Options

#46 President Joe Biden

Comments

• Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,312
    I don't care what either family thinks.  I'm looking at the situation.   After how many months of negotiating we took the deal we got offered in the first hour of negotiations.   Miserable failure, and not sure how someone in jail longer in Russia for the same crime is still sitting there.  

Of course the family is going to say they are happy she is back.  Nobody wants any of them over there.   If they broke the law then they should serve some punishment over there, but not Russian punishment.  
    How are you so sure that this administration is done negotiating the release of any other captive Americans? Please point us to when this administration stated that they are done negotiating? 
    He keeps saying same crime too. 9 year term verses 14 year term tells me the two are not quite the same....
    Not the same in Russia’s eyes maybe.  
    So go ahead point me to when this administration stated that they are done negotiating the release of any other American captives? Will be here waiting 
    Why wait?

White House says it will continue to negotiate for Whelan’s release 

White House press secretary Karine Jean-Pierre told reporters Thursday that the administration will continue working to secure Paul Whelan’s release, saying that Russia was not willing to reach an agreement on his release.

Russia, she said, was willing only to let Brittney Griner go in exchange for the Russian arms dealer Viktor Bout.

Whelan has been made aware that Griner was released, Jean-Pierre added.

“This was not a choice for us on which American to bring home,” Jean-Pierre said. “That was not the choice. It was a choice between bringing home one American or bringing home none.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/2022/12/08/brittney-griner-freed-russia-viktor-bout/

But you know he’s old senile total failure! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,547
    Yeah, the negotiating has gone so well thus far for the two people (likely more) that were there longer than Griner.  But 16 grams is a huge difference even though the US was willing to let go of an arms dealer. We couldn’t budge Russia off 16 grams but they got us to budge off an arms dealer.

Laughable some of you are even suggesting that these other ones are getting out any time soon or before their sentences.  Love to be wrong but those prisoners aren’t leaving Russia until Putin is out or we play Russia’s game and capture someone to trade.
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,986
    Yeah, the negotiating has gone so well thus far for the two people (likely more) that were there longer than Griner.  But 16 grams is a huge difference even though the US was willing to let go of an arms dealer. We couldn’t budge Russia off 16 grams but they got us to budge off an arms dealer.

Laughable some of you are even suggesting that these other ones are getting out any time soon or before their sentences.  Love to be wrong but those prisoners aren’t leaving Russia until Putin is out or we play Russia’s game and capture someone to trade.
    an arms dealer that has been in a US prison for 14 years
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,759
    brianlux said:
    I'm not taking side here but I honestly want to know, what is it about Brittney Griner to refer to her as "represents the best America — the best about America"?

Honest question.  Anyone?

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,315

an arms dealer that has been in a US prison for 14 years
    Take it easy. We all know Biden wanted a big political win after the election ended. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    I'm not taking side here but I honestly want to know, what is it about Brittney Griner to refer to her as "represents the best America — the best about America"?

You’d have look at her life prior to getting arrested for basically an extract of weed! Was she a great student? Def a great athlete! Was she ever arrested before? I haven’t look deep into her life but I bet she was a good American citizen! 
  • Options
    JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,975
    DeSantis 2024!
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Options
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:

You’d have look at her life prior to getting arrested for basically an extract of weed! Was she a great student? Def a great athlete! Was she ever arrested before? I haven’t look deep into her life but I bet she was a good American citizen! 

And very possibly so but taking weed extract into Russia does not indicate a lot of smarts.  Great athlete, yes, for sure. 

But I still question what make her the best America has to offer.  I am suspicious of such a claim as being more a political move than an accurate statement. 

I would list Mike McCready as a better candidate for such a statement. 
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:

And very possibly so but taking weed extract into Russia does not indicate a lot of smarts.  Great athlete, yes, for sure. 

But I still question what make her the best America has to offer.  I am suspicious of such a claim as being more a political move than an accurate statement. 

I’m not sure what other statement to describe her would be fitting? In a situation like this! An administration that represents an American president negotiated the release by default its political..
  • Options
    JojoRice said:
    DeSantis 2024!
    hahaha....cannot wait to watch republicans eat themselves alive in the next couple years. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,450
    I don't care what either family thinks.  I'm looking at the situation.   After how many months of negotiating we took the deal we got offered in the first hour of negotiations.   Miserable failure, and not sure how someone in jail longer in Russia for the same crime is still sitting there.  

Of course the family is going to say they are happy she is back.  Nobody wants any of them over there.   If they broke the law then they should serve some punishment over there, but not Russian punishment.  
    How are you so sure that this administration is done negotiating the release of any other captive Americans? Please point us to when this administration stated that they are done negotiating? 
    He keeps saying same crime too. 9 year term verses 14 year term tells me the two are not quite the same....
    So go ahead point me to when this administration stated that they are done negotiating the release of any other American captives? Will be here waiting 
    Why wait?

White House press secretary Karine Jean-Pierre told reporters Thursday that the administration will continue working to secure Paul Whelan’s release, saying that Russia was not willing to reach an agreement on his release.

Russia, she said, was willing only to let Brittney Griner go in exchange for the Russian arms dealer Viktor Bout.

“This was not a choice for us on which American to bring home,” Jean-Pierre said. “That was not the choice. It was a choice between bringing home one American or bringing home none.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/2022/12/08/brittney-griner-freed-russia-viktor-bout/

PLEASE read this(Bold & Italic especially)( I've been saying the same, as I was reading some of the Comments)

A deal can only be made that BOTH sides agree on. That's Common sense?
  • Options
    cutz said:

Why wait?

PLEASE read this(Bold & Italic especially)( I've been saying the same, as I was reading some of the Comments)

A deal can only be made that BOTH sides agree on. That's Common sense?
    They all pine for the greatest negotiator and deal maker of all time, POOTWH.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,175

I have no doubt that the US is trying to get the others back.

I just find this particular deal utterly pathetic on the US’s part.  It should have been a 3 for 1 trade.  We gonna hand over bombs next time, because that is basically what we did this time and only got one of many American prisoners back.

I am surprised some of you don’t expect more from your government.   If you criticize Biden here you are automatically labeled MAGA.   
    dude i said earlier. in negotiation you get half of what you really want, or you get 100% of nothin.

i'd rather have something than nothing.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    With so much of Brandon losing, its really difficult to determine what the next fauxrage will be. I mean, anything to take POOTWH and the repubs' colossal, epic, mid-term election and Hershal Crawler failures off the front page, eh?

First it was Afghanistan. Then it was Hunter's laptop. Then it was CRT. Then it was Hunter's laptop. Then it was the crisis at the border. Then it was Hunter's laptop. Then it was the gays. Then it was Hunter's laptop. Then it was caravans. Then it was Hunter's laptop. Then it was the gays. Then it was Hunter's laptop. Then it was supply chain issues.  Then it was Hunter's laptop. Then it was the gays. Then it was Hunter's laptop. Then it was the price of gas. Then it was Hunter's laptop. Then it was the gays.  Then it was Hunter's laptop. Then it was inflation. Then it was Hunter's laptop. Then it was the gays. Then it was Hunter's laptop. Then it was the gays. Now it's Brittney. Tomorrow it'll be the gays and Hunter's laptop.

House passes landmark legislation to protect same-sex, interracial marriages

The House on Thursday passed landmark legislation that would enshrine marriage equality in federal law, granting protections to same-sex and interracial couples and clearing the way for President Biden’s signature.

“Today, Congress sends the Respect for Marriage Act to the president’s desk, a glorious triumph of love and freedom,” said House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.), quoting the gay rights activist Edith Windsor in comparing marriage to magic. “This legislation honors that magic, protecting it from bigoted extremism, defending the inviolability of the same-sex and interracial marriages.”

The House had already passed an earlier version of the Respect for Marriage Act in July, but the Senate delayed its vote on the bill until after the midterm elections. Late last month, the Senate passed the bill with a bipartisan amendment to allay some Republicans’ concerns about religious liberty. The amended bill passed the Senate in a 61-36 vote, with 12 Republican senators joining Democrats in favor of it.

n a 258-169 vote, the House on Thursday passed the bill with the amendment, which clarifies that the federal government would not be authorized to recognize polygamous marriages and confirms that nonprofit religious organizations would not be required to provide “any services, facilities, or goods for the solemnization or celebration of a marriage.” Thirty-nine Republicans joined all Democrats in supporting the measure.

At a bill enrollment ceremony after the vote, members of the House and Senate celebrated as Pelosi (D-Calif.) and Senate Majority Leader Charles E. Schumer (D-N.Y.) signed and formalized the bill’s passage.

“We can put to rest the worries of millions of loving couples who are concerned that someday an activist Supreme Court may take their rights and freedoms away,” said Sen. Tammy Baldwin (D-Wis.), the first openly gay person elected to the Senate. “We are giving these loving couples the certainty that their marriages are legal and that they will continue to have the same rights and responsibilities and benefits of every other married couple.”

Biden has signaled his support, saying that ensuring federal protections for marriage equality is among his legislative priorities in Congress’s lame-duck session.

“The House’s bipartisan passage of the Respect for Marriage Act — by a significant margin — will give peace of mind to millions of LGBTQI+ and interracial couples who are now guaranteed the rights and protections to which they and their children are entitled,” Biden said in a statement after the House passed the bill. He added that after the Supreme Court in June ended the right to abortion after nearly 50 years, “Congress has restored a measure of security to millions of marriages and families. They have also provided hope and dignity to millions of young people across this country who can grow up knowing that their government will recognize and respect the families they build.”

House passes landmark legislation to protect same-sex marriage - The Washington Post

09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:

I'll take a stab at it. Maybe its her ability to overcome growing up black, female and lesbian, having been rejected by her father upon coming out and still rising above to become the best female basketball player in college and the WNBA and a two-time Olympic gold champion, despite her personal flaws of breaking an opponent's nose, domestic violence conviction and divorce and pot smoking? Maybe its because she's trying to mentor youth and break the mold to make it easier for the next generation (you see the hostility here to her, imagine how she must feel?) and for taking a stand for a cause she believes in, protesting the national anthem during the Briona Taylor and George Floyd protests, whether you agree with her or not, and exercising her freedom of speech and giving voice to those with none. At any point she could have just walked away and gone back to where many Americans expect her to go, back in "her place." She could have walked away from it all and forever. But she didn't. Maybe its the courage to stand up and speak truth to power and fight for her right to be who she is and do the things that many of us take for granted or have no obstacles in our path, like being recognized and respected for who you are? Maybe she's just another strong black woman in a long line of them?

Does she represent the "best of America?" I'm not sure but given her background and who she is, she's accomplished a lot and she's flawed, like everyone is, and an American that people can be proud of. I'm happy that she'll be home for Christmas.

Brilliantati©
  • Options

I just find this particular deal utterly pathetic on the US’s part.  It should have been a 3 for 1 trade.  We gonna hand over bombs next time, because that is basically what we did this time and only got one of many American prisoners back.

I am surprised some of you don’t expect more from your government.   If you criticize Biden here you are automatically labeled MAGA.   
    Come on Man, you know the drill around this save space.  
    On a positive note, for all you sports fans out there, it’s the first time in history anyone ever noticed a trade for a WNBA player…even if it was a Arms Dealer for a POTHEAD!!! Come on Shit-4-brains!! 
  • Options
    With so much of Brandon losing, its really difficult to determine what the next fauxrage will be. I mean, anything to take POOTWH and the repubs' colossal, epic, mid-term election and Hershal Crawler failures off the front page, eh?

First it was Afghanistan. Then it was Hunter's laptop. Then it was CRT. Then it was Hunter's laptop. Then it was the crisis at the border. Then it was Hunter's laptop. Then it was the gays. Then it was Hunter's laptop. Then it was caravans. Then it was Hunter's laptop. Then it was the gays. Then it was Hunter's laptop. Then it was supply chain issues.  Then it was Hunter's laptop. Then it was the gays. Then it was Hunter's laptop. Then it was the price of gas. Then it was Hunter's laptop. Then it was the gays.  Then it was Hunter's laptop. Then it was inflation. Then it was Hunter's laptop. Then it was the gays. Then it was Hunter's laptop. Then it was the gays. Now it's Brittney. Tomorrow it'll be the gays and Hunter's laptop.

The House on Thursday passed landmark legislation that would enshrine marriage equality in federal law, granting protections to same-sex and interracial couples and clearing the way for President Biden’s signature.

“Today, Congress sends the Respect for Marriage Act to the president’s desk, a glorious triumph of love and freedom,” said House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.), quoting the gay rights activist Edith Windsor in comparing marriage to magic. “This legislation honors that magic, protecting it from bigoted extremism, defending the inviolability of the same-sex and interracial marriages.”

The House had already passed an earlier version of the Respect for Marriage Act in July, but the Senate delayed its vote on the bill until after the midterm elections. Late last month, the Senate passed the bill with a bipartisan amendment to allay some Republicans’ concerns about religious liberty. The amended bill passed the Senate in a 61-36 vote, with 12 Republican senators joining Democrats in favor of it.

n a 258-169 vote, the House on Thursday passed the bill with the amendment, which clarifies that the federal government would not be authorized to recognize polygamous marriages and confirms that nonprofit religious organizations would not be required to provide “any services, facilities, or goods for the solemnization or celebration of a marriage.” Thirty-nine Republicans joined all Democrats in supporting the measure.

At a bill enrollment ceremony after the vote, members of the House and Senate celebrated as Pelosi (D-Calif.) and Senate Majority Leader Charles E. Schumer (D-N.Y.) signed and formalized the bill’s passage.

“We can put to rest the worries of millions of loving couples who are concerned that someday an activist Supreme Court may take their rights and freedoms away,” said Sen. Tammy Baldwin (D-Wis.), the first openly gay person elected to the Senate. “We are giving these loving couples the certainty that their marriages are legal and that they will continue to have the same rights and responsibilities and benefits of every other married couple.”

Biden has signaled his support, saying that ensuring federal protections for marriage equality is among his legislative priorities in Congress’s lame-duck session.

“The House’s bipartisan passage of the Respect for Marriage Act — by a significant margin — will give peace of mind to millions of LGBTQI+ and interracial couples who are now guaranteed the rights and protections to which they and their children are entitled,” Biden said in a statement after the House passed the bill. He added that after the Supreme Court in June ended the right to abortion after nearly 50 years, “Congress has restored a measure of security to millions of marriages and families. They have also provided hope and dignity to millions of young people across this country who can grow up knowing that their government will recognize and respect the families they build.”

House passes landmark legislation to protect same-sex marriage - The Washington Post

one of the more pathetic things i have seen in awhile.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

• Options
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:

I’m not sure what other statement to describe her would be fitting? In a situation like this! An administration that represents an American president negotiated the release by default its political..
    Very fortunate, for sure. 
    And don't get me wrong- I'm glad she was released!  Its ridiculous that any country should make anything marijuana related illegal!

• Options

On a positive note, for all you sports fans out there, it’s the first time in history anyone ever noticed a trade for a WNBA player…even if it was a Arms Dealer for a POTHEAD!!! Come on Shit-4-brains!! 
    Linda what do you think Trump was doing with all those top secret documents at Mara Lago?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:

I'll take a stab at it. Maybe its her ability to overcome growing up black, female and lesbian, having been rejected by her father upon coming out and still rising above to become the best female basketball player in college and the WNBA and a two-time Olympic gold champion, despite her personal flaws of breaking an opponent's nose, domestic violence conviction and divorce and pot smoking? Maybe its because she's trying to mentor youth and break the mold to make it easier for the next generation (you see the hostility here to her, imagine how she must feel?) and for taking a stand for a cause she believes in, protesting the national anthem during the Briona Taylor and George Floyd protests, whether you agree with her or not, and exercising her freedom of speech and giving voice to those with none. At any point she could have just walked away and gone back to where many Americans expect her to go, back in "her place." She could have walked away from it all and forever. But she didn't. Maybe its the courage to stand up and speak truth to power and fight for her right to be who she is and do the things that many of us take for granted or have no obstacles in our path, like being recognized and respected for who you are? Maybe she's just another strong black woman in a long line of them?

Does she represent the "best of America?" I'm not sure but given her background and who she is, she's accomplished a lot and she's flawed, like everyone is, and an American that people can be proud of. I'm happy that she'll be home for Christmas.

I agree, with all of that, but I think "best of America" is hyperbolic and I would have chosen other words to describe the good fortune of her release. 

• Options

I agree there are BIG problems with the trade, but pothead?  That's a stretch.  Using marijuana in of itself does not make one a "pot head".
    And if you think Biden is S4B, how on God's green earth would you categorize 45?  I think you would have to say "major city sewage system for brains", right?

• Options

one of the more pathetic things i have seen in awhile.

Maybe she needs to visit Massachusetts? Or Canada? To witness for herself that both places aren't all fire and brimstone, smell like sulfur and with its populace minions of Satan? I mean its been since 2004 in Massachusetts and 2005 for Canada. Both still exist and are thriving. Now Seattle? I heard its fallen.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    JojoRice said:
    DeSantis 2024!
    hahaha....cannot wait to watch republicans eat themselves alive in the next couple years. 
    That they're going to do. It'll be a pleasure to watch. However, the Faustian bargain or deal with the devil, POOTWH, will be Deathsantis trading a POOTWH withdrawal and endorsement of same in 2024 for a POOTWH and crime family full, blanket pardon. You watch. Jared Dear Boy, Ivanka Darlink, Jr. and the Dim one, all pardoned for any and all crimes, suspected crimes and potential crimes of the future.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:

So Brittany Griner was one of those that wouldn't stand for the anthem.  She is/has and will get a lot of shit for that.  She does not represent the best America.  Who even said that?

I'm glad she is freed though.  Sucks for anyone to be locked up abroad.  Hopefully she is smarter next time she packs.
  • Options
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:

So Brittany Griner was one of those that wouldn't stand for the anthem.  She is/has and will get a lot of shit for that.  She does not represent the best America.  Who even said that?

I'm glad she is freed though.  Sucks for anyone to be locked up abroad.  Hopefully she is smarter next time she packs.
    The Shit-4-brains President said that..
    One would hope she would now stand for the anthem after experiencing what real oppression looks and feels like…

• Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,560
    edited December 2022
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:

One would hope she would now stand for the anthem after experiencing what real oppression looks and feels like…

You would think that the previous administration would have been able to get Whelan back. They tried so hard and 45 was so close to his idol/mentor

Post edited by Bentleyspop on
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,560
    edited December 2022
    www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nba/tr ... r-AA1547di

Former President Donald Trump shot down Russian attempts to trade former Marine Paul Whelan for “Merchant of Death” arms dealer Viktor Bout, former national security adviser John Bolton said Thursday — as Trump ripped his successor for agreeing to send Bout home in exchange for the return of WNBA star Brittney Griner.

Bolton recalled in an interview with CBS that he was in the midst of his 17-month tenure at the White House when Whelan was detained on concocted espionage charges in December 2018.

“The possibility of a Bout-for-Whelan trade existed back then,” said Bolton, 74, “and it wasn’t made, for very good reasons having to deal with Viktor Bout.”

• Options
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:

You would think that the previous administration would have been able to get Whelan back. They tried so hard and 45 was so close to his idol/mentor

Exactly...tRump better keep his mouth shut or everyone will need to be reminded of that.

And I keep hearing on the news about how the charges against Whelan were bogus. You do have to wonder. I think if they were bogus we would have already got him home.

• Options
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:

honestly there are bigger issues in this country. hardly anybody actually gives a shit about whether someone stands for the national anthem or not. those people that do are just creating a wedge issue that literally no democrats care about. the anthem being played at sporting events is a stupid tradition anyway.