurate statement. 

I would list Mike McCready as a better candidate for such a statement. 
    So Brittany Griner was one of those that wouldn't stand for the anthem.  She is/has and will get a lot of shit for that.  She does not represent the best America.  Who even said that?

I'm glad she is freed though.  Sucks for anyone to be locked up abroad.  Hopefully she is smarter next time she packs.
    The Shit-4-brains President said that..
    One would hope she would now stand for the anthem after experiencing what real oppression looks and feels like…

honestly there are bigger issues in this country. hardly anybody actually gives a shit about whether someone stands for the national anthem or not. those people that do are just creating a wedge issue that literally no democrats care about. the anthem being played at sporting events is a stupid tradition anyway.
    exactly....I just saw my first "war on christmas" post from Fox

They are attacking parents that don't want their kids to believe in Santa Claus because they feel like they are lying to them.

Which they are
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,678
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    I'm not taking side here but I honestly want to know, what is it about Brittney Griner to refer to her as "represents the best America — the best about America"?

You’d have look at her life prior to getting arrested for basically an extract of weed! Was she a great student? Def a great athlete! Was she ever arrested before? I haven’t look deep into her life but I bet she was a good American citizen! 

And very possibly so but taking weed extract into Russia does not indicate a lot of smarts.  Great athlete, yes, for sure. 

But I still question what make her the best America has to offer.  I am suspicious of such a claim as being more a political move than an accurate statement. 

So Brittany Griner was one of those that wouldn't stand for the anthem.  She is/has and will get a lot of shit for that.  She does not represent the best America.  Who even said that?

I'm glad she is freed though.  Sucks for anyone to be locked up abroad.  Hopefully she is smarter next time she packs.
    One would hope she would now stand for the anthem after experiencing what real oppression looks and feels like…

So what's worse,  not standing for the anthem or being dishonorably discharged for theft in Iraq?
  • Options

Not standing for the anthem is every American's right. It's right there in the 1st Amendment. 

Why do so many conservatives hate freedom of speech? 
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,880
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:

like a black woman in america doesnt already know......

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,312
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:

Damn lady you are def a deplorable human! Do you address all elder folks like that is your father a shit for brains elder or your mother or aunt or uncle! The facts are that the previous president was a total deplorable human being! Go ahead post just one good human trait he possesses I’ll be here waiting! One day you too will be an elder person I hope no one ever calls you shit for brains..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,312
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:

I’ve never walked in a black man/women shoes specially a lesbian woman! I have zero problem with anyone not standing for the Anthem! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:

like a black woman in america doesnt already know......

No shit! 

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,315
    mrussel1 said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:

So what's worse,  not standing for the anthem or being dishonorably discharged for theft in Iraq?
    Shhhhhhh.....her right wing "news" outlets did not tell her about that.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,126
    I don’t think we should have traded that man for either Griner or Whelan. 

Whelan was dishonorably discharged right? So why do people refer to him as a marine?

hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    edited December 2022

Whelan was dishonorably discharged right? So why do people refer to him as a marine?

Because it fits their narrative in comparing him to a black lesbian who kneeled for a song. 

And kudos to you for your reasonable take. God speed!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    My FB feed is all up on hating Biden and not bringing the Marine back.  They have zero idea that he was Dishonorably discharged and if he was it was just a CIA ruse because he was decorated beforehand.

Crazy shit man.  People do not read and when they do they change the rules.
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    My FB feed is all up on hating Biden and not bringing the Marine back.  They have zero idea that he was Dishonorably discharged and if he was it was just a CIA ruse because he was decorated beforehand.

Crazy shit man.  People do not read and when they do they change the rules.
    Well I bet they are reading and consumer some "news"....but it is from sources that are simply leaving that information out to push their narrative. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

yeah and discharged for attempting to steal $10K or something

If he was framed by the Russians I think they would have given him up by now.

• Options
    So, why would a dishonourably discharged ex marine turned corporate security chief possess passports from four different nations and keep them all current?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    So, why would a dishonourably discharged ex marine turned corporate security chief possess passports from four different nations and keep them all current?
    And it would make total sense for the CIA to say they had no idea who he was.

• Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,561
    edited December 2022

Because facts, like provable data and numbers, are anathema to the QtRUmplican horde.
    Post edited by Bentleyspop on
  • Options

yeah and discharged for attempting to steal $10K or something

If he was framed by the Russians I think they would have given him up by now.
    That's exactly right.  
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,179
    dude's own brother said that biden made the right deal to get at least one american home.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,829

Because it fits their narrative in comparing him to a black lesbian who kneeled for a song. 

It's not that simple.

Oh, wait. It is.

Per social media, anyway, there are a lot of people who didn't hide their glee that she was going to spend nearly a decade in prison because of the kneeling (the race and orientation elements being a bit more difficult to get away with stating).

The "fuck your feelings" crowd really hates it when someone exercises certain First Amendment rights.

I'm not expert on international prison swapping so I'm choosing to be glad she's back.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    people bring up the dishonorable discharge but not the guilty plea on domestic abuse, wish both got home but to slander one for faults and not the other is weird. no one perfect.

SHOW COUNT: (149) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=89, US=109, CAN=15, Europe=19 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:  Sacramento, Vegas x2, Manchester, London, Chicago x2, NYC x2, Fenway x2, Ohana x2  Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• Options
    See? I told you so.

Opinion  The suppression of Hunter Biden’s laptop is a huge scandal

Opinion | The suppression of Hunter Biden’s laptop is a huge scandal - The Washington Post
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,655
    edited December 2022
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:

I'll take a stab at it. Maybe its her ability to overcome growing up black, female and lesbian, having been rejected by her father upon coming out and still rising above to become the best female basketball player in college and the WNBA and a two-time Olympic gold champion, despite her personal flaws of breaking an opponent's nose, domestic violence conviction and divorce and pot smoking? Maybe its because she's trying to mentor youth and break the mold to make it easier for the next generation (you see the hostility here to her, imagine how she must feel?) and for taking a stand for a cause she believes in, protesting the national anthem during the Briona Taylor and George Floyd protests, whether you agree with her or not, and exercising her freedom of speech and giving voice to those with none. At any point she could have just walked away and gone back to where many Americans expect her to go, back in "her place." She could have walked away from it all and forever. But she didn't. Maybe its the courage to stand up and speak truth to power and fight for her right to be who she is and do the things that many of us take for granted or have no obstacles in our path, like being recognized and respected for who you are? Maybe she's just another strong black woman in a long line of them?

Does she represent the "best of America?" I'm not sure but given her background and who she is, she's accomplished a lot and she's flawed, like everyone is, and an American that people can be proud of. I'm happy that she'll be home for Christmas.
    @Indifference

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    jimjam1982jimjam1982 AZ Posts: 1,250

This is the proper take.  You don't negotiate with terrorists (the russians).  You most certainly don't free a terrorist for individuals of little to no value (Whelan and Griner).  They should have executed Bout years ago for his crimes against humanity.
  • Options

This is the proper take.  You don't negotiate with terrorists (the russians).  You most certainly don't free a terrorist for individuals of little to no value (Whelan and Griner).  They should have executed Bout years ago for his crimes against humanity.
    I don't think it's practical to say you don't negotiate with Russia.  Realpoitik.
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,179
    mrussel1 said:

I don't think it's practical to say you don't negotiate with Russia.  Realpoitik.
    it is a nice movie catchphrase.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options

so do tell which American citizens you consider to be of value to negotiate for in a given circumstance.

Wonder if I would make the cut.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options

Do you invite them into the Oval Office? Or accept gifts from them? Maybe sell them condos in Florida and NYC for an inflated value?

Brilliantati©
  • Options

'I want to talk': Griner opened up during her long trip home
    By SEUNG MIN KIM
    Today

WASHINGTON (AP) — WNBA star Brittney Griner didn’t want any alone time as soon as she boarded a U.S. government plane that would bring her home.

“I have been in prison for 10 months now, listening to Russian. I want to talk,” Griner said, according to Roger Carstens, the special presidential envoy for hostage affairs, who helped secure the basketball star’s release and bring her back to the U.S. last week.

She then asked Carstens, referring to others on the plane: "But, first of all, who are these guys?”

“And she moved right past me and went to every member on that crew, looked them in the eyes, shook their hands and asked about them, got their names, making a personal connection with them,” Carstens recalled in an interview on CNN's “State of the Union.” “It was really amazing.”

Ultimately, Griner spent about 12 hours of an 18-hour flight talking with others on the plane, Carstens said. The two-time Olympic gold medalist and Phoenix Mercury pro basketball star spoke about her time in the Russian penal colony and her months in captivity, Carstens recalled, although he declined to go into specific details.

“I was left with the impression this is an intelligent, passionate, compassionate, humble, interesting person, a patriotic person,” Carstens said. “But above all, authentic. I hate the fact that I had to meet her in this manner, but I actually felt blessed having had a chance to get to know her.”

Although Griner is undergoing a full medical and mental evaluation, Carstens said she appeared “full of energy, looked fantastic.”

Griner, who also played pro basketball in Russia, was arrested at Moscow’s Sheremetyevo Airport in February after Russian authorities said she was carrying vape canisters with cannabis oil. The U.S. State Department declared Griner to be “wrongfully detained” — a charge that Russia has sharply rejected.

President Joe Biden announced on Thursday that the U.S. had secured Griner's release. In exchange, the administration offered Russia the release of notorious arms dealer Viktor Bout, who had been serving a 25-year sentence on charges that he conspired to sell tens of millions of dollars in weapons that U.S officials said were to be used against Americans.

But the U.S. was unable to secure the freedom of Paul Whelan, who has been held in Russia for nearly four years. Administration officials have stressed repeatedly that they are still working to release Whelan, whom Russian officials have jailed on espionage charges that both his family and the U.S. government say are baseless.

“They hold Mr. Whelan differently because of these espionage charges,” John Kirby, a spokesman for the National Security Council, said Sunday on ABC's “This Week.” “So we’re working through that now. We are now more informed, clearly having gone through this process over the last few months. We’re more informed. We have a better sense of the context here, where the Russia’s expectations are and we’re just going to keep working on it.”

Carstens, the U.S. government’s top hostage negotiator, said “there's always cards” to play in securing an offer for Whelan and said he spoke with the jailed American on Friday.

“Here’s what I told him. I said, ‘Paul, you have the commitment of this president. The president’s focused. The secretary of state’s focused. I’m certainly focused, and we’re going to bring you home,’” Carstens said. “And I reminded him, I said, ‘Paul, when you were in the Marines, and I was in the Army, they always reminded you, keep the faith.’ And I said, ‘Keep the faith. We’re coming to get you.’”

• Options
    mickeyrat said:

so do tell which American citizens you consider to be of value to negotiate for in a given circumstance.

Wonder if I would make the cut.
    Yeah....what the fuck? haha
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    this didnt start with Biden obviously. This man's tenure with BoP should be ended by him... And fuck his pension to

By MICHAEL R. SISAK and MICHAEL BALSAMO
    9 Dec 2022

The prison staff didn’t know much about the new acting warden. Then, they say, he made a bizarre and startling confession: Years ago, he beat inmates — and got away with it.

Thomas Ray Hinkle, a high-ranking federal Bureau of Prisons official, was sent to restore order and trust at a women’s prison wracked by a deplorable scandal. Instead, workers say, he left the federal lockup in Dublin, California, even more broken.

Staff saw Hinkle as a bully and regarded his presence there — just after allegations that the previous warden and other employees sexually assaulted inmates — as hypocrisy from an agency that was publicly pledging to end its abusive, corrupt culture.

So at a staff meeting in March, they confronted the then-director of the Bureau of Prisons and asked: Why, instead of firing Hinkle years ago, was the agency keen to keep promoting him?

“That’s something we’ve got to look into,” Michael Carvajal responded, according to people in the room.

Three months later, the Bureau of Prisons promoted Hinkle again, putting him in charge of 20 federal prisons and 21,000 inmates from Utah to Hawaii as acting western regional director. Among them: Dublin.

___

continues.....